QVC.commy account cancelled by qvc

D Review updated:

DO NOT BUY FROM QVC.com-I was a loyal customer for 15years at least. Have a lot of jewelry, household products, clothing products
etc spent tens of thousands over the years. Then I order garden plants a few years ago. They all arrived dead. I called customer service and offered to send all these dead plants shipped way earlier than they should have been. Customer service told me that they don't accept perishable items back to just throw them out. Shockingly, I ordered a different type item in Spring on was told my account had been suspended for too many returns of perishable items. I explained that these items arrived dead and I would have been happy to return them for evidence if necessary. It was a pain to have all these boxes to bundle up and dead plants in the garbage.
Then about a week later I got a letter from QVC Headquarters telling me I will permanently be bared from shopping with them.
I was angry, but never looked at there shows again. A few weeks ago (after 3 years) a friend of mine, a Jewelry designer had her showing on QVC. I called customer service and ordered a very special piece. They opened a new account for me and gave me a new customer member number. The next time I looked at my order status I couldn't access my account (account suspended was written across the top of the screen). I had also order a small item that I did receive and naturally was billed for. So, when my friend was on again I ordered an item no longer available for my birthday present. The order went through and I put a few other items on a wish list.
The next day I went to check when my item might ship. Once again, Account Suspended!
So much for self proclaimed Great Customer Service. How can you have a double standard. Items are returnable with no questions asked thirty day guarantee for some customers not all. SHAME ON YOU, QVC are thieves.

• Pp
    PPean Dec 16, 2014

I think that there are a lot of people today who are out to get something for nothing. I agree that QVC used to have good quality merchandise but now a days, all stores have poor quality merchandise for very high prices. Everyone is out to get your money for the least that they can give you. QVC has to turn a profit somehow and they do this by selling the items that are sent back and used by some customers to other customers as NEW when they are not. I have ordered several items that were clearly used (handbags with hair brushes left inside) and I had to return them. I don't know what other people carry in their purses and I don't want any diseases from them. I think that their refund policy needs to be changed and that people need to be more honest and not soooo greedy. If an item has been used, it cannot be returned (just as brick and mortar stores do). Buy only what you can afford and need. I don't think that anyone needs multiples of the same item and I see a lot of people ordering several of the same item. They use them for 30 days and return them to be sold to some other poor unsuspecting person. I have ordered food from QVC and only once did I have to call and that was due to the USP man sitting the package in an ant hill. If you don't like the food when you order it, don't call and say it was bad to get a refund, just be more selective in what you order. Stop making in hard for the people who do try to do things the honest way.

• Do
    Don'tBeAnIdiot Dec 16, 2014

You don't sound like a whiner, which is atypical of this site. The fact that you offered an immediate return of perishable items would only serve to strengthen your case. However, it is reasonable to assume that a dedicated horticulture vendor is a better idea than using QVC, which by connotation alone reeks of substandard garbage. Good luck.

joeyjoseph Aug 20, 2016

I was told I return too many items from QVC and also that if you cancel something (to avoid their exorbitant shipping fees coming and going), it counts as a return. Ordered a Calista Tools brush that got stuck in my hair after it grew back subsequent to chemo and had to get it all cut off again -- they conveniently lost the product that I sent back so it could not be examined. I have received broken jewelry, a Dooney & Bourke bag that looked like it was run over by a car, and plants that were dead before planting. Besides that, I purchased a $600 foam bed that lasted less than a year and I had to pay for it, a printer that didn't work right and a $400 inversion table, but I guess that's all forgotten. Maybe I should have ordered food, ate it all and got a credit without even sending it back as I am sure many people do. I have had a balance every month on my Qcard but they are not satisfied with a good paying customer -- the Qcard bank just upped my credit limit because I have stellar credit -- oh well, I guess they would rather sell to people who buy everything, keep it no matter what and don't pay their bill (or have to be dunned to pay it). I am tired of their policies and their smiley hosts who tell you that you can return it "Love it or send it back" -- total BS -- also, I wonder what will become of all those Wen girls who have a class action lawsuit for losing their hair when QVC is still selling it. God forbid your hair falls out and you send it back!

• Ba
    barbydoll May 28, 2018

I got a QVC account and I moved, I had to change banks because ours was not supported in Texas. I tried notifying everyone that my banking account had changed it took two or more weeks to get checks and credit card, They did not want to hear it. I paid off what I owed and forgot about it.

Annette Ryder Apr 14, 2019

I had the same unexpected experience with QVC, the shopping experience and CS were excellent. After 20 years shopping at QVC, the unexpectedly suspended my account w/o notice, charged my account twice after I had paid and called about it several times. I went ahead and cancelled my account. QVC has really changed. Sad. I loved shopping at QVC. The world turns.

• Gr
    Greenie133 Jun 11, 2019

@Annette Ryder similar thing happened to me, I think it's odd that they cancel you forever even when you return the product and don't owe them money. Mine was I sent it back 31 days instead of 30 days so they wanted me to pay for boots that were not in my possession, I told them I'd pay a restocking fee but not for the boots because they had them back and resold them. Their policies are very strange. I've moved to HSN but miss some of the brands on QVC like Issac M.

• Be
    Betty Teadead Apr 29, 2019

Obligated "Employee but not speaking on the behalf of the company" statement but I feel like I should say something. Accounts do get closed when there's a high amount of returns. But only after 3 warnings, and only when you've returned over 75% of what you've purchased. (From entire order history)

It's an automatic shutdown from the system and doesn't happen over a few plants. I feel bad this happened to you, I get it can be hard to keep track of your order history if it spans over years. I hope you find a better shopping experience elsewhere.

• Sp
    SparkleQueen82 Jul 20, 2019

@Betty Teadead Why did they investigate my account because I didnt recieve an order that said delivered AND then I had an order that had missing stuff- I sent it back.

• Cc
    ccmm103 Oct 29, 2019

@Betty Teadead They closed my account also and then, I guess guilt by association, my mother and sister's accounts. We have shopped with them for over 20 years. They say nothing but "I'm sorry". Banned for life and basically to say good luck elsewhere, it's ridiculous. Sorry they cannot work with customers that have had to return items or have had hard times and have taken a longer time to paid off items.

• Je
    JEShowers Sep 19, 2019

I was a customer with QVC since it's inception and have never had an issue with my account nor with my QVC Credit Card Account. In June 2019 for unforeseeable reasons I was forced to file a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy which DID NOT include my QVC credit card since the account was paid in full/closed. I went to make a purchase with QVC on or about 09/14/19 and noticed that my previous order history was gone so I decided to wait before making the purchase until I could contact QVC. I contacted QVC on 09/19/19 via online chat was advised that my account was permanently closed because I filed a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy June 2019 and that the account COULD NOT be reopened. There was no communication received from QVC on their decision to permanently close my account nor was there good cause for QVC to close my account since my account had ALWAYS been in good standing.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices