Complaints & Reviews

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonomadresser delivered broken twice!!!

Good afternoon,

My name is [removed]. I ordered a Room set from Pottery Barn which I loved before this incident. It took more than 6 months to get my shipment because it was sitting in a warehouse somewhere and they didn't remember to ship it! really? Then I get a delivery to find the dresser broken. This happen twice. I ask for compensation and I was denied. This is how you guys treat your customers? It is demeaning and pathetic.

• Updated by PISSED now!! · Mar 23, 2017

Pottery Barnrefund

I'm not happy with Pottery Barn and my experience with them. I have returned an item because it was defective and they promised me a refund. Money was not transferred so I contacted them to see what was going on and their rep said that they need more time to decide what to do. That was strange because before that they already said that I'll get a full refund.
    They gave me nothing but fake promises and every time when I contacted them they tried to assure me that there was nothing to worry about. Weeks already passed and I have no idea what to do, because it seems like these people are not planning to refund me!

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma — pottery barn kids registry

I have my baby registry with Pottery Barn Kids (Jill and Ryan Ricci - created the registry at the Upper East...

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonomaservice from hailey regarding order #[protected]

I ordered six items for a baby shower from the registry for Missy McCarthy, Roberto Tovar, Washington state, order #[protected]. I just wanted to tell you what terrible service I had from Hailey on this order. However, I have had great service from Christine and Linda in helping resolve the problems. I tried to place the order online, but there was a problem with the page so I had to call in the order. I ordered 6 items with Hailey and it took a long time, probably half an hour. I truly believed you must have switched to robotic answering from my experience, and at the end I asked her if she was a real person. The issues that arose from that call are: The two personalized books I ordered from the registry showed the names were coming in all caps, unlike on the registry; after the order when I checked the registry it then showed duplicates for each book with the ones with all caps having now been purchased, and the other two with upper and lower case letters being available on the registry to purchase. Of course, there was only one book each originally on the registry. I believe Christine got this all straightened out with me getting the books as I ordered them, and eliminating the duplicates off the registry. Today I looked at the shipping email and saw all the items were being shipped directly to my granddaughter, Missy McCarthy! I called and talked to Linda, who contacted UPS mid-shipment on some of the items, and got it re-routed to me. Hopefully, everything is squared away, but it has been a giant pain in the neck. It was difficult to figure out how to let you know about this since there is nothing on your normal website. If you type in complaint it says "no matches found". It would be good if there was some way to contact you off the normal website. Thanks, Carrol Morris [protected]@aol.com (Why is all this down below that doesn't apply to me. I am not a business. Why do I have to sign up with a password to send this? This should be changed.)

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonomaunethical behaviour

I am writing today after thinking and thinking how I should proceed with this situation.

I have to confess that I am still in shock and I cannot believe how I am giving another person the power to make me feel inferior. Here is my story:

On December 23 I was visiting the Woodlands Mall and I decided to enter with my family to your Pottery Barn Kids Store. We saw some rugs/carpets on sale on one corner. I chose one that my son liked and I went to the cashier to ask how much would the final price be. Mr. Anthom helped me and he gave me the final price (around $50). There was not any conversation with Mr. Anthom, other than the price check and the transaction. My son was happy with his “new” rug.

After few days the rug started shedding a lot. My son’s allergies got worst and he kept sneezing more than ever.

Because I live in Sugar Land (1hr away from the woodlands) I had to plan our next trip to return the rug/carpet after the holidays.

On January 7th around 4:30pm I went back to the Pottery Barn Kids Story (by myself) and I stood up at the cashier for 15 minutes and two ladies that were there did not even say hi to me, they were looking at their computers. So, I said “excuse me could you please help me with a return?” One lady looked at me and asked me for a receipt (which I did not have it). So, she told me to look to my email for an electronic receipt, I tried to look at it, but all I got was a welcome and offer email. At that moment, Mr. Anthom came to the register space, so the lady said, “she wants to return/exchange the rug, but does not have a receipt.” She left me with Mr. Anthom and I briefly told him what happened with the rug and my son’s allergies. He was so intimidating, he approached me and said “I remember you, and I told you that time those rugs at the corner are on sale and are final sale…we cannot do anything…those rugs are final sale because they have been used” When he said “used”, I said “used??? First of all Mr. Anthom you never mentioned those rugs are final sale and I would never buy used rugs.” He said “yes we use some of those for display or…. you see that big rug at the corner (pointing at it) that was mine and I have a dog…. and…. so I brought it back” I could not believe what he was saying, he was telling me that I cannot return my rug, but he said he did return his rug…I was so confused. So, I wanted to leave and I said, “So, do I have any options?” and he said “yes you have options: you can put your rug on another room, other than your son’s who is allergic, you can throw it away or I can throw it away for you.” He looked at me waiting for an answer with a sarcastic smile. I felt so humiliated, that just got my rug and left the store.

For some reason, that I still don’t know, Mr. Anthom was condescending the whole time and made me feel inferior. I still don’t understand why things were handled this way with him. The other lady was at least trying to help, she even mentioned that I can vacuum the rug many times and after few months it may stop from shedding.

Johana Lopez

Pbteen.comdiscount scam

I spent over $300 on this website www.pbteen.com and was supposed to get a 15% discount on my order but that did not happen. It is clearly said on their website that they have several types of discounts and I was supposed to get a 15% one! This is just a scam, do not believe their fake promises. They are trying to lure new customers and steal their money and the same thing happened to me. I regret I did not read the reviews earlier. Do not buy from them and do your research!

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonomabedroom furniture order

I ordered a n entire bedroom set and rug on Sept 22nd. The Hudson bed was supposed to be delivered in late January (a very long timeline that was NOT explained by the salesperson).
            It is now Dec. 20th and I received an email saying that the bed is still "backordered, out of stock" and will not be here until February. I called Customer Service and the representative said they are only getting beds in a few at a time, with 44 orders on the list. The bed might actually be delivered in March or later depending on how they fill the orders. So even though I have an order number, and an order date of Sept. 22, they cannot tell me when I will get the bed.
            The night tables arrived and the rug is due, however there is no way to pull the room together o a piece by piece basis.
            So beware if you are ordering furniture as the hundreds of other complaints detail. Pottery Barn salespeople only want to sell. They and "Customer Service" is of no service and really doesn't care when you get the merchandise. I read the reviews and ordered anyway based on past experience. Wish I hadn't! So disappointed in what years ago used to be a good shopping/buying experience.

Pottery Barn Kidsunprofessional

I bought a present for my son from this store Pottery Barn Kids and was supposed to get a discount but they charged the full price of the product. When I contacted customer service they said that was a mistake and promised I'll get a discount on my next order. I wanted to cancel my order but they said that it was already too late. I'm very disappointed with that kind of service and I will not buy from them again.

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma — customer service/rewards certificate

I placed an order worth $11, 000 dollars for furniture with Pottery barn. We waited 4 months for the beds to...

Pottery Barn Kidscustomer service

I've already placed several orders with pottery barn kids and pb teen online for this coming Christmas and already regret ever spending my money on them since they obviously show no care or interest with my issues and concerns. As soon as I submitted my order with pb teen I changed my mind on a fabric choice for the mani pedi lapdesk. I immediately called customer service and asked if I could change it for the other fabric (exact same price) she said I needed to allow time for the order to appear in their system and call them back in 15 minutes or so. So I called later and the next lady told me it was too late to make any changes. Wait, what?? So I have no choice but to stick with the initial selection I made. Any other company would've gladly obliged. Next, on my pb kids order I placed the email confirmation of my order showed a higher price one of the items I purchased. Lucky for me I had a screenshot of the item I texted to my sister. So I called customer service and she first denied anything could be done since the order was submitted and supposedly the item in question was set for the higher price and that's what the price is. I told her I had the screenshot of the day prior showing the lower price of when I added it to my cart. She asked my to email it to her of which I did. Then she said she couldn't do anything because the picture didn't have a date. I have an iPhone so at the top of the picture for the date take it said Yesterday 6:21pm. I tried explaining to her that the date would be yesterday's date because that is how my phone will show it being that it was only a day ago. Maybe I'm the i###t and there must be a way to pull the on the picture but I'm not very tech savvy. Anyway, she's the bigger i###t for not understanding the concept of yesterday's date from the day we were on the phone. It was very irritating and frustrating. I honestly feel like it's a losing battle every which way. So not worth the $20 difference in that item price for my time to deal with them and the stress. But I think that's what they want is for us to give up they just robbed me of $20 I can only imagine how much they've robbed from customers to date.

Pottery Barncustomer service

Customer Rep Pamela and Customer Rep Supervisor D Sorreta fought with my wife about a refund that she was justified in receiving. There was a technical issue on the mobile website of Pottery Barn that allowed capital letters for engraving but when my wife and I received the actual product, the engraving was not in all caps like the 'Preview' and Shopping Cart showed us before purchase. Instead it was in Title Case. Pamela and D Sorreta were insisting it was my wife's confusion that led to her purchasing the product without understanding the engraving instructions. But these two failed to understand that Pottery Barn's mobile website was at fault from the start. Finally after showing screen shots from the mobile website to D Sorreta, my wife was granted the refund she was requesting. Ridiculous, rude and unprofessional customer service from a company who sells high-priced items. We have been customers for years but the treatment we received from these two customer reps was the worst customer experience we've ever had. Suffice it to say, we will no longer shop at Pottery Barn after this year. These customer reps also lack technical training. Instead of finding out that there was an issue on their mobile site that didn't replicate on the desktop site of Pottery Barn, my wife had to be the one to figure it out for them and call them out on it. The whole time these two were just insisting my wife was wrong and wasn't trying to understand her situation. Never again Pottery Barn! We will be taking our money and business elsewhere.

• Ex
                      Ex-Pottery Barn customer Oct 30, 2018

If I could give Pottery Barn less than one star I would. Their customer service is beyond terrible. I have literally just been placed on hold (over 12 min now) without any warning. The last 2 times I called I was randomly disconnected before I could even state the reason for my call. Furniture orders continue to be delayed, delayed, delayed with inconsistent emails notifying me of the delays. I placed my order 2 months ago; WARNING - if you need something delivered from PB better order 4+ months in advance, and you MIGHT receive by then. We've spent close to $20k this past year; time to switch to another furniture store that actually cares about their customers. Oh, and still holding...

Pottery Barn Kidsi'm very disappointed I bought from this website!

I have purchased a chair for my son from this company Pottery Barn Kids. When I received my order I did not like the quality, chair did not look like pictures on their website and material was very poor. I contacted Pottery Barn Kids customer care service and tried to get a refund but they said it was impossible. They said that since there was nothing wrong with the chair (damages and etc.) They could not do anything. I'm very disappointed I bought from this website!

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonomafurniture delivery

Beware of ordering from Pottery Barn, for furniture delivery. Their system is broken.

We have had a terrible experience, which has consumed a lot of our time in trying to track the order, figure out why items were just sitting in warehouses and not being scheduled for delivery, items being damaged and then the entire order being held up and not delivered. The experience of working with Pottery Barn, and then the 3rd party delivery service they contract with, MDX group, has been terrible and extremely frustrating. Both deserve extremely low ratings, and I would never, ever order an item from Pottery Barn because of this experience. The process is inefficient, there is poor coordination between companies, and even within each company, no department seems to be able to coordinate with each other. After calling 10+ times, we are still unable to completely confirm that a delivery has been scheduled, three months after we placed the order, and two months since items have been available for delivery.

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonomacustomer service... turned around

In Aug we purchased (paid for ) a $2000 desk for my son. The white glove delivery option was in place the set up team came out Sept 15th to set up the desk.

The team identified to my husband that they did not have the correct fastners, brackets, etc to finish the job and they would order the parts and call us.

2 weeks later I called (no call or email was sent to us) and the representative said we will order the hardware and give you a call.

I call today, now a month later and spoke to a GREAT lady Ms. Keesha.
                        I wasn't nasty on the phone, I work with angry customer most days and I did not want to be that customer to her. She took great care of me. She informed me that the hardware is being shipped by Oct. 19th and then we can call for the final setup.

This is our second purchase of a desk with Pottery barn. Both of the purchases have been a cluster... 10 phone calls, many customer service reps... but the kids like their desks... so... what ever. BUT... I did want to point out that Ms. Keesha was awesome. She gave me her direct extension to help if I needed it and promised they would get this taken care of.

THANK YOU MS. KEESHA!!!

PB Teenno order

I made my order in January 2016 and they immediately took my money.
                          They said I'll get my order within 7 days but 7 days later nothing arrived. I contacted PB teen customer service and they said that due to some difficulties my order well be delivered within next two weeks. I agreed and said I'll wait for it. Nothing showed up even two weeks later.
                          They said that my item was no longer in stock. I asked for a refund but they claimed they don't do refunds and said they'll ship my item as soon as they'll get it. I had no other choice just to be patient and wait. It is now August 2016 and still nothing. I was in contact with these guy till May and then they just stopped replying. All I heard was empty promises and lies. Buyers beware! PB teen is not a trustworthy company, do not buy anything from them!

Pottery Barn Kidshorrible service!!

After three weeks of waiting I've decided to contact Pottery Barn Kids regarding my order status. Customer service rep said he needs to check on my order and asked me to wait. So I was put on hold and waited for about 30 minutes only to be told that my item was no longer in stock! They said they cannot refund me and offered to pick something else. So I placed another order and paid some extra (because it cost more than the previous item). They said I'll get my item in 5 days. 5 days passed and nothing arrived so I contacted them again and they said exactly the same thing. I demanded a full refund but they said that they cannot do that.
                            I said I'll contact them back later.
                            I have no idea what to do! I can chose another item but I really doubt I'll get it!! Need some advice here!

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma — poor quality and customer service

I was a regular customer of Pottery Barn. In the past few years, I have witnessed a noticeable decline in the...

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonomareturn/credit

I purchased a quilt on May 10 and tried to cancel the order, but was told it was too late. When I received the order I was unable to process the return online so I called customer service. I was told I could only return it as a UPS pickup and would be charged $13.50. The shipping date was May 19 and was received by Pottery Barn May 23rd. A credit was finally issued June 23rd, but not for the full purchase amount and tax. When I called customer service I was told I had used a rewards credit which was not true and can be verified by my bill. This is not the first time pottery barn has given me different answers and not given a full credit. I have been a devoted shopper, but have decided I am not willing to be treated in a dishonest manner any longer. This company can not be trusted and does not value its customers.

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma — hudson bedroom collection

I purchased the Hudson Dresser and two 4 drawer bedside tables that cost over $2, 400.00. After one year the...

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonomaraleigh bronze nailhead camelback bed, hudson dresser

I ordered a bed and dresser from Pottery Barn that clearly stated a certain sale price.I called and spoke to 4 different customer service representatives throughout my wait time from March 29-June 14.

Each time a customer service rep told me a different date that my furniture would ship. I never received my furniture (2 months later!!) The last call I made on June 14 (almost 3 months after purchase), the supervisor finally told me that the price I originally paid was not correct and that it was a MISTAKE on their end!! She told me that it was supposed to be more than twice the amount. She said I would have to pay the difference to receive my furniture.

I have an email and website statement that clearly states the original purchase and price. NOW they are trying to tell me that I have waited almost 3 months for furniture they were never going to send me!!! This has been a waste of a lot of time, money and overall aggravation!!

THIS CANNOT BE RIGHT.My complaint has been filed with BBB.