Regions Financial Logo

Regions Financial

Having problems with Regions Financial?

Regions Financial Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 734 4667 (Report Fraud)
+1 800 472 2265 (Online Banking)
+1 800 295 8472 (Lost or Stolen)
+1 800 253 2265 (Credit Card)
+1 800 231 7493 (Revolving Credit / Home Equity Line)
+1 800 787 3905 (Client Services / Business & Commercial)
+1 800 986 2462 (Regions Mortgage)
+1 877 536 3286 (Regions Mortgage Origination Center)
+1 800 458 5890 (International)
2090 Parkway Office Circle
Birmingham, Alabama

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Regions Financial Customer Service. Initial Regions Financial complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Regions Financial above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Regions Financial. Discuss the issues you have had with Regions Financial and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Regions Financial Complaints & Reviews

Regions Bankcourtesy, but for whom?

Last week, July 28, 2010, i made an online payment to FIA CS, branch of Regions Corp. i used my regions visa check card for small purchases here and there over the weekend. i called regions automated system to find out my balance on Monday neg $288.00!" Apparently i duplicated my payment to FIA Card Services. in spite of a minus balance none of my Visa Check Card transactions were declined. i have NO overdraft protection.

Regions explanation was that "as a courtesy to me" they extended to me $500.00 in "additional funds." what this really means is that they gave themselves permission to charge me up to $500 in overdraft fees! had i known there was a problem, i could have covered the overage immediately. since i had no knowledge of this "courtesy" and no knowledge of the negative balance, Regions had a free for all collecting $35 for each of the $5 - $20 purchases which i made.

PLEASE BEWARE OF REGIONS BANK'S IDEA OF COURTESY!

I have had the same checking account since 1985. My first and second mortgages are with Regions. my only satisfaction will be in selling my home (of 21 years) and paying them off. i refuse to allow them to foreclose and write me off as a loss. my payback will be by denying them any future interest on my accounts.

• Lo
      Lookingintoscams May 06, 2013

Ok after having been ripped off majorly by this bank I tried to call corporate - except the phone was disconnected. Really?

Yep. On purpose. You can't speak to anyone other than branch people & agents on the phone & they have to e-mail someone else for you - but only using their radio button list.

Asked for legal dept to call me back, but silly me didn't know Regions is in so many lawsuits for not paying employees, ripping off customers with fees of all kinds, TARP fraud, securities fraud, mortgage problems - seriously - they filed with the SEC their annual filings and couldn't estimate what they'd be spending on legal fees this year - at least $300, 000 in one case alone.

Meanwhile they've decided to continue, I was told by a branch staffer - they've decided to continue to rip off people with the overdraft scam DESPITE a class action lawsuit in progress.

Yes - even though there is a class action against them, Chase settled their same type class action for $110, 000 million, Bank of America settled theirs for $200 million, bank after bank has settled & discontinued to do this rippoff scam to their customers but NOT good ol REGIONS.

Region has a sneaky little tag in their contract that they don't "do" class actions... OMG!!!

File online complaint with your state Attorney General.

Write your state banking commission or dept. usually a form online you fill out & mail.

File an online complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

Sorry to those sweet people who work for this bank - but this bank has got to go!!!

They should not be in business anywhere on the planet!!!

Regions Bankrobs the poor

I had an online merchant put an unauthorized check through my account and try to comitt fraud against me. Now regions in Louisiana specifically in Mandeville says since it isn't a bank error they are charging me and NSF fee and a stop payment fee on the check.

Guess what it isn't my fault either but, they won't budge! It's like in Chicago during the Crime period where a gangster comes in and says:"If you give me your "insurance money" so then maybe I will protect you against this problem."

So, 71 dollars later, the bank officer says I can place a debit hold on the account and no one will be able to access it for checks or debits. Duh, why did I put the stop payment!?

I am so angry!!!

• Ne
        neutral_reader Dec 11, 2010

There is a difference between a stop payment and a a debit hold. The stop payment is meant to stop payment from one particular check/merchant. A debit hold stops payments from ALL checks/merchants.

Regions Bankwon't listen

Regions bank is *** me off by calling me every 2 or 3 hours at night they want to talk to a DEAD man and they think they can bully me in to giving them something that I don't have readily available. That is who won't listen to me. They refuse to believe me so I will have to go in person to show them my late husbands ashes. Anyone got any better ideas to help me with this problem. The bank people don't live on 1 income a month like I do.I pray they will..

cheated in gulf breeze Feb 18, 2011

Regions Bank ripped us off $140.00 in overdraft fees on items that hadn't even posted yet. They assumed we were going to bounce so they charged us $35.00 for four items they thought were going to bounce, even though nothing bounced they still charged us $140.00, we had no parenthases around any of our numbers on our statement how does that work They can charge you an overdraft fee if they THINK you will overdraw!. We checked our account online and were sure we had money in the bank but they held a transactions then posted it after they had bounced our account and of course they go highest to lowest so even if you had enough money in there after they take their overdraft fees you don't have a chance in hell of coming out on top. We live paycheck to paycheck so we watch our account very closely so when they bounce us for a 2 or 3 dollar item then charge us $35.00 it doesn't take much and they have $100 or $200 hundred dollars. This should be illegle and Regions Bank should be ashamed of its self. They are stealing money from the hardest working and lowest income people in America the ones who bailed them out last year.

Regions Hospital - Imaging Department — mamo screening

I went for my annual mammography screening and was told to come back for a second screening because...

Regions Bank - Clinton, IL — illegal insf from exempt pension funds

On 03/03/2010 Regions Bank allowed a non-wage garnishment to be placed on the individual checking account...

Regions Bank — fraud/misappropiation of funds

• Regions Bank filed two lawsuits on 12/23/2008 naming Menaker Investments I as the defendant. o...

Regions Bank - Orlando, Florida — fraud - misappropiation of funds

Regions Bankdoesn't care

Godaddy.com charged my debit card an automatic debit fee of 6.99 when my auto-renew feature was SUPPOSED to be OFF. their third-party merchant, the reprehensible CERTEGY, TWO WEEKS LATER charged me 30.00 for the returned 6.99. BOTH of these overdrew my account with REGIONS BANK which then caused an avalanche of overdraft fees (4) totalling $140.00!

Even though godaddy promptly reversed the 6.99, REGIONS has refused to return my overdraft fees that this caused, stating that i have to get these BIG BUSINESSES to pay them, since 'they' caused them. Regions knows, of course, that i have NO chance of convincing the Big Guys to admit fault and pay these fees.

The Managers at Regions have said that if i get something in writing from godaddy then 'they'll see what they can do'. they've profited 140.00 on my unfortunate and expensive situation.

After no less than 5 phone calls to godaddy's Cust. Service, who promised return phone calls from management WHICH NEVER HAPPENED, i've been on the phone with godaddy's "President's Office", and left them my Branch Manager's email address and FaX #. in the meantime, i'm getting collection notices for the 30.00 from CERTEGY THAT SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN APPLIED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I'm now in danger of more overdrafts, and have YET to hear anything from Godaddy, OR Regions Bank. Do yourselves, people, a favor and CHOOSE LOCAL BANKS!!!

after hearing of this complaint (and more to follow at other like services, trust me), and even with it being QUITE obvious that godaddy.com erred and refunded my fees, Regions gave me 10 days to close my account.

CLOSED MY ACCOUNT, because i complained of the overdraft fees that occurred through the error of a third party.

the response from my Branch Mgr when i explained (emphatically) that this was NOT my error, that it was the merchant's error, was simply that "it's not the bank's fault". this is what they continued to say.

• Ne
            neutral_reader Dec 11, 2010

The bank is only allowed to refund a small percentage of fees accrued on their accounts over the course of a month. If they exceed this amount, then it affects not only the profitability of that particular branch, but the pay of every associate in that branch from the branch manager down to the newest teller. There are situations that do occur where the bank must refund fees due to their own error, so keeping that in mind, they have to be very frugal in what fees they will agree to refund in every situation. The bank is not likely to refund all the fees accrued because of someone else's error when it would adversely affect everyone who works there. Customer service is important, yes. But banking is BUSINESS, and it's not good for the business if they're losing profit and losing disgruntled employees whose paychecks are being affected by something they cannot control. It only makes sense that the individual or merchant who caused the fees should be responsible for paying the fees.

Regions Bank — greedy and uncooperative and horrible business practices

This company is purely one of the worse banks that I've EVER had to deal with in my life. First, upon...

Regions Bank — stole $ from me

They completely lost $3, 000.00 dollars of mine. Then they put it back in my account a couple of days later...

Regions Bank — nsf charged

We went to Regions to close our checking acct. and were told it had already been closed because the last...

Regions Bankrude customer service

Regions sends out online payments that are scheduled to go out on another date when it overdraws your account because they send it out on the wrong date they charge you overdraft. They try and convince you it is your fault when they sent it out on the wrong date as if they say it so its true. The phone customer service are rude you spend hours of being hung up on transferred and they will not even listen to your side or look at the proff. Try and close a account still working on trying to do that failed on our first try my husband is going to try next time.

• De
              Deborah Winborne Jan 21, 2010

Same thing happened to me. We had been having the utilities drafted every month after our social security checks were deposited and all of a sudden they were posted on the 1st of the month and all of them bounced.

Regions Bankaccount theft

My bank, Regions, charged me 140 dollars of NSF fees 10/19, for overdrawn items, that weren't overdrawn. They acknowledged that they weren't overdrawn, and they would not refund the fees or make the correction despite the evidence that the account was never overdrawn. After 2 hours of discussion on 10/20, they agreed to refund 50 percent of the fees($70). I agreed even though I was still out 70 for bogus fees. When I checked my account today 10/21, and they only refunded 25 percent($35). When I called to find out why they changed the amount, they informed me that I wasn't entitled to a refund and I was "lucky" to get the $35 back.

Regions stole 140 dollars from me and when asked about it.. acknowledged the theft, and refused to return the funds and claimed that it wasn't a bank error. I asked for documentation to support that it wasn't a 'bank error' and was first denied the documentation.. then after some discussion.. I was read a paragraph via the telephone, in which stated that the bank was allowed to charge an NSF for funds paid when funds in the account did not cover the item.

When I pointed out again that funds had been available in the account to cover said items.. I was told that there was nothing that could be done, and I would not receive a refund, as the "system" does not allow it. So I went from 70 refund, to 35 refund, to no refund. They took the 35 they HAD given me back and charged my account for it.

As i told them, if i -had- over drafted my account fine, I'd pay the fees, expect I hadn't. I wasn't even close. First millions of dollars from the president, then increased interest rates and fees for CC, and now banks are going after individual funds from account holders.. what's next?

• Ka
                kathryn stevenson Jun 13, 2011

I am with you. They are always doing something that is crooked and you can be sure that we the customer is going to be the ones that come out on the bad end. I am not through with them yet. They stole 800.00 dollars from me and you can also bet that I am going to get it back.

• Jj
                J Johnsn Jan 11, 2010

FRAUDULENT FEES @ REGIONS BANK !!

Regions changed my savings account to one with a $4.00/month charge without my knowledge ... and then only refunded 2 months of fees they had charged me. Not worth the legal hassle for me... but theres some underhanded things going on here. They then claimed I had been moved to another type of account... no way to identify which employee had done this or why.

Regions Bank — overdraft fees

I was charged 700.00 in overdraft fees, i have been overdraft before and paid my fee, , but this i...

Regions Bank — taking money from ponzi victims

http://ponzi-victims.ning.com/forum/topics/please-sign-our-online We are part of the international group...

Regions Bank — account closure for no reason

I opened an account with Regions in December of 2005. I have only been in the negative twice in 2006. On...

Regions Bankover draft fees

I viewed my online account with regions Bank to get my bank account balance. I've seen that an unexpeced charge that hit my account that make two debit drafts transactions in the negitive. Ok, I know there will be a fee at $35.00 a pop which total at $105.00. The unexpected charge was placed back into my account due to error draft made by another company I retained service from but had cancelled.

I reviewed my account and seen that they made my account in the red of $195.00. They added an extra $72.76 of return fees even thoe
              there were money in my account to cover the drafts. I went to my local Regions Bank to see what is going on. GET THIS! I was told that since the transaction was pending process they also got hit for return fees. Even after I shown her my printout bank transactions online that all she says was pending did clear a day earlier before this all happened. She said, what it shows me online don't reflect actual transaction. WHAT???? You mean that my account view online with this Bank is giving me false information. I'm sure my money didn't disappear.

This bank will disregard your tansactions date and place NSF fee first to put you in the red (negitive) and make as much as they can on you.

Regions Bankripping me off over and over... over.. over

regions has repeatedly applied overdraft fees that i dont deserve. then they tell me they can take them off if i fill out a form for visa overdraft protection. i'm tired of going to the bank again and again just becuase they're crooked. right now they have three more unfair fees at 35.00 each. cost me 245.00 total last week. any islams out they that needs a new protege'. serious!

• Ky
                    kypvteye Jan 28, 2011

Sue the Bank ever chance you get, if 10, 000 would file law suits just in small claims court, that would do it, they would stop, its all about money, lets stop them. We need a club, every one agree to sue for all charges, this would stop it.

• Ky
                    kypvteye Jan 28, 2011

I just don't understand why you let them do this to you!!!
                    Stop them, close the account and than sue them for the money back. You can sue them your self in small claims court. They will give the money back. Or there are plenty of attorneys who will take your case and win, courts have been finding them gulity of excessive fees for a while now. Judges are getting tired of banks out right stealing from customers, just like the fraud to paid largest item first, so they can charge for all the small items, what a scam.
                    they all do this. It just this simple, banks have computer programed to pick up on people who have no money and they are able to hold deposits, checks and create charges to steal from you.
                    It won't stop till the State Attorney starts putting some of the managers and directors in jail for fraud. The state attorneys seem to be in left field when it comes to banks stealing. So is the US Attorney, Wachovia just got caught Laundring money for Terrorist Organization, did they go to jail (NO) just paid millions in fines, you and I would go to jail. In closing I sue a bank ever chance I get, its fun, I love it.

Regions Bank — notarized lien release letter

I recieived a lien release letter from your bank on a vehicle we paid off. However, the state of Missouri...

Regions Bankscam charges

This banking institution gives a new meaning to overdraft/they do not post cash depost made after 2:00 pm until the next night @midnight and automatic deposits post @ midnight only before anything pending might post before and overdraw your account. They are great. The best with this bank is their ATM kept 200.00 of my money so I went inside talk to branch manager and she said it would they would look at all records and camera at another office but it would be about 3 days before I could get my money. No arguing with this lady. Process of changing to credit union. Beware of this bank.

• Re
                      REGIONS BANK-LEGAL ROBBERY?! Nov 04, 2010

I agree and am currently looking into starting a Class Action Lawsuit against Regions now... Regions accepts overdrawn items, not as a Courtesy to their customers as banks are supposed to, but as a way to ROB their customers and something has to be done about this. I understand rules, policies and procedures, but Regions rules, policies, and procedures are NOT consistant. I have received enough to know this with proof and plan to do something about it.

Its a fact that if I have NO pending transactions and have an item presented, regardless of how short I am, it will NOT get paid, however, if I have 10 transactions pendig, regardless of the amount that I am short for a new transaction that is presented, they WILL honor it with no problems!!! WHY... Because it Benefits REGIONS, not for the concern or decisions of their clents. This is NOT what Banking is designed for. Regions bank managers approving these transactions is Legal Theft and something has to be done about it. I will post additional information as I proceed with the suit. Please keep checking back! Thank you!

• St
                      stevo2007 Aug 12, 2009

Not alone! right as we speak they have charged three overdraft fees that aren't warranted.
                      This isn't the first time either. Two weeks ago they gave me two that shouldnt have been applied to my account. A few months ago same thing. When I went to my local branch the manager exclaimed " we can credit your account, if, you fill out an application for visa overdraft protection". I recently read an article that explained that banks make as much money on overdraft fees from just ten percent of their customers as they do in all other transactions, but, unfair fees over and over? I'll lay and wait for the class action suit. Got my records and witnesses lol they actually pulled this in front of my wife who dosent even bank there lol

• Sl
                      Slagathorn Jul 28, 2009

2 pm is probably the cut off time. Meaning... they've switched over to the next banking day. So, for example, while it's Monday, after 2pm, it's Tuesday for the banks. Yes, cash is immidiate; you can take money out through the atm, you can purchases... but, if you have anything posting that night, and you made a deposit to cover what's supposed to post that night, the cash isn't going to cover it. Why? It's next business day. Technically, you made the deposit as if you were coming in Tuesday morning and making the deposit. So, it won't post until that time at midnight. What gets really tricky with that... if the debit/credit card merchants aren't on the same business day. That's the part that really screws you over. Some merchants don't cut over at the same time.
                      But, that in itself, is another story.