Publishers Clearing Housemy $10,000 win announcement was a "mistake"!

R Review updated:

9/16/16 about 11:30 pm I got a pop-up declaring ME the VIP $10, 000 Grand Prize Winner. Thank goodness I took a digital picture of the thing! 12 hours later, I received an email from PCH stating that MY win was a "mistake" and that some MAN across the country was the true winner! Not only that, they violated HIS privacy by revealing HIS name to ME! My name apparently got "confused" with his name (there are NO similarities at all) and was announced by "mistake." The email was dismissive and condescending. Oh, they offered me FIVE MORE ENTRIES for ANOTHER 10K drawing. Wow, like that is REALLY going to compensate/placate me for screwing me out of 10 GRAND!!! Thanks for literally NOTHING PCH! This complaint will be elevated to my state Attorney General's Office as well as the NY Office. I'm even considering the federal prosecutor's office as well. I would also like to release my "WIN" announcement along with their admission of their big "mistake" to the press!! Any good investigative reporters out there with an ax to grind???

• Mi
    Mike Whiting Sep 18, 2016

Scam. They tell me and supposedly others that we are officially $10, 000 winners and now say sorry that was a mistake, and that 5 of us will be in a random $10, 000 drawing. I will sue this POS company, for false awards. You are garbage and suck.

Maribel Maysonet Sep 18, 2016

Same situation happened to me yedterday 9/17/16.

• Ne
    neoromantik Sep 18, 2016

Same thing happened to me on the same day. Class action lawsuit? my email is [email protected]

Angelisangel May 10, 2019

@neoromantik What happend with that

jaymetd Sep 18, 2016

same thing to me also!!! also on a balloon pop game. said I won $10, 000 and then had no record!!! nothing! I chatted w someone online from pch after. they couldn't find any record of it. someone would get back to me!!!?!! wtf!!!

• Ey
    eyvkwof Sep 19, 2016

Same thing happen to me on 9-17-2016 about the 10 grand and that it was a mistake the guys name was no way close to mine and ive got the email saying it was a mistake

• Ju
    juliet90248 Sep 19, 2016

same here. i also got the same email notifying me of their error. i am from california.

Angiebo Sep 20, 2016

Same thing happen to me got a pop up saying I won and 12 hours later an email saying it was a mistake

• Go
    Good Google Review Sep 20, 2016

You people are so dumb! The "announcements" you are referring to are simply ADVERTISEMENTS and nothing more. Dont kid yourself - you will not win any money

• Rf
    r fleming Sep 24, 2016

i just tryed to download my pic of letter from pch and my comment but it didnt work.not sure why will try again..ok it wont let me but i have it.we should get a class action suit against them for wrong doing ..i think.

• Ra
    Ramona Cox Holden Sep 27, 2016

Here is my screen shot. [email protected] gmail.com

• Ra
    Ramona Cox Holden Sep 27, 2016

An e-mail apology is not enough after thinking all night long that you won. They have enough money they could pay us all

Mary Beth Sweet Sep 28, 2016

Yes indeed!! I too received the notice that I had won $10, 000.00. The 17th of Sept. 2016. I'm mad as hell, they gave me the same story, and also the winners name. I'm in Palm Springs, Ca. I play everyday, and to be told that it was a mistake is deplorable. Shame, Shame, Shame!!
    We should do a class action lawsuit against them! There's strength in numbers. Their privacy policy covers them against everything crooked. However, I think there's something there. Enter me in another contest my ###. I didn't win that either. I was finally at the airport when my plane came in... They snatched it away. Email me if interested in a class action. Mary Beth Sweet

• Mi
    Michel Todd Sep 29, 2016

I filed a Complant as Well Even Filed with The Attorney General in New York & Illinois Good Luck all Michael Todd [email protected]

• Jc
    JCmovielover Oct 06, 2016

Please include me if a class action law suit is filed. I have screen shots of both winning notifications and apology letter. Thank you very much. [email protected]

• Th
    Theresa Butterfield Oct 08, 2016

Pch fans need to get over it... What happen on sept 17 2016. It was a simple mistake... Pch did a second drawing of 5 winners of $$10, 000 dollars... Each... To make up for the mistake... And they gave everyone 50, 000 extra tokens.. Its what you call a computer error... Crap happens!!! Get over it!!!

• Mo
    Monica EC Oct 22, 2016

The same exact situation happened to me as well, but I don't recall receiving 50, 000 tokens. I would have remembered that. I think even simple gift cards would have sufficed, rather than a "Sorry, you didn't really win. But...we have given you 5 more entries to another drawing." I lost a lot of sleep that night, only to see the email the next day telling me it was a mistake. Not sure what to think about PCH anymore?

• Ly
    Lyndon Demers Nov 29, 2016

@Monica EC no one told you not to sleep except yourself

Sandy & Tom Nov 12, 2016

They can give, or SAY they are giving $10K a week as a new prize, they can give us heartbroken disappointed lied to bogus winners each $10K. When you mistakenly have an accident and hit a pedestrian, you don't just say, sorry, my mistake! You PAY!!! I felt like I'd been hit..in the heart. I was heartbroken. Then they lied and said I was the ONLY one. But I'm finding out there was many. I would like to be part of a class action suit against PCH. They can't say we weren't hurt by this. I had a bill list I was going to pay and Christmas gift list for my 6 great grandchildren. What an empty hurt feeling when I found out it was bogus!!! Anybody wants to go for a class action suit, include [email protected]

• Et
    ettawilliams42 Dec 16, 2016

I was also one of those that won $10, 000.00 on September 17th, I also took a screen shot and was told it was in error if any one seeks legal action I would love to be involved I did decline the offer of extra chances and 50, 000 tokens. I can be contacted at [email protected]

• Na
    Natasha Morgan Jun 21, 2017

They did me the same way let sue they sorry scamming [censor] and how could You make a mistake 38th individual names as winners get [censor]ing real lets do it lets get more then what they said we would get hell they dident give us not one thing.

Mary Chambers Jun 04, 2019

If i won why you just don't send me my prize i don't want a online business i just want what's owned to me

• Re
    rebbuts Oct 30, 2019

I also won $10.000 then the next day I was notified it was a mistake someone in san Jose really won.On checking 19 months ago it was not uncommon a few had won multiple times and received the same treatment. I also feel this is criminal activity how could so many share the same complaint.