Resolved RegCure SoftwareRegcure Software killed my PC!

I went on the Internet to find something to improve the poor performance of my computer. Regcure promised to repair all of the problems on my computer, so I purchased it and downloaded the program. After running the program my computer would boot up OK but none of my programs would work. I kept getting messages that said "Winsock2 needs to be installed on this computer" and IHPIPAPI.DLL file is not functioning. When I tried to go to the Internet to report theses problems I discovered that I was no longer able to access the Internet. I am not a computer geek so I depend on the products I purchase from the Internet to maintain my computer. I am making this report on my son’s computer since mine no longer works. I went online to [protected]@regcure.com and reported my problem. I got no response. So I e-mailed them at [protected]@regcure.com and asked them to refund my money. I still have not received a response. I am reporting this in the hopes that I might save some poor sucker from loosing the use of his/her computer as I have.

• Dh
    DH1 Feb 04, 2007

Apparently RegCure ain't all that popular. Been searching for an email to ask for a refund myself and all I've found, so far, are unhappy people who can't get a refund. Their site says "60 day money-back guarantee" but I had no luck in finding that option on any of their sites (unlike "Clean My PC").

I was very careful with their cleaner and had no problems with it but the program itself just won't work anymore (after 2 weeks).

If someone could post an email or phone number for RegCure refunds, that they actually respond to, I'd be grateful.

Thanks

• Dh
    DH1 Feb 04, 2007

UPDATE: There is a form for refunds at: http://www.clickbank.com/customer_service.html if you were billed by them.

MandyC Feb 15, 2007

I got scammed by Regcure I think. I followed a link to get a Free analysis of my computer and it came up with 1111 things that needed fixing but said that the free version would only fix the fonts and temp files (well I can do that myself) so just out of interest as to what they charge I followed the Buy Now link. It said $29 so I worked out that was about £15 UK. I wasn't sure so, stupidly, I clicked on buy with Paypal (because Paypal usually give you the UK conversion) anyway the outcome was that I found I had paid for it plus $5.75 tax which came to £18 UK.

I know I was stupid to go that far when I had no intention of buying it - I just kept waiting for Paypal to tell me what the UK price was but then it was too late and they never did!!

I haven't had any problems with it but I find it difficult to understand why if I run it several times it comes up with more errors when it says it has fixed them all? I run Regcure, it says Errors Fixed, then I run it again and there are still more errors even though I haven't opened or run any other programs.

Also, it says I have only bought the license for 1 year which I thought it was a one-off payment.

Regcure also seem to have a total monopoly of Google, having put in all the keywords like scam, etc. themselves - I had to go through 6 pages of Google to find this link because all the others lead directly back to Regcure.

I feel angry with myself for being so stupid and getting sucked in.

• 1g
    1guest Feb 18, 2007

I installed RegCure 4.6 to fix long delays during Windows start-up. Not only it did NOT fixed them, it also messed up the registry, now I am unable to run BootVis.

Additionally I can report following problems after running RegCure:
    Changed display settings (screen saver, appearance, effects)
    Changed windows explorer settings (folder options, also no longer can I resize “open file” window)
    Changed internet connection settings
    Changed Media player setting (can’t play *.vnw and *.mp3 files)
    WinZip no longer functional

I noticed these things within hours after running RegCure. And I suspect the list of problems will grow much bigger and most likely will force me to reinstall windows.

I can also confirm what MandyC says above: RegCure comes up with new errors after saying it has fixed all errors.

I do not recommend this software. I would not install it on my computer ever again (even if you paid me).

• Do
    Donna L Armstrong Feb 23, 2007

I purchased Regcure package for $39.90 yesterday, put in license number given when order was complete, kept giving invalid number, wrote to Regcure , they replied by saying they would get back to me yesterday, no one did.

So I want you to credit my money back to my account and I'll just go to Walmart or Office Max and purchase my kit from them.

I am not happen with being left without a response, not good for business in my opinion.

• Ke
    Kevin Mar 02, 2007

Regcure is not recommended. I get an error message 1706 when I run Regcure and then reboot, and there is another error "PanoStandalone" which has to do with HP photo software. I had to uninstall and then reinstall the HP software in order to fix this. This happened again, so somehow Regcure affects some installed programs. I assume the problem will be bigger when you have a computer with more programs on it. I also e-mailed Regcure multiple times with NO RESPONSE. How disappointing. I will try the http://www.clickbank.com/customer_service.html link to see if I can get my money back. on top of all of this, my computer actually runs a little slower on some sites, such as Amazon.com.

• Mo
    Mortimer Price Mar 09, 2007

I have had numerous problems with 2 PCs ever since I purchased & installed a 2 user license of RegCure this morning. The problems are the same on both PCs - messages with programs that are looking to be installed, other programs no longer working.

I should have known better - At the very least any software that modifies Windows Registry entries MUST offer to make a backup of the Registry before it makes any changes. It seems RegCure assumes that it knows all the possible permutations & combinations of program installations & registry updates they make - and then believes, WITHOUT ANY SAFEGUARDS, it can just make changes itself & everything will work better.

I have come across several forums & noticeboards complaining about this product - most well hidden by the publisher's decision to use all possible complaint terms in its on-line marketing. Given the issues with the prouct I have to assume this is a deliberate ploy. If they were a drug company some people would be very ill by now with mounting law suits in the wings.

For anyone who want to speak directly to "Pareto Logic" - the publishers of the software - their details are:

Pareto Logic
    1827 Fort St.
    Victoria, BC Canada, V8R 1J6
    Phone: 250-370-9229

Please post any results / response from the company.

I will be calling them as soon as their office opens.....

• Ri
    Richard Warmington Mar 13, 2007

Add another dissatisfied customer to the list!!

It doesn't work. The online support doesn't support. And RegCure seems to act as a "dialer" on my PC.

Now removed - and good riddance!!

• Sy
    Sylvia Stanley Mar 22, 2007

I fully agree with the complaints about RegCure. It did nothing for me. My PC - a Dell Laptop running Windows XP - used to take 4 minutes to start up. After running RegCure the PC now takes 5 minutes to start up. All my programs run just as slowly as before. Each time I reboot RegCure says that I have new errors in my PC. I spent over 36 USD (including European Value added Tax) on this software and it hasn't helped me at all.

• Hu
    HuwD Mar 28, 2007

It sounds like my problem has saved my pc. I have paid for the program by pay pal but i haven't got a license code so i can't use the dam thing. I normally really check out products before i buy them but was having serious problems with the pc so was desperate to get it sorted. Never again. I will now have to go through the hassle of getting my money back from paypal.

• En
    Entropy Apr 04, 2007

Regcure is VERY shady company. They seem to be pumping all their efforts into their marketing team and not in their product or customer service for that matter. This is made most obvious by the fact that they seem to be using a common mis-directing marketing tactic by 'Google-Juicing' (see Wiki entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_juice) their main web page and several fake self-promoting 'software review' web pages owned by them so that any unsuspecting individual will see these pages first in a given google search. We could, of course with enough people involved, return the favor by entering in thousands of google search requests for 'regcure' (etc.) and then selecting this review page from the results. With enough effort, this page will start creeping to the top of the search list hopefully warning others.

• Pa
    Paul Celli Apr 08, 2007

Ran RegCure and had to reinstall windows. I run XP Pro x64 version and it fubar'd it completely. I'm going to follow the get my money back link above and clean it the old fashioned way.

• Do
    doobieDoo Apr 08, 2007

For all anyone who like get revenge, this is the way :

1-Share your regcure exe file with purshased serial in a P2P client.
    2-send your serial number to a warez board.
    3-send an e-mail that you will do this thing if the will not give you back your money.

I'm sure if you do one of 2 first thing, you will get your revenge :-)

• Ji
    Jim Feil Apr 10, 2007

RegCure is as bad as everyone says it is. Avoid it like the plague. Total waste of money with no contact info or phone number available. I have 4 words for them: US Attorney General's Office

• Ri
    Ricardo L.Mandil Apr 10, 2007

Two days ago i bought the software regcure, the price publish was 29,90 dollars, when i received the charge in my Visa was 39,90.- I dont now why, it seam to me that I was cheated. Immediately I sent a mail
    complaining but no answer. I believed in a respected company?

• Cu
    Curt Bostic Apr 11, 2007

Regcure company did nothing for me other than make sure i had to put in my recovery cd and start over what a joke if i knew who to sue i would. Just because i cant stand a liar and a thief... I wished i had a phone # all i can say is save your money there crooks... Whats sad is i do not know how to get ahold of these people.

• Pa
    Patricia King Apr 17, 2007

Paid to regcure download on my xp windows not satisfied with service.

• Ge
    Georges Beausoleil Apr 17, 2007

J'ai fait l'installation de Regcure il y a une semaine et maintenant a chaque utilisation il m'indique que j'ai trop d'installation et que mon numéro clé n'est pas bon . J'ai essayé de communiquer avec Regcure mais je n'ai jamais de réponse.

• De
    Del W. Wray Apr 18, 2007

Sub: Doesn't work made my system XP Inoperative

Purchased RegCure Online, downloaded and ran, it caused my system to freeze, could not properly turn off, had to unplug and reboot an use the Restore program. Have emailed 4 times no response, tried to contact ClinkBank and they too are not responding. Information they gave to contact them is bogus.

• Na
    Natalie Apr 18, 2007

I too purchased regcure online that lead me to believe there was a special offer of $9.99 so i proceeded with the payment which then turned into $39.90. I contacted them via there email [email protected] and within a few hours got an email apologizing for the miscommunication. I received my refund within 1o days through paypal so there is a light at the end of the refund tunnel. Good luck to all (while i used it in the mean time it did slightly improve my pc but slightly is not worth $40).

• Ga
    Gavin Apr 19, 2007

I, to now will never install Regcure it just said was "Error Starting Regcure, a required .DLL file, MSIMG32.DLL was not found" And since it didn't work all it did was use up hard drive space

• Ka
    Kathy M. Apr 23, 2007

I used the free download of Regcure. It surely worked for them!! I can no longer even to get my Norton Antivirus to work properly. Also, I can find no way to uninstall this product. Please don't mess up your computer, like I did, by believing everything you read.

• Je
    Jeanie Apr 23, 2007

• Mi
    Michael Park Apr 24, 2007

After running scan & won't boot up correctly. Said access to windowssystem32configsystemprofiledesktop denied. Did backup still same error.

• Ro
    Ron Hayes Apr 24, 2007

I wish I had read this before I installed Regcure. I now submitted a request for a refund (04/24/07) through Clickbank, let's see how long it takes.

• Ee
    Eejjah Apr 29, 2007

I'm using Regcure 1.3.0.2 but I did not buy it... I downloaded it with the crack. I have XP and... fortunately... haven't experienced (yet?) the problems I'm reading here. My first Regcure scan reported more than 600 problems and allowed it to fix them all. I then rebooted and everything went fine. My next scan reported fewer problems and have been using it for more than a week now without anything to complain about. All my applications work and my reboot is faster (i think). Am I just lucky... or a cracked copy just works better? LOL...

• Sh
    Shalah Apr 30, 2007

I too have been using Regcure and I'm a satisfied camper here. I'm surprised about the problems I'm reading here because I've never had one. I also have Registryfix but it's not finding the errors that Regcure does. Good luck to all...

Charles E. Jones May 05, 2007

Regcure Spyware is program was to make computer work faster but slows it down. This electronic costs 39.00$ it was payed by credit card. This product should not be on the market it is a disgrace. Help me get my money back. They dont even offer a telephone to call and talk about the product.

• Bi
    Billy Brett May 10, 2007

I also purchased regcure online and i was convinced that is was this great big thing until i purchased it and found out it really did not work. I bought it for $9.99 and then my payment turned into $39.90. I am not satisfied.

• Ra
    Ray Holton UK May 10, 2007

I too paid $39.90 (oh yes, plus $6.98 of your American tax) for RegCure, after seeing it recommended on RegistryCleanerComparisons.com, which I now suspect is sponsored by RegCure...

Like everyone else, it found a few hundred problems. But the next time I turned on my PC - no fonts, except Martlett! You try reading anything in Martlett. A friend who knows what goes on inside these machines delved and found that the Registry Key for the fonts was completely missing (technos will understand that, I didn't really). Anyway, he reinstalled it, and I have uninstalled RegCure, as it decided that I didn't need fonts...

All I have to do now is get my money back from an outfit called ClickBank. They're not sponsored by RegCure, are they?

• Ov
    oVeRcLoCkEd May 17, 2007

I have used the full version of this unsafe software... It is not the average computer user tool for reg clean... When i used it i backed up my reg, ran the software and rebooted... Guess what!!! Nothing but reg issues with no games working internet issues + some other niggle things...

Restored my back up reg and no more probes... Regcure is now erased and i use RegScrubXP which i have used for many years with no problem.

YOU WANT A KAFFED UP PC THEN USE THIS VERY POOR QUALITY SOFTWARE!

• Br
    brenda jones May 19, 2007

All this program did for me was tell how many problems I had and that they fixed them... lol. After the fix ran scan again and more problems. No improvement to my pc at all. Just got done reloading windows and all my programs. One word for this program is ripoff. Want my money back but not holding my breath.

• Ra
    Ray Holton UK May 21, 2007

Just to add, got my money back about 12 hours after asking ClickBank for it, after telling them RegCure was rubbish. Perhaps they already knew...

Matthew Blaine Theriot May 22, 2007

I got a contact number from my credit card company of all places. I contacted the company through this number and received a full refund.

800-390-6035

Good Luck,
    Blaine.

• Fr
    Frank Orza May 23, 2007

RegCure screwed up my computer - big time! It rendered my ability to print from one of my computers to a networked printer. Microsoft is still trying to figure out the problem.

Never again.

• Ga
    Garry Proctor May 30, 2007

I purchased regcure and regfix for $9.99 but was charged $39.99. I installed it on my computer and from that moment on i had nothing but trouble and i mean trouble in the end i had 2 do a total reinstall that cost me another £35 from a local computer shop, I've tried 2 get in contact with them but with no success all together I'm out of pocket by £65 what a rip off, all i want is a refund.

• Db
    D Brydon Jun 01, 2007

Hi All,

Same story as all above, they stuffed up my computer! I've contacted [email protected] and relieved this email back... lets wit and see I'll give them a week then I'll post again. Its 01 june 07.

Thank you for submitting your question to the RegCure support team. Your
    question will be reviewed by our support team and will be answered in the order it was received. Please do not reply to this email.

For future reference your support question has been assigned TicketID:
    CMO-******. Please ensure any email correspondence regarding this question has the Ticket ID in the subject line.

If you would like to track the status of your question go to

Support Registration Information:
    Email: *************@hotmail.com
    Password: **********

For all other inquiries please visit our support area of our website at
    http://support.regcure.com where you can view our top FAQs and knowledge base articles.

RegCure Support Team.

• Db
    D Brydon Jun 01, 2007

Call the below number they said they'd refund my money in 3-5 working days... Hurray power to the people!!! I'll let you all know if I get the money. Good luck.

38 days ago by Jeanie [send email]
    I have a phone number for you. It's for ClickBank who handles the transaction. 1-800-390-6035.

• Li
    Lisa Jun 04, 2007

Pls only ask your credit card company (or relevant source) for a refund. Victims must be careful not to click on any unknown link to enter your bank details.

Regcure sounds very similar to DriveCleaner, they both report a long list of inaccurate but scary errors so that victims would fall for it.

I hear how people get scammed everyday. Scamming is big business. We can't stop scammers and spammers alike, but we can wise up to protect ourselves.

• Ka
    Kagan Heater Jun 06, 2007

I recently purchased Regcure in a last ditch effort to fix some problems I had been having with my laptop. I also had the special $9.99 offer but got billed for $39.90. I soon found out that my problem was something easy to fix and that Regcure did nothing to help my computer. Furthermore, I was suspicious of anything that wanted to change my registry without first making a backup. Thankfully I uninstaller it before it could do any harm and managed to get a full refund from Click bank.