Regions Banktaking money from ponzi victims

We are part of the international group that was swindled by the Dennis Bolze family, the devastation it has caused deserves some action from the regularity bodies.

On behalf of the one hundred or so victims in the Dennis Bolze fraud case we would very much like to hear from anyone out there that thinks they can help get us a fair outcome to this distressing situation

It appears that banks (Regions finance etc) gave out million of dollars to the Bolzes even though they had no legal income! How could this be allowed to happen in a country like the USA. The Court has just given Regions Bank the house even though it was built with our money!!!

Bolze was on probation for tax fraud so we must wonder HOW, &what kind of deal he put together to encourage a large Bank to loan the Bolze family these vast sums of money ???

-------

• Ga
    Garry7 Sep 04, 2009

I had applied for a home equity loan to make improvements to my home which included vinyl siding and a new roof. The bank sent someone out to take a couple of pictures. The loan was turned down because the bank said the roof was just roofing paper and the outside was in bad condition. I tried to explain to them that the roof was a tin type roof not paper and that I had been scraping the old paint off the outside. Well I was stilled turned down. After several calls I was offered and unsecure loan and a secured loan using MY savings account. This is not acceptable! I have been a loyal customer for many years and I have a very good credit score. I am very dissatisfied with Regions Bank and will look for another bank for my banking needs.

• Js
    JS in Alabama Sep 11, 2009

After taking a 20.00 charge out of my account that I did not authorize, they took me for 270.00 in overdraft charges. I do not have a job right now and I'm drawing my unemployment. The money they took form me is more than the amount I get for 2 weeks of employment. Is ther anyone that can do something about this? I know a lot of other people that are having these same problems with them. Are they just allowed to do this to people and there is no recourse? If this is not unfair business practices I don't know what is.

Not Happenin Sep 13, 2009

Get over yourself.

• Wi
    Will Graham Sep 16, 2009

I just want to know if there is any class action lawsuits being filed in Alabama against Regions Bank and its unethical business practices with their outrageous fees, etc.

If not - it seems as if there should be something that can be done on behalf of the thousands of people that hvae been victims.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Will Graham

• Do
    donnie615 Dec 09, 2009

if you know of anyone wanting to file a class action i wanna join in. they been charging me for a debt i dont owe and sent it to collections.

• Ro
    Rodney Feb 03, 2010

I was unaware that my account was overdrawn due to the overdraft feature that was automatically included in my agreement. Additionally, I was unaware of how the service worked, which allowed me to continue using my debit card, unaware that I was overdrawn and racking up fees. Within a matter of 2 wks Regions assessed me $1085 in overdraft fees before I was aware that I was overdrawn.

I spoke with 4 individuals, including supervisors and bank managers, who not only refused to help but showed no sympathy or empathy whatsoever. We have been with the same bank for almost 30 yrs and this is has never happened before. This is the gratitude we get. They refuse to refund EVEN ONE OF THE FEES!

Use a local bank or BEWARE!

• Th
    TheMadConsumer Feb 19, 2010

I would love to join in on this. I'm sick of their crap!!

• Ro
    rony31 May 07, 2010

The problem is that I had overdraft protection.. I was in vacation in another country and apparently I went on overdraft.. I had a debit card and a savings/checking account with them, But somehow I went on overdraft (I don't know how) Since the debit card was linked to my checking account and I had money in my savings account, I went on overdraft and instead of cover the overdraft with money from my savings (As the overdraft protection says) they just went ahead and were charging me $33 dollars everyday and made me paid over $300 dollars for their mistake.. I have proof that they stole my money.. Should I go ahead and sue them?

• 100% AGREE! Exactly the same thing happened to me this week! no one can tell me when this feature was placed on my account.

i was told by Regions that they are not required to notify customers of this. Can't tell me when it was initiated. Told they have the right to turn this thing on and off at their discretion.

apparently this unethical practice has led to Federal Regulations mandating that banks must inform patrons in writing after August 13, 201o and allow them to make a decision to opt in or out.

BEWARE. I SUSPECT THAT THIS FEATURE HAS BEEN ADDED TO QUITE A NUMBER OF OF ACCOUNTS IN AN EFFORT TO BEAT THE AUGUST 13 DEADLINE!

neutral_reader Dec 11, 2010

Did you actually request your accounts to be linked for overdraft protection? I only ask because there is a difference between "overdraft coverage" and "overdraft protection" that is commonly misunderstood. And just to clarify, the bank charges overdraft fees per item, not per day.

neutral_reader Dec 11, 2010

How did you overdraft the account if you were keeping up with how much money you had and how much you were spending???

**UPDATE**
    Spending money that you don't have is not a good idea.

neutral_reader Dec 11, 2010

The bank doesn't examine your house and guess a value. Someone who is licensed and trained in obtaining home values viewed your home and made the determination of your home value based on what he saw. The bank would be foolish to lend money on collateral that's been deemed uncollectible. Would you loan someone $15, 000 for a car that was only worth $10, 000?

• Bz
    Bzt981 May 16, 2011

I have been loyal to regions for years but now i am giving up number one come to yall for home loan your home loan lady never gets paperwork done thats ok wells fargo got that 149, 000 loan done for me now a year later i come back to regions an ask for help again an do all the paperwork that the bank ask of me call for a week an got told the lady was busy left my

home phone an work number never got a call thats ok trustmark loan me the funds to make home repairs i will be changeing banks and why is theres only two tellers working at the branch on 40th ave in hattiesburg

• So
    Southeast U.S. Jun 22, 2011

Regions has taken me and my sister several times each for $500-$700 each time in overdraft fees which were not our fault (fraudulent charge on our debit checkcards we didn't know about, and not crediting our deposits within the stated time frame). We were told no one had the "authority" to help us. After much trouble, we finally reached someone who credited us a mere $100 of the $500-$700 charges, like they were doing us a favor. Evidently, Regions expects us to monitor our accounts every hour of everyday as they are not willing to take responsibility for the continued NSF transactions that occur following one of their mistakes.

Needless to say, we both bank elsewhere.

• So
    Southeast U.S. Jun 22, 2011

Same thing happened with my sister. She stayed with Regions longer than I did because they conned her into their "overdraft protection, " telling her they will just use the money in her savings to cover any overages in her checking account. Low and behold, when that did finally happen, they popped her with multiple NSF charges and didn't notify her for over a week (they send overdraft notifications via snail mail so you will be sure to rack up over $500 in NSF charges before you know what is going on). They never attempted to use the funds in her savings account to cover the checking account activity like they had agreed to do. That was the last time Regions took her...we both do our banking elsewhere now.