Rona CargoMissing consignment!

A

I was relocating to India from Sharjah, United Arab Emirates in September 2007. I sent a few electronic items( 2 TVs & a home theatre system) by sea cargo through Rona Cargo in Sharjah to Cochin, Kerala, India. The consignment was supposed to be delivered at my home within 3-4 weeks, but the actual delivery took place after nearly 2 months. It seems Rona Cargo has another local agent in Kerala who does the clearing at customs and other documentation work. When the consignment was finally delivered, there were two cartons.. one a normal cardboard box and another one a wooden crate. The delivery was done late in the evening (at around 7.30.p.m) and the delivery boys quickly left after taking my mother's signature on the delivery note. Later when we opened the wooden crate, we noticed the home theater system missing. We immediately reported this to both Rona Cargo and the local agent. The local agent asked us to weigh the items and see if the total was around 84 kg. After weighing the items, we found it was only 62 kg, quite evident that 22 kg went missing. There were other confusions regarding the consignment number.

Until this date, they have not been able to trace the missing item and both are blaming each other.
I have spent enough money on phone calls to Rona Cargo and the every time the answer is "we are investigating it". 5 months have passed since the consignment was sent, and their investigation is still continuing.

Please beware... the culprits may be Rona Cargo, or the local agents or some body at the customs... I hold Rona Cargo responsible, as it is their duty to deliver the consignment safe at the destination. They cannot just wash their hands off any responsibility. If you are sending any items through any cargo company, please make sure the following:

1. Get the list of items being sent, written by the agents on the receipt (bill), so that you have evidence of handing over the items to the cargo agents.
2. Weigh the total items and get the total weight recorded in the receipt by the agents.
3. Send a copy of the items to the recipient in advance.
4. On delivery, open the boxes and make sure all items sent are present and have not suffered any damage. Do not sign the delivery note without verifying this.

Regards,
Aparna.

• Vi
    Vinod Kumar Mesa Jul 24, 2021

I have sent my shipment on 25th June 2021 by Air, at the time of pickup they said it will take maximum 10 days, but it has been a month now until now not reached this shipment. Do not listen to their false promises. Please my shipment number # W2881695.

• Mp
    m p suni Apr 10, 2021

Can you please update the delivery status, now more than 45 days, please respond

ASL-99-585
    ASL-99-586

Thanks
    Sunil

• Aa
    Aamir Khan Feb 21, 2021

Sir 67 days finish but not delivered my Cargo why sir my india contact number +[protected] please tell me where is my parcel

• De
    Delivery status Feb 06, 2021

• Ri
    Riyas thirunnavaya Dec 28, 2020

I have bad experience with Rona Cargo, where I sent 2 box to my home in KERALA throgh sea cargo, they said it will delivered with 35 days, until this time 28/12/2020. no one contacted yet, when i contact them in Al Ain office they said it will be delivered within 2 days, after 2 days I call the said one box delivered, where telling lies, now they saying because of clearing issue delay, so these are clear indication this company and staff are Fraud, Now i decide to register a complaint against them, My Advise before send any valuable item to your destination must check that companies customers review... then take decision.

• Su
    suneer rehman Jun 15, 2019

Rona cargo delivery team collected the sending item on [protected]. The items are not yet delivered at the destination and there is no any delivery status updates for the same. If we are calling to cargo representatives, normally they are not picking up the calls. If we are getting on the line, they are not ready to reply properly.

• Zu
    Zubairshariff Sep 02, 2018

My cargo recipt number SN32328
    Still i didnot get my cargo i have sent by air cargo through rona cargo rolla sharjah..not getting response also plz take this complaint seriously

jasmine&tulips Sep 27, 2016

I did face same situation as Aparma. My cargo took 2 months for reaching my destination. Aside from the time, the whole cargo was of no use. Everything was broken and shattered. Food items (nuts and dry fruits) were missing. Dinner plates were missing. Rona Cargo is the worst cargo in UAE. Please never ever send through these company. Not worthy of trust. I even called their office, emailed them with pictures and the bill and they gave a cold response.

• Na
    Naveen Jun 03, 2009

Rona Cargo serves UAE last 30 years. Y any other good company?
    ALl u hav to do is to check items U got at destinations and then sign the delivery note.

thanx
    Naveen

• Ba
    babu13 Mar 28, 2009

Check the price of whatever you want to send before deciding to send any thing.Certain items are cheaper there, but certain items are still not available, like hi end audio and stuff like that.Check the cargo agent has their own clearing agent there.Most of the so called cargo companies here just collect the items on a commission basis and then hand it over to someone else.So, find a good comapny.

• Sn
    s.natarajan Feb 28, 2009

Dear friends

I also had a very bad experience on sending the cargo to India.In my case every thing is ok except the clearing charges and customs duty.I paid heavly on charges to clear the materials aprox 26, 000 IRS which is not worth at all.As per our friednd Mr.Dinesh message better sell locally what ever the rate at leaset you get some money insted of spending time and money.

• Di
    dinesh Jul 05, 2008

Dear friends
    I am not surprised. Any one planning to relocate to India please sell their items for whatever price you may get. Experience teaches me it is worth it. There is nothing that is not available in India. So why waste your time money, energy and raise your blood pressure.

mantic Jun 16, 2008

Good i saw this. I was check the telphone no of rona cargo to send some cargo.

Thanks for the message posted.

• Su
    suresh Jun 06, 2008

i have no complaint about ronocargo. i sent my items on march 15 they it will reach 15 days it will reach on 20th just 5 days will take .sooo... ronacargo thanks also itd staffs

regards and thanks