Menu
Home Home & Garden QVC my account cancelled by qvc

QVC  -  my account cancelled by qvc

D
Author of the complaint
10:56 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

DO NOT BUY FROM QVC.com-I was a loyal customer for 15years at least. Have a lot of jewelry, household products, clothing products
etc spent tens of thousands over the years. Then I order garden plants a few years ago. They all arrived dead. I called customer service and offered to send all these dead plants shipped way earlier than they should have been. Customer service told me that they don't accept perishable items back to just throw them out. Shockingly, I ordered a different type item in Spring on was told my account had been suspended for too many returns of perishable items. I explained that these items arrived dead and I would have been happy to return them for evidence if necessary. It was a pain to have all these boxes to bundle up and dead plants in the garbage.
Then about a week later I got a letter from QVC Headquarters telling me I will permanently be bared from shopping with them.
I was angry, but never looked at there shows again. A few weeks ago (after 3 years) a friend of mine, a Jewelry designer had her showing on QVC. I called customer service and ordered a very special piece. They opened a new account for me and gave me a new customer member number. The next time I looked at my order status I couldn't access my account (account suspended was written across the top of the screen). I had also order a small item that I did receive and naturally was billed for. So, when my friend was on again I ordered an item no longer available for my birthday present. The order went through and I put a few other items on a wish list.
The next day I went to check when my item might ship. Once again, Account Suspended!
So much for self proclaimed Great Customer Service. How can you have a double standard. Items are returnable with no questions asked thirty day guarantee for some customers not all. SHAME ON YOU, QVC are thieves.

More QVC complaints & reviews

QVC - customer service and service not what it used to be
QVC - misleading/dlatantly false shipping estimates
QVC - screwed me twice
QVC - customer service/account management
QVC - hold on bank acct
QVC - scam
14 comments
D
Dec 16, 2021 2:48 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Well, I feel so much better to know that I am not the only QVC customer whose account has been closed without warning. Mine was closed last week because I had ordered the item via automated system (machine), then quickly checked customer reviews of the item (which were very poor and warning others not to make the purchase), and immediately cancelled the order within 90 minutes of original call. The item was the HALO generator for the home; the live presentation was late at night and the hosts really pushed the HALO with special financing on the Q-card. I have 2 of the HALO car starter electrical chargers for several years and love them; unfortunately, too many negative reviews of the generators told me to cancel the order and I did. I never had problems with any previous cancellation and I even called Customer Service in the morning to verify the cancellation.

About three weeks later, the Fedex driver delivers a giant carton with no markings or indications of what it was nor from whom. He peeked in the shipping carton and saw the name HALO. I told him it had been cancelled and I did not want it, period. The driver was very nice and offered to handle the return (package refusal) for me; I am disabled & couldn't possibly physically maneuver that carton. I asked if I had to sign anything authorizing refusal or whatever; the Fedex driver said no and he left with the package. That was the entire story.

Now, QVC is holding me responsible for $1079.98 for the Halo generator which they say was never returned. The Fedex driver took the package and said he would take care of it, and that's it. I have no proof for something that I had cancelled three weeks earlier. Synchrony Bank told me that I should pay my regular QVC bills but not the $1079.98 until the investigation is completed.

I have been with QVC since they started 30+ years ago (I'm also a longtime HSN customer) and now they are treating me like a criminal. On top of closing my account, the representative told me that they found four QVC accounts in my name. What? No way, unless change of email addresses is considered to be separate accounts. Reading so many other similar complaints makes me think that QVC is no longer as organized, proficient, interested, nor capable of running such a mammoth enterprise. Oh well, I'll save a lot of money...

S
Mar 09, 2022 2:15 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

QVC recently did the same thing to me. They closed my account without warning or explanation. When I pushed them for an answer they said there was another account at my address where money was owed. Not possible I told them. The address I lived at was new construction and I moved there when it was brand new. No one had ever occupied it but me. They were extremely unhelpful and unwilling to try and get this sorted out. I still have some easy pays with them and I can't even access my account anymore to see my items or payments. I was a loyal customer for many years (from the CVN) days and have spent THOUSANDS of dollars with QVC. In my opinion they are an irresponsible and unreputable company. I'm not sure what kind of deceitful trickery they have started engaging in.

Even if they re-opened my account I would not do business with them.

F
Oct 18, 2020 2:15 pm

I was a QVC customer for 20 years. When I lost my job unexpectedly, I contacted QVC to see if I could make arrangements to pay my account for a lesser amount each month until I became employed again. I was told that was not possible to do. After no one would work with me, I was forced to file bankruptcy in 2016. Years later after I had continued to place order and payments were deducted from my banking account with perfect flex pay history-never a missed payment, my account was cancelled. No reason was given. I could not even pull QVC up on my computer. I 2020, I received an email from QVC telling me they missed me and requested I come back. I was able to bring up the site and they approved a $1, 400 credit card for me. I returned 2 items since opening, purchased many, many more. One item from Jimmy the Baker arrived with one side of the cinnamon rolls unsealed. How they even left his business is unbelievable! What kind of quality control do they have? So I purchase 6 Comfy's to complete my Christmas shopping and my account is cancelled.; The order was cancelled. I owe nothing in current payment due and have a $150.00 payment pending. Why did they wait years to cancel my account after I filed bankruptcy? Why did they invite me to come back and shop with them? Why did they approve a credit card with a high limit (I have $185.00 on this credit card at present time).They are loosing a good customer--What are they thinking? The problem is they are not thinking!

A
Aug 06, 2020 9:05 am

I also have been a QVC customer for over 20 years in good standing, or so I thought. Over the past two years, I returned a few items ordered because they were USED when they arrived. I noted this on the return slip and a letter to which I attached the return receipt. This included Belle, Quacker Factory, Isaac, Dooney and Bourke, Brezzies. I paid the shipping to return their used items. I did not receive a warning letter because I would have sent it to the CEO with a response. Instead, I received a letter that my account was permanently closed. I wrote their CEO this time with the copy of the letter and why I had returned the items. Sending used products is a health hazard - especially now. I told the CEO not to bother to reopen or remove the closure because if this is how they treat loyal customers, I don't need to spend my money with them. I hope they go out of business. Karma is a b----.

Sep 19, 2019 9:36 am

I was a customer with QVC since it's inception and have never had an issue with my account nor with my QVC Credit Card Account. In June 2019 for unforeseeable reasons I was forced to file a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy which DID NOT include my QVC credit card since the account was paid in full/closed. I went to make a purchase with QVC on or about 09/14/19 and noticed that my previous order history was gone so I decided to wait before making the purchase until I could contact QVC. I contacted QVC on 09/19/19 via online chat was advised that my account was permanently closed because I filed a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy June 2019 and that the account COULD NOT be reopened. There was no communication received from QVC on their decision to permanently close my account nor was there good cause for QVC to close my account since my account had ALWAYS been in good standing.

B
Apr 29, 2019 5:18 pm

Obligated "Employee but not speaking on the behalf of the company" statement but I feel like I should say something. Accounts do get closed when there's a high amount of returns. But only after 3 warnings, and only when you've returned over 75% of what you've purchased. (From entire order history)

It's an automatic shutdown from the system and doesn't happen over a few plants. I feel bad this happened to you, I get it can be hard to keep track of your order history if it spans over years. I hope you find a better shopping experience elsewhere.

S
Jul 20, 2019 1:21 pm

Why did they investigate my account because I didnt recieve an order that said delivered AND then I had an order that had missing stuff- I sent it back.

C
Oct 29, 2019 9:54 am

They closed my account also and then, I guess guilt by association, my mother and sister's accounts. We have shopped with them for over 20 years. They say nothing but "I'm sorry". Banned for life and basically to say good luck elsewhere, it's ridiculous. Sorry they cannot work with customers that have had to return items or have had hard times and have taken a longer time to paid off items.

Oct 03, 2020 5:43 am

My moms account of well over 15 years & a 100% good paynent status, was closed without notice. No return issues, card was paid in full. She hasn't used it in a while. Is that the reason it was canceled?

A
Apr 14, 2019 6:19 pm

I had the same unexpected experience with QVC, the shopping experience and CS were excellent. After 20 years shopping at QVC, the unexpectedly suspended my account w/o notice, charged my account twice after I had paid and called about it several times. I went ahead and cancelled my account. QVC has really changed. Sad. I loved shopping at QVC. The world turns.

G
Jun 11, 2019 5:39 pm

similar thing happened to me, I think it's odd that they cancel you forever even when you return the product and don't owe them money. Mine was I sent it back 31 days instead of 30 days so they wanted me to pay for boots that were not in my possession, I told them I'd pay a restocking fee but not for the boots because they had them back and resold them. Their policies are very strange. I've moved to HSN but miss some of the brands on QVC like Issac M.

B
May 28, 2018 2:36 am

I got a QVC account and I moved, I had to change banks because ours was not supported in Texas. I tried notifying everyone that my banking account had changed it took two or more weeks to get checks and credit card, They did not want to hear it. I paid off what I owed and forgot about it.

Aug 20, 2016 4:48 pm

I was told I return too many items from QVC and also that if you cancel something (to avoid their exorbitant shipping fees coming and going), it counts as a return. Ordered a Calista Tools brush that got stuck in my hair after it grew back subsequent to chemo and had to get it all cut off again -- they conveniently lost the product that I sent back so it could not be examined. I have received broken jewelry, a Dooney & Bourke bag that looked like it was run over by a car, and plants that were dead before planting. Besides that, I purchased a $600 foam bed that lasted less than a year and I had to pay for it, a printer that didn't work right and a $400 inversion table, but I guess that's all forgotten. Maybe I should have ordered food, ate it all and got a credit without even sending it back as I am sure many people do. I have had a balance every month on my Qcard but they are not satisfied with a good paying customer -- the Qcard bank just upped my credit limit because I have stellar credit -- oh well, I guess they would rather sell to people who buy everything, keep it no matter what and don't pay their bill (or have to be dunned to pay it). I am tired of their policies and their smiley hosts who tell you that you can return it "Love it or send it back" -- total BS -- also, I wonder what will become of all those Wen girls who have a class action lawsuit for losing their hair when QVC is still selling it. God forbid your hair falls out and you send it back!

P
Dec 16, 2014 1:05 pm

I think that there are a lot of people today who are out to get something for nothing. I agree that QVC used to have good quality merchandise but now a days, all stores have poor quality merchandise for very high prices. Everyone is out to get your money for the least that they can give you. QVC has to turn a profit somehow and they do this by selling the items that are sent back and used by some customers to other customers as NEW when they are not. I have ordered several items that were clearly used (handbags with hair brushes left inside) and I had to return them. I don't know what other people carry in their purses and I don't want any diseases from them. I think that their refund policy needs to be changed and that people need to be more honest and not soooo greedy. If an item has been used, it cannot be returned (just as brick and mortar stores do). Buy only what you can afford and need. I don't think that anyone needs multiples of the same item and I see a lot of people ordering several of the same item. They use them for 30 days and return them to be sold to some other poor unsuspecting person. I have ordered food from QVC and only once did I have to call and that was due to the USP man sitting the package in an ant hill. If you don't like the food when you order it, don't call and say it was bad to get a refund, just be more selective in what you order. Stop making in hard for the people who do try to do things the honest way.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

109 complaints