Princess Cruise Linesmany problems

F Nov 20, 2018

This is the letter I sent to Princess Cruises and they responded to me in a week with compensation that is not close to what would match our inconvenience we dealt with a complimentary 2 people dinner in restaurant on a ship when I book before November 2019 for a future cruise.

To Whom It May Concern,

This was my first cruise with Princes and I was so excited to travel on Princess. I have taken cruises on Royal Caribbean and been very happy with them, but I was told by friends and family that Princess is much better and was excited, but I was extremely disappointed. My husband, parents, in-laws and family friends went on a Caribbean Cruise from Oct 18-28 for my husband's 50th birthday. My in-laws have done 16 cruises with Princess and they admitted this was not a normal experience and they were very disappointed as well.

Here are some examples of the reason we were not satisfied with our cruise.

-The over all customer service was not even close to the exceptional customer service of Royal Caribbean. We seemed to be a bother to the staff about 80% of the time. Also, they seemed to be extremely short staffed. Staff seemed to be overwhelmed, running around, bumping into each other, dropping and breaking trays and plates almost every situation. Overall, most of the staff lacked good customer service skills. I have been in the customer service field for 35 years and a flight attendant for the last 24 years and I was surprised with the lack of service.

-The ship smelled like sewer most of the cruise. We informed the Guest Services and they said they had complaints and were working on it. I asked why it was happening and they said they didn't know. I checked back in again a couple of days later and they said they didn't have an answer and were still working on it. It was very disappointing to have to smell sewer throughout our whole trip. We feel like they should have taken the ship out of service and correct this instead of making us suffer through the whole trip.

-I booked our dinner at the Crown Grill online 6 months in advance online. We received a reminder on paper under our door about our dinner in The Crown Grill and had the wrong time for the reservations. I had to call and fix the problem.

-Our service in the Crown Grill was not even close to the service that was expected. When they sat us, they sat nine of us at a small round table. We asked for a bigger table and the hostess curtly stated this is only table. She then stated we could sit at a 4 and 6 table separately and we of course declined because we wanted to sit together to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. The dinner took 3 hours. The service was extremely slow. We missed our special picture sitting that was at 9pm. The only good part of the dinner was the food.

-While in each in port, maintenance was working on the the ship hammering and using a saw from 8am until 5pm. We were not informed it was going to be going on. The noise woke us up several times, tried to take a nap and just relaxed and it was impossible. I would call Guest Services each time to ask it to stop. It would stop for a little while, but it would start back up again. It was very frustrating. Again, we feel the ship should have been taken out of service if it needed all this work because it was a huge inconvenience.

It was very frustrating and disappointing on a vacation that was supposed to be very relaxing and as Princess Cruises promise is "Come Back New". We did not come back feeling that way. I will not be choosing Princess as my cruise choice. I have shared this experience with friends.