Rainbow / Rexaira complete rip off

I just recently bought a Vacuum Cleaner, called Rainbow e2 Black Dimond. It was the biggest mistake that I bought this vac for 2688 and by the time I pay it off it will be more like 4200 +.. The sale's person who did the demo didn't explain everything correctly about the equity program that I can do for 10 weeks and after that I HAVE to sell it to someone within 2 months after that to get the rainbow vac for free. And on top of that get paid $33.34 per demo. So I was like great, the sale's person told me that I have to to buy the rainbow to work and get paid. So after 8 hours of demo I ended up buying the vac just so I could get some extra money. I later found out that I didn't have to buy the vac to work. So on Thursday I bought the Vac and on Tuesday I went to the meeting to find out what I got myselft into. It was too late to return it, so now I am stuck with this $ 4200 vacuum cleaner after I pay it off. They told me like every 3rd person buys it that will add an extra $250 per sale on top as bonus. It turned out that I will be paid $33.34 per demo only for the first week of 10 weeks and after that I have to do at least 5 demos per week plus going to 3 classes of 2.5 hours long 30 mins away from my house to get paid $ 20 per demo plus $50 for gas. So With all that time spent in 2 weeks scheduling demos and going to them and going to clases, I spent almost twice more that I would get paid. In fact this organization is discriminatory. Like I have scheduled someone who lives next door to me and they told me that I can't go to them and do the demo because they are Mexicans. I was like, What??? They came to me but they can't go to my neighboors because they are Mexicans??? They said that they probably won't buy the machine because statistics show that, and so there's no point of going there. They work on 2 jobs and get twice more than I get and they don't qualify because they are Mexicans. So to me it is discrimination against Mexicans. I don't know about other nationalities, but I came accross this one. So I did a huge mistake that I bought the vac in order to work, Plus the are same vacs like these on ebay or craigslist for much cheaper than what they are selling. I asked them why the price is so expensive and they told me that they are paying bonuses and for gifts and for 3 day 2 nights hotel off of that, so that makes it so expensive and also they need some profit off of it. But if you go to them directly they are selling it for $2995 + tax and plus $250 warrantee. So here they don't have to pay away for gifts and for vacations and it is more expensive. When they are advertizing it, they are saying that they give you discount, but that really means they already added everything up first and then they do "a discount" and it comes out $2450 + tax. It is a long commet, but I tried to cover everything...

• Li
    Libby Roberts Nov 01, 2016

I've been checking out the Rainbow system and sales. Not many other vacuum manufacturers give you the chance to earn a little bit extra just for spreading the message.

I agree about the attitude towards Mexicans, and I hope that was one bad seed in the apple. Companies use data, but you can't forget the people involved as well.

http://www.rexairinc.com/ is one link I found for more information on the sales tree.

-Libby Roberts

• Tr
    TruthisFact Aug 24, 2015

Yeah, but not worth the list price, period. If you pay a penny over $1, 500.00 for a complete unit with warranties intact, you love being price-gouged. And btw... we have a Dyson too, and after 2 years of HEAVY use, the air filter still does not required changing, yet.

Just FYI.

• Ad
    Adam C Myers Aug 24, 2015

Just out of curiosity what do you think the mark up on any brand new car is? People are paying 400 to 700 dollars for vacuums such as Dyson, and lots more for brands such as kirby, filter queen, and the German made Miele. Problem is they don't work nearly as well and don't have half the true warranty. You also never really own those vacuums because you always must buy replacement filters. People often wonder why their vacuum stinks it's the mold, mildew and other toxins blowing out of their system. The rainbow may take a little extra effort to use than traditional upright but is well worth the minimal efforts.

• Tr
    TruthisFact Sep 15, 2014

I'm still researching RexAir. We got a free Rainbrite air purifier at a home show and then got the Vacuum demo. We did not buy at first, but may buy later after I negotiate their inflated price down some.

What I can say is the financing IS a trap, no way to finance any vacuum for 4-6 years. But, the damn technology approach REALLY WORKS, and works incredibly well. The silly looking air purifier does such a good job that my wife and I's eye conditions have gone way, tons of silt-dust that filled up our home on a weekly basis every 4 days, now is almost non-existent after two weeks plus.

This water filtration of theirs, rather simple concept and nice engineering, really works, no scam at all, just the price is a rip-off. Nice for RexAir to be a monopoly here I guess. The Vacuum doubles as a major air purifier and when you use essential oils, like Eucalyptus oil you can also alleviate a lot of allergy and sinus issues too.

Our price was to be about $2, 399.00 for a special discount, normal price was allegedly $2999.00 If you finance it, this other guy is correct, it will hit an average of $4, 500.00. No sense in doing that. I did a little research and found out these guys probably produce these units as a business cost around $410.00 per unit. Add marketing, sales commissions, overhead and a decent profit mark, and they should sell for about $1399.00 max. I figured I may offer them $1, 500.00 for multiple units, and see how RexAir takes it.

The sales guy worked his butt off, and the free Rainbrite air purifier we got is our favorite new toy, makes sleeping in our bedroom a real pleasure again, we don't wake up prematurely anymore.

So it's not a scam, but its a losing business model. These guys have a great product, but they need to get serious about public sales. Negotiate them down to about $1, 400.00 - $1, 500.00 if you can, , it's more than worth that, but don't pay more and don't use their financing.