Pottery BarnFurniture

I ordered some nice furniture from Pottery Barn in early May. When I place the order ([protected]), PB confirmed all the furniture was in stock and they were happy to place the order and take my payment information. This is wear the fun began. The next day I received an email that some of the furniture was on back order. The message was disappointing, but some furniture wherever you purchase is backordered from time to time. First it was a month, then two and then three. I would call and try to find out what was happening and each time I was bounced around between departments and extentions. I had to spend 45 to 60 minutes each time with people that want to help, but seem to be totally clueless on how to handle issues. I have called PB no fewer than six times when I should have had to call them more then once when I placed the order. I'm not sure if it's the caliber of customer service or PB's horrible order system. I received part of my order, but even then, some of it was destroyed upon opening the packaging. The order was almost for $3, 000. The next thing that completely topped things was a random email from PB indicating the backordered item was no longer available and they were cancelling the order. No call to inform me, just a random email. The funny part was when I looked on the PB internet site, the same order they were cancelling was being offered for sale. I can't believe how bad PB customer order system is. How can a company with such great furniture run a business so horribly? I'm sure I will receive an email indicating PB is upgrading their order system and constantly training their customer service agents to improve the customer experience.

I would not recommend anyone do business with PB. If you can purchase the item from another vendor or internet site, please do it without hesitation.

Matt