Pottery Barn company logo
Pottery Barn
reviews & complaints
Pottery Barn
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

199 complaints
33 resolved 166 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Pottery Barn reviews & complaints 361 - 199

Pottery Barn complaints 199

Sep 10, 2010

Pottery Barn - all silver products turn pink - no pb remedy or recourse

I have purchased numerous silver items from Pottery Barn, including jewelery boxes and picture frames. Within a fairly short amount of time, the silver items started to turn pink despite following the cleaning instructions not to use any chemical, but only soft cloth.

When I phoned Pottery Barn and spoke with Jeanette, she indicated they had no remedy for this problem and they would provide no recourse. Don't waste your money on their product.

I have previously purchased many items through Pottery Barn and am disappointed in their product and service. I will no longer be a customer of Pottery Barn.

M
Aug 20, 2010

Pottery Barn - runaround

I ordered a large size Logan entertainment center from Pottery Barn online in June, 2010. After a week or two I received notice that my item was scheduled to be shipped on July 2. On July 1 I received a phone call from someone at PB telling me that my entertainment center had color irregularities and would be rerouted back to PB. I would be receiving a new entertainment center to replace the damaged item.

A few more weeks went by. I emailed customer service and was told that my item had already been shipped. I responded by calling the customer service number listed on the web site and was put on hold for something like 30 minutes--had to listen to same annoying 50's scat music over and over. At this point I was so angry I wanted to cancel my order. when an attendent finally came to the phone, he told me that he would provide me with a 500.00 credit to my credit card if I would keep the order open. I agreed. A week later I received a call that my order would be shipped. when the truck showed up it contained an incomplete order--it was just a small piece of the logan entertainment center. I am tired of being put on hold for long periods by customer se4rvice and being jerked around while PB gets interest off my 3000.00 payment. The shipping vendor blames it on PB and PB blames it on the shipping vendor. I am the fool left holding the bag in the middle.

I won't order from PB again.

Jul 31, 2010

Pottery Barn - buyers beware

My husband and I move onto a house from a smaller condo and decided to redecorate our living room. We searched high and low for the perfect couch, and ended our search with a design consultation at Pottery Barn at Lenox Mall in Atlanta. The designer was lovely and spent almost two hours helping us pick chairs, accessories etc.

Weeks went by, and we received a call that our furniture was ready for delivery, almost three weeks ahead of schedule. I was thrilled, until I got home from the office. My husband had taken delivery of a solid WHITE couch. (We ordered the white herringbone which is more tan than white.) At this point, I was disappointed, but thought perhaps they had just delivered the wrong couch. I called the store to inquire, and was told "no, you ordered white, " to which I replied "no, I ordered the herringbone and I am holding the receipt with the sample fabric stapled to it, it's not white!"

I'll save readers the pain of the next few hours, but I'll sum it up by sharing that I was told the sofa I selected was not available in the herringbone fabric and unless I wanted to pick a different one, I was out of luck.

Remembering that I originally selected the sofa, and fabric, out of a catalog I went in search. Having just moved, the catalog did not turn up so I decided to check the Pottery Barn website. There next to a number labeled "Pottery Barn Design" were the words "ANY couch available in ANY fabric." I called and was told they could have me my couch, in my fabric (at the original selling price no less) in six weeks. Frustrated and confused, we called the store back again.

This time, we were connected to a women named Jen, who tried her best to help us. The last message we received from Jen stated we could keep the wrong couch (kept us from sitting on the floor, since the old couch was donated to make room for the new ) and that they would rush order the new couch.

That was about two weeks ago. Yesterday, July 30th - nearly three months from our original order date - we got a message at home stating we either have to return the wrong couch or pay for the correct couch - BEFORE Pottery Barn would make this right for us.

I admit it, I flipped out and called the women back at the store in a less than tranquil state of mind. To her credit, she apologized and said she understood our frustration. At the vortex of the issue is apparently Pottery Barn Design, who is unwilling to proceed with constructing the new couch without the old one or the money.

Pottery Barn - if you are listening (and based on the messages I am reading you should be) you customers DO NOT CARE if your company has multiple P&L's and/or you are "not allowed" to work across different divisions. At this point, we have no idea if we'll ever get the couch, but opinion of your company has been forever damaged.

Finally, to all you employees on the frontline at PB stores - I applaud you because it is very clear your organization does not make it easy, or in this case even possible, to offer the level of customer service you promote.

F
Jul 08, 2010

Pottery Barn - poor quality

I purchased Pottery Barn outdoor furniture two years ago. I do not live near the coast and I covered and stored the furniture as recommended during inclement weather. The fabric has faded so significantly that the color is not recognizable. The brass screws are rusting and working out of the wood. The "real wood" is chipping and breaking apart. One umbrella I have is not functional. It is the most beautiful, most expensive but cheapest quality furniture that I have ever purchased. So, if you are looking for quality for your money, I would look elsewhere. You will pay big bucks for poor quality.

I was registered at Pottery Barn for my wedding. I received a set of Salsulito plates, bowls, and coffee mugs as a gift. After about one month I noticed chipping around the sides of the bowls and plates. I have to say I was surpirsed. We were fairly gentle with them. It wasn't the huge gouges you see when dropping or clashing things together. It was numerous chips out of the paint. I went to the pottery barn store twice to exchange the dishes that had chipped for new ones. However, I noticed still more chipping. Finally I decided that the quality wasn't what I was looking for. Especially considering I had the plates for three months only. They did let me return the dishes for a totally new set in a different style. BUT, not without first hearing from the manager that "Oh, that's what they do honey... they're pottery, they chip. I have some just like it, and they chip all the time." I wanted to say, "Well, it sounds like you should return yours too!!"

May 05, 2010

Pottery Barn - sells defective touch lamps

My opinion? Pottery Barn Kids is terrible. I bought 3 Madison touch lamps and 2 out of three stopped working within 2 years. Since the "warranty" was 1 year, they won't do anything to either replace their worthless product or refund it. I'm sure I'm not the first one to contact them about the problems with the lamps since 2 out of 3 of mine had the issue. If they wanted to build customer loyalty they would have exchanged the lamps -- $250 is nothing to them but means a lot to an individual customer. Don't shop with them!

W
Feb 23, 2010

Pottery Barn - charged $68 to exchange a damaged nightstand

First of all, my husband and I spent over $4000 on a bedroom set from PB. To waive the delivery charges for the nightstands we decided we would purchase them directly from the store. When we got the nightstands home and unwrapped, one of them was badly damaged. PB asked no questions when returning it, but charged us an additional $68 to order a new one as they had no more in stock.

This is ridiculous - The customer should not be charged additional because a store does not have an item in stock. Unfortunatly we had no other option than to pay the additional money in order to complete our bedroom set. I love PB furniture, but unfortunalty will never purchase anything from them again.

I am writing into their main office to let them know of this issue. They deserve the right to know the reason they are losing a valid customer.

D
Dec 30, 2009

Pottery Barn - employees steal purchased items

The day before christmas I had an item stolen by a pottery barn employee and they took more than 4 days to refund my money after a lot of hard work on my part.

I left my items behind the cash and continued shopping...when I came back to pick my items (2) up there was only one in the bag. The store and the employees refused to admit they had done anything wrong. I will never shop at pottery barn ever again...I'm appalled at the way my situation was handled and will honestly never ever shop there again. Piss poor customer service...and dishonest employees...all this happened at the glades mall in Florida dont go there there is a perfectly good crate and barrel across the hallway to satisfy all your needs.

T
Dec 20, 2009

Pottery Barn - deceptive coupon language

Pottery Barn is being deceptive about their coupons. They had a promotion this weekend that stated if you printed out this coupon and brought it to any PB store you could get 20 percent and item in the store. Here's the trick though. Pottery Scam doesn't keep any of the higher end stuff on hand. I tried to purchase a table and they said the coupon was only good for stuff they have in stock. Which the coupon didn't state. It didn't say anything about having to be in stock. It just said you had to come to the store to make the purchase rather than doing so online. I used to be a fan of Pottery Barn. Now I just think they're a bunch of cheap, lying scam artists. Stop wasting people's time. It should have been clearly stated in the copy, or at least legal copy that the item had to be "in stock". Which is a very different meaning than "in-store purchase".

Nov 02, 2009

Pottery Barn - do not buy

I purchased a Pottery Barn sheet set a little over 4 months ago. The set is completely junk and I would never buy another set from Pottery Barn. The elastic in the fitted sheet had become brittle and just broke in several pieces making the sheets unusable. The cost for the set was over $150. I contacted Pottery Barn customer services and Pottery Barn refuses to exchange the sets since we have only 30 days for returns. Sheets sets that cost over $150 should last much longer than 4 months.

DO NOT BUY this product!!! It is a complete waste of money. I would highly recommend Eddie Bauer sheets instead. I am very disappointed in Pottery Barn...shame on you.

Pottery Barn - daily system

I ordered part of Pottery Barn's daily system online. When I received the 3 items and opened them, the handing or mounting systems were missing. When I called the customer service and told her about...

Pottery Barn - wrong merchandise

POTTERY BARN: I ordered the Malika Rug to be delivered to my NYC apartment. The cost for delivery is VERY expensive and they give you a LARGE window of time. I had to hire someone to sit at my apartment to wait for the rug to be delivered so I wouldn't have to take time out of work. They delivered the rug and left. Well upon unpackaging the large rug it was realized they sent the WRONG one! This is a huge inconvenience! They need to get their act together. To spend 1k plus on a rug and be given the WRONG one is unacceptable

Aug 13, 2009

Pottery Barn - poor customer service

there is this pottery barn store in brentwood, tn where such poor cutomer service exists.the store supervisor christine is just horrible.everytime i talk to her she gives me th efeeling i am disturbing her and nasty disrespectful tone.i have seen poor cust service in stores before but store such as pottery barn it is not acceptable.i did email the company online where they reportedly wanted to her from the customer .i got no reply back.online store customer service is poor too.they chrge such high price but in case something needs to be returned u cant return to the store but only online.i shop many online stores but pb is the worst when it comes to shipping charges/plus processing chrges.i used to love their store and products but with all this negative feeling i have decided i would never again shop instore or online.

Pottery Barn - crinkle puff quilts

Christmas 2008 I ordered new bedding for both teenage daughters. The one set is great. Thick, beautiful color, holding up just like you would expect a $200 quilt to hold up. The other set is two...

Pottery Barn - chaise lounge cushions fading fast

i have always been a avid fan of pottery barn. NOY ANY MORE I purchased two outdoor cushions from the catalogue 60 days ago and noticed inside a month that they were fading. They are not even in full sun. I flipped them over and could see a huge difference. Within 60 days I called customer service and described the situation. The representative said that her supervisor said that they do not guarantee fading. I said i could see that in time that they might fade but I had planned on getting more than one season out of them. IF I HAD WANTED INFERIOR QUALITY I WOULD HAVE SHOPPED WALMART OR OR A DISCOUNT. IN THIS CASE I DID NOT GET WHAT I PAID FOR!! Very dissapointing to me. I expected more from pottery barn. I will not be purchasing from pottery barn any more in the future.

GRANT MASTERS IS FRAUD!

They took out money from my checking account UNAUTHORIZED! TWICE for $ 38.34 on June 25. Today is July 21 and they still did not put the money back! My bank charged 3 times $ 20.00 ( $ 60.00) Fe for these transactions, Because it kicked my account into negative ! I think the FBI should get involved and shot these people down!

A
Feb 22, 2009

Pottery Barn - extreme small and shedding

We own a shag rug from Pottery Barn. The rug has been extremely smelly over 1 year and has been shedding for the time we had it. Eventually the weird smell went away and we thought the shedding would...

Pottery Barn - dreadful delivery service

We purchased a wall unit from Pottery Barn Kids for $1, 550.00, which was to include "white glove" delivery. I asked about this several times, because if we couldn't get it assembled, we wanted to...

Dec 22, 2008

Pottery Barn - sold the table I paid for to someone else

I had a really negative experience with purchasing furniture at Pottery Barn. I went to get a coffee table there and they did a stock check to make sure they had the item on the premises. The salesperson assured me that they had one in stock, that they would tag it with my sales slip and that I had 30 days to pick it up to save on the delivery fee.

2 weeks later, I arrange to borrow a truck and hand the receipt over, then wait about 30 minutes. They then inform me that they are "minus 2" on stock and that they can't find the table anywhere on the west coast. They had actually sold the table I had paid for and had no way to replace it. From the "minus two" I guess some other person was in the same boat I was.

Finally they actually call some other stores and find one a few counties away (maybe it's time to upgrade the inventory system) and then arrange to transfer it to the store I actually purchased it from. When I ask when it would be in, the person responds with a shrug and then tells me I have to call every day to "stay on them" because there are so many managers that no one knows what's going on. He actually said that! Basically the burden is on me to hunt down the merchandise I already paid for to make sure that they don't sell it out from under me again. There was no offer to ship it to directly me to rectify the problem they created. After paying $700 for basically an MDF box with veneer on it, you'd expect some semblance of customer service.

To sum up, I do not trust Pottery Barn to be able to maintain an accurate inventory or to be able to train their staff not to sell items that are no longer their property!

I just had an infurating experience buying some clothes from Pottery Barn Kids. In the process of seeking a resolution I learned their inventory system doesn't update as people make purchases. It is based on the previous night's count only. We purchased some clothes for our boys--two of the pieces were listed as on backorder. When we received the other pieces, we learned that the backorder had been changed to "no longer available." Pottery Barn sold us 1/2 of 3 outfits and won't even let us return the half we bought.
I've spent thousands with PB over the years, but this is it for me.

V
Aug 29, 2008

Pottery Barn - still waiting for the correct slip cover

I purchased a sofa from Pottery Barn in June of this year. It arrived in July with the wrong slip cover. I was told that the correct slip cover would arrive in about 3 weeks that never happened. It is almost September and still no slip cover. I call the design studio every two days and I have spoken with fifteen different customer service rep. They do very little to help me get the correct slip cover. All the say to me is to just wait. I asked for a tracking number and they would not give it to me. Every time I call I get a different answer about the slip cover. I will never purchase anything from Pottery Barn again, they can not deliver what the customer purchased or even care if the order is correct.

A

I ordered a desk and matching chair, the chair arrived followed by a delayed by 2 months notice on the desk - then after 2 months an email arrived to say desk no longer available, what the *** is the point of the chair without the desk and why didn't pottery barn know there was no desk when I ordered the chair and desk together - dishonest comes to mind!! Not my first experience of ordering an item only to be told weeks, months later that the item would never be delivered, stupid me to order again from pottery barn - finally learned my lesson.

L

I wanted to be extremely clear as to why you should not buy a set of anything from pottery barn piece by piece over time. If you cant buy the set all at once there is an extremely high chance you will have incomplete sets because there is an extremely high chance they will run out of stock of the item you are investing in piece by piece and dicontinue the set all together and never get it in stock again...and they will give you some bs reason why and you will be left with incomplete sets! I warn you Again if you cant buy a set all at once don not buy it at all from pottery barn. I also wanted to be clear as to the length of time I was taking to complete a set when they just stopped carrying the item all together leaving me with incomplete sets and that time was only a few months even sometimes within a day or week of my first purchase of a piece from a set I usually get a few pieces every month due to my budget. Pottery barn is not reliable in this way there products are there on day and gone the next never to be seen again! These products that im talking about were some of the best and sometimes newest signatur pieces! Dont let a product with the name pottery barn in its name fool you into thinking it will always be a staple collection of pottery barn it most likely will be discontinued soon! Cmon pottery barn get your act together this is bad business on your end you should only deal with companies that are reliable ypur reputation is on the line and has gone down a huge amount in my book!

Sep 03, 2008

PBteen has terrible customer service. They are not responsive and have a poor attitude. They don't honor promotions and add charges to make up any discount. Their over priced furniture is made out of pressed wood.

V
Jul 28, 2008

Pottery Barn - bad service

On April the 9th I purchased a Charleston style sofa for $1903 dollars. It was to be delivered by May 5 th. We started receiving letters shortly after stating that it was on backorder- no problem! We...

1  ...  8 9 10