Ryland HomesMajor issues

G

I live in a Ryland condominium building. It was built in 2005 and has had major water issues since it was built. Several sprinkler pipes have burst causing major damage to several units. Many residents have had to move out multiple times for extensive repiar work just to have the same thing happen again.

In addition to the sprinkler piping, the roof has had many problems with leaking. It has always leaked leading to the development of major mold problems on the upper floors.

The entire building has been ridden with water issues since it was built. Ryland Homes has yet to fix these problems adequately and it has been 5 years.

• Ps
    P Stach Apr 06, 2011

We live in a Ryland home. The Windsor, we also have several friends that own the same model their is leaking at the back door, the entry way at the back door and into the back bathroom. This seems to be a common issue. Ryland will not cover it and makes you feel like you are the only person who has this problem. When in fact several other homes in the same model have it.It doesnt seem fair that we have to pay the repairs when Ryland knows of the issue. Why cant there be a law that home owners have to fix homes when a problem comes us like auto makers.

• De
    D.E. May 16, 2012

Well...where should I start...Ryland Sucks...my doors were not hung correctly...not a single shim and the doors aren't square...the roof...stapled by laborers who didn't know crap about roofing...light weight felt and staples...adjuster pointed out that the staple job was not done properly...I can't imagine that cause it took them a whole two hours to do it...whew!!! I was such an idiot for buying from Ryland...there homes are crap...Phase 1 Windmill Farms in Forney, Texas

• Mz
    MZ_SanAntonio Jul 18, 2012

After hearing what others have to say, I guess we should be happy that we cancelled our deal with Ryland before actually building with them. Now we're just waiting...and waiting for the return of our Earnest money. Our build out was contingent upon the sale of another home; since it hasn't sold yet we decided not to build with Ryland at this time. However, after reading the comments above, we will choose another builder!

• Jt
    jterrell Mar 07, 2013

i have a different model but same leaking issues through a fixed door even had ryland contractor tell me its a faulty design yet ryland will not warranty ins says builder defect and will not cover it not to mention the fact that i have a tub that was damaged before purchase but conveniently hidden with a temporary style repair that was like a thin coat of white fingernail polish this was also done to a shower base and my neighbor has had tile issues 3 times and a leaking wall with severe mold issues

• Sh
    Shocking unprofessionalism Mar 28, 2014

Major issues with my Ryland Built home [protected] Call me if you have any ideas for legal recourse.

• La
    Larry Norris May 06, 2014

Had many problems with a new home built by Ryland. The day you close is the last day you hear from them.Water leaks and mold problems seem to be their middle name, but what is really sad and non professional is the way the treat you after you close. I feel sorry for future customers.

• De
    desiree beaty Jun 28, 2019

Ryland is pathetic. My home was built in 2000 and everything is a mess. After the excitement of having a new home wears off, you start to see all of the imperfections. Ryland, you should be ashamed of the way you do business.