Royal United Mortgagesales/customer service

F

I contacted Lending Tree to inquire about a mortgage refinance. A mortgage consultant from Royal United Mortgage by the name of Luke immediately contacted me. At first he was very helpful and seemed that this company might be the best fit for our mortgage refinance. However, as I sought other quotes over the next day or two, I found that I had to drag even the most basic information out of Luke. His quotes didn't include the information that I was getting from other companies, which would allow me to do an apples to apples comparison. When I would ask for the information, he would beat around the bush and I would often have to ask twice or three times to get the actual answer to my question. He seemed to be hiding data. On the 3rd day, he flat out refused to quote me a scenario that I asked him to quote (which I had received from 3 other companies that day), saying that "in the end, all the quotes will be essentially the same, you just need to take into consideration the company as a whole who is working the transaction." What a crock. This company's fees were also higher than any of the other quotes I received. They were a waste of my time and I question their business practices when their quote sheets are missing so much basic information (such as the amount of discount points you are buying, the APR, and the estimated closing costs!)