RegCure SoftwareRegcure Software killed my PC!

I went on the Internet to find something to improve the poor performance of my computer. Regcure promised to repair all of the problems on my computer, so I purchased it and downloaded the program. After running the program my computer would boot up OK but none of my programs would work. I kept getting messages that said "Winsock2 needs to be installed on this computer" and IHPIPAPI.DLL file is not functioning. When I tried to go to the Internet to report theses problems I discovered that I was no longer able to access the Internet. I am not a computer geek so I depend on the products I purchase from the Internet to maintain my computer. I am making this report on my son’s computer since mine no longer works. I went online to [protected]@regcure.com and reported my problem. I got no response. So I e-mailed them at [protected]@regcure.com and asked them to refund my money. I still have not received a response. I am reporting this in the hopes that I might save some poor sucker from loosing the use of his/her computer as I have.

SafeCartSupport Mar 22, 2014

Hello Tina1 C,

SafeCart is one of the Internet's leading payment processing services. We are sorry to hear of any problems you have encountered with your transaction/purchase, and please understand that we do take your complaint seriously. In regards to your complaint, please contact us at SafeCart, and we will be more than happy to assist you. You can reach our customer service at [protected] (M-F 6am to 5pm PST) or through email at [email protected]

Warm regards,
    Kristy
    SafeCart Customer Service
    www.SafeCart.com

• Ti
    Tina1 C Feb 19, 2014

I also purchased and downloaded the REGSERVO program and paid for it to fix my computer but every time I run the pc scan it tells me I have hundreds of errors. Now my Dell Dock file is not functioning. Can anyone give me an answer on how to fix it?

Thank you.
    TC

• Pr
    provoked May 11, 2013

I have had the same type of problems. After buying REG CURE years ago with no
    satisfaction and no response and being ignored, I carried my computer to a shop
    and paid $150 to have it repaired and reloaded. Of course I lost all my stuff. I also
    think that the errors were false and I bet Reg cure doesn't use their own product.
    Jim in Schnecksville PA

• Ju
    Judith Brandl Jan 31, 2013

I bought regcure software after my laptop crashed. I called to register the product and stupidly allowed myself to be talked into a remote repair being done by one of their recharge for 220.00. It solved nothing. I called back three times, after the last call and doing everything they told me to do I ended up with no Internet and had to take my laptop to a computer repair shop today anyway. Very expensive lesson. Spent 330.00 total with this company. Its a sham. They are nothing but snake oil salesmen.

• Ju
    Judith Brandl Jan 31, 2013

I purchased the 39.99 software to clean up my laptop. I called to register the product as the website suggested and let them talk me into having one of their recharge do a remote repair. I now have no Internet connection. Whatever they did destroyed the driver to my wireless adapter. My laptop is now being repaired the right way. Total rip off and I'm out $330.00. Feel stupid. Learned an expensive lesson.

• De
    de java Jul 24, 2011

it hosed a new puter, the kind that lacks backup op sys discs... this is a very bad combo of events. it even hosed the recovery sector. puter won't even get into setup mode.

a terrible company w/a big pr front and back. i'll bet they are very anti regulation... pro war...

SafeCartSupport Jul 06, 2011

Hello

SafeCart is one of the Internet's leading credit card payment services. We primarily transact digitally downloaded products like software, games and the like. With support for multiple currencies, we provide digital download product publishers a way to accept online payments for their products.

Any problems you have regarding any of the software vendors we work with we will be happy to assist you with by contacting our customer service department by phone at [protected] or email at [email protected]

Regards,
    Kristy

SafeCart Customer Service
    www.SafeCart.com

• Ro
    Ross, get rid of scammers Jul 02, 2011

If you are dealing in Victoria B.C. concerning Tegcure, SafeCart, com Pareto Logic or the likes, tell them to remove their garbage imediately and refund thyour money or you will ask B.C. Bovt to temove their license, and send a copy to to the one your complaining about. This should get your money back. Next time you go to buy something, use a Debit Card. Upon complaint the bank can get your money back,

• 49
    49ersfan May 23, 2011

I have used RegCure in the past and it really did fix my slow computer. You can read about my experience here: http://www.slow-computer-solution.com/regcure_review.html

chuck Apr 23, 2011

please read link as it explains how RegCure is a scam

• Ds
    DSPowell Dec 31, 2010

Beware, the scamming doesn't stop at selling you a worthless product the first go around... one year later they will charge you again for a "licensing fee" and will continue to charge you year after year. Amazing. I have a dispute open with PayPal and I am hopeful they will have my back. What a sleazy operation to hide something like that in the fine print and just debit you without any advance notification - major red flag of a company just out to scam the public

• Bo
    bontot Dec 07, 2010

regcure is not good..i have a habit of trying all kind of registry cleaner including this stupid regcure...i end up having more error and a lot of programs unusable after cleaning with regcure...it's even deleting your file..the best you can do after using regcure is formating your computer...waste of time.

• In
    inocente Nov 02, 2010

considero que no tiene soporte regcure y que solo se quedan con el dinero de la suscripcion como es mi caso y no se a quien acudir. No caigan con esta compañia.
    Ojala y pudiera recuperar mis $49, 9 USD, pero no se como reclamarles ni a quien.

• Su
    Suzie B. Jones Oct 05, 2010

I have tried to get in contact with Reg Cure to get rid of their annoying PopUp. Have not been able to find a telephone number, email address, or any way of contacting them. If you have any way of stopping their annoying pop ups, or how to get in contact with them, please advise me. Thank you.

• Co
    Cotswold Brewer Sep 08, 2010

Does anyone out there know of good software to fix a slow computer?

There seems to be a lot of choices but the comparison sites maybe in the back pocket of the software companies - or is there a reliable comparison site?

I too am computer illiterate but there must be a better answer to the problem than buying a new computer every couple of years.

Thanks

Jan Avery Jun 17, 2010

THE MAJORITY OF ITEMS SOLD ON TV ARE PURE SCAMS AND RIPOFFS. THE TV NETWORKS WILL NOT POLICE THESE ILLEGAL COMPANIES DUE TO THE ENORMOUS PROFITS THEY RECEIVE. ALWAYS, REPEAT ALWAYS GOOGLE ALL ITEMS SOLD ON TV FOR COMPLAINTS BEFORE GIVING YOUR CREDIT CARDS TO AN UNKNOWN OPERATION. THIS ITEM IS ONE OF THOUSANDS THAT ARE SCAMS AND LOW QUALITY PRODUCTS SOLD AT VERY INFLATABLE PRICES TO COVER THE HIGH COST OF ADVERTISING AND PROFIT. NEVER BUY ANY ITEM THAT CHARGES A SECOND SHIPPING AND HANDLING FEE, AS IT IS A DEAD GIVE AWAY THAT THE COMPANY IS A RIPOFF.

Margrace Apr 14, 2010

I totally agree with all the above. In my experience Reg Cureseems to be a scam from start to finish

The first deception is to claim to give a free scan and fix problems. It fixes only a couple of things for which there were no problems in the first place or if there were I could fix myself. The rest it would not fix unless payment is made. What kind of a free trial is that? This in itself shold alert consumers that this company is not above board. The second scam is I suspect that it manufactures errors that are not even there. There are ways to investigate this which I won't go into here, but the experiences of the people who have already posted point to this as well.

I will now attemmpt to remove all trace of it from my computer if possible. I'm hoping this will not meet with the same failure as any attempt I have made to delete Reg Edit another scam I fell victim to!

Can anyone recommend a reliable product which unlike these two has a good reputation?

Marg

Maebe Apr 04, 2010

I also purchased RegCure a few months ago. I am not sure if it has done any damage but I find it odd that every time it runs it finds all kinds of registry errors. Yet I can do it a couple of hours apart and it still always finds lots. None of the problems I wanted it to cure, have been. Like software that won't uninstall and still lurks in the registry somewhere. My system is not running any faster than before. I am de-installing this software as I think it is actually dangerous.

• Ll
    llangelica Apr 01, 2010

useless software. ijust purchased the damn software for 2 (TWO) licenses as my desktop pc n laptop were having registry errors. and also wrong timing to have these errors as i neeed to do a 3000word essay. microsoft word is affected, unable to install n uninstall programs, cant open adobe acrobat reader (PDF) n soooo many more tasks n programs are affected. was relieved when isaw the number of errors or results. (ithought everything will be up and running by then) i decided to restart my laptop n stillllllll the same issues are there! whatt? waste of money. was charged 58.71 USD for NOTHING. BAD. BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

madatregcure Mar 16, 2010

we are pc illiterate. we finally got a pc after 6years w/out one, and when we did we were sooo happy to be able to go online again. because of our ignorance, our first and only pc got viruses ect...which evetually caused it to be permanently broke. we did not know about how to clean up the disc and scanning files ect... to keep it running properly, so this time around we were adamant about protecting ourselves. the very first product for such things i came across was Regcure. we, like many, are on a tight budget, and after paying for the pc, we wanted to spend as little as we could for products. however, this in no way means we wanted "low quality" products. we wanted "good products at inexpensive prices". RegCure looked good to us. we purchased it for $29.99; they advertised a coupon that said we could use that $10.00 off of this purchase; we figured $19.99 was pretty good. well, the next day we find out that we were charged the $29.99. when i contacted them about this mistake, they said the $29.99 "ALREADY REFLECTED" the $10.00 off coupon. nowhere was it listed that the original price was actually $39.99! rip off right off the bat. ok, so we settled. we used the product, and it worked great...for a while. i noticed that after 2/3 weeks, the program was starting to run slower than usual, then eventually stopped running at all. i ended up uninstalling it, and re-installling it. again, it ran great...for about 2weeks. then problems again. i have done this several times, and am sooo aggravated! now, our pc is running so slow, and some programs dont even work anymore. we did not know "why" or "what" caused it, but we thought RegCure was behind it. now that i read all these similar complaints, i know that RegCure is the culprit. since we have had the product for months, i dont think we could get our money back. so we just consider it a loss, even though it was for a years service.

• Tf
    tfkfdijd Mar 12, 2010

Same to my laptop. I downloaded yesterday, today I turn on my laptop, and nothing shows up except recycle bin. Everything was gone.

johnburren Mar 06, 2010

I totally agree with you guys..Regcure did nothing good for my computer but DESTROY IT! I hate this program so much...I wished I would have found the website before buying Regcure.

• Gp
    gpeder Feb 17, 2010

I also am very disappointed in Regcure. I actually purchased it to cure the problems I've had with my windows media which Regcure claims it could solve. It not only has not helped at all but has done nothing to improve the entire operation of my PC. If any thing it's worse.

• Jk
    JK Feb 15, 2010

Regcure is stupid. I can't believe I WASTED my money to buy it. I tried to return it but there was no way I could do that. It made my computer run slower...so I tried to google to see what people are saying about it, and nobody has something positive. I just uninstalled it, and my computer is running faster now...I know it sounds incredible, but its true.

• Je
    jerome d hensley Feb 15, 2010

I want your phone number, I have 1 account with you and 2 of your accounts have been taked from my bank account !!! From my bank!!!

• Bi
    BigEl23 Feb 14, 2010

Well come on people if you end up on a site like error-nerds.com and you don't get suspicious then surely you are pretty much asleep as you browse.

Let me point out a couple of clues about such a site:

1) a bunch of highly satisfied reviews from supposed customers who are all overjoyed at how it cured all their woes in seconds. Not ONE bad review or "it didn't solve my current problem".

if that's doesn't arouse suspicion then did you look at the text on the site?? How did you get there? Google. Did you not notice the bad english? ie. it just substitutes your google term in the url and puts it all over the text including the reviews.

eg. http://error-nerds.com/articles/?id=Not-Responding

will give the first line:

"How to fix not responding " and "download the not responding tool"

If you're not convinced then try altering the url to:

http://error-nerds.com/articles/?id=My cat just threw up

... and hey presto:

How to fix my cat just threw up and "download my cat just threw up"

This is a very old trick and it's easy to spot if you just think a little about what you are doing and besides what the hell are you people doing parting with money for a tiny utility that is so easy to get free from a trustworthy source - such as CCleaner?

If you've ever gone to a malware or virus tech forum this is one of the utilities that they always recommend because it does the job.

Last but not least do not think that a registry cleaner will solve any performance problems or actually any major problems. It's nice to have a utility to clean out some dead entries but it isn't a cure-all.

My advice is visit some of the decent known tech forums to get an idea of what FREE spyware, anti-virus and reg cleaners are good. Then use those and save your hard earned cash and don't trust any pushy marketing site. All good software isn't full of sparkly maketing speak and TV type ads trying to convince you to buy.

jamie60_ Feb 11, 2010

Hi
    As I said but my comment does not seem to have been posted that I can not help myself bursting out laughing at people being caught out by this scam. There is a Gary McKenna FIREWALL coming out soon which will combat this intrusion.

Watcher

• Cs
    cshannon1077 Jan 25, 2010

REg Cure sounded too good to be true. BECAUSE IT IS!!!
    The lie about the money back guarantee. When I finally was able to email them to request my money back, (which I had to do from my personal PC because the company blocks their website), they replied "sorry, you waited too long. The money back guarantee is only for 30 days."
    The product fakes it like it's fixing a bunch of errors, but mostly it's deleting cookies. It did NOTHING to fix my problem, and is a WASTE OF MONEY!!!
    There are lots of free registry programs. DO NOT SPEND MONEY WITH THESE CROOOKS!!!

• Dm
    dmack789 Jan 19, 2010

go to microsoft security and download there essentials software its fee and awsome

• Re
    RegCursed Dec 31, 2009

Without a doubt, you will feel VIOLATED if you ever use this RegCure product. Wish I knew someone from the company so I could duck tape them to a chair for the weekend and make them watch looping episodes of The Bradey Bunch.

• Bu
    Buyer beware of Regnow Dec 27, 2009

I am having the same or similar problem with Reg Now. My computer would not boot. I would get a screen with my name and when I click on my name it would begin to boot then take me back to the screen with my name. I downloaded Reg Now after receiving it and now all I get is a loud tone then the computer ask what mode, I have put it in all the modes one by one and get the same message."auto chk program not found - skipping auto chec" then I get nothing, I mean nothing the message sits there on the computer. I have waited for hours and still nothing. Please don't purchase this item, it is call widnows recovery by Reg Now, I am thinking RegCure and Reg Now is a part of the same company after reading the complaints. I wish I had read them before. Now, I am using my sons laptop to communicate. I have sent them several messages and have gotten no response. I even called. I filed a complaint with paypal but have not heard anything as of yet. I just filed the complaint hoping to give the disk time to work.. I am going to take my computer in to a computer repairman, which I should have done in the begining. Trying something new got me burned but I will be more cautious next time.

• Si
    simple test run Dec 21, 2009

I'd suggest that you do a simple test of your own like I did, and let the fact speaks for itself.

I scanned my PC using Regcure, it reported hundreds of errors found. I have ALL the errors fixed using Regcure (it said ZERO was ignored or missed, in other words, ALL were fixed). Then I scanned it twice, surprisingly, still hundreds of errors found. Curiously, after fixing ALL the errors, I ran the scan again and again with fixing in between...that seems like an endless effort, a lost cause.

Now I firmly believe there are incurable diseases in my pC now.

• Mw
    mwood1 Nov 30, 2009

i bought regcure on sept.25 2009. i put in the registration key and it won't register.i even got the invoice # 1473713 and i get no response is this a scam.. i work hard for my money. i paid for this service . i will get in contact with the attorney general . maybe they can help me. (registration key number is ee75c43b-b598-88c47-9833a14a6ed5

the invoice # is 1473713

maybe someone can help me out. [email protected]

• To
    Tony in Melbourne Nov 30, 2009

I'm a bit of a Ist timer, late to getting laptop and internet in this day and age (got own 'connected' outside of using uni computers for years, this month, November 2009). Naturally, I fell partially for the regcure promo stuff, trying to learn fast re the world of PCs. Now I finally find this complaints website and in similar fashion to so many reporting on this website, I went as far as downloading whatever regcure pushed (like many others, numerous errors detected/reported (over 1000) and, whilst not authorizing actual paypal payment, I luckily (sort of) just intuited something not right with the initial download and something not right about the product overall. No real contact other than what appears to sound like a non-responsive, dodgy support website I now understand makes sense to being an a-grade scam. Plus, being in Australia, I was still even wary about buying from some transnationally sourced computer software thing in Canada, despite my usual comfort in trade safety ideas between usual Australia/Canada trade relations). So i hadn't actually bought the product.

Subsequently, I searched round my folders and found two files that weren't there before (definite about this because I'd only had the computer a couple of days, opened up heaps and noted what files pre-existed upon purchase) and I hadn't downloaded anything else yet anyway---two files had lodged into my documents folder.
    Tony in Melbourne

First one read ntuser.dat.LOG1, and other one read ntuser.dat.LOG2. Now, under no circumstance do they allow themselves to be deleted or be sent to the recycle bin. I uninstalled regcure from my 'all programs" list but they still won't go away.

Bad human curiosity made me try the process again few days later. This time I went as far up as to pay and then chose to decline. Upon not accepting/declining, all of a sudden, up popped regcure's offer to give me the product free, their claim being it was now sponsored by regcure's advertisers. This really made me wary and I did the uninstall process again. Still thos ntuser.dat. things won't go away.

However, between these two regcure, dodgy experiences (about a week apart), I was trying to quickly learn about world of computers/drivers, etc. I was probably de-tuned from the luring regcure marketing and still insufficiently wary about microsoft website's recommendation for regcure driver updater thing, or the apparent need being pushed for 'updating driver tools' altogether, and I did different 'drivers' thingy installation, this time actually buying it (through the paypal operated by some agent called clkbank). I bought and think i have installed some similar conceived product called 'Driver Robot' from Blitware Technologies. After all these complaints, I'm wary about trying to work out what to do with it now but here's what I've noticed already over the last week or two since all this.

Now there suddenly seems to be frequent, inexplicable disconnection from my internet explorer 8, windows keeps advising diagnosing connection problems and then i get back online shortly thereafter, and other odd little things that weren't happening in the short few, brand new days in the beginning where I was doing my normal online banking 'look-in', online tertiary student website stuff, and a few general internet googling type of thing.

I'm worried I'm somehow being traced with every key-hit but then I'm a bit of a struggling student so not much in the bank account to ever rip off anyways. Doesn't help making me think even more skeptically about computers, which has held me back for so many years, and wouldn't you know it, first thing I download seems to be a rort, especially now after finding all these pages and pages of complaint. Luckily, I know I can probably get a techie mate to wipe the whole system and reinstall the recovery discs (5 DVD-Rs) that I aptly made first thing I got home with this new laptop.

Things were fine as they were with a new computer straight out of a reputable Australia-wide electronics chainstore. My advice, leave things they way they were in the beginning before getting sucked into luring ads playing on fears of computer problems. fairly, i have to report the advertised price of the product i did buy did seem to corealte to the instant charge on my banking statement, taking into account exchange rates ($29.99 advertised price, about $32 Australian dollars charged, accordingly).

Can anyone advise, am i supposed to annually re-buy ongoing same software if I detect it works ok and doesn't ruin my computer like I've a gut feeling it may do, according to what I gather about these technologies in here? (Like my Norton Anti-virus, which I also suspect may now appear to be damaged!)

• Wl
    wldangel Nov 25, 2009

I use regcure and have no problem with it as a matter of fact I love it. As for the person who says her computer crashed you should have a recovery disc, simple way to do this is place your recovery disc in reload your windows you will have to reprogram your computer. But it should reload all your stuff back into your computer including your winsock2 you shold be able to access your internet again.

• El
    eloise d. Nov 25, 2009

I tried RegCure and after 2 days my computer was already showing signs of damage. Then (like an idiot) I tried Registry Mechanic which claimed it found 456 errors RegCure 'missed'. Within a few weeks my computer's registry was so hashed it couldn't delete files & folders and any program I deleted was kept, but I couldn't access it. My free space evaporated. I had to reformat the entire computer (fortunately I did back up using Mozy's free server and was able to save my drivers and important documents).

I learned the hard way that ALL registry cleaners are SCAMS and extremely DANGEROUS! The only exception he recommended is Norton SystemWorks. An IT specialist gave me the how-to's. Here's what I do now: First, I have a hard copy of my registry at optimum to refer to. Next, at the end of every day I run SystemWorks & use One Button checkup - which checks the registry, gets rid of internet clutter, temp files, etc. I Defrag/optimize at least weekly and especially after deleting a program. Then I use SystemWorks to wipe the free space using the military (DOD) 7x wipe sequence. Further, I now stay away from shareware, freeware and anything not produced by a well-known company with an address, phone & reachable customer service.

Be aware that just because a site has 'Microsoft Approved' it means NOTHING: sites either pony up the $$$ Microsoft demands or use the logo illegally- either way it's no guarantee the program's any good. Ditto with the bogus Consumer Awards, 5 stars, etc because anyone can decorate their site with as many attaboys they want to lure in unsuspecting people who don't know any better.

• Ponto Nov 05, 2009

It is a disgrace...

• To
    Tom Tharp Oct 22, 2009

I am having problems with regcure, it is telling me to renew when, I have only had it for a couple of months! I installed in on one of my computors that was running sluggist, it seemed to help. I later installed it on a second computor, now the first computor won't start up and the second one is telling me I need to renew. I logged onto the tec. support and asked why, they asked how much I would pay for a answer?

• Sq
    Squeedor Oct 22, 2009

I used Regcure and it caused problems on my computer as well. I found no way to get a refund and read the forums and was flipping out that I had been robbed. They said safecart was no help either... I just got off of the phone with Safecart and they gave me a refund, no questions asked. You just have to do it within the 60 day trial period. (safecart said it was 60 days they are offering at the date of this post) So call safecart if you have any trouble getting your refund. incidently, my computer is actually running better now, but I had to turn regcure off because it was working 'too' good and having a delete field day with my files. Here is safecart's number.. I found it on my bank statement... press option [protected] Good luck.

• Wb
    WBMahfood Oct 19, 2009

I just purchased a brand new hp laptop computer and had installed blackberry smartphone software on it before ever using it. I then loaded office 2003 and found that the outlook program would'nt open because of a missing or corrupted MAPI32.DLL file. In researching the problem online I came across a link that offered a free scan of my registry and it was Regcure. After running the scan of my registry I was shocked and amazed when the report showed that my brand new computer had over 400 errors in the registry. I was prompted to buy the Regcure program to clean my registry for only $39.99 or something like that but I thought that something smelt fishy here. Thankfully, I declined their offer to purchase the program and decided to do more research into the reasons for my outlook program not opening up, which I did shortly thereafter. I also continued to investigate the Regcure product as I was skeptical about the amount of errors that it supposedly found on my computer. I fully agree with all the complaints listed herein and hope that these Regcure guys are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.