Complaints & Reviews

change in direct deposit without my knowledge, approval or request to do so

I recently filled out an on-line application to receive a Rush Card which is a Debit Card. I also receive compensation montly from the Veterans Administration. Whenever I call VA to get information or make changes to the way my money is received, I have to give personal information which I did not make available to this Debit Card company.

On June 1, I called my bank to check to see if my deposit was made. It was not. I called VA and was informed by them that my direct deposit had been changed. I could not get info from them as to who changed it, when and where was it changed to.

Upon investigation, I found that my direct deposit had been changed to go to this Rush Debit Card, without my acknowledgement or approval. VA made the changes without advising me in writing or by phone, and they have address and phone number to reach me.

Further, how dare this Debit Card company take it on their own and change my direct deposit. This is very UNETHICAL business practice and I don't see how they were able to accomplish it. Like I said, I can't change anything with VA without supplying certain personal information. This direct deposit is supplied to me because of the death of my son who is a Veteran. You need his name, date of birth, date of death, branch of service, etc.

I am very disappointed in Rush Card to do such and unethical thing as changing my direct deposit without my request or knowledge. I'm not sure exactly where to go from here but I will be doing some investigating to find out how I can rectify this problem and also make it common knowledge so other's don't find themselves in this same predicament.

This is deceptive and unethical business practices. When someone is interested in receiving a debit card in order to function in our society and to be taken advantage of in this way is very unethical. How can a company change anything about your finances without your request, written or otherwise? I need to know what the law is regarding this matter.

• Hi
    HitMiss Jun 06, 2010

I've used them for 5 years - No problems!

• Un
    UniRush,LLC/RushCard Jun 18, 2010

Hi Geri,
    I am sorry that this has been a frustrating experience for you. I looked into your issue for and our records show that when you completed your application you were asked:

“If you currently receive federal benefit payments, RushCard can set up direct deposit of your benefits to your card for you. Are you interested in using this FREE service? (Note: this does not apply to child support payments)" and you selected "Yes".

The next screen then gave you a list of federal benefits that you received and you selected “Veternans Compensation & Pension".

Our next step for enrolling customers is that we send either an email our a phone call from us where we asked you to please confirm that your information is correct in order to receive your benefits directly deposited onto your RushCard. If this is not the case, that you did not select this option on your application and that you did not confirm via email or telephone, please call us immediately at 1-866-787-4227.

I hope that we can get this issue resolved and that you will remain a RushCard member. Again, I apologize for this headache and would love to hear any feedback that you may have, please email me at [email protected]

Sincerely,
    Kyla
    RushCard Marketing

• Sh
    Sheryl2 May 06, 2012

The Rush card also changed our direct deposit of federal benefits without permission! It is going to take a lot of work to fix it, and I am mad.

• Ms
    ms price Nov 27, 2012

I was pleased with rushcard the first few years i was with them. After one of my credit cards were stolen from me, i immediately notified rushcard to close that one account out. I filed a fraud report with rushcard. They sent a replacement card to me within 7 days. I began to use my replacement card while the fraud investigation was being done. About 2weeks later, these idiots at rushcard put a block on my replacement credit cards, then closed my accounts out without any notice or nothing. I also had money left on my cards. It took over a month to receive the cash i still had. The represenatives i spoke with lied, gave me the "run around". They dismissed the fraud investigation as well. I do not recommend rushcard at all. They are HORRIBLE...HORRIBLE

• Bu
    Burgandy Henderson Oct 16, 2015

Rush Card is withholding my funds! I haven't been able to access my funds for 2 days!! The deadlines to fix the system upgrade haven't been met! When you call into speak with custom service a recording tells you to call back later! Opening a new account else where! This is ruining my life

• Le
    LeeAnn Broussard Oct 22, 2015

are ppl getting compensated for the inconvebience

poor customer service!!!

I don't understand why we hire aliens to work in jobs that are to provide excellent customer service. I was put on hold by 3 representatives for more than 20 mins, all because I ask to speak to a supervisor as to why my renewal card wasn't mailed out earlier than 2 weeks before it's the end of the month. No one came to the phone I hung up and called back a total of 3 times, finally I told the last agent iris, I was going to use her as the escape goat, I want to talk with a supervisor, and she put me on hold for 2 mins and came back and fed me a line of # that all of the supervisors were all taking calls at that time and I would need to leave a number for them to call me back after 2 hours. What???
They better be glad their # # are in ohio. No english speaking mofo's!!!
Hello russell!!! You gotta do better bro. I am going to have to cancel my account with you, simply because, I don't trust those people you have working for you, and if you don't care, hey I don't give a [censored], and I don't have to support you either.
Hey ya'll western union has a great card with no $1 fee everytime you use it. Go check it out

Westernunion.com, click on prepaid cards/gift cards and get yo'self some real #!!!
Peace and love ya'llllllllllll!!!

chuckylane Aug 24, 2012

I purchased a Rush card @ Walgreens thinking it was a green dot card of some kind, One reason being that in LARGE letters it has a GREEN DOT/ PAY PAL logo printed right on the front of the reload card. I am semi new to using the pre paid card system in the first place so I am unfamiliar with the wide variation of cards. Also, It was the only one on the rack, So My choices were none. Like an idiot, Rather than just walk out, I bought this card after reading the word Green Dot and RE-LOAD, I still was not sure what a RUSH CARD was. After trying to RE-LOAD My existing GREEN DOT card, Mind You, I only put 30.00 on the card, Plus the 4.95 initial cost from Walgreens, I returned to the store the next day with My receipt and the card, After being told that Walgreens could not refund My money, The manager kindly dialed the number for Rush Card and let Me speak to a customer rep. Not happy about it, But with no other way out than to apply for a Rush Card over the phone right then, I gave My information to the rep. and was told I would have My card in 7-10 working days. The time period came and went, Without My checking on the so called "status" of My card as the customer Representative had said I could do. It was 30.00, Not 300.00, Why worry? About 15 days into it, I finally called And got cut off I don't know how many times, On a minute phone, I can tell You, I started to get twisted, When I finally did get someone on the phone and went through all the crap AGAIN, I was told I did not qualify for one????? IT'S A PRE-PAID CARD!!!, HOW DO I NOT QUALIFY???? AGAIN, I give her all My info and the address, I had just moved and was using a friend's as a mailing address, She tells Me that I have to give her a different address?????? WHAT??? The whole time, I am having to repeatedly ask her what she had just said, Because I could not make out what she was saying.I asked what she meant by a"different address". I said that is the only address I have, What am I supposed to do? Just pull one out of a hat? She said, Yes, I need a different address, I can not send you a card to the address You gave Me. At this point I tried to tell her that I wanted a supervisor. Also, I could not say one or two words before she would interrupt Me. I asked her to please not interrupt. When she did it on that request also, I asked if she knew the definition of the word . She told Me to stop getting mad, ( I was not YET and had not spoke out with foul language of any kind, ) I told her that I wanted to speak with her supervisor and I had nothing left to say to her at all. All the while getting interruptions from her with every sentence I started. Thinking I am on hold for a supervisor finally, I sat back and waited, Just glad to be off the phone with her, FOUR minutes, If not FIVE went by with dead silence and My heart pounding like her head needed to be. All of the sudden, She said, Are You Finished? I had to look at the phone. I said, What??? i thought I was done with You a long time ago? I've been waiting for a supervisor!!! I said, Do You people just do this crap with every one that calls? You play this ### until they get tired and just give up? Then on to the next complaint? The piss cutter of the whole thing is this, GREEN DOT, although it is printed right on front of the RUSH CARD Is in NO WAY, SHAPE OR FORM, CONNECTED WITH RUSH CARD in ANY WAY!!! As it states on the back, In small print. WHAT THE f*** IS IT ON THE CARD FOR? IF this is the case? You would think that somehow the laws of false advertising or fraud or just plain ### would give consumers some kind of leverage against these kind of operations from being in business in the first place. Based on part by the fact that We can't understand a damn word they say, We Loose out on our end and tough ###? I am left only to feel sorry for the people that have put a lot of money into this f***in' white or tan in this case, collar crime. Every extra day they can not give a persons money back, It's just more in interest they make. I believe it is INTENTIONAL.

anonymousmer Apr 07, 2014

they yelled at me then hung up. told i didnt have and money
    I FILED TAXES IN 2013 FOR 2012 AND RUSH CARD TOLD ME I HAD A DEPOSIT OVER THEIR LIMIT AND I NEEDED TO SEND MY I.D AND SOCIAL SECURITY CARD INFORMATION; 1040 AND THEY WOULD RELEASE MY MONEY. I DID WHAT WAS TOLD AND IN TWO DAYS I CHECKED MY ACCOUNT AND TALK TO A SUPERVISION. I ASKED WHAT WAS GOING ON IF THEY HAVE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION THEN HE HANGS THE PHONE UP ON ME. I CALLED BACK AND THEY TELL ME I HAVE NO MONEY. I ASKED FOR ANOTHER SUPERVISOR WHO TELL ME THE MONEY WAS SENT BACK TO THE I.R.S. WHO DIDN'T HAVE IT. SANTA BARBRA DID AND THEY TOLD ME RUSH CARD RESTRICTED MY GOVERNMENT INFORMATION AND I BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS SENT. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT HAVE I EVER DID TO THAT BANK.I DOESN'T MAKE SINCE .

rush card is full of #

I went to my atm this morning and that I was trying to withdraw 200 and the atm only gave me 40.00 and that when I seen I was charge 200.00 I then call rush card.

Now they said to me that they will be sending me the forms and that I never seen the forms. Then when I called I go t the worst customer service rep and managers that I ever seen and that they then told me. That I would have to wait for 60 days and then when I said that I was told a differnt time frame.

What the manager said was I would have to wait and what I said was I know russel simmions and that I want it in 2 hours the paper work.

So what I am telling ever one is that rushcard is full of # and that you should not use there cards

• He
    Hello125 Mar 06, 2011

I had the same thing happen to me which is why i have now switched to greendot and switched my direct deposit with my employer how i got my money back was that i sent a fax to there corporate office regarding my atm transaction and within the hour i checked my bal and it was returned to me. Russell Simmons shouldnt even put his name behind this card or it will ruin him. i feel that he should be on the website reading these complaints and switch rushcard to the United States where the customers will be able to understand the reps cuz none of them speak very good english.

• Ke
    Keaira farria Apr 11, 2012

Im a card holder with rush card and I had a transaction made on my card that I was not aware of and when I contacted customer services they blocked all transation and told me to fax off my information which I did and after this they told me it would take 30 days for the investagation for my card to be unblocked and I waited but still called to check up on my founds and it became a problem after two monts after because they kept telling me that it would take 48 hours to here from corperate which we never heard from im still awaiting for my money.

Stolen my money

On 1/21/2010 I email [protected]@rushcards.com to ask why my account was blocked. They told me that I had to fax a copy of my DL, SS card and a copy of my tax return from a previous year for $1800+ dollars. I told them ain't no way I was going to fax a copy of my 1040 form to them especially with all the reviews I read about them stealing peoples money, any my family's personal information on it. Something told me it was fraudently. So I told them to close my account and to NOT acccept my 2009 tax deposit from the IRS, and to send it back so they could issue me a paper check in the mail. The agent name Bryan Caranto told me my accout was closed. Then on 1/29/2010 I got an email from them telling me I had a direct deposit. Even though my account was closed, I could still log in, and low and behold, they accepted my money from the IRS.

I called the IRS and was told since the account was closed, they was supposed to not accept my funds and it would have went back to the IRS and I would have been issued a paper check.

unprofessional customer service reps

Am very disappointed in how I was treated by a manager of the dispute department of rush first I filed a dispute that to this date have not been satisfied then I was suppose to get feed back from rush but never did unless I called, but when I thought it couldn't get no worst I was so disrespected by a manger named ulando he was just very rude unprofessional and not whom I would want anybody to endure his behavior this manager was talking very rude loud to me also putting me on mute while I was talking to him he then told me to do what ever I want that he does not care and that there is nothing he can do to help me and ended the call I don't think anybody should have to deal with unprofessional people like this I am sure russel simmon does not know that people like ulando in georgia call center is representing his name this way but I will be forwarding this to the proper hands that will deliver

• Na
    nana christian Dec 03, 2012

this card is straight ###, they are unprofessional and. you cannot understand anything they are saying. i wouldnt recomend anyone to use rushcard accountnow card, greendot, net spend.f*** rush card...

• Al
    allikatt Sep 04, 2014

Rush card is full of scams n fraud! I will be Reporting them to the better Business Bureau tomorrow morning I wouldn't Recommend anyone using them! They are very Unprofessional ! I tried to Cancel My card and get My Refund back cause I don't want the card the manager told me It's Nothing they can do for me!

blocking your card and not giving you your money back

i had rush card and back in 2007 i did overdraw my account. and again in 2008. now it is in aug 2009 and the first of aug i took out from a atm 1, 000 rush card blocked my card and said that by me taking 1, 000 from my account that it was a fraud withdraw. i called them and told them it was me that made that withdraw. then they said that back in 2007 that i was overdrawn and in 2008. it has been a month and they tell me that they have to have an account investigator to look at my account. that has been a month now. and they tell me every time i call them that someone is going to return my call. but i got one call and the told me that they are still ###ting.

• M2
    m2hot2handle Sep 05, 2009

That's because it's a fact that your a ### as well!!! Have you tried to read your pocket that comes with your card??? Why is that black Americans so difficult to handle??? Tsk!!! I pity you for that... Good thing it happened on you coz' you suck!!!

• Za
    ZAIDA NYC Feb 18, 2011

THEY WAIT TILL YOU PUT MONEY ON THE CARD THEN THEY BLOCK IT TO WHERE YOU CANT EVEN USE YOUR MONEY OR GET BAC BUT IM NOT GOING OUT LIKE THATS THATS NOT GONNA HAPPEN SOMEBODY IS GONNA GIVE ME MY MONEY BAC OR I WILL GO FIND RUSSELL MYSELF I UNDERSTAND IF YOU BLOCK IT BEFORE I PUT THE MONEY DONT WAIT TILL I PUT 900 DOLLARS UP THERE TOO BLOCK IT AND THEY TALKING ABOUT THEY CANT TELL ME WHY THEY BLOCKED IT THEY ASKED FOR PAPPERS I SENT IT NOW WHAT NOTHING YET I PUT THE MONEY SO I CAN PAY BILL AND NOW IT SEEMS LIKE I CANT PAY ANYTHING AND THATS NOT RIGHT !!! SOMETHING GOT TO GIVE SOMETHING HAVE TO HAPPEN BECAUSE NOW IM LATE IN BILLS AND ITS NONONE WE CAN TALK TO CAUSE SOON AS YOU CALL RUSH CARD AND GIVE THEM YOUR NAME THEY HANG UP ON YOU THEY KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU CALLING FOR SMH!!! I JUST DONT GET IT WHY WAIT TILL I PUT MONEY TO BLOCK MY CARD YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING THEY KNO DAM WELL IT WAS NOT FRAUD WHO GONNA JUST WANNA PUT MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT AINT NOBODY NICE LIKE THAT NOW IN DAYS

• Je
    Jennifer Shell Aug 10, 2015

I Jennifer shell is writing rush to rush card to do a compliant about my money on my rush crad.My rush card has been block for two week's i have scent every thing in!!! now am been told that my proof !!!of address!!! isn't good !!!enough.And i have fax !!!in three driffrent fax!!! to your your company!!! i know your company will hold my money for 36 to 93 day's and i refouse to wait that long when i have bills to pay.I Jennifer shell has been waiting for two week's!!! and a day.And my card is still block.I was told last thursday that i was going to be able to use my card!!! and i was lie to !!!.I need my money my !!! Like now.I Jennifer shell really don't want to put my lawer in this but if i got to i will.At first i was anger and saying a hold lot of thing's.I need someone to get back in touch asp not someone who don't speak English my phone number is864-593-4642 or864-438-6492 !!! eather or you can get in touch with Jennifer shell.!!! I'm in need for someone to get back in touch with me asp!!! I have gave them all my info and aam still getting the run around.i need to talk too someone real soon!!!.thank you Jennifer shell have a bless day

• Dy
    Dynetta Mcdonald Oct 30, 2015

I just want to say that I will be taking legal action if something isn't done about these issues. I am a single mother of three and it is very critical that I have access to all of my funds. Im not ususally a litigious person, but when it comes to my children Ill do what I have to do. I have been locked out of my account for 3 days now and its just not right. We should be compensated in some form for the inconvience. Dynetta McDonald

holding my money

I rented a car on July 16, 2009. Hertz rental company wanted a deposit for the car. When I brought the car back, they said it will take 3 to 5 business days to return the $200 deposit back on my account. Hertz has sent me a copy of the release form stating that Rush is suppose to release my money. That was going on two weeks ago! Rush still has not release my money! They keep telling me that they haven't receive the form yet. They also told me that there is not coporate number or address to give me so that I may speak to someone about my issue. This is crazy! I even put both companys on three way and Rush said that they could not release it without that form. Hertz has sent that form to them 4 seperate times! I'm so fed up with this unprofessional, uneducated company!

stop payment

To whom this may concern i am writing in regards to my Visa Rushcard. Tonite i made a purchase online to this anti-virus protection Witabett.com and found out it was a scam, so i called my Rushcard hotline to speak to a rep and do u know they refused to put a stop payment on this item for me the item in question was suppose to download and did not so i just lost 51.45 that i could have saved to feed my kids with or something of that nature i am not trying to sound like a victim but i feel if u advertise that u can have all this freedom with Rushcard purchases and they cant do a stop payment then its just like a scam too. I personally feel like that as long as whoever makes this card and advertise it is comfortable they could care less about the average working citizen 51.45 might not seem like a lot of money to u but it was to me i just want to be treated fairly...

returned check deposit

Worst customer service ever!
I called to ask if it was okay to send a check that was over a certain limit and was told yes send the check in and it would post to my account in 10 business days.
I sent the check next day air; tracking it and it arrived on june 30, 2009
I called to check of the date it would clear and was told it did not arrive.
I told the person it did and was signed for by "person who signed" at 8:15 am.
They still said it had not arrived and since it's over the limit it can not be deposited and would return.
I told them I was told to send the check and that it would clear.
They said there were no guarentees and the check would be sent back. They said someone will call me. No one ever did.
I called on july 6th and was told the check was on it's way back to me, but they did not have a tracking number. How odd???
So today (July 7th) I called them again and asked for the tracking number for the check they're returning to me.
I was told they don't have one. I said how do you know it's on it's way back to me and they said it was on it's way to their lock box. I said that's not what I was told.
Again they said someone will call me... Yeah er right!
I said that is totally unreasonable and I need to talk to someone now. I asked to speak to their corporate office. I was told they do not have a transferring #. I asked for the direct number and was told there wasn't one.
Frustrated I said, "how the hell do you get in touch with them than?" and was told via email.
So I said, "fine give me an email address."
"i'm sorry we cannot do that!"
Something is wrong with rush card/jp morgan and I will never ever do business with them again!
Oh and get this in closing I told them I am closing my account, how will my funds left in the account be returned to me...
Oh ma'am we'll send you a check and it'll take 8 to 10 business days!
I'll repeat myself! I will never do business with rush card/jp morgan and if you are smart you won't either!

anonymousmer Apr 07, 2014

i am in your boat .they even yelled me and hung up. anyways who would check on their money. banks think were dumb.well we arent.

bad service

This is a summary of what happened to me as a result of using a prepaid Visa card from a company call...

No customer service

I thought getting this card would be great for me, but it has given me more headaches than my kids do. I have had numerous accounts of bad customer service. I had an issue where my money wasn't dispensed completely from an ATM and when I called they gave me a time and date as to when it would be credited back to my account. I thought it was too easy.. When I called back, they said that I was told that I had to submit paper work and it would take 90 days to reimburse.

I was furious because that is not what I had been told the first time. Then they said that I would receive the paperwork by email in 1-3 hours, never got it. Called again and they said the same thing. Hasn't happened. In all calls, I knew that I was dealing with people outside of the country that did not understand my problem. I am very upset!!! I thought our money would be handled better than this especially how important money is.

terrible experience

I have been emailing rush card since October asking them has my new card been sent out. They never call or...

will not send a replace wth changed name

I SPOKE WITH A CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE TO RECEIVE A REPLACEMENT CARD BECAUSE I GOT MARRIED. I TOLD HER THAT I...

poor customer service

Their customer service representatives are idiots, they are extrememly unhelpful. They don't care about...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices