Regions Bankaccount closure for no reason

C Review updated:

I opened an account with Regions in December of 2005. I have only been in the negative twice in 2006. On September 21, 2009 I was sent a certified letter from the original Regions institution my account was created informing me that my account would be closed in ten days. I have until October 1, 2009 to contact all of my bill collectors that debit my account Monthly of the changes, as well as my job, which mandates direct deposit for my checks. I went into a branch, after being instructed to do so when the representative from my original bank could not explain, to see what could be the issue. Thinking it was a mistake seeing my account has not been in the negative, I was told that Regions Security had issued the closure of my account and that no explaination was given, or that matter needed under the deposit agreement...They can close an account for no reason or just because "something they did not like" occured in my account to make them want to close it. The representaive herself said it was ridiculous and that she has had another person years ago come in about the same issue. She was great and referred me to another bank. She is so sorry that the institution is losing such a good customer. It is ridiculous!

• Me
    Medtide Feb 18, 2020

I have been a business account holder since 2008 with Regions, I received a letter they were closing the account the day they froze it ... no explanation... I did have some fraudulent activity on the account, but why "fire" the customer? They did, and don't seem to care, cant find anyone to even talk to us. I'm angry and shocked. They will cost me both time and money.

Charlie Wood Sep 07, 2021

@Medtide same here

Jan fahmy Nov 13, 2019

This is what happened to me today I recieved the same letter for account termination. After 12 years with Regions. Looks like if they can't get any fee charge out of your pocket. They will do that. SunTrust will be more than happy to get my funds $ . Regions are the loser guys

• Hr
    hriv Sep 10, 2019

THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME!! I have been with Regions since 2009.. but unfortunately the letter sent to me was not certified so I never received it and on Monday my husband and I both tried making purchases and our cards were declined (a first time ever for me). We are a household that has one checking account, one savings account and one credit card ALL WITH REGIONS. We both have been employed at the same jobs for 6 years and both have credit scores around 750. We are working middle class with 3 children under 5. All of our bills are set up through the online bill pay system and I have not been able to access my accounts or even pull my money out of the accounts, Regions shut down the online bill pay before I could even write down all of my payees account numbers and billing addresses so I have spent this whole day contacting all of these companies. My husbands payroll goes through Thursday along with half of our bills and we are still waiting to hear back from his human resources department if they can issue stop payment and deposit into our new account. I have never experienced such poor customer service. These accounts are how we pay our mortgage, our fuel, our groceries, EVERYTHING. This issue has effected our entire livelihood and possibly our positive billing history with all the companies we pay our bills to. To not send these letters certified or even the branch manager not make a call once corporate send these accounts that THEY HAVE THE OPTION TO INVESTIGATE ON THEIR OWN is absurd! Had someone made sure we were notified on something as important as our financial institution I would have been happy to withdrawal everything, have time to set up all on my online banking and switch our EFT with employers and move on. This was handled so poorly, disrespectfully, or inconsiderately. So unprofessional. STAY AWAY FROM REGIONS BANK!!!

• Ba
    Bashar aljabiri Sep 27, 2018

Today I received a letter in the mail notifying me of termination of accounts. I was shocked! This was so abrupt and had no reasoning for, especially since I have been customer with Regions bank since 2012 .

These accounts are my family’s support! We pay all our expenses, auto bill pay setups, direct deposits and more! I got my dad to open an account with Reigons because I had felt happy with my service for years with them, and now he also received the same letter of termination! He is 78 years old he is a specialized OBGYN working for over 50 years, he doesn’t deserve to be treated like that.

I called the 1-800 number to get a better understanding of the situation and they simply informed me that they have no idea why I got this letter and couldn’t further assist me.

I don’t know who is responsible for this decision, but I know that you lost a good customer. If there was any reason for termination I should have been notified of this and gotten a chance to speak to someone about it not just be thrown off.

With due respect,

• So
    Southeast U.S. Jun 22, 2011

You guys should consider yourselves lucky. They closed your accounts because you are overly responsible and they couldn't find a way to make money off of you with their ridiculous charges, penalties, and fees. Regions usually takes your money, so if this didn't happen to you; you're the lucky ones. I hope you will have better service at your new financial institution.

• Pa
    pauLSU Oct 19, 2009

got the same letter today for no reason! I have over $1000.00 in the account with at least $1000.00 direct dep. every other week and I can get NO answers anywhere!