PetSmartconstantly followed while shopping

O

Pet Smart on Thomas & 37th Street, Phoenix. The 1st time I went into the store I was shopping for cat food. As I turn to check out, I almost walked into security because he was that close watching me picking out catfood flavors. I had no idea how long he stood there. I say excuse me, go check-out & leave. The second time I go in, I first check to see if they have a certain cat-tree in the store I had seen online. It's about 5 1/2 ft tall & a little heavy. So I go back to get a cart & go back to pick up the tree. Out of the corner of my eye, the same security guard is watching me again. That's when I stopped & looked at him, then he went on like he was doing something. I'm not the only one in the store shopping, I'm just the only one who's black, so I guess that "sparked" a problem. Needless to say, I left the cat-tree there, I now shop at Petco.

• Po
    pobarjenkins Apr 07, 2011

Maybe you looked suspicious. Some people are naturally awkward while shopping. And if I have learned anything from retail, it's that anyone can shoplift regardless of race, age, or dress. At least he didn't stop you. Maybe he just sucks at being discreet.