Popeyes Chickenrude and possibly doing something criminal

E

A few months ago I went through the Popeye's drive thru in Loves Park, IL on N. 2nd. It was storming outside and I got home to find that she shorted me on what I ordered. I called the store and explained the situation. She was rude to me and acted as if I was bothering her. I could he ar her laughing on the phone. She wanted me to drive back to Loves Park (I am in Rockford) to bring back to chicken and I refused. She was not trying to rectify the situation and I didnt get so much as a sorry. I was furious and hung up. Tonight on 3/17 around 4:55 I went through the Popeye's drive thru and there she was. I ordered a family meal with a 1/2 gallon of sweet tea. I handed her my card, she walked away from the register with it out of my view and was gone for over a minute. Then she returns with the receipt. I received my order and left. I realize that the tea pouch spilled all over the inside of my car and it looked as if someone tampered with the top because the safety tab was still on but the top was half way off. I believe she tampered with the tea and I will be following up with the police if I find that she wrote down my debit card information. I will NOT be going back to this Popeye's. I have two receipts (1) from the register with the time 16:55 and a second receipt showing she ran my debit card with the time o 16:56:49.

Receipt #326
Store 5262
Name on receipt : Ervin

I would like you to take additional safety measures so that workers are not committing fraud and leaving our view with our credit/debit cards.

I would like them to respond appropriately and professionally when handling customer complaints. I don't want to hear excuses.

• Ji
    Jimmito Mar 28, 2017

Ok so as a manager for Popeyes please let me try to let you see it our way as far as the pone call goes... I can vouch for many things that happen there because I deal with it for 60 hours a week... I personally ask people to come back with the food as well because I get loads of calls everyday of all the excuses in the world about the food so they can get a replacement meal and 85% are liars not saying you... but this is a true statement..the tea spilling...those bags are truly horrible and if the person doesn't know how to put on the lid correctly if it tilts forward it will spill...but if put on correctly you'd notice any tampering because the inside plastic teeth of the lid will snap and not be able to lock anymore being as it ha been opened...just a single turn and that would happen. But imagine if while you're busy trying to work you'd have to spend 40 % of your time dealing with people calling and making up lies to try to get free food everyday...it just simply get very exhausting and frustrating.