Raymour and Flaniganwhat a horrible little woman

S

What a horible little person>Back inlate nov 07 I purchased theater sitting>needless to say the salesman order the wrong pieces then began to lie about the mistake>Well then this RUDE manager who moves from store to store getes involved, which made matters worse>the set had to be reorder with the correct pieces>This person "Angela' tried to charge me for the mistake that was made by the sales person>. Well I refused to take the order until it was corect>this Angela person was RUDE and continued to harrass me into taken an incomplete order>I was only waiting for the console piece that the salesman said would fit with my theater seating, of couse it did not... I will never shop there again, I belive raymour and Flanigan needs to retrain everyone, including mamangers>I am writing this now because the set has since fallin apart (in home for about 1 year)>Now once again I am in battle to have the set looked and and fixed, the service plan, which was discribed to me incorrectly, is the most difficult service to get thru and have someone to take care of>I have to wait 3 weeks before the techn... comes out to my home>now is that convient>of course not*My advise is to stay away from this store and purchase elsewhere!!! Maria

• Br
    broken floor lamps Jan 23, 2011

i bought a set of walll lamps from Raymour and Flanigan in 2017- upon delivery they were both damage and were unable to be placed on ewall. I immediately returned them but the salaesman told me they were " floor samples" and I could not return them. I had paid cash. They are a horrible company. They lie to their customers. I still have the lamps, and I have not been able to use them since they were purchased. Thosea lamps cost e over $600.00 dollars. They are a fraud

• Lo
    long island rip off Aug 13, 2010

Raymour and Flnigan is rip-off their (3)daydelivery is a lie, I have been waiting a month for 2 chairs and call constantely with no resolution, they never told me the manufacturer had no more chairs but yet they charged my card for them, they did not call me just had me waiting a month. I will never use them again, they claim the sales person called me which was a lie. Not happy with their service would not recommend them to anyone.

Samuel Rennix Mar 29, 2010

We have made multiple purchases from this store over the past few years due to lack of options. In general, it is overpriced junk. We bought a couch that was comfortable for the first year or two, and then the cushions and pillows started to become limp. Both my wife and I work full time and are >175 pounds, so it is not a case of overuse or stretching the physical limits of the couch.

Then, we bought an entertainment center from them. During delivery, they broke one of the legs on the center stand and ignored it happened. When I found it, they said I didn't mention it during delivery (which I could not have done because it happened as they slid it into place and I didn't find it until I was hooking up the television a few days later) so nothing could be done. Replacement was out of the question as they did not offer this model anymore.

Now, we just bought a bedroom set with the promise of no interest until 2017, provided we pay the first bill on time. We did not receive our first bill which prompted me to call customer service. Somehow, they had sent the bill to our address from 2 moves ago, even though they had billed us correctly for the entertainment center at our last residence and delivered to the correct address both times. We finally received out first bill (technically our second, since the first went to the wrong house, which I managed to pay anyway over the phone) and lo and behold, there was interest charged. I called CS again and they said I signed up for No Interest if I pay the entire balance (over $3000) within 30 days. Now I am disputing that.

Also, the salesperson that sold us the bedroom set "no longer works there".

Nice.

• Wo
    Woodstock customer Jan 08, 2010

Ordered a sofabed in November. I was given a date of 12/11 for delivery. They never showed up. Several calls that day led them to finally inform me that it had gone to the wrong warehouse (on Long Island) instead of to the one in Poughkeepsie so it could not be delivered. It took them until 3:30 that afternoon to tell me this. I had taken the day off from work and waited all day. After apologies they said they'd call when it was in the correct warehouse to set up a new delivery. It took more than a week of calls from me to finally find out it was ready. I had been told they would give me a date that would accommodate my schedule as this was for a house two hours north of my home. They then said it could only be delivered on Wed or Fri. I reluctantly agreed to 12/23. I took the day off from work, drove the 2 hours and AGAIN waited all day. AGAIN they did not come. AGAIN it took until 3:30 to find out that it was supposedly damaged and would not be delivered!! They told me that they had left a message that morning to this effect. NO SUCH MESSAGE WAS EVER LEFT. I cancelled the order. I had to go to the original store to get a refund including the delivery charge but no compensation for all the time, tolls, gas and inconvenience that this had cost me. I would never trust them again.

• Le
    letmecry Dec 04, 2009

Feels so good after so many years to buy a new bedroom set .. Spent 4000.00 plus dollars, So excited to have it delivered . And only to a shocking surprise all the furniture is damaged .. Is this the floor model i just bought or a return or what is this sitting in my bedroom . The funny part is i call and they act all in shock .

So i need to wait for a tech to come and look at it . Look at what . ohh to see if the damage can be fixed .. All the nicks and dents and marks what a joke .. And then what... u cant fix it buddy .

Oh but it gets better i got a limited stock set . So mr buddy wont be able to fix this . So theres nothing left, So i have no choice but to pick a new set .. You got to be kidding me right .

• Ol
    oliver88 Sep 13, 2009

Maybe it should be "Paymore and Shenanegens"!

• Ca
    carcha Sep 13, 2009

DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY. I recently went to this store looking for furniture. The sales person begged us to open a line of credit since he gets a kick back from that. We decided not to get the furniture because of issues with shipping dates and asked the sales person to cancel the order. About 3 weeks later, we received a Raymour and Flanigan credit card! Despite the fact that we never signed any paperwork or authorized this account to be opened. I believe this actually amounts to credit card fraud.

• Sh
    shane Apr 07, 2009

Well how do i begin this story***The poor shopping experience that i had at raymour and flanigan's store in Stroudsburg...the sales person was rude, a little old man with glasses who hasd an extremely bad odor>>>>>the experience had gotten worse when we started to discuss pricing and he brought in the blode hared blue eyed devil of a woman who knew nothing and could not make a decision to save her life...I will never BUY from them, Now i understand why my friends said"DON"T shop there

• Ba
    Bannon Dec 26, 2008

I spent $3600 the no intrest is bull I didn't get it either
    Re: A purchase from hell:

Raymour & Flanigan,
    Franklin Mills Store

On Sept. 7, 2017 I purchased a Shelburne king size bedroom set from your Franklin Mills store. When the bedroom set was delivered, I did not see a screwpoint on the headboard sticking up through the top which held the lamp underneath the headboard on. When my husband came home from work that day he noticed it immediately and called the store the customer service told him because I accepted the delivery I can’t return it. I had to give up a one time return policy to have them give me an undamaged headboard. This was a manufacture defect per one of your techs, I found out later. When I purchased the set I told Mike that I wanted this set and the chest. I never received the chest. Mike told me he did not add that to the order and I would have to come to purchase that and would have to pay another $75 delivery charge. When I came in he apologized and told me he will give me the discount of $75 to make up for the mistake. I thanked him and went on my way. That weekend we set the bed up. We discovered the base is incorrect. The drawers should be at the bottom and the empty panel at the headboard per the R&F website imagine. The footboard also does not line up with the pre-drilled holes that the manufacture had made. The one I have now has the drawers at the headboard leaving me unable to access the two drawers. I called the store to speak with Mike he told me to just move the nightstand when I need to access them. I told him the nightstand was heavy and hard to move. He told me to leave enough room between the two so I can access it. according to the direction their is a right and left base. I had to wait 3 wk. for a tech to come out and agree it was the wrong side and I showed him the directions, he drew a diagram and I signed it. I got a call saying the drawer base will be delivered. I took the day off and when it was delivered the person said it’s them same one that I have now. I paid over $3600.00 for this set it was not a floor model nor an outlet item. Finally they said they will special order the base. They Finally ordered the correct base On 12/15 I got a call and was told the base was in. On 12/20 I was told the base was badly damaged and there will not be a delivery today. I could of cried. Till this day 12/26/2017 I have not received the correct drawer base.

When I received my bill that I financed through Wells Fargo and it had finance charges on it of $75. I called and spoke to Cust. Service and they told me that because the items were made on different days I was not eligible for the 2017 no interest charge. It should of been made on one day but Mike never placed the order correctly. On 12/20 I received my bill again and the finance is still there.
    I called them again and was told the manager is now gone to redo the bill and charge me reg. price for the bedroom set. I told the women I didn’t receive a sale price. She told me I will be charged for the special order base charge and the full cost of the chest with two delivery charges which would come to $4119.00 then, I can have no financing till 2017 “she said because see SWEETIE you can’t have them both”. I can’t believe how I have been treated. My husband wants the set out of the house because of the way he was treated. I was not rude with them. I love this set. After talking to them on 12/20 I agree with my husband, I would also like the bedroom set taken out. I have always brought from R&F. They are a decent business and won’t close there doors tomorrow morning. I could of received this experience from La Donne’ furniture. My mom always brought her furniture from Mealy’s. I will also from this from point on. I am in need of a livingroom set, a childs bedroom set, and a king size mattress. I am sorry to say R&F will not receive my business. I would like the furniture to be picked up I will no longer deal with the store.

• Li
    Linda Cristiano May 29, 2008

I ordered a sleeper sofa at the end of January. It was a special custom order with a coil mattress--which is a regular mattress with an inflatable air mattress built in which needed a pump. I was told because this was a special order it would take approximately 6 to 8 weeks. Upon delivery sometime in the middle of March--it was delivered--with the wrong mattress. I also ordered a matching loveseat--which came--without FEET. I immediately called the store--and was told--that a coil mattress is a special order--NO KIDDING!!! I knew that when I ORDERED IT. It took four weeks of constant calling and being given the run around to finally get the mattress--however, they did not bring the PUMP--which needed in order to inflate my special custom order mattress. I am still waiting for the pump to be delivered. I have been calling and getting the "manager" who is supposed to call back and never does. Warning: DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS STORE.

• Li
    lina elhusseini Apr 01, 2008

i aplaied on line for a credit and i was approved, we went to the store we bought furniture and it was for the deal if you buy over $3500.00 it will be no intrest untill 2017 but under that amount the sales told me it will be no intrest for 12 month. i agreed on the 12 month and we got the furniture. when i got my first statment from wells fargo it was %24.99 intrest, i called them and they said no you have the on your application 12 month intrest free. the next month i got my statment it was adding the intrest rate on the account.icalled wells fargo they said they got that from the furniture store and i have to call them. when i did the customer service told me it will show on my papers what kind of intrest i found out it is only for 20 days intrest free and after that what ever they put .we asked to talk to the manager his name was amir he said that his sales wont do any thing like that, i told him why would i buy something and pay %24.99 if i can get intrest free then he brought the sales person his name is victor and he said i told you it is %2 a day he changed his story and he was talking very loud on the phone and the the manager got back on the phone and i said ill send my complaine to the BBB and ill tell them what hapened he said ill try to see what i can do .keep in mined that no one for the 3Hours we were there have mention any thing about that intrest rate and no body but the sales person talked to us.i know we should have read the fine print but like this i have never seen. PS : when i called wells fargo they told me not to pay and send a complain because my application was with them for no intrest untill 2017. hope you can do any thing for this problem .
    thak you

on there web site it will say no intrest for 2017 or what ever it was whan we bought the furniture.

• Mi
    MIKE GIGANTINO Mar 25, 2008

HELLO, I AM LIVING THIS NIGHTMARE AS WE SPEAK, THEY HAVE BEEN HERE 3 TIMES ALREADY.I HAVE MADE SEVERAL PHONE CALLS AND WHO CALLS YOU BACK? I WILL TELL YOU WHO '' CASPER '' CASPER THE FRIENDLY GHOST. N-O-B-O-D-Y.I WILL TELL EVERYONE I COULD TELL THAT RAY POOR AND SHANAGENS IS THE THE WORST PLACE IN THE WORLD.SIGNED PISSED OFF.

• Ed
    Ed Nov 09, 2007

I agree, and currently work at Raymour... A special order is a special order. It doesn't matter if its a $300 chair or a $20,000 ticket. Sometimes, there are inadvertent errors that I've made and the customer has received their refunds even on a special order. Don't blame R&F for the no fit!

• Mi
    Michelle Jul 11, 2007

I used to work at Raymour. That was a special order and they are not returnable unless they have manufacturer defects. You should have measured your home before you ordered your furniture. What you got the company does not carry in stock and because it was in your home it would have to be discarded as well. It may seem like bad customer service however it would be like buying a new car and trying to bring it back after you used it because it didn't fit in your garage. Anytime furniture is returned or exchanged through Raymour there has to be a manufacturer defect or in the case of platinum protection plan. While I understand your frustration, you as a customer need to understand that had it not fit when it was delivered you should have refused it. Like I said, you can't return a car for a full refund, heck you can't even return some clothing for a full refund. It's a business, and while the company does try to help out their customers, they can't just give money away for things like that.

• Ra
    Rachel Jun 20, 2007

In January of 2017 I ordered a sofa but went with one of several alternate fabric colors. The sofas arrived 2 months later and were too big for my formal livingroom. I visited Raymour's website and called customer service. Because the sofas were "custom" I could not return or exchange. I tried to deal with the furniture for 2 months and because it didn't fit... never used the room.

I finally went into the store and begged them to investigate. The store manager assured me that he would look into it. Two weeks later I called and was directed to the regional manager. The regional manager said he would look into it then called me back a few days later. The regional manager said he'd offer me a 50% markdown to take the furniture back. I asked him if the offer was to discourage me and he said "yes".

What kind of place is this? There is NO service to properly educate customers on this topic. NOTHING is on the website. NOTHING is in their stores. And best of all.. they will offer you some ridiculously low amount to get you to GO AWAY!!

• Al
    Allison S. Pellerin May 21, 2007

Well... It may have taken 3 months to get 4 Chairs, but I ordered my furniture in September of 2017 and I still haven't gotten it yet. I had ordered a complete bedroom set and all I Got From the Levits Furniture store is... My Bed, Nightstand, lamp, Chair, and Hutch. I am Still waiting for my Desk An Entertainment Center!!! So how is that 4 a complaint?!

• Ke
    Kelly Grant May 19, 2007

So... I am NOT alone! Here is my nightmare story with Raymour and Flanigan- June of 2017, I purchased a cafe height dining room table which came with 4 chairs, however I also purchased an additional 4 chairs as the table is square and fits 8. It took 3 months and several deliveries before they even began to get it right. Actually, I was so sick of dealing with the person that called herself a manager, and was more like a rookie that I just accepted the order. I took 4 deliveries (32 chairs later) to get just 8 chairs with little defects, On the first round, someone in the warehouse had literally sawed off the plastic sliders in the bottoms of the feet of each chair. After I refused that entire delivery, the next delivery, the guys brought a chair off the truck that had glue all over it from a huge sticker that was covering the entire seat of the chair (all wood). I told him not to even take it off the truck and he said "Why, we can rub that right off" Do these ###s think that when you buy a chair at $179 each, they should be delivered like that? I told him I paid for NEW furniture and was accepting nothing less... if I wanted that crap, I could have gone to a garage sale! That delivery was also refused in full. Next came 6 phone calls to managers who NEVER returned my calls. Finally after demanding to speak with someone that night, another incompetent "manager" called me back and was quite rude. I had to remind her the cost of my purchase and that we would not be having the conversation at all, if their merchandise was of better quality. She "assured" me that my next delivery would be perfect... you guessed it... it WAS NOT! On the third delivery, which was @ 8:15 pm, instead of 5:30... none of the eight chairs were covered in the truck, so needless to say, when they were brought into my home, 7 out of 8 of them were marked up and had scratches where the finish was worn off. You're going to love this... the delivery man told me not to worry about it... they had a "marking pen" and they would color in the scratched so I wouldn't see them!!!! He then proceeded to indeed "color" my NEW furniture in front of me. I was LIVID. While they were still bringing more pieces off the truck, I was calling the manager to let her know what was going on. Now mind you, in all of this hassle, that continued for 3 months... not once did they try to make anything right. It was blamed on the manufacturer, or the warehouse, but no one seemed to take ownership for the terrible delivery service, customer service or anything else. So in September, I finally accepted less than perfect dining room furniture.

( as I had given away my previous set and was tired of eating from TV trays!) and I am still not satisfied. On Christmas day, while I was eating dinner with my family, one of the rungs on the chair I was sitting on snapped in half. I was resting my feet there... not standing on it or applying any pressure whatsoever. I called Raymours to inquire about their warranty... and lets just say... I still have a broken chair... that they wouldn't even consider replacing. You would think after all of the documented conversations and hassle I had with the store in Syracuse NY, they would have done something to make it right. WRONG!!!

Since then, several screws have fallen out of the chairs. Some that hold the rungs together, some from where the seat is attached to the chair. The set cost approx $1400... so it wasn't cheap, just cheaply made!

So the way I have chosen to deal with the situation is to tell as many people I can of my experience. I will NEVER... as long as I live EVER purchase another piece of furniture from Raymour and Flanigan. There are so many other places that will bend over backwards for your business with better quality merchandise. I am done with their incompetence and rudeness.