Qatar Airwaysrude staff behaviour

Me and my flew on Qatar airways last week from Chicago o'Hare airport to Seychelles for vacation. we both have there own one hand-bag + I've one fishing rod, our overall baggage weight under 15 Kg. Qatar representative at desk asked us to pay extra for caring SECOND hand-bag, we told them its just a fishing rod weight no more than 2 lbs, they said that its not allow to carry more than one hand-bag, as our baggage weight is under we asked them to count fishing rod as a baggage, we hand over rod to them they said that it will count an EXTRA bag as its not in same bag, off-course fishing rod length wise it long and can't fit in our baggage. the asked us to pay 150$ for EXTRA bag WTF. we told them that even our baggage is very low and you still asking us to pay you extra but there behavior was really very rude, they said that either pay extra or leave it. as than we decided to leave the rod. at airport we saw that entire Qatar airways staff was really very rude to everyone. even i remember they threat one of the passenger that we will stop you to board.
Qatar Airways ruined our entirely vacation.
This is the First and last time I ever flew Qatar Airways,
I also suggest Never flew Qatar Airways, no matter if they say that they are Five star airline but there staff behavior is very rude.

Regards

• Da
    Dabuph Jul 17, 2012

I also had a very bad experience with Qatar airways ground grew just a month ago. My flight was from Dubai to Manila via Doha on 7th June 2012. I checked in my family online and I selected our seats in rows 48 and 49 (2 window seats and 2 aisle). Both boarding passes was given to me in Dubai. The problem comes when we reached Doha for our connecting flight to Manila. On the boarding gate, my family and I gave our boarding pass to the ground crew (a Filipina). My wife's boarding pass as well as my two children were okay. However, the lady ground crew took time with my boarding pass and she wrote something on it. I asked if there is a problem but she's not responding to my question. Then suddenly, she tear off my boarding pass and left her place and spoke to another guy (i don't know the nationality but he sounds Arabic when he speak). Then the lady ground crew came back and she's giving me a new boarding pass with a different seat no. which is away from my family. I asked why my seat was changed and who changed it. With a boastful reply she said: "we changed it as we have the right to changed seat.". Then I asked why it was changed. She said, there was a changed of the aircraft configuration. I know that she's just making some good reason which I did not believed because there was no change on the aircraft from the time I checked in on line and the time were boarding. So I started to argue with her. telling her what is the used of doing a check in online and select our seats. After several exchange of words, she finally told me the real reason. She said, they relocated me to give way for a family as they want to seat on the same row. That made me more angry by hearing that. Because we are also a family and had made our travel planned including the seat in the airplane. My family and I was forced to board the plane because we don't have enough time to argue on that matter.

Inside the airplane, I asked the flight crew supervisor for a complain form which he has given me. So I wrote my complains there and passed it to the same guy trusting that he will give it to the office. But 1-month has gone by and I have not receive any response or explanation from Qatar airways. Qatar airways is claiming that they have the five star aircraft...well that is true, but incompetent, unprofessional and rude staff.