Safelite AutoGlass — door trim incorrectly placed and passenger side light was broken.
On Aug.7th, 2017 the third door passenger window on my 2010 Mini Cooper Clubman was smashed by a vandal.Safelite came out to replace the window on Aug.10th.Upon completion, I mentioned that the trim did not look right. There was a gap between the windows that wasn't there before. The technicians stated that the trim could only go on one way. That the chip at the bottom was caused by the break-in.
When talking with the local shop I was verbally told if it was not right they would take care of it.
On Oct.10th I went to my mechanic for an oil change. He stated that the door trim piece was incorrectly placed and was cracked in two places.He also noted that the passenger side light was not working. I mentioned when Safelite replaced the window they didn't know what the cable was for. I stated it was to the passenger side light, which was working before the car was broken into.
My mechanic also pointed out that my radiator was leaking where cooling cores meet end tank and needed to be replaced within 6 months.
I decided to go ahead and replace the radiator and my mechanic said he could fix the door trim at that time too.
On Oct 27th. I had my radiator, and the door trim replaced. My mechanic removed the pillar cover he thought to plug in the ribbon cable he found it was torn.The light is built into b-pillar cover I would need to replace the cover to restore light function.
My insurance covered all but $100.00 deductible, which I paid.
I believe Safelite should reimburse me the cost to replace trim and cover the cost of the b-pillar cover.
My mechanic, Anson, works at Best Motor Werks, shop phone [protected].
I did call my local shop on Oct. 27th and was told the manager would get back to me in 24 hours. He has not called yet.
More Safelite AutoGlass Complaints & Reviews
- Safelite Auto Glass - They're giving me the runaround 
- Safelite Auto Glass - Insurance Scam 
- Safelite Auto Glass - Failure to Honor Warranty/Faulty Product and Workmanship 
- Safelite Auto Glass - False advertising
- Safelite Auto Glass - Cheap glass 
- Safelite - BAD PRODUCT AND SLOW FOLLOW UP 
- Safelite AutoGlass / Safelite Group - defective windshield installed/rear view console damaged
- Safelite Auto Glass - Horrible service 
- Safelite AutoGlass / Safelite Group - reimbursement of the windshield by subaru was not received by safelite autoglass
- Safelite Auto Glass - Repair results