Rainbow Air Purifierscam

S Review updated:

I filled out one of those "contest" drawing boxes calling cards.The type you see in little chick-n-wing in and outs attached to gas stations.I waited for the phone call-came about a week or so later.I won the little "mini" rainbow!I then made an appointment for two gentlemen to come and bring it to us(and to watch a demonstration on the one that is not free).When they came they were very polite and presented us with our prize!They even did a small demo about all the good things it does=very neat!I took my prize into the next room per their suggestion so they could get set up in the main room.They seemed pretty disapointed that we have no carpet and all tile.So they showed us how awesome the big one was and it was pretty awesome but could'nt do better than our floor steamer.They really wanted us to have a vacum cleaner.My wife and I both had little mini orgasms to ourselves every time a look of confusion and disapointment came across their faces.All we had to do was just say no with no explanaition.It got pretty desperate and we made it drag on and on for over three hours!This form of entertainment was way better than dinner and a movie-We got to stay home and eat an awesome dinner that I made in front of a couple of clowns trying to perform circus tricks for our enjoyment-And they bring me a free gift!I kept going in the other room to marvel my prize and eat my food.He even called back today about some names I pulled out of my ### to put on a "friends" list.I just told him dude I was drunk as hell last night I have no idea -and then came in my pants a little as I hung up.I will put my name in the box again-And see if we can do this again.

Sandy Whitaker Jun 28, 2021

I used to sell rebuilt rainbows, I knew it was a great product. I've recently had one demonstrated (I sold 25 years ago). It's an even greater product. I'm put off the higher price and sad that it's beyond our means. The lady who demonstrated was kind, (sometimes funny) and it was an enjoyable evening. My hubby said, "I will come out of the bedroom to make it legal for the demo, but then I'm going back" He stayed for the whole thing. We were not expecting the updated price therefore we had to pass on purchasing one. Sorry

• Tl
    tluv30 Aug 16, 2019

won a humidifier from this company - was told someone has to come out to deliver, but INSIST my husband has to be there - I advised that we own a company and he is busy, but would try to have him there. Appointment set - urgent call came in for husband to meet customer and had to leave - Rainbow rep came in and said she was doing a demo that would take an hour - told her I was not advise of that and that I dont have an hour since it is a busy morning. She states company policy is that both spouse MUST be present to see demonstration or she cant give me my gift. Told her the entry was in my name only, I confirmed the information, and obviously I am a legit person as she came to my company. I asked her did I actually win a prize? But can not release it since she can not give a live demonstration for the larger product she is trying to sell. Clearly I didn't win anything since I have to see a live demo that must have both spouses watching - Rainbow wasted her/my time.

• Ha
    haterainbow Dec 14, 2017

They sell the same type of water filtration vacuum at Bed Bath and Beyond for only $99. I own a Rainbow and it is not what they make it out to be. Snake oil sales. lol

• Ro
    Roni Elmore May 11, 2017

I have no problem with scrupulous sales. The thing I experienced with Rainbow, too, was the dishonesty. IF a company has to resort to unscrupulous methods then in my book they are desperate and telling a different story than the one the customer thinks s/he is buying.

• Er
    Eric1000 May 05, 2017

I guess what rainbow should do is just give them away since nobody seems to have a clue how much it cost to run a business. There is no advertising cost however the marketing does cost a lot of money. Those little rainmate boxes cost the distributor lots of money along with overhead. Truthfully $1, 500 out of the total cost of a rainbow goes to overhead. Including dealer cost. So at the end of it the distributor does make a lot of money.

• Er
    Eric1000 Mar 20, 2017

You signed a contract for 2948, if you make 36 payments then you will have paid a total of 4053. Tell me when the bank gives away free money? And I haven't seen a new model Rainbow for 1, 000 or less, maybe if you're lucky you may find one. You did agree to it you just didn't pay attention. I bought one and wrote a check to avoid the finance charge, but theven finance charge is the price you pay for not being able to just buy it. Nobody scammed you, if they did then it would be on the news and broadcasted. You are just upset because you didn't get your way... Rainbow is expensive, but if you want junk then go buy another vacuum cleaner, they all have the exact same filters inside them. They're all the same. It cost lots of money to run a business in America. Plus, you don't seem to complain when you spend 30, 000.00 on a car that's worth 15, 000. You buy it then 3 days later the value has dropped drastically. Cars are money pits, rainbows last 30 years.

• Je
    Jesika04 Feb 18, 2017

I bought the vacuum and agreed to the $2900 price. A month later I find out the company took out a $4000 loan under my name for the product. I did not consent to the $4000 loan for a vacuum. The company did not disclose that information. When I stated that i did not consent to the $4000 price and that they can take their machine back they stated they will not and that they will be putting it on my credit. Its a scam. Dont waste your money. You can get the whole system online for less than $1000.

Angryone10 Aug 30, 2017

@Jesika04 I had so many eye opening experiences with this go4it program. I am completely disgusted with their lies! I agreed to the visit, we liked it, agreed to the program, and completed this scam, while unintentionally scamming our friends and family. There was incorrect information given during the demo, and during half of the 12 demos I sat thru. They make up stuff, ...you can bring us TO any house..lie! They don't communicate with their representatives. At the end of my program, I had 2 sales, and 1 couple that chose the go4it program. They told me a couple didn't count, 2 didn't have "Aline credit"I will have to redo them, and get another one sold...I'm the fool!!!They are cheating me and making a load of money off of a lot of hard working people. While they are getting my money, and my friends are selling/scamming their family and friend., these dealers are flying across the country enjoying themselves off of our money..they will reap what they sow...I'm seeking legal advice..angry and will not allow them to steal anymore! CYA

• Td
    Tdog11! Jul 18, 2016

I just accepted a full-time position as marketing director for one of the rainbow offices. I have been in sales my whole life but would never sell anything to a customer that i didnt believe in or was passionate about. 95% of my job is spent on the phone setting demo appointments for the dealers. These leads are generated by the potential customer during the demonstration. And when an appointment has been set by me it is given to the same dealer who did the rainbow demo, took the time to get the referrals from the potential customer, and worked hard at generating qualifying leads. My job is to reward that dealer for their hard work by setting a promising appointment that has a high potential of becoming a sale. I am fair, honest, and ethical and yes i make a financial % of their sale for setting the appointment but by booking the dealer a promising appointment I am financially helping the Dealer as well. Not to mention giving potential customers an option to live in a healthier environment by supplying cleaner air than what they are currently breathing in and are surrounded with. There is not one part of what i do that does not help somebody else or produce an end result that is not positive. So all u people who think that all sales people are bull**** artists can go screw!!

• To
    Tony Rowley May 02, 2016

As an owner of a rainbow office I know that the salesman just didn't take names as they are trained to prove these names are legit before handing over the free mini rainbow.

Mary Pablate Jan 08, 2015

Well, you can read reviews on 21stReviews before you buy any product so that you can better understand the features of product.

• Bo
    @BonBon Mar 03, 2014

I agree with Concerned individual, the Rainbow is a really awesome product. It has helped me tremendously with my allergies inside my house and my car. I use to have really bad allergies during the winter months, but I don't have those issues any longer. It cleans very well, I'd say 1000x better than any air purifier/vacuum I have use in my life. The air feels definitely cleaner when I leave it on. I am really grateful I found something like this. I didn't mind the demo at all and really enjoyed watching it. It was entertaining and I bought one and my parents bought one. There is nothing like this on the market.

• 1c
    1 Concerned individual Sep 25, 2012

Rainbow is a very good product and helps people and their families live healthier lives. My best friend is a nurse and she told me that 1 TBSP of dust, dust mite poo can literally kill you. Not only does this product help create a cleaner environment it creates jobs for people struggling in an unsteady economy. Think about this people!!! Great product to help you be more healthy and create jobs. A win-win for everybody. You buy a car and you find a selling point from this salesman...so be kind to the salesman trying to help you in your life!

maddie65 Oct 10, 2011

Wow! @ smartyp4nts' comment. I'm a single mom who's a salesperson. I don't sell vacuum cleaners but you're cruel, mean, and ugly! These people have to put food on their tables and for you to act like that is terrible. Karma is a [email protected]#$%. God will get you. Then we'll all be laughing at you.

• Dr
    DrewBoy57 Jun 25, 2011

This complaint is not about a Rainbow air purifier. It is about the tactics of some vacuum cleaner salesmen. Let's be fair and file this complaint with the vacuum cleaner company.

• Kl
    klee002 Jan 15, 2011

I enjoy my air purifier, it works great. The fact that you "tortured" those guys trying to do their job shows your maturity level. Grow up, people have to earn a living some how, even at if it's not the most ideal career.