Pottery Barnbuchanan sofa

R

I ordered a $2508 special order sofa from Pottery Barn. I am not pleased. They do not stand by the quality of the product and it is impossible to find a person who will take responsiblity. First I went, to 2 stores to try to see the sofa that I liked on line. They did not have a sample. Big mistake on my part to order such an expensive piece without actually seeing it. Once I placed my order, the manufacturing is outsourced to another company, and then the delivery to someone else. So it is out of Pottery Barn's hands. Delivery and timing was a problem. My couch came about 3-4 weeks later than they said it would. No one at Pottery Barn could say when it would arrive. Finally I got a call from the delivery company. I arranged my entire day, and then got a call 10 pm the night before. I had to call the number back, wait 20 minutes, and then was told my couch was not ready. Huh. I finally go the couch, and two months later the fabric is failing. After 2 weeks of emailing them and sending a photo, I got a terse response saying it looks fine. I have no recourse. I ordered the Buchanan sofa in the premium basketweave fabric. Do not order this fabric.

• Ir
    Irene Drewey Jan 15, 2022

So happy I read the REVIEWS, it pays to do a little research before placing an order because of the no return on custom orders! Not going to keep appointment with them. I wanted a red sofa but the quality has to be there!

Mad at PB Dec 28, 2015

I am having a very hellish experience with Pottery Barn right now, also having ordered the Premium Basket Weave on both a couch and a love seat. I cannot ever shop at Pottery Barn again. Their customer service is an absolute nightmare. I paid almost $6000 for the couches which were ruined in 3 weeks due to the weave of the fabric. Right now I am doubtful that I will ever get the replacements they said I would. I hate this company with a passion.

• Cr
    CR Geil Aug 25, 2021

@Mad at PB I am so glad I decided to search for reviews before ordering from PB. Thank you for taking the time to post your experience. Because I live in a remote area of NorCal, and the nearest PB store is 250 miles away from me, I was ready to place a $3, 000+ furniture order with them. I was very nervous about their no return policy on custom orders, and all sofas are custom orders. Even Wayfair gives you a return option. Based on the two reviews I read on this site, I will not be making a purchase from PB. This is just too much money to pay for something you can't see, touch, or sit in, without a satisfaction guarantee, and get stuck with it. Thank you.

Comment Guidelines