Menu

D
Author of the complaint
2:59 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Ryland homes has been a huge sadness and after three years in our new home we're ready to sell before the house falls apart. The paint is peeling, cheap upgraded carpet, windows fogging and can't get them fixed. Caulking peeling off and shoddy workmanship all the way around. Wish I would have gone with the other builder and not Ryland. We had to upgrade the kitchen cabinets which cost thousands only to end up with cabinets that are not even wood. Dishwasher install is crooked and everywhere there are pipes coming in the house it looks like they just punched a big hole. Left our upgraded tile uncovered during construction so we've never been able to get the glue marks out of the tiles. What a mistake!

Helpful? 0 0

More Lennar complaints & reviews

Lennar - Poor construction and warranty policy
Lennar - Keeping Escrow Monies
3 comments
L
Aug 04, 2014 2:59 pm

Ryland will send a person around to look at problems and he will offer solutions to the problems but never fix them. Mostly the suggestions are not the solution to the problem. I have had to replace the air conditioning unit. I have a leak in the dining room.
The house is sinking on one side, the hardwood floor is rotting from the water leak, it is leaking in the master closet, the sprinkler system has needed major repairs, the stove top caught on fire when it was not in use. Mostly this experience has been a disaster. I would never recommend Ryland to anyone as you will not get a quality product.

J

I purchased my Ryland home in June 2001 (the house was built 1998) since then I have had many issues with this house. Poor quality is the least that I can say about this builder. I have been in this house since 2001. Buyer beware. All the window seals are broken and I've had to replace all the windows in the house even the fixed windows in the tune of $8, 000 dollars. The aluminum trim cap on top of the chimney was not long enough so when it rained the water leaked into the attic and on to the drywall ceilings. Ryland warranty mgr disputed my claim until mold appeared on the drywall and then he felt like he would fix the chimney cap only and replaced the drywall!? While digging in the yard many discarded construction material items (trash) was buried in the yard and not thrown away properly. I could go on and on about this builder best ret assure I will never buy or recommened this builder.

0 0

We bought a Ryland home in the Austin area in May 2013 and the experience has been nothing but miserable. In fact, there has been so much incompetence during the design center phase and building phase that we are pulling out even though we will most likely lose our deposit. So far, they have installed the wrong cabinets, wrong backsplash, and wrong windows. They installed hardwood floors without following the correct installation procedures. Windows also have been installed incorrectly. We paid extra for white mortar and it turned out beige because they mixed white cement with brown sand. The list goes on and on. We have zero confidence in Ryland to build a quality home. I agree with your opinion of the cabinets. They are horrible! They are made of particle board. We bought a new Ryland home years ago and it was a good experience. Ryland has changed. The only thing they are interested in is slapping houses together to make a profit.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

143 complaints