Roses Discount StoreSupervision and management

D Aug 05, 2021

I am a retired Air Force Master Sergeant and First Sergeant. Prior to being a First Sergeant I was a Aircraft Maintenance Superintendent. After I retired I was the Service Manager for a car wash company covering the State of Alabama. I know a little bit about Management and supervising people. My daughter Cynthia Braswell works for the Roses Store in Montgomery, Alabama. She gives her all to her job as Assistant Manager and supporting the Store Manager. But, this store manager does not know any thing about manageing or supervising people or holding them accountable for not performing their jobs. She jus wants to let everything slide. My daughter tried to talk to and suggest writing up those who were not doing their job. She told my daughter not to write them up. When my daughter did write them up for not performing their job, refusing to perform the job correctly, and insubordination the store manager would refuse to sign a forward the write-ups. When my daughter counselled people to do their assigned task, the store manager would not back her up. The store manager started blaming my daughter for task that were not completed and/or improperly completed. When my daughter tried to explain to her what was happening she accused my daughter of gossiping. She would spread these lies to the District Manager. The district manager never investigated the problem. He took the store manager at her word. The store manager then allowed another employee to badger and bully my daughter for months. Is this the type of work environment your Company supports? Should your employees have to put up with this kind of treatment.
From what I can tell your management personnel do not know what they are doing or do not care about their employees. My daughter has over the years asked for advise on how to handle certain situations. We have discussed the best ways to handle them with different approaches and out comes. If they are allowed push her out or run her off with their abuse, you will have lost one of the best managers you have.

Donald L. Braswell Jr.