Regions Financial Logo

Regions Financial

Having problems with Regions Financial?

Regions Financial Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 734 4667 (Report Fraud)
+1 800 472 2265 (Online Banking)
+1 800 295 8472 (Lost or Stolen)
+1 800 253 2265 (Credit Card)
+1 800 231 7493 (Revolving Credit / Home Equity Line)
+1 800 787 3905 (Client Services / Business & Commercial)
+1 800 986 2462 (Regions Mortgage)
+1 877 536 3286 (Regions Mortgage Origination Center)
+1 800 458 5890 (International)
2090 Parkway Office Circle
Birmingham, Alabama

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Regions Financial Customer Service. Initial Regions Financial complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Regions Financial above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Regions Financial. Discuss the issues you have had with Regions Financial and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Regions Financial Complaints & Reviews

Regions Bankfees

Regions, despite whatever malarkey an officer of the bank you talk to may tell you, charges overdraft fees on PENDING transactions.

This results in cases such as mine, where twice in the last 4 months I have paid overdraft fees (totaling $300-400) when the ONLY thing that overdrew my account was the overdraft fees themselves; no transaction was posted that would have overdrawn the account. Except for the fees charged, the account never would have been overdrawn.

I have spoken to 3 different folks there who gave me 3 different brands of explanation before I finally spoke to an officer who had come to the joint Regions/AmSouth merger from the Regions side, who told me 'Yes, we charge overdraft fees on pending transactions now. Regions didn't before the merger, but now we do.' All the officers who came to the joint bank from the AmSouth side say 'we've always done it that way...' followed by some ridiculous explanation of why their accounting is correct. Each of the 3 I spoke to flatly lied when I asked if they charged NSF fees on pending transactions and said 'no'. The first of those cost me an extra $200 in fees since I believed her, and thought I just didn't understand. Had she merely said 'yes' the second occurrence wouldn't have happened to me.

I have been a Regions customer for more than 16 years and I formerly recommended them to everyone I talked to about banks. I can account for 4 customers who opened accounts there due to my suggestion. Prior to the AmSouth merger they were a good bank.

Now, I'm actively searching for a new bank and I go out of my way to have conversations in which I can tell friends, acquaintances and folks standing in line at the supermarket how they've become a company that cares not one whit for it's depositors and merely tries to find every possible way to steal their money. (And no, 'stealing' is not too harsh a word for charging hundreds of dollars in NSF fees on an account that would never have been NSF except for the fees.)

• Ti
      Timeka May 31, 2012

The same thing happened to me. I used my card for five debits which all had a positive balance. One day later I used my card for one credit and was charged for NSF fees for the five debits and the one pending which was $202 because they tried to clear the pending instead of the debits which they say were pending to and they clear the largest amount first then clear the rest. That is insane because the debits came out before the pending credit and they said that they could not give me my money back due to it not being a bank error. That makes no sense.

• Jb
      JBiggerstaff Sep 24, 2011

I had a 50+ life green (whatever that's supposed to mean) checking account with Regions. When I opened this account it was because I could get a free checking with no strings attached. Well now they have added strings in the form of arbitrary and excessive fees. They began deducting $5.00 per month because they have now added a requirement that you maintain minimum $1500.00 balance or have a direct deposit of payroll or government (read Social Security) check of over $500.. I opened this account because I just needed a small checking acct. that was local because I do my major banking with a large Credit Union. (I love credit unions because they don't have these scamming fees). I closed the account after I lost $10 to their crazy fees. Regions trys to tell you how customer oriented they are but these requirements are all about money - money for Regions, not for you! Oh, I got an e-mail that that $5 fee is going up to $8. Guess they don't want my paltry little $361.70 which I withdrew. Sad thing is, that money just sat there and they got to use it - yes, they use your money in your checking account when you don't and they earn intrest on it. Do yourself a favor. Find a credit union and join - forget about banks they are just a rip-off.

• St
      stevo2007 Aug 12, 2009

Not alone! right as we speak they have charged three overdraft fees that aren't warranted.
      This isn't the first time either. Two weeks ago they gave me two that shouldnt have been applied to my account. A few months ago same thing. When I went to my local branch the manager exclaimed " we can credit your account, if, you fill out an application for visa overdraft protection". I recently read an article that explained that banks make as much money on overdraft fees from just ten percent of their customers as they do in all other transactions, but, unfair fees over and over? I'll lay and wait for the class action suit. Got my records and witnesses lol they actually pulled this in front of my wife who dosent even bank there lol

• Cu
      curley Apr 19, 2009

I am very unhappy with Regions. While I take ownership for my mistakes, I feel that their standard protocol for deposits and posting of checks is very mysterious. I get conflicting information as far as my balance. I do thank REgions for inspiring me to go on a cash basis and to use them as little as possible. And yes, I will be investing in a mattress rather then in a banking institution. Yes, they are out to make money, but they are making money off the people who can least afford it, especially in this economy.

Regions Bankmonthly fees

I have officially decided to close my Regions account. I have been with Regions for 9 years. After considering the options and doing research I am closing my account because their new fee schedule is ABSURD. You're going to charge me $4 to use my debit card? and $10 just to have what used to be free checking? I just can't justify any of this. I am a nursing student and I do not have a lot of money so I cannot maintain a minimum $1500 daily balance to avoid the $10 fee. Nor do I work so I will not have a direct deposit to avoid the $10 fee. And I will not walk around with cash so I don't have to use my debit account nor will I go out of my way to get to a regions to use your ATM- because as soon as you use any other ATM you will be charged $4. I loved having Regions. I felt like I was with a great bank, but these fee schedules are ridiculous. I refuse to allow them to take my money. I will go to Wells Fargo whose fee is $5 a month. I was going to go with Superior who have no fees, but they are kind of far from me.

Goodbye Regions. Maybe you should have considered the consequences of screwing your loyal customers.

Regions Bankrip off

A bank customer service person informed me that yes, it is standard practice for a bank to pay the largest draft first because it presented the biggest risk (for them!) as a result, I over drafted on several $2 and $3 charges resulting in almost $300 in overdraft fees. If that had simply posted the charges in the order that they were made, the charges would have been minimal if any.

They offered an overdraft protection account but everytime it was used and drew down to zero, it would automatically close out. I would then have to go in and open another account and so on. This is a rip off.

• Ti
          Tired of being fleeced Oct 08, 2011

Regions Bank charged my account $246 to loan me $56.90 for 3 days that's 432% interest by using the over draft scam rather than a simple interest loan.

James Roos Nov 17, 2010

Regions Bank is a horrible bank to do business with. This bank is making insane money from its account holders. If you have an account, draw it down and don`t deposit anymore money in it and forget about them. Do business with a bank that cares about you.

• 21
          217183 Aug 05, 2009

every bank posts item from largest to smallest they make more fees are your that dumb

• Ed
          Edgar Jan 04, 2009

Regions Banktheft by over draft

Using the Over Draft Fee scam Regions Bank robs it's customers of millions annually by using a set Fee instead of a percentage simple interest loan for the Over drafted amount. If they pay the largest to the smallest they are not at a great risk at all. They charged my account $246 in over draft charges to loan me a total of $56.90 over a period of three days. Those charges amounted to 4.42 times the amount of the overdraft. This wiped out my check leaving me with $90 dollars for the next seven days for food and fuel and unable to pay my bills.
        Thanks Regions for being so generous.

• Lo
            Lookingintoscams May 06, 2013

Class action in progress & Regions still insists on unethical charges. They have tons of lawsuits from employees they won't pay, TARP fraud - everything under the sun.

File online complaint with your state attorney general.

File online complaint with Federal Trade Commission

File complaint with your state banking commission or dept.

This is an evil corporation - really pathetic - and their commercials make you think they're on your side. Definitely fraud on the consumer.

Regions Bank — owe money on a closed account

I had an account with Regions Bank about 5 years ago. I closed the account, and they even paid me off because...

Regions Bank — unauthorized fees

I have a Money Market Checking account with Regions. I opened for the purpose of setting aside money to...

Fia Card Services Regions bankunethical, lying, no customer response

Do not use fia card services they are a disgrace!!!

I trusted regions bank which was my first mistake. I received an offer that appeared to be from regions bank. It was not until I actually agreed to use the offer that I found out it was managed by fia card services, and that regions bank would not stand behind them nor assist me when needed in dealing with them. They gave fia card services my information and when I received the offer to transfer my balance of $5000 from another bank credit card to pay no additional interest over a certain time period, I paid the $200 fee to do so.
          I was told to pay a certain monthly fee by fia card services, which I did, yet I was charged a late penalty. I went to regions bank and was told I had misunderstood the offer and it was not a 0% offer. I knew that was not true. After wasting a full hour at regions bank between waiting and listening and being told I was wrong, I left. When I complained to fia card services, the late fee was removed but realize they had used my money and when combined with millions of other people’s money, they will make millions of dollars, what a scam! The fact that they removed it shows they made a mistake.
          I was clearly told by two people at fia card services on two separate occasions that I could continue to use the card, and as long as I paid their monthly fee and the amount of the new purchases, I would not be charged any additional interest. I had one representative walk me through their web site via phone to show me where I could find the purchases and adjustments in order to figure this out. Their web site is not intuitive and this was very difficult for me to find and I have a masters degree!
          The next month I paid the amount over the monthly fee to avoid the interest charge, yet I was charged the interest fee! What a scam! Do you think after paying the initial $200 transfer fee I would want to pay any additional money just for the heck of it when I was going to be charged an interest fee anyway???
          My regions credit card is now worthless as I cannot use it and pay off my balance in full (Over the $5000 amount) to avoid interest charges, yet I paid a $200 fee for the privilege of being able to do so.
          When I called to receive clarification from fia card services, the representative told me two different things, two different times! She clearly told me they had no grace period, and it did not matter if I paid off the new purchases, I would be charged the interest fee anyway. Then she proceeded to tell me that I could pay off the amount of new purchases and I would not be charged. I pointed out that she had told me two different things two different times, yet she continued to condescendingly tell me that I was not understanding her. As she had a hispanic accent, I told her I guessed I was not communicating to her what I needed to know and asked to speak with a supervisor. I assured her I was not going to complain about her, but about being told by two previous people that I would not be subject to interest charges as long as I paid off my new purchase amount every month. After holding for 6 minutes, I was told that two “managers” were both busy and one would have to call me back.
          At that point I called regions bank to complain and was put on hold after being told that they were experiencing “high call volume.”
          I decided to write out my complaint and mail it to the regions bank manager where I initially opened my account. I requested they never share my information with anyone again and will never ever agree to any offer even remotely like this one again. I have been unemployed through no fault of my own for 10 months and am close to retirement age. I cannot afford to be scammed like this and upset and frustrated and spend hours dealing with this stupid issue to support these unethical people at fia card services.
          I am posting this complaint on all complaint sites against fia card services and sending this to a regions bank manager and the better business bureau. You would think after all the complaints that regions bank would not be affiliated with these scam artists.
          I did not do my due diligence as I was in a difficult financial situation, and depressed enough and I trusted regions bank. They should protect their customers and not be affiliated with unethical businesses. Shame on fia card services and shame on regions bank!

Regions Bankfraud, malpractice & identity theft

Regions Bank exists by misleading customers, malpractice and facilitating identity theft. They knowingly allowed my father to steal my identity (among others) by opening up multiple accounts without my knowledge, they mislead on the terms and conditions on my checking account I had with them. My boyfriend and I opened a joint account and only required my signature to close the account, and when I asked them why the didn't need my boyfriends signature they replied, "We recognize him, we know who he is, no need." So I would assume that there is still an account opened in his name although we were under the impression it is closed. I had transfers from my savings account, that I never made, that didn't have any tracking numbers. If you are a thief, Regions will provide you with all the necessary tools to be successful.

• So
                Southeast U.S. Jun 22, 2011

My husband emptied and closed out our Regions joint checking account without my knowledge. Regions never contacted me or let me know that it was closed, even though I was making the majority of the deposits into that account. I found out it was closed when my deposit was rejected due to the closing of the account. The day my account was emptied, my then husband filed for divorce without my knowledge; so I was "legally" (no status quo limitations) ripped off by someone I trusted with the help of Regions Bank. Married individuals should NEVER share financial accounts or financial information or passwords...sad, but that is the world we live in.

Regions Banktaking money from accounts

I have had an account with Regions for years and after a few rude associates and tellers I decided to bank elsewhere. Rather than close my free checking account I kept $40 in the account and never touched it. Fast forward 4-5 years later I get a notice of an overdraft fee of $3.39 on an account of which I haven't touched in years. Come to find out that somewhere along the way Regions did away with there free checking account and had been charging me a monthly fee of $5.00 of which they took out of my account for it being less than a daily balance of $1000.00. At no point was I ever contacted that this account was being switched from a free account to an account where I had to keep a certain dollar amount or be charged. Now I get a bill saying I owe them money-that is just ridiculous-I tried to find a complaint number or email address online-no luck there either but anyone banking with them or thinking of banking with them-DON"T run the other direction they mis represent themselves and can change their minds at a moments notice and start taking your money.

• Re
                  Regions Disapprover Aug 06, 2011

Regions Bank is regulated by the Federal Reserve Bank. Go online and file a complaint. An investigator will look into the allegations on Regions end and get a resolution for you. Don't allow Regions Bank to get away with it. Speak out. Yes, my complaint was filed with the FRB yesterday - I'm waiting on over $1, 000 that Regions Bank has yet to hand over that was directly deposited into their bank from my employer. They are LEGALLY bound to hand over money to a customer when an account is closed and at a 0.00 with no outstanding fees, loans, credit cards, etc. owed...If they don't give you the money you're owed, I'm quite sure that there is some legal precedent that they're breaking.

Regions Bank — atm deposit not applied to account

Last night, a Region's ATM took my cash deposit but didn't apply the money to my account. I called...

Regions Bankbait and switch

Long lasting, loyal customer of Regions Bank. I received a pre-approved equity line of credit for a primary or secondary loan. Called and the loan was approved. I spent $53, 000 on condo upgrades. $24, 000 cash and the rest on personal lines of credit. I enter Regions Bank to collect my equity line check only to be denied with no reason given. Lawyers agree there is a case but will not take the case due to Regions size. So, justice will be served in an uncivil manner. Stealing will not be tolerated by me nor should anyone allow it.

Regions Checking Account — fraud charges, stolen money 907.00

I closed out my account with zero balanced due to fraudlent transactions. I opened a new account with them to...

Regions Banksteals money

Regions bank stole $105 from my account for NSF charges while they sat on a $25K deposit for 9 days. They offered me $35 of the stolen money for my trouble. I have nothing but time. I will post on every site I can find and put up a sign on property I own near the Regions branch in St. Amant, La. to warn everyone about Regions bank robbery tactics. Save your money, bank somewhere else. This site wants 100 words but I already summed it up...stay away from Regions Bank or throw your money away. Either way you'll never see it again.

• Ne
                      neutral_reader Feb 10, 2011

Stealth Pilot is right. A large deposit such as your $25k will often require that the funds are held to give the bank time to collect the funds. If you were aware that your deposit was being held and you still spent the money, that is your fault.

Regions Banklegalized fraud

Well, Regions when I thought companies couldn't get any lower?
                    Regions bank has more excuses and more ways of charging for over draft fees, NSF fees...etc, but yet you see these happy commercials, where people have trust in Regions, shaking a can! The jokes on us PEOPLE, the can is THERE money. These banks are pure scams. I wish I had the means to file a class action suit against these money scamming banks. They have asked for bail out money, which they received. Now, they are fining new ways of ripping the public off. Isn't it funny, that if you use your debit card, the money is withdrawn ASAP, or it's denied? But you put money into your account and it has to go through this "###" process? Or, it won't be deposited because it's after 2pm. even though it cash? What a SCAM!!!
                    The other day my daughter transferred money into my account, from one regions acct to another. That evening I observed the transaction in my account. the weekend passed, Monday passed the money goes back in her account then on Tuesday evening my daughter called and asked me if I put the money is back in her acct. I called Regions the next day the 1-800 number, Regions gave me excuses about it was done at 4pm, therefore it won't be deposited until the next business day. Isn't that Monday? Well, Wednesday rolls around the deposit was made, after they deducted there fees, but yet I was able to withdraw money from account when their wasn't enough to cover the transaction? From the ATM?
                    This type of banking is the result of " Obamaomics". Which the government now controls these banks and anything goes. Before, if you didn't have the money you can't spend what you don't have.
                    What I learned through this process, is that every morning I need to print out my account balance, because the next day it will read differently...Isn't it funny when you argue the point in the branch office, the person you talk to doesn't believe what they are forced to say?
                    REGIONS YOU SUCK.. LEGALIZED EXTORTION AT IT'S BEST..I would rather the banks just put a gun to my head and just take my wallet, at least I can justify the incident.

• Ho
                        Houston Entrepeneur Jun 06, 2011

I am sorry, i can't focus on the issue. So on January 12, 2011, it was already Obama's fault??lol. He hadn't even been sworn in had he??

Regions Bankfraud and deceit

I closed my account with regions bank 8/31/2010 zero balance. October 18th an ach, comes in for $18.01 on a closed account and they accepted it why? Now I'm sitting with a $400.00 overdraft and bank charges. I was told from two people that pre-authorized account were my responsibility for 30 days after closing. however, after 30 days the account would automatically zero and closed. my charges came in 47 days after closing. do i have any financial liability? or have they broken the law? i offer this case to any attorney willing to take it.

• Le
                          Leonard 2012 Mar 26, 2016

Here is all information such as location, phone etc. http://www.usbankinginfo.com/bank/regions-bank/

• Re
                          Regions Disapprover Aug 06, 2011

I'm having the same issue - Regions is holding my direct deposit from my employer that went in on 8/1/2011 - I attempted to transfer those funds to my current bank through ACH transfer and Regions would not allow the payment to go through claiming the account was closed. If the account was truly closed, that direct deposit would not have gone through and would have went back to my employer for return to me. That didn't happen - Instead, Regions waited for that 8/1/2011 deposit to go into their account and then 'stole' that money from me and closed the account AFTER they saw that deposit go in. - At this point, Regions has over $1, 000 of my direct deposit in their hands that they are 'legally obligated' to send to the consumer when the account is at a 0 balance and closed with no outstanding loans, credit cards or liens, etc...A bank is NOT supposed to hold any consumers money if there is no outstanding debt to pay back to that bank. They are regulated by the Federal Reserve Bank if you want to have an investigator look into your complaint. They will have to speak to them on your behalf. If Regions Bank doesn't want to speak to you, have them speak to the people that govern their actions. You have a voice. Don't allow Regions to get away with it. Apparently, they're doing it to others as well.

• Ne
                          neutral_reader Dec 11, 2010

Your complaint doesn't add up. How does an $18.01 ACH result in $400 of overdraft fees? Also, when you closed your account on 8/31, did you physically go into the bank and request your account to be closed, or did you just withdraw the account down to a $0 balance? Regardless of the account status, you would be out the same amount of money. If the account had been closed, the bank would have returned the ACH item and then charged a $35 Returned Item Fee, which is the same amount of the Overdraft Fee if they pay the item. The bank is correct in that it is the consumer's responsibility to make sure there are no outstanding checks or pending ACH items. The bank can't know everything you've got set up, and they cannot stop someone from presenting a payment to them that you've agreed to. Unless there is more to your story than is included in your original post, no law has been broken.

Regions Bank — scam

My deceased, mentally challenged sister had a savings account with Capital Bank, bought by Union Planter...

Regions Banknot supporting customers with fraudulent activity

I am one of 7 other people so far from my branch that has had their credit card and pin numbers cloned this past weekend. I think it's an inside Job at the bank - I submitted my claim and was told that the funds will not be available to me until 10 business days !!! This person managed to take $1, 000 + the NSF Fees that the bank is taking out from my account on a holiday weekend!
                        I was able to call the head branch office to get $200.00 temporalily so that I can survive this weekend... Not good enough - How sad it is that in a situation that fraudulent activity is evident they don't help the customer out and credit the account the amount taken plus fees so that they don't have to deal with this headache.

• Wh
                            whocares9111 Nov 25, 2010

No it is not a inside job. But Regions sucks at customer service. I had fraud on a account 5 years ago with them. The person at the branch said she would order a new debit card for me, , even though she "wasn't sure how the account was compromised", meaning by account number or debit card number. I asked for a new account number and she said she did not know how to do that but could order a new card. I said fine and waited for my claim to be handled and then closed the account. They asked why and I told them, then they said they could do a new account if I wanted. Too late!!! But this is not a inside job.

Regions Bank — service fee's overcharged

Account #[protected] closed by the Bank October 2010 is now handled by the Credit Department of the Bank, who...

Regions Bankbank account

I had an account with Regions Bank in 2007. I went to the local branch on 27 Aug 2007 @ 9:20 am(just as the office opened) and deposited $534.00 cash. Before I gave the teller my cash I asked her if this cash will credit immediately because I had several pending transactions, and she said "yes". I have the customer receipt for this transaction. The next morning I checked my account to find out the monies that I deposited was never credited and all of the pending transactions, which added up close to what I deposited, were returned and I was hit with fees which ate up the cash. I went to the local branch again and I also called to speak with the branch manager and got no where. I went back and forth with the bank for 1 1/2 weeks. My family had to eat and I had other bills that needed to be paid, so I had no choice except to open another account with another bank and I also I had to make arrangements with the creditors for the transactions that were returned and all of this was put on my credit report, which is affecting me now because I'm in the middle of a legal separation and have to secure a place to live.

Regions Bankharrassment and invasion of my private information

My sister was mad at me and decide she would pull my personal information up with out my permission and treaten me while i was at work. An while she was on ya'll clock. This was done on september 14, 2010 and went on for hours.
                            Then she even treated me saying she was going to turn me in for fraud because at one time i was injuried at work and was on workmens comp.
                            This caused problems at my work and now i'm not working she has set me over the edge. She texted me so many times i could not even done my work. And I have save them all.
                            It really studs me that no one at regions caught on to what she was doing texting for at least an hour or so while she was on your clock suppose to be doing work not harrassing me.
                            Besides she had no right pulling my personal information up I deal with bankers her in Louisiana not illinois.
                            I have saved every text and i have talked to bankers over here.
                            I am getting an attorney, because this is just wrong and uncalled for. I do have rights and they have been slandered. (Bambi Guidry) - who else has she done this to.

Yours Truly

Julie L Hodges

• Ju
                                julie28 Sep 19, 2010

I NEVER GAVE HER MY INFORMATION. A YES THIS HAPPENED WHILE SHE WAS ON YA'LLS CLOCK. I HAVE NEVER EVEN TOLD HER I HAD AN ACCOUNT WITH REGIONS. SO WHAT RIGHT DID SHE HAVE TO GO INTO TO MY PERSONAL BUSINESS AND WHO ELSES HAS SHE BEEN INTO.
                                THIS IS ILLEGAL ON YA'LLS PART SHE HAS NO RIGHT GETTING INTO ANYONES PERSONAL BUSINESS UNLESS ASKED BESIDES HER HARRASSING ME WHILE ON YA'LLS CLOCK GETTING PAID.

YOURS TRULY
                                JULIE L HODGES

IF YA'LL CAN DO ANYTHING THE BRANCH HERE IN LOUISIANA SAID FOR ME TO HIRE AN ATTORNEY AND SUE BOTH SIDES