Having problems with Western Express?

Western Express Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 316 7160 (Head Office)
+1 888 270 8811 (Customer Service)
+1 866 726 8509 (Fontana, CA)
+1 800 654 0164 (Fort Dodge, IA)
+1 800 943 3964 (Birmingham, AL)
+1 770 682 3349 (Atlanta, GA)
+1 800 233 2154 (Madison Heights, VA)
+1 877 369 0289 (Bethlehem, PA)
7135 Centennial Place

Birmingham, AL
317 Avenue West, Birmingham, AL 35214

Bethlehem, PA
2925 Schoenersville Road, Bethlehem, PA 18107

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Western Express Customer Service. Initial Western Express complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Western Express above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Western Express. Discuss the issues you have had with Western Express and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Western Express Complaints & Reviews

Western ExpressDangerous drivng

We live in Hollis, Maine near the bottling plant that your trucks visit daily. Yesterday my wife & I almost got into a head on crash on rt, 117 when a Western Express truck crossed the centerline while attempting to make a right turn onto rt. 35 where there is a sign directing the trucks to go straight. The town of Hollis had the DOT install theses signs because of the dangerous intersection. The driver of this truck obviously could not read. He completely ignored the fact that he was on the wrong side of the rd. This happened on 1/30/2021 at about 1:45 pm. We see a lot of Western Express trucks lost on back roads & making illegal uturns. Pleases pay attention to this matter before more people are killed around here.

Western ExpressI have been scum by western express trucking

I went to western express after i got my cdl from different school. I went there looking for job but i had to quit because of your scum and now you asking me to pay back money i didn't get from you. I didn't receive my cdl from you. Please stop the scum for the sake of justice. I wanna know if there is a concerned body to look into this company's scum

Western ExpressTruck parked in residential area all weekend

Our concern is that this truck is parked every weekend in a residential area. With this you are violating the laws that govern the Municipality of Hartford. I quote: Sec. 22-26 Fine and penalties for unlawful parking. This company cannot use residential area to park this type of vehicle for more than 3 hours. Not enough for this also bad parking encroaching on the area for bike riders. Endangering people who ride bikes.

• Me
          Megashovelman AM Jan 21, 2021

Truck & Trailer are potential hazard to block a lane for non-motor vehicles by Western Express. This company doesn't not pay enough money for a driver to pay for monthly parking. I have 👀 these trucks to park for FREE without payment at a separate business ONLY to be towed by the 3rd day because of stress on the property.

Western ExpressUnSanitary Sleeper Trucks, UnFair Ethics Experienced in my Employment

I was a driver for Western Express, during my employment I was treated like "scum", by my 1st driver mgr, however by the time you deliver a load by a Friday and the consignee request a LUMPER amount to be paid like $200 or so, Western Express will deduct a lumper pay from your earnings to reduce your net pay which is very unethical, like they treat your earnings as theirs. My worst concern I realized not having enough money to pay my bills. My 2nd driver mgr FAILED to pay me for truck recovery which is now a DELINQUENT MATTER. They expected me (including MR BLAKE), to clean up another former driver's GROSS mess in the truck whereas I drove it about 3 days and got sick. I have filed an OSHA complaint regarding a Health Hazard I was subjected to and I plan to never return to this company for GOOD CAUSE. Unfortunately, they could not give me loads to make $1, 200 a week because I felt like I was misled by the driver recruiter which is almost deceptive employment practices. "The Truth Is That Western Express Just Can't Pay Me Enough F*cking Money". The "F" word is my favorite in this matter.

Jul 19, 2020

Western Express — Accident with a western express truck

The car that my wife was driving was backed into by a flat bed trailer driven by a Western Express driver...

Western Expressyour trucks ignoring truck bans in a residential historic village

Either your drivers can't read English or they consciously ignore signs banning their size truck from 2 lane residential roads which surround The Historic Village of Thornton, PA 19373. Trucks headed for the Concordville, PA industrial park have ample US routes-1 and 202 to access the bottling companies in this park. We report these violations to the state police but it your employees or sub contractors, so management is responsible for the training. It is our right to residential quiet that is being sacrificed. Use the proper roadways and give us a break. Peter Dietz, Mayor

Western Expresstransportation truck driver

I'm here at the Loves in Tolleson Arizona...I'm parked next to one of your drivers...one of your drivers is treating another driver with disrespect...the driver had the older man wait outside in the cold and locked out of the truck because he went to go buy food for man than hour...what right is that for a younger man to treat an older man like that to wait outside of the truck aren't they co drivers...another driver does not treat another driver like that...especially a older senior citizen man...please do something about it...that's it just wrong!!!drivers need to have respect for one another!!!

transportation truck driver

Western Expresstrucks no trailer

Western Express Semi truck hauling no trailer, westbound I-10 in alabama, 13 miles from MS border, shows white ember lighting from rear of truck, blinding highway drivers at speeds of 65+. Also truck didnt have proper identification, on rear of truck showing. Believe driver was aware of the bright light shining from rear, cause the beam glared enough, where it spread glare 10 feet beyond truck. Date: christmas day, 2019,
              Time. 8:45p.m- 9:00pm

• Updated by Safetyfirst251 · Dec 25, 2019

Pic of truck driving westbound I-10, dont know how long he been driving, but noticed highway traffic, was well aware of the light, cause traffic kept there distance. I was entering the interstate, and had the white light glare directly blinding driving view. On top of that on Christmas Day! A bad situation in the making.

Comments

Western Expressemployee

Your employee Barbara Adams is a threat to your company and the roads that she rides on. She smokes crack cocaine and drinks very heavily when she comes home on her breaks. I thought that your company was a drug free company. She passes her drug tests by taking other people urine back with her because she knows that she will not pass if given a drug test. I think yall should be informed and investigate this thoroughly

• Updated by Stacey Duffie · Dec 09, 2019

One of your employees who is a driver is not a safe driver and a threat to your company. Her name is Barbara Adams. When she comes home on her visits she smokes crack cocaine and drinks very heavily. So i thought that maybe yall should be aware of this since she is working for your company and its not safe for her to be on these roads

Western Expressdriver

Western Express driver came over on my husband, 1 year old daughter and I on October 20, 2019. We were turning into walmart on Little Debbie Parkway in Ooltewah TN. There are 2 left hand turning lanes and the drive of truck 4774 was in the right hand lane and my family and I was in the left hand lane. (Both lanes turning left into Walmart. Once in the walmart center the driver, with no signal, came into my lane. His rear tires and rear end almost hitting me. My husband who was driving had to slam on brakes then we were almost rear ended. My husband drove to the truck to get the picture that is attached to report the driver. When he realized that we were taking a picture of his truck number he opened his door and started to cus my husband. My husband tried to explain why he took the picture and the driver pulled out a knife on us. The knife is a white handled in a black holter. Driver is a tall white Male 25 to 35 years of age. We called the police when they arrived either the driver would not come out of the sleeper or he had left.

driver

Jul 15, 2019

Western Express — western express driver

My husband and I just got ran completely off of the road going 50mph by a Western Express driver and I am 9...

Jul 11, 2019

Western Express — complaint about daniel (driver supervisor)

Hi My name isgurdeep N I need to file a complaint bout the guy named daniel He is all the time rude to...

Western Expresswestern express truck driver/reckless driving

On Saturday June 22nd, 2019 at 12:20 PM my car was sideswiped by a Western Express 18-wheeler truck while traveling Southbound on Rte. 287 in Pompton Plains, NJ. I was driving a red 2019 ford fusion hybrid from avis car rental with connecticut plates.

My family and I could have been killed or seriously injured. Fortunately I took my
                    my foot off the gas pedal as the truck passed me on the right and cut into my lane otherwise the result might have been catastrophic.

I was in the middle lane traveling about 65 mph when the impact occurred to the right front bumper and right front wheel of the car. I estimate the Western Express driver to be going at 70+ mph when the impact occurred which according to my GPS happened close to geolocation (40.97, -74.31). I estimate the damage to my vehicle to be somewhere between $1, 000 and $2, 000. The right front wheel and front bumper were damaged in the collision (see attached photos).

After the collision the driver did not stop but kept going. I caught up to the truck and took photos of the truck for evidence. the truck driver then slowed down and appeared to get off the next exit.

It was difficult to see in the photo (see attached) but the truck license plate looked something like U811113 or D811113 (see photo). However on the side of the truck there was more information (see photo):

electronic driver log: 5372
                    US DOT 511412
                    HN 970318
                    Western Express
                    Nashville, TN

I have filed an accident report with the new jersey state police case# 19-107w.

western express truck driver/reckless driving
                    western express truck driver/reckless driving

Western ExpressI am filing a complaint about a trainer

Hey there I'm filling this complaint about a trainer name Arthur mays .. he was my trainer and he wasn't a very good one at that.. note that while I was on his truck I was harrased picked on made fun of .. instead of him helping me with what I needed he put me down threatened to kick me off the truck and leave me in the middle of no where.. he also was driving on my clock ... and to mention I was sleeping In the top bunk while he was driving I got less sleep because of him blasting music and watching TV on his phone and running into other lanes truckers would blow there air horn I felt indangered.. also he has been using drugs while out on the road he smokes cannabis and was constantly smoking weed .. and stopping in strange places to buy it .. he also told me he doesn't care I went back in told because it was my word against his word .. and that nobody was going to urine test him . He also has a urine kit to pass the urine test I seen it for myself just giving you a guys a heads up

• Updated by Trey123 · May 31, 2019

Arthur mays is a trainer and currently working for Western Express in Nashville TN .. I feel as he shouldn't train students anymore because he has no patience uses drugs on the regular and can be very aggressive when he doesn't have and cannabis... He loses focus while driving .. very reckless driving threatened me told me he put multiple students off his truck.. I mean he would litteraly lash out at me because I wasn't understanding .. his directions was not very clear

May 16, 2019

Western Express — truck driver

My husband was driving when all of a sudden, a truck with no signal looking as if it was about to take the...

Western Expressdriver

A western express drive came into the store, pacing back and forth, cursing infront of children he did not have a head set on either. Tried to walk out without paying, his turn signals are out or he didnt use them. He pulled out infron of on coming traffic as well.
                        The driver appeared to be under the influence of something, he wasnt making any sense. The only thing he kept saying is "I'm a 5 star truck driver, I avoid accidents, I drive correct"

I did get a truck # 4639.

Western Expressaggressive drivers

Hello
                          I must say your company drivers are the worst one I ever see. They are unprofessional, aggressive and disrespectful and disgusting.. I hv meet one today at gas station he was black guy. Trailer # u811930 was using abused language with try to get physical.
                          I can't believe your company hv such drivers.
                          But after reading this complaints I am not shocked about it any more.
                          I will recommend everyone please do not give work to this company.
                          Drivers are same like there company

aggressive drivers

Western Expresscar accident

On march 2, 2019 my boyfriend and I got hit by a western express semi. We were in the second to left lane and the semi hit us on the left side damaging the whole left side of my vehicle. The bumper is hanging off the car and the left side is dented in and scraped along with the tire off the rim. George oliver (western express employee) admitted that the wreck was his fault but I have not heard from the insurance company yet and I have missed work and school and I have to go to the emergency room. Please contact me as soon as possible to get this resolved.

car accident

Western Expressunethical behavior from lakiesha griffin

I called Western at [protected] on 2/25/19 to do an employment verification. Lakiesha Griffin refused to do a phone verification but gave me the DOT Rule 40. cfr part 40 for why I need I need an employee consistent. I read the code with her on the phone and explained I didn't want the drug testing info, all I want to know is if they were employed there, when? Why did they leave? She told me I was lazy and why would I not want to know the drug testing info? Her unethical behavior was too much. If a company wants simply information from the past employer we as other companies should not be subjected to this kind of scrawny. The code did not employ to want I was looking for. She refused to do her job of verify, she told me she had a job to do, I then replied your in verification i'm your job, you need to help me, when I asked her to explain the law she through at me, she was not able to but kept attacking, was very rude. Never did get my verification., I have called western in the past for verification and I had no issues getting them by phone.

Western Expressdriving

February 21, 2019
                                2:52 p.m.
                                Today on Highway 30 in Reliance, TN, a trucker was not driving in his lane of traffic. Highway 30 is just like highway 129. A semi truck should not travel this road. I had to back up to keep from this driver hitting me. I want to complain so these truckers will not come this way anymore! This road is not a good short cut!

driving