Menu
Russells Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Russells
reviews & complaints

www.russells.co.za

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.2 98 Reviews

Russells Complaints Summary

6 Resolved
92 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Russells with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Russells has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Russells. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Russells reviews & complaints 98

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Russells reviews & complaints

G
1:04 pm EST

Russells (COZY NIGHTS SERENITY 107CM FOAM B-SETand service

I ordered 2 beds on the 1 November 2022.I was sent an email on 2 November 2022 by DH home who works on behalf of Russels-Kindly note that one of the base set(COZY NIGHTS SERENITY 107CM FOAM B-SET) you have purchased is a special order(Non Standard Product) - we need to order it from the supplier - and the supplier has to manufacturer it from scratch - the process takes 3-4 weeks to be finalised.When I phone her a month later she said that their system reflects that both beds were delivered on the 11 November. BUT I ONLY ONE BED WAS DELIVERED.How can they send a bed that is still being made?They are making me phone different places that are not helpful.

Desired outcome: Either give me the second bed-COZY NIGHTS SERENITY 107CM FOAM B-SET or Refund my money!You guys cannot make me pay for something I have not yet received.

10:35 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Russells 4 month old son (still under warranty)

Ref: : BA-GOMM-[protected]-4299

I lodge a request to have my sofa that’s still under warranty repaired, I was told by 5 different agents that collection is lodge for today 02/12/2022, my last call today at 1pm the agent promised that it will be collected today latest 6pm. No one has called & its now 17:25pm I’m so disappointed in Russell’s.

T
9:14 am EST

Russells Service I received was hell

Comment: Service I received was hell,I have an open view decoder which I bought at your store and it not working,so I went back to the store I bought it from,Sontonga mall. The lady the is very rude her name is Babalwa. As I see it you don't value your customers if people who work for can treat me as a customer this bad,we agured for some time when I was asking her questions about the decoder,I even decided that can I get my money back because it's been two weeks attending the matter but I'm not getting any help.she told me the is nothing I can do to her,I think I know it all because I'm a customer and told me to futsek. Now I'm two months pregnant having to agure with her my blood pressure went up, I'm having episodes because I'm stressed it three weeks now I haven't received any help I just need my money back,I'll be taking my business else where. It's festive season now you should be treating customers good.i just need my money back please 🙏 I'm tierd of the stress I'm getting from your shop.

Desired outcome: I want my money back

N
N
Nyiko Mushwana
Tembisa, ZA
Dec 29, 2022 1:13 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I laybed a washing machine at Tembisa mall(sangweni)and I finished paying for it on the 18th of December even now they haven't delivered I've been calling everyday with no luck ,the guy who is busy with the matter is Zakes and after I argued with them I received a SMS saying my laybye just got activated meaning all along I've been paying for nothing. The service of Russell is very poor and according to me they should close it. Zakes number now is no longer working [protected]

7:04 am EST

Russells Clarissa 2 Piece Bedroom Suite M2

My Mother Martha Kekana lay byed Clarissa 2 Piece Bedroom Suite M2 at Russells Jubille Mall in Hammanskraal and was assisted by Shirley Setshedi [protected] and ever since it was delivered they promised to come adjust her headboard and last week it fell and she phoned Shirley Setshedi in Jubille and even today she has never phoned or sent anyone to come and properly adjust the headboard. My mother wanted to buy the Defy Top Loader Washing Machine and after she received such service she is no more looking forward on buying anything from Russells Furniture Store. Her contact number is [protected]/[protected] Ms Nkekolwana Martha Kekana and i am her daugher and can be reached on this number [protected] ELizabeth Kekana.

Desired outcome: properly adjust the headboard

C
8:06 am EDT

Russells Fraudulent Insurance

I purchased a TV from Russells Edenvale in May, its August now! I have been contacting the store, directly, telephonically, and via email, to no avail, I am paying for insurance for my TV, BUT I DON'T HAVE THE TV! The TV was stolen the day AFTER it was delivered, and the insurance company claimed to have contacted me regarding this THEY HAVE NOT and then tell the store the claim is rejected. IF THAT'S THE CASE cancel this order and refund me for the months I have been paying for something I don't HAVE!

Desired outcome: NO CALL FROM INSURANCE - CONSTANT DECLINE VIA STORE NO COMMUNICATION

10:27 am EDT

Russells Refund

My account was handed over to mbd, I then mistakenly made a payment to Russell's online, when I called Russell's to check if they received my payment, they then told me I was supposed to make payment with mbd, I then made my payment with mbd and it was successful.

So I went back to Russell's to request a refund from the R1201 payment I made, but to my surprise I only received R280.

Kindly help I want my money back

Desired outcome: To get my refund money back

moremadi
EKHURLENI, ZA
Aug 11, 2022 5:31 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I bought dinning chairs i paid 2644.00, December 2022. i never received my staff and 03 January i did the follow and the person who assist me he told me i must go to Polokwane and check is there is stock , i did so, the manager in Tembisa said i must arrange the transport again, then i told her i already paid the transport fee, April because of the poor service I'm getting the i decide to apply for refund , i went to shop on 26 MAY 2022 i fill all the forms they said to me i will get my money within 21 days, i waited for then on July 2022 then i did call them they said i must send my documents again, i ask them the email address so that i can forward the slips, i have to follow again and ask them if everything is fine, and the lady said to me : ohhh did you send you doc yes, after 30 minutes i received an email telling me of 2199.00 credit note, but i supposed to get the credit for all my money i paid, or i im paying them to offer me poor service, please please i need my full payment.2644. i worked so hard for my money. Tembisa Phumalani mall. olifantsfontein.

6:54 am EDT

Russells delivery

this is the worst service ever i took a fridge bed washing machine caoches and kettle and iro with russels fine they delivered everything all good saturday the guys that delivered left before even opening the box of the fridge when we opened there was a dent on the fridge i reported this immediately to the agent at russels alberton even sent a picture they mentioned someone will come out and bring a new fridge my partner took leave and still no response we waiting for the fridge our meat already deuterated as we dont have another fridge this is bad i am not going to open and use a broken fridge for even pay for it this is bad service

Desired outcome: i want my new fridge delivered today and this damaged fridge they brought taken away

R
3:21 am EDT

Russells Bad service

Good day,

I am writing this mail to lay a complaint about the service I have been receiving from both the store and the call centre agents. Russell’s and connect financial service

I went to the store on the 29th of June to settle the account and the cashier advised me that I needed to pay R9632.20 to settle the account.

I kept on receiving the SMSs and text’s telling me that my account is in arrears with R228.75, According to the statement, as I checked now, I was owing to you guys R9980.41, A debit went off on the 25th for R571.18 and I made a payment of R9632.20 please calculate all this amount and tell me how much they sum up to unless there are hidden fees, I am not aware of.

I am not the one at fault as the cashier advised me that I needed to pay the amount I paid why should I be penalized for a mistake that was not done by me. I won't be liable for that money, the cashier should not me and I have been sending emails but no one seems to bother themselves with my case.

I have attached all the communication I have sent to this email.

Desired outcome: Account to be closed and send me a paid up later

A
3:16 am EDT

Russells Poor service

I bought couches from your store in Krugersdorp the single couch broke so I logged a call last moth the 12 every time I call they say I should be patience last week Tuesday they said someone is coming out which never happened I call again on Thursday to find out they gave me a number to send photos to which I did the that WhatsApp line said they cant help I should contact the store so its almost a moth now my couch's is still not fixed

Desired outcome: need someone to come out and fix my couch my ref number that i received is CO-GOMM-[protected]-3667

1:41 am EDT

Russells Service

I bought Queen bed, TV and Stove on credit at Russells. Capitec Bank settled the Account last year on the 26 March 2021 (settlement of R3300) and on the 26 of April 2021 after the settlement was made they 8deducted R516 from my account and I did understand why they did that so I reversed it, at a later stage they called saying I owe them and I asked how? the Collector said I reversed R516, I asked how can one reverse R516 from the R3300 that was paid? He never responded. He said so many things I didn't understand and I ended up agreeing to pay R200 and ever since I have been getting calls, emails. They have never got back to me with a further information/investigation. Now they are saying I owe R1038

Desired outcome: Problem to be solved, cause now it's ruining my Itc record

H
2:16 am EST

Russells Late

Russells is spouses to open at 9 and tje store is still closed now the client needs to wait for them why

Desired outcome: Open on time

S
10:35 am EST

Russells Poor service and unacceptable service

I went to buy a bed at Russell's atteridgeville and spoke to salesperson Kamogelo who advised that he has the bed for R2700 as advertised available and I swipped I was charged R3599.00. I immediately came back to rectify the error. And the manager Johanna told me that she cannot refund my money and the bed they gave me is incorrect and the one I want is not available.

She further advised that the refund will take 14 days.

They were quick to mislead me into buying the incorrect product ,however they cannot process a refund immediately

JOhanna the manager told me that there warehouse has the bed i want however I must either collect it or pay R295 delivery

This is Russell's warehouse. The service is poor and has employees that are imcompatant

Desired outcome: Urgent refund

Z
6:31 am EST

Russells I'm complaining about aSunsui TV

I boght a 55 sunsui television at Russels Dundee it started giving problems while it was still under warrant. We took it back into the shop at Russels Mtubatuba it was sent to Durban for fixing. It came back working after a month it was blank we took it back into the shop it was sent to Durban again. and it came back again with a note saying I should be given a new TV. I've been refered to several people with no help. I even went to the shop to choose a Tv but still I dont get help.

Desired outcome: please they must give me a new TV

R
1:47 am EST

Russells Lounge suite

Hi I purchased a lounge suite from the russell's store in Port Soepstone in 2019.
The one recliner cable was always slipping off complained to store but they were unable to help us. We now have a problem with the leather peeling off the headrest which started ion 2020. We complained to the store and they were even u able to pick up our purchase and find the invoice and eventually we sent an email to the store and they also took months to get back to us only to tell us that we must pay for the transport and repairs as the warranty is expired but this is very unfair to us cause we were battling to get any help from the store for a very long time. We would love to have someone contact us so that we can talk about this on [protected]/ [protected].
Thanks
Mr R D Pillay

T
5:09 am EST

Russells Unethical behaviour

27 November 2021
Order Number : 6003660

On the 25 November 2021(Thursday) I purchased a fridge which I was told I can come collect the following day(Friday)(Lied to) to me that didn't sound right I instead offered to come on Saturday . On Saturday the fridge was not in the store I then opted for a refund which the manager told me the refund will be processed immediately(lied to). Honesty is a key to every business and builds good relationship with customers. I wasn't going to take my business somewhere else if good business ethics where applied.

Honesty is key

Desired outcome: Training of store managers - Principles of customer service

S
8:14 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Russells Kic fridge which was delivered scratched and no box

On the 19th of October I applied for an account which was approved and I took a KIC fridge. It was only delivered to me on the 26th with scratches. The delivery guy was working alone and was violently dragging the fridge inside the house. When I asked why he is shaking and dragging the fridge and who is assisting him with the delivery, he demanded my mother assist him. He gave us 1 page and immediately left.

The fridge didn't come in a box. I was informed by the store associate helping me that they are giving me the display because they don't have what I want in their warehouse. I had been waiting for long so they'll give me the display and they will later change the fridge. On the day I informed the store that the fridge was damaged and had scratches, I was told they will log a call. On the 24th I went to the Richards Bay branch and was told to remove the plastic on the fridge. I did inform them that there is no plastic. I did not even want a KIC, I had to settle because they said they don't have the Defy fridge I wanted

I'm very dissatisfied with the service I'm getting and I want what I am paying for, not some reject the store doesn't even want.
I would appreciate it if you could give me a call as early as possible.

Smilo Ntshangase

Desired outcome: New fridge as agreed upon

A
1:31 pm EDT

Russells Service

On August, 24, 2021 I applied online for layby for a Sealy agro queen size bed. I transferred R1500 to the provided account and emailed the proof of payment and my ID photo, but no one has contacted me regarding this layby. I called several times and I didn't get any response
To resolve the problem I would appreciate if your company refunds the R1500 I paid.
I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem and will wait until September, 30, 2021 before seeking help from my state consumer protection.

F
F
Ftlaudgirl
Indianapolis, US
Sep 23, 2021 12:25 pm EDT

Russel,

What is a layby and R1500? I'm looking for reviews on Sealy mattresses...

Your complaints aren't very helpful. Did you purchase your mattress directly through Sealy?

Karen L.
Indianapolis, IN

8:19 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Russells Frustrated customer. Payment complaint.

I have settled my account and sent a proof payment to [protected]@connectfin.co.za. A day later i realised i made an error on my reference no, a single digit was wrong. Called in and sent countless emails, with no help whatsoever. I was sent from pillar to post even on this very moment, my account is still in arrears even though i have settled it and nobody is willing to assist. My credit score is on the line! I am very disappointed with the customer service i received. I want this matter to be dealt with professionally. My Ref no is [protected]

Desired outcome: My account must be cleared.

Z
6:55 am EST

Russells Refund for online items

I ordered an item online from Russells on the 31/10/2020 and payment was then confirmed on the 02/11/2020. I waited for my delivery since up until I contacted their customer services and I was advised that the delivery takes up to 15 business days. After so much struggle, calling them back and forth, I was then advised that they have run out of stock of the item. And will then refund me. I have been waiting for my refund for 2 weeks since it was confirmed that they will process it. I called them today and spoke to Dikeletso who gave me too many " I dont know' which frustrated me cause clearly she does not know what she is doing. I asked to speak to her senior, she didn't even know what that. And I explained that i'm looking for a manager. Which of cause the manager was not available. Im really not surprised. I have not received my refund and they not doing anything about it, I have asked for proof, that they are actually doing something about this but nothing. No email from them. And that manager didn't even care to give me a call as I have requested that I need a senior to call me with answers. Such * service. They gave me a reference number; 1000154048.
My contact is as follows: [protected] ([protected]@gmail.com) Name: Zizo Mambumba

B
6:02 am EDT

Russells Rude store manager

My mom was at the East London Store today (21/08/2021). They told her that she will be charged a handling/service fee.

I requested for my mom to hand the phone over to the Store Manager. The Manager said she is busy and cannot take my call.
This is appalling and unacceptable. It is her responsibility to provide an explanation when required to do so. She was not going to be doing me a favour as I was going to pay for that service.

This is extremely upsetting and disappointing.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Russells contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Russells?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Russells Customer Service. Initial Russells complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Russells above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Russells. Discuss the issues you have had with Russells and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.