Total Credit Recovery Logo

Total Credit Recovery

Having problems with Total Credit Recovery?

225 Yorkland Boulevard
Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4Y7

Founded in 1980, Total Credit Recovery is a national supplier of collection and call centre services. At the moment, the company has 5 offices and over 500 staff that provide leadership and a strong presence in a very competitive marketplace.

Complaints & Reviews

collection agents are harassing me at my workplace too now!!!

The people who work there in the Toronto office are rude and do not care if they embarrass you at all. they...

North York (toronto) Business & Finance

unethical behaviour

My name is Ronald Valverde. On August 10th, Someone called me from this collections agency saying that she...

harassment

I understand that this company buys call list for people with credit issues. With that being said calling people from blocked numbers at all hours of the night and day is frustrating. I normally do not answer blocked calls but after 5 within a 5 minute time span I was concerned it was the police. Well a lady started freaking out on me and I received 5 more calls from a blocked number. Either leave a message if it is important or just do not call from a blocked number.
I find this to be harassment not debt collecting.

harassing calls multiple times a day

TCR has been calling my home multiple times a day, seven days a week as early as 6:30-7 am even on the...

rude, harassing calls, refusal to communicate clearly

I suddenly started receiving harassing calls from an anonymous looking Ontario phone number several times a day (during work hours when I can't really take the call anyway). When I finally answer, a machine tells me to hold while they connect me to an agent and its regarding "An important business matter." I wait a minute or two, no answer. So I hang up. An hour later the phone is ringing again, same story. Finally after ignoring about 15 calls over 3 days, and trying to answer 3 more, I get connected to a man i believe was named Alex.
He asks to speak with me by name, to which I ask who's calling. Immediately he becomes aggressive and rude and demands I identify myself. I point out he called me and I'd like to know who's been repeatedly robo-calling my personal cell phone for 3 days. He accuses me of not being able to answer a simple question like what is my name, yet refuses to tell me why he's calling, or what company he represents. He even tries to tell me that he's already told me that information. I repeatedly tell him to remove my informatin from whatever call list they're using, which is doesn't even acknowledge. He simply ignores the request and talks over top of me. After a minute of going in circles, he finally admits he's calling from Total Credit Recovery, and now he's even ruder than before. He again tries to get me to tell him my name, and address or date of birth to identify myself while citing that he needs to verify who I am before he can tell me anything. To which I reply that I don't give out personal information over the phone to companies that call me. This is just good practice, and he can't honestly be surprised that I'm not spitting out every detail about myself.
I ask over and over for even a slight hint at what the call could be regarding, but he refuses. He finally says if I won't identify myself then we can't speak, to which I respond that I am happy with that, and please don't call any more.

I have done work for the Total Credit Recovery offices in the past, so I recognize the nature of the call once he identified the company, the problem is I don't actually owe anyone money. There is nothing listed in my credit history as overdue, all of my credit cards are paid to zero, cell phone and cable bills are actually overpaid, I closed out my only bank loan 2 months ago, and my car insurance was paid in full in cash.

The calls continue. 5 or 6 times a day.

A few days goes by and I finally talk to another person. They do the same song and dance about needing me to identify myself and citing privacy laws saying they can't tell me anything until i do. But they do let slip that they're calling on behalf of Bell Mobility. So I hang up and call Bell Mobility. They only have one record of an account with someone having a similar name, that was closed AND PAID IN FULL a few months ago...

I suppose I will hear from them again tomorrow... If it wasn't so invasive I might actually have a bit of fun wasting these people's time. Shame a civilized conversation couldn't happen to get them off my case.

rude chickens.

Being harassed by these ###, so I went to the offices with a Debt Verification Request" and a "Cease and...

student loan

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am really fedup with this Total Credit Recovery for my loan payment for Ontario Student Loan I have been paying than suddenly my loan was not with them than finally I found them back because, I moved and my previous landlord did not give me my mail than finally I send them my payment monthly 100.00 and they ask for more I don't have a job but this people have charged me so much interest and I can't this anymore I have promised myself that don't take any loan with Canadian Government because this is government business to get out interest from you this way paying Tax is not enough How about government give job to us so we don't go through all this Never ever taking the loan

unprofessional behavior

I had been contacted by this company for a delinquent American Express bill. Things do happen. However, I had...

scam and fraud!

I have never in my life experienced a more unprofessional conversation with a supposed supervisor. After telling Sophie Green at Total Credit Recovery USA Group in Buffalo, NY that I was unable to pay the full balance in question and that I would like to make payments, which I was told I could not do, she disgracefully and most unprofessionally belittled me. I asked to speak to a supervisor which I did, at least I was told that this incredibly rude woman was a supervisor, I was put through the same yelling and belittling.

I was threatened, and yes most definitely threatened, into making a payment that will most definitely cause me an incredible hardship. I was completely astonished that these two woman were actually hired to deal with the public. I am not done with this and I will pursue this complaint.

Matthew Nov 30, 2007

I paid the balance due and then they found 75 more dollars due and that would close the account then a few days later it was another 21 now I have paid it and they say it is closed but who knows.

• Ke
    Kelsey DeMeyer Jul 29, 2008

I was sent a collection notice from Total Credit Recovery USA Group, Inc. They conveniently send a contact number that is bogus. What is the point of having a contact number that is totally fictitious? I believe they may be just as fraudulant and deceptive as the company they represented in the letter.

• Al
    Alice Sep 15, 2008

This is what they do, they try to scare you into doing something stupid, and so they get their money and then they move on to the next victim. In this case knowledge is power. They can't force you to pay something you can't afford. The worse they can do is sue you and get some sort of lien on your house or assets which they can only collect when the house is sold or when you die. If they are rude, just hang up on them.

• Ca
    Candace Stahl Sep 23, 2008

This collection agency is a nightmare! I was a victim of credit card fraud, so my $8000 bill was highly unexpected.
    I was called a criminal, a liar, and a thief by a gentleman named Kevin.
    I paid in full by placing myself in further debt, and then kept receiving bills from them. It has been four months and it still has not been cleared from my credit report.
    I call every week and someone has mysteriously "forgotten" to fax me the appropriate paperwork.
    FYI- You can make make payments on debt, so ignore the idle threats.
    Hope this helps.

collection department

I was 3 months behind on a credit card and they decided to send it to collections. I paid the minimum due...

rude lady

I have been getting rude phone calls from a lady named SAMANTHA MARTIN. She leaves at least 2 rude message...

stop my payment for 2 months!

I was trying to tell some one that I didn't have any money to pay right now that I'm not working I...

dishonest, deceptive & rude behavior

I am handling some financial matters for a family that has had some very challenging financial hardships ...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices