Ryland HomesMajor issues

G

I live in a Ryland condominium building. It was built in 2005 and has had major water issues since it was built. Several sprinkler pipes have burst causing major damage to several units. Many residents have had to move out multiple times for extensive repiar work just to have the same thing happen again.

In addition to the sprinkler piping, the roof has had many problems with leaking. It has always leaked leading to the development of major mold problems on the upper floors.

The entire building has been ridden with water issues since it was built. Ryland Homes has yet to fix these problems adequately and it has been 5 years.

• Lj
    LJD92 Sep 30, 2021

Home built in 2013 by Ryland. within 2 yrs had pipe burst between sub floor and garage causing damage to electronical sockets. Now its 2021 had to do another claim, go into the garage and then its raining (literally, water is pouring from ceiling into my garage. appears to be another pipe burst. My master bathroom is directly over my garage. water is pouring out of my garage ceiling sockets, garage door motor is ruined.

what is with the poor pipes with the bathrooms or sub floors. This is absolutely horrible.

what type of recourse do you have as a homeowner?

• Bo
    Bob Egge Dec 13, 2020

My house was built in 1999 in Dayton, OH. I purchased it in 2004 - my first home purchase
    Driveway slabs cracked and sinking
    Basement floor cracked
    Basement wall cracked - caused flooding in finished part of basement
    Window pane seals were bad - looked foggy outside all the time
    Roof leaked
    Ceiling area above bay Window leaked causing extensive damage
    Front door is off 1/2-inch from one side compared to the other
    Windows leaked letting water get into the wall - led to carpenter ants and mold
    Particle board was used outdoors which is now crumbling

• De
    desiree beaty Jun 28, 2019

Ryland is pathetic. My home was built in 2000 and everything is a mess. After the excitement of having a new home wears off, you start to see all of the imperfections. Ryland, you should be ashamed of the way you do business.

• La
    Larry Norris May 06, 2014

Had many problems with a new home built by Ryland. The day you close is the last day you hear from them.Water leaks and mold problems seem to be their middle name, but what is really sad and non professional is the way the treat you after you close. I feel sorry for future customers.

• Sh
    Shocking unprofessionalism Mar 28, 2014

Major issues with my Ryland Built home [protected] Call me if you have any ideas for legal recourse.

• Jt
    jterrell Mar 07, 2013

i have a different model but same leaking issues through a fixed door even had ryland contractor tell me its a faulty design yet ryland will not warranty ins says builder defect and will not cover it not to mention the fact that i have a tub that was damaged before purchase but conveniently hidden with a temporary style repair that was like a thin coat of white fingernail polish this was also done to a shower base and my neighbor has had tile issues 3 times and a leaking wall with severe mold issues

• Mz
    MZ_SanAntonio Jul 18, 2012

After hearing what others have to say, I guess we should be happy that we cancelled our deal with Ryland before actually building with them. Now we're just waiting...and waiting for the return of our Earnest money. Our build out was contingent upon the sale of another home; since it hasn't sold yet we decided not to build with Ryland at this time. However, after reading the comments above, we will choose another builder!

• De
    D.E. May 16, 2012

Well...where should I start...Ryland Sucks...my doors were not hung correctly...not a single shim and the doors aren't square...the roof...stapled by laborers who didn't know crap about roofing...light weight felt and staples...adjuster pointed out that the staple job was not done properly...I can't imagine that cause it took them a whole two hours to do it...whew!!! I was such an idiot for buying from Ryland...there homes are crap...Phase 1 Windmill Farms in Forney, Texas

• Ps
    P Stach Apr 06, 2011

We live in a Ryland home. The Windsor, we also have several friends that own the same model their is leaking at the back door, the entry way at the back door and into the back bathroom. This seems to be a common issue. Ryland will not cover it and makes you feel like you are the only person who has this problem. When in fact several other homes in the same model have it.It doesnt seem fair that we have to pay the repairs when Ryland knows of the issue. Why cant there be a law that home owners have to fix homes when a problem comes us like auto makers.

Comment Guidelines