PNCfraudulently held a cleared check

I am so angry with Pnc they claim convenient banking HAHA NO WAY! My husband and I received two checks one in my name one in his! We deposited checks into our checking account so that funds would be available for our black Friday Christmas shopping ! They posted and were only available in ledger then one was withdrawn from bank as misc withdrawal, so I attempted to contact back and my account was suspended, unable to reach customer service I contacted company who wrote us checks and they said that on the day after checks had cleared and would be avail depending on our bank disbursement policy! Over the weekend we received notice that one check was altered or fraudulent but the other was cleared in account, mind you from exact same company and they stated it was returned unpaid but the writer again called his bank and they said while we were on a conference call that pnc had already received notification of funds ! Still my account is suspended and I'm assuming that pnc is doing some underhanded things here ! One check clears one check doesn't one is ok one is fraudulent but writer and his bank confirm check is fine ! DO NOT USE PNC they have now left us trying to pay bills buy food, and figure out holidays which we had already figured out !! They are SCAM ARTIST AND THEY SOMEHOW FIND LOOP HOLES TO DO IT

• Jd
    jdeann Nov 14, 2009

I have had a terrible experience with PNC bank and will be closing my account as soon as humanly possible. I plan on putting my money someplace safer...like investing it with bernie madoff or putting it in my mailbox with a note that says "this is where i keep my money", like i said, a much safer place than PNC bank.

• Bo
    bobtheman Nov 14, 2009

Nice details.

• Co
    complainer04878 Mar 23, 2010

Why do people continue to complain and moan about overdraft fees???? People...if you don't have the money in your account, don't write checks or use your debit card. When you write a check or use your card, subtract it from your balance. When you make a deposit or get interest, add it to your balance. How hard is this to understand???? You don't get charged the fees if you have the money in your account. Are they supposed to just let you spend and spend and spend with no money? Dummies!

• Ds
    DSC007 Jun 03, 2010

Similar horror story for me also...
    PNC accumulated $180 in overdraft fees in a one week span. First 2 @ $25.00 each, and next two within one day for $36.oo each. An additional for $36.00 4 days later and in addition to those penalties tacked on a $7.00 a day overdraft fee. Even if notice was mailed (unsure if it was) I would have still had $122 in penalties before I could do anything about it. Discussions with customer service and bank manager where I opened account resulted i zero adjustments or offers to lessen the financial pain!

• Me
    Megan2 Nov 18, 2010

I have been charged for something that i wasnt supposed to get charged for and i would like my money back. What do i have to do to get it back. I'm not very happy right now

• Dr
    dr.j Nov 18, 2010

My sons both had an account with pnc. Being their mother my name was added on to both of their accounts when we first opened them. Never thought to have my name removed. My youngest son lost his job when his place of employment closed. He hadn't used his account in months didn't realize it was in arrears. PNC took money from my oldest sons account to bring my youngest sons account out of arrears and then closed his account. Which then left my oldest sons account in arrears and with no money! They said it was perfectly legal cause with my name added onto their accounts it linked them together. I don't know about you, but i think that's just wrong!!! So beware parents out there at what your bank policies are!!!

jaggedy2k Mar 12, 2011

That is every banks "policy" cause it is legal. All accounts are "and" accounts which means the money in the account is yours not just your sons. At any time you can go in and take the money out and close the account. You have full access to the account and you also have full responsibility. With that said if your account goes delinquent your responsible for it. When they turned 18 you should of closed the accounts and had only their names on the new accounts. For them to take money out of the other account it had to of been delinquent for a good while and you should of been aware. When your name is on an account you should be checking on it. How is it PNC's fault?

• Gr
    greggk Jul 27, 2011

I have had numerous issues with PNC, they refuse to close my account now I am in hundereds of dollars minus
    they keep paying bills and putting me into more money crisis I don, t know what to do when I try to talk with them they get real nasty.