Complaints & Reviews

bad care of animals

Keeps Conures in very small and inappropriate cages. When the worker clipped my birds wings he clipped them too far and they bled. They do not sell large enough cages for Conures and the worker claimed that the cage would be big enough. I think they know better and they need to take care of their animals.

• Cr
    Cranky Old Lady Jun 19, 2011

Poor lil birdie, Something like that really stresses them out, the travel, the stranger getting into their cage, the clipping of the wings, it's all very stressful if your a bird.Would think this place would be out of business with all the complaints.Is there someplace else you can take your bird to get wings clipped?Would think there would be.You could clip them yourself they sell the tool to do it with unless your afraid of doing the same thing?

not charging correctly and grooming

On 3/4/10 I went into PetSmart to buy a case of dog food (12 cans), it was 6 cans of beef and 6 cans of...

I am encountering nonsense and inconvenient delays

Went to Petsmart to pick up some more canned food for my pooch (Petco does not carry this brand) and some Frontline flea product with the arrival of Spring in mind. Our Petsmart has a Banfield Vet in the back of the store, this is where I found the Frontline hanging on a tabletop circular rack marked "Display Only". My thought, "ugh! making this more difficult for me to buy product", told the girl behind the counter what I needed and this Ordeal Began;

Asked to pay for it there, not at the front of the store with the rest of my purchases, give my personal info (name, add, phone...) when I responded I did not want to be on any more lists, was told it was to print an invoice... (grumble grumble) I pulled out my debit/credit card when she told me the price (knew it was higher by about $5, than my own vets, but I was already there), ran my card as debit, then her phone rang and she was otherwise occupied for the next several minutes occasionally using a condescending tone to the caller, as I stood there waiting for my receipt and product. Yep, this annoyed me - she hung up and announced that my debit card didn't go through and it was because I chose debit and not the credit option. "HUH?!"

I was told I needed to swipe it again and use credit option.

I just wanted to run in to the store and quickly pick up these two things, (fast paced, here in California). Now I am encountering nonsense (in my opinion) and inconvenient delays. Yes, I told her this and left the Banfield counter without flea product hearing her echo "have a nice day' in a sarcastic tone.

At the front of the store, as I paid for the dog food debit card worked fine! I did tell the employee. May be last visit to Petsmart and definitely to a Bandfield.

groomer Feb 17, 2010

Isn't this old news? I've read this stuff before! Still have the same opinion- the poster is a jerk.

amazed Apr 15, 2010

your problem is with banfield not petsmart. two seperate companies good news for you petsmart not sells frontline and advantage over the counter through the register. so its less inconvenient

• Lu
    lunker May 24, 2010

You act like Banfield was deliberately slowing you down by making you pay there for Frontline. Might be wrong, but didn't that used to be sold by vets only? So of course it was a 'display only' because you'd need to buy it through the vet, not at the Petsmart register. Banfield had nothing to do with that.

As for her taking a call, what was she supposed to do, let it ring off the hook? It might suck, but not every company can hire a person to strictly work phones. You wanna pay the salary of a reception for Banfield?

• A1
    a1988 Jun 14, 2010

you do realize that petsmart only leases space out to banfield, right? they arent the same company, and do not share the same staff. you shouldn't penalize petsmart for another company's faults ...

• Do
    Doll_87 Feb 10, 2011

As already stated. Banfield is completely seperate from Petsmart, just a rented space. Also with frontline and advantage now being sold over the counter its no longer FDA approved. The only way it can have an FDA approval is being sold through a vet. Also the receptionist has to answer the phone regardless of who is at the counter, its their Job. The cashier at petsmart would also answer the phone at her register if its ringing even if she was in the middle of ringing out a customer.

killed my dog

took my dog for a teeth cleaning, she has a history of siezures of wicth they are aware and treating her for...

termination

My daughter who has been a faithful employee for Pet Smart, Manager of Pet Care, for over two years wa...

new return process

I'm really unhappy with petsmart's 'new' way of processing returns. Instead of using online computer method...

inconvenient return refunds

What's up with Petsmart not processing refunds online in their stores anymore? I had an unpleasant time at the Petsmart Pasadena CA store today when I made a return and found they have gone backwards in time and no longer process refunds online. They are now doing it manually so customers are burdened with having to audit their credit card statements to make sure their credit was indeed posted by a Petsmart's night clerk. There are other less expensive stores like Petco, Walmart and Target that sell pet products and treat customers better - so why go through refund inconvenience? I will never shop at Petsmart again.

• Sh
    ShippingFunds Jan 09, 2010

Before you complain, do some research. PetSmart has acually done this in most of their stores with older software to protect you, ya YOU!. The software that PetSmart is using currently has encryption issues and while they update and purchase new software and get it installed in all stores they are manually doing credit card returns. But people like yourself with no education come online to complain about something you know nothing about. So instead of protecting your credit card information, tell the associate you want to get impersonated online and get thousands of dollars stolen. Ya this is a BIG burden, having a company trying to protect your credit card information. So now look back on that day you returned your items and remember how snappy you were with the cashier trying to make a honest buck, who was trying to protect you and please feel guilty. I am so sick of watching customers like yourself complain and treat employees of stores negatively because you think you are higher than god. Do some research and get some dignity.

• Kr
    kristen8183 Feb 19, 2010

I have been waiting a week for my refund from petsmart...they sure do debit your account a WHOLE lot quicker than crediting it!!!

• Ra
    rainbeau Mar 12, 2010

PETSMART submits your refund immediately. Depending on how fast your bank decides to move, it may take a day, a week, or a month for them to accept the credited refund.

• Ri
    Rio Jul 27, 2010

They put the consumer more at risk by giving you a receipt with your full credit card number, expiration date, and signature on that return receipt. They can be sued.

inconvenient return refunds for customers

What's up with Petsmart not processing refunds online in their stores anymore? I had an unpleasant time at the Petsmart Pasadena CA store today when I made a return and found they have gone backwards in time and no longer process refunds online. They are now doing it manually so customers are burdened with having to audit their credit card statements to make sure their credit was indeed posted by a Petsmart's night clerk. There are other less expensive stores like Petco, Walmart and Target that sell pet products and treat customers better - so why go through Petsmart's refund inconvenience? I WILL NEVER SHOP AT PETSMART AGAIN.

• Yo
    yourface Jan 06, 2010

maybe you should just never return anything to petsmart again... or find out why they are doing it that way. I am sure it is not because it makes their lives eaiser. There must be a reason.

mishandling of patient records

I am disgusted and appalled that Dr. Lennard Candela and his staff have intentionally, deliberately, in a reckless and careless fashion returned to his former business partner medical records and x-rays in petsmart shopping carts pushed out to the storefront curb in the blowing wind unsecured. It tells me that peoples pets really are not important to him and that all the money that he made off the backs of caring pet owners was not for the good of the owners and their pets but for selfishness and greed... My pets x-rays and records were included in that display of gross misconduct of a Veterinary Professional... I wonder then what he is doing when no one is watching???

• Bo
    Booooo Aug 05, 2010

Wow, shopping carts. I'm so appalled. I'm sure people all over the store were just dying to get their hands on pet records. If the doctor picking up the records didn't like it, I think they would've said something ahead of time or hired someone to get them for them, like the President's armed guards. How else do you get records out of a building? Hey, the records were there, not thrown away or ruined. There's much worse out there than that. Get over it. Get another vet. Whatever. Just glad I work at another vet without weirdos like you.

injury to my dog from bad grooming

I took my dog in to get groomed and saw petsmart offered nail painting. I knew it was a dumb idea but I was doing it to make a point to my B/F to get the dogs nails clipped on a regular basis. My dog went in at 5:30 & I got a call at 8:30 saying shes ready to be picked up but her nails are bad. I asked what they meant and they said I should just come in and look. I picked up non-acetone nail polish remover on the way just in case. I got there and saw her nails were a disaster. Polish on her fur, the nails weren't fully covered. I asked them why they kept going if the first nail was not working out. They didn't have an answer. I said FIX MY DOGS NAILS. They said they didn't know if they had the remover they needed and they weren't sure if regular non-acetone remover was toxic to the dog. I told them to figure something out that my dogs nails can't stay this way. After 45 min they had sort of removed polish from one foot. I found out they were basically scrubbing her feet with a brush for 45 minutes, I told them to stop torturing my dog and bring her to me. She was so stressed and scared and cold from being in water for so long. I said they had to call their general manager and the head groomer and figure out the safest way to fix my dogs nails and I would be back the next day. I noticed my dog was having a hard time standing up straight and she was limping on her front left foot. I took her to the emergency vet where they said she needed pain meds for overly worked and sore feet. I returned to petsmart where another groomer with better customer service helped me carefully remove the rest of the polish. I left a receipt for the vet to be paid by the store and I asked them to remove the nail polish from their shelves and list of services as they are not properly trained. I have not received reimbursement and the product is still on their list of services. DO NOT GET YOUR PET GROOMED AT PETSMART WOODLAND HILLS. THEY ARE POORLY TRAINED AND EXERCISE POOR JUDGEMENT WITH ANIMAL SAFETY.

• Ra
    raineydayrainbow8-0 Dec 06, 2009

I was just wondering what kind of dog you have? If it was a long haired dog I would have suggested that you not get that service. But if not and they got it all over your dog? I am just not understanding why they wouldn't just stop? Sorry that happened to you, and your little buddy. Normally nail polish comes right off the fur with one bath, even human nail polish. I hope she is ok, and doing better

• Cr
    CrazedKitty Jan 06, 2010

This is like the 3rd complaint from you on 3 different sites! You state right at the beginning that you knew it was a dumb idea, granted maybe there should have been better skill put into the painting, but, COME ON! It's a f*cking dog! Leave the nails alone! You wanted to prove a point to your b/f at the expense of your dog? Let me tell you, your dog suffered just as much getting the damn polish put on as it did getting it off! I feel sorry for your b/f. Seems like you wanted a problem to happen(hence you bought polish remover before coming back, which why didn't you offer it???) so you could take it out on someone since I'm sure your b/f probably wins all your two's spats. GTFO my NETZ!!!

amazed Apr 15, 2010

you complaining about nail polish being unsafe is not going to get petsmart to remove it from their service list. what you probably should have done was dealt with the fact that the nail polish looked bad.. because unless your pet was completely 100% still its impossible for a dogs nails to loook like yours might after being done... and taken your pet home googled whether or not the polish remover was bad for your dog and removed it yourself and saved both you and your pet the trouble.

• De
    DEAN H. Sep 23, 2010

WELL YOU'RE AN IDIOT FOR GETTING YOUR DOGS PAINTED... YOU SOUND LIKE A PIECE OF WORK! I HAVE BEEN TAKING MY TWO PUGS THERE FOR 5 YEARS AND AM QUITE HAPPY WITH THEIR SERVICE! GET HELP!

injury to my dog

I made an appointment for my dog for grooming. They told me none off the people that have groomed her...

rude staff

You hire very rude people in your store!!! I will never shop there ever again!! Who is running these stores?...

guinea pigs

I've bought 4 guinea pigs at this store. The first one dropped dead at a 1 and a half year old. One morning...

my dog was injured while in the pethotel

I left my dog Mandy at the Pet hotel in Columbia Maryland. Mandy is a very shy dog. She is as sweet as a dog can be. Even though she is a small dog I put her in the suite ($41.00) per day. I added the individual playtime since she is only a 20 pound dog and the group play areas seemed too rough for her.

We arrived to drop off Mandy and since I had been there several times before everything was ready to go. I was giving instructions to the person behind the counter about what Mandy needed. I repeated several important things since the employee seemed not to be paying attention. Most Importantly was that a particular cup was to be used for water. I can’t explain why but Mandy from puppyhood would only drink from this type of cup. I should have stopped right there and taken Mandy home.

I had arranged for a relative to call about Mandy each day since I was going to be out of the country. The first day the report was that Mandy was not eating or drinking much. That seemed normal as the change in environment may cause these issues. But each day the reports got worse. After several days of not eating much or drinking I called to be sure that the cup I had left for water was being used. I was shocked to hear that no one there knew about the cup.

Things got worse. The next day I got a call from my relative telling me that Mandy now was limping. Since I knew that Mandy had no injuries when I dropped her off I called Petsmart but no one there knew how this could happen. She was taken to the vet where x-rays were done. It was the diagnosis of the vet that Mandy had a sprain.

Things continued to get worse. The following day I was told that Mandy was again taken to the vet to be given fluids intravenously. I was also told that there was blood in her feces. At this point I could no longer stand the thought of Mandy being so miserable. Even though new travel arrangements needed to be made I decided that Mandy was more important than money. I took the first available flight and returned home that day.

Upon arriving at Petsmarts pet hotel, I found Mandy in terrible condition. She could not put any weight on her hind leg. She was dirty, covered in feces. I have never felt so guilty in my life. She saw me and I believe if dogs could talk, she would have asked why I would have left her there. My main function as a dog owner is to keep my dog safe. I failed in this case. I took her home and cleaned her up.

After several days with no improvement in her leg I took her to my vet to examine her. He immediately cringed when feeling her joint. His diagnosis was a torn ligament. I received a second opinion and decided to have surgery done to repair the injury.

I know that Mandy had no existing condition. I walk her everyday and certainly would have noticed any deterioration relative to her leg. I repeatedly inquired about how this could have happened but no one at the pet hotel could give me any explanation. A dog in a private suite with individual “playtime” somehow had this severe injury but no report was made? The behavior of Petsmart personnel has been shocking. I asked the store manager if he thought that since the injury occurred while she was in their care if he would take any responsibility and after rolling his eyes and shrugging told me that it’s just a dog and he would not take any responsibility.

Take this as a warning. Do not trust your beloved pet to Petsmart. Find a friend or relative to care for your pet. A pet sitter is an option too. I hope that no one ever has to look into their dogs eyes and see pain as I have. I will never forgive myself for my poor decision in this case. Don’t make the same mistake I did.

• 70
    7001 Apr 25, 2010

i don't believe this claim. I'll tell you why. First off if a GM told me that "its just a dog" I would have been more irate in my complaint. Sound like the complainer didn't get what they wanted. I would have requested for the District manager and then if something was not done I would have insisted on the VPRO (vice president of regional operations) to contact me. They have insurance (Travelers ins if i'm not mistaken) They would file a claim and you would get a incident / claim number and you would pay nothing for vet bills.

• Ro
    Rocketsoles Jul 29, 2016

Sounds out of character for the establishment. I take my dog there all the time and I've never had a problem.

• Be
    Betty Bell VanCott Sep 25, 2016

I do believe this. I have never used PetSmart Hotel or "daycare for dogs". However, I do shop there. Occasionally, I will go by the window where they have the dogs displayed that are in their "doggie daycare". I noticed a smaller dog continually getting snapped at and pounced on by another larger dog. I mentioned it to a worker that passed by. She said, oh, other people had brought it to their attention; but, that the two dogs were friends and they played rough. I am a breeder and can tell you that the behavior being displayed was not friendly nor playful. The behavior was a dominance stance and continued for quiet awhile. No one was alarmed. I could tell that the smaller dog was getting exhausted from having to defend itself. THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT PROFESSIONAL DOG HANDLERS AND DO NOT KNOW DOG BEHAVIOR. THEY ARE HIRED OFF THE STREET WITH MINIMAL TRAINING AT BEST. BEWARE!!!

• Ke
    Kendra Leigh Mar 13, 2017

My dog was injured twice at the Petshotel. Once he got a hernia that was so severe he had to go into emergency surgery the day I got back. To make matters worse they didn't even notice it.

Second time, a month ago he had a limp. a bad one. He hasn't gone to the vet yet because I was hoping it would heal.. maybe a sprain..but it hasn't healed he is going in a week to the vet now...

• El
    Eleanor Manning Spence Jul 24, 2019

I, too, have had issues with this particular PetHotel in Columbia MD. When I pick up my Mani, 22 lbs Pomapoo, he is dirty, feces on his feet, smelly. He, too, was injured some kind of way and I brought him to the vet in the Petsmart hotel for them to pay for the exam. They did, I lucked up with some accommodating personnel, but iI agree, their help/dog workers need much more training, experience and can be more courteous, though there are one or two employees who appear to be concern and dedicated. Unfortunately, this Petsmart is very convenient and I haven't found a good dog sitter in my area yet.

deadly service

I took my 3 dogs in to Pets Mart to board for a week. I was gone 3 days when I got a phone call one of the dogs was sick and on the way to the emergency vet. No more than 15 minutes later I got a call from the vet saying the dog needed to be put down immediately. Temp was 105-106 and he was blue. Vet thought it was bloat, but some things didn't quite fit. Dog had been throwing up, dogs can't throw up with bloat. Dog had a extremely high fever, dogs don't get fever associated with bloat. Pets Mart said dog was fine an hour prior to the emergency. NO WAY! I have talked to 3 vets now as well as a number of well known dog breeders. None of them believe Pets Marts story. All concur severe heat stroke, and the neglegence of Pets Mart lead to my dogs death. This was a family member who had just turned 4 years old and have just been to my vet, he was a healty, strong and beautiful dog. There is no way he laid in a 3x5 dog kennel and got bloat. Pets Marts story just doesn't work. I called there coporate office in Phoenix. I was told someone would return my call in 3 to 5 days. Well don't hurry. I am seeking legal action with the help of vets and breeders. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOUR LOVED ONES. NEVER NEVER BOARD YOUR DOGS AT PET'S MART!

• Pu
    puppal Sep 04, 2009

I'm sorry for your loss. Pet Smart doesn't seem to have a good reputation. Maybe next time you can find a pet sitter..?

unauth use of chem hair removal

dog groomed 6/09/a=used chemical to remove dog hair/dog has had allergy for yrs but PS has no records for past 4yrs/german shep looks like wire dog/did not agreed to any such treatment/mgmt staff rude, hungup, gave no ans. for missing files nor chem use/abuse of my pet unacceptable.

recd coupon on 8/22/09 for furminator.. reduce shedding is what was used on my sheba w/o regard for her history of allergies to plastic, sprays etc. that they has but can't find/they show 6/09 as my only visit and no charge for the treatment... how convenient for them.. I need someone to help me and my sheba... photos can be sent later.

groomerwhits24 Oct 19, 2009

Please try again, and this time, please write in full, English language sentences. Complaining in "text" really detracts from the validity of your claim.

• Te
    Terrashuman Feb 09, 2010

I can't really understand anything that you wrote but if you recieved the furminator treatment then they use a deShedding solution. I noticed its posted on a sign in the petsmart shop near me. Also if you look on their site its advertized "A premium service that includes a low-shed shampoo followed by an application of deShedding™ solution plus up to 30 minutes of brushing with the FURminator tool." Like the poster before me, write your complaint so it is readable. I don't understand why a dog with severe allergies would be sent to a petsmart or petco for grooming. Please take your dog to a vet for grooming, that seems like a medical issue if it is really that bad. :(

• Pt
    ptsmrtgrmr Aug 24, 2010

for anyone who cares furminator is a lo shed system that helps to remove lose or dead hair by using a HYOALLERGENIC solution of aloe oatmeal vitamins a and e and other non-abrasive and soap free ingredients to stimulate the folicule and release the lose or dead hair making it easier to remove with the deshedding tools advertised. most likely this dogs groomer or bather got carried away during the brushing. this is what concerns me the most of all. get a clue all you groomers out there it takes skill and consideration for pets and their owners to be a truly successful and profitable pet stylist.

sick mice

My neice bought three mice (as pets) from petsmart and had them for two months when they displayed variou...

horrible grooming manager

I used to work at Petsmart but quit because of how rude and # the manager was there. She would boss around all of the other groomers and bathers and give nasty looks or make remarks when things weren't goin her way. She thought she was so much better then the rest of us but look around you honey you have no friends and every one talks about you in the store behind your back they're just afraid to say it to your face. It was a BS job and I'm so glad a quit so I'd never have to see her again. And she acted like she was "all about policy and procedure in front of cliets and mangers", but when the ppl in the salon were just there, it was all put to waste! Bernadette you treat everyone like hell and you know it!!!
* Never take your dog to her she is the worst

amazed Apr 15, 2010

apparently you didn't have the guts to tell her to her face either??... considering youre posting this online.

• 70
    7001 Apr 25, 2010

this is great. A employee that was probably fired because she cannot follow directions and was insubordinate. I love the employees that hate being told what to do. They come in thinking they know all and whats best for everyone and whats best for business. This employee could have went to the GM or even called the HOT line. Another thing is when your at work, your their to work, not make friends. You don't know anything about her personal life and if you do my mistake.

groomer_mom Dec 21, 2010

I am a groomer and in my expirence there is no reason for what is happening to these dogs... do not go to petco i have heard way too many horror stories about there groomers.. always talk with ur groomer before leaving them these are your babies and u deserve to know that they will be safe when u are not there

recent commercial

Don't like the way the puppy is obviously shoved across the floor in the commercial. The poor thing looks scared, his ears are down, that's a sign of fright.

dog discrimination

We got Harley for free from a women who didn't want the puppies from her dog's litter. He didn't have his first round of shots at six weeks, he didn't have his tail or ears docked, or his dew claws removed. He was just a mutt puppy who lived under a shed. But those blue eyes, red hair, and spots made him a darn cute mutt puppy. ;)

Since we've owned Harley, he has become an inside dog. He lives in an air conditioned apartment, and he gets trips to the park. He's allowed on the couch and the bed (during the day) and has bunches of toys to chew on and to play with. He's very smart. Harley learned "sit" in half an hour followed by "stay", "shake", "high five", and "lay down". He picked up all of those in an afternoon, easily.

We've gotten him all of his shots (about $75), and recently had to pay $600 because he swallowed a fish hook on the sidewalk at the park. He's even gone to be groomed already, even if he is a short haired dog.

My point to all of this is that while Harley might have been just a free mutt, that doesn't mean that I don't love him any less because he doesn't have papers, and he's not AKC registered. He's just a good a friend as a dog who's been breed from the finest of the fine. He learns just as quick. He doesn't bark (literally), and he loves me back. Harley is still a good dog, no matter where he comes from.

Just because Harley is a Pit Bull doesn't mean HE is mean. Pit Bulls are just dogs who, like other breeds, when treated unfairly, will loose trust in people and defend themselves. They're just built stronger and tougher. If you treat them like crap, they'll end up treating you like crap. I don't run an underground dog fighting ring. I don't teach him to be a guard dog. He doesn't even understand the concept of being mean.

And now, when I want to finally pay to have my dog socialized with other dogs, when I want my baby to go have fun with other puppies, I'm not allowed. He's a "bully breed". PetSmart's Doggy Day Care says they screen all dogs before hand to make sure they're well tempered enough to be around other dogs. But if they're a "Bully Breed" or wolf/ wolf hybrid mix, they don't even get the shot. Aside from the fact that he doesn't even LOOK like a pit bull (definitely more Blue Heeler), and never once, since I've EVER owned him has he demonstrated any mean characteristics. Even so, a dog is still a dog, and if someone is willing to pay that much money to let their dog just HAVE FUN, chances are they also care enough about them to make sure that they're well trained and tempered.

Now, my mother was bitten by a pit bull when she was younger, so I too was raised as "Pit Bulls are bad. Don't play with them, you'll get bitten." So I understand more than anyone the bad rep that pit bulls get and how people would be nervous around them. I guess that it's just another reflection of small minded-ness that apparently rules our world. But if my dog didn't try to attack you (except maybe lick you to death), then he's not gonna suddenly get red eyes and slobbering jowls and huge teeth.

I just want my puppy to be treated well. That's all.

• Re
    Rebecca432 Aug 20, 2009

I agree with you. That's just ridiculous. All Pit Bulls are not mean. It all depends on how they're raised. I'm sick of the stereotyping and rules against them.

• Lo
    love4pitts Sep 25, 2009

Tonight my husband and I went into Petsmart to purchase some items. While we were there there was a training class going on. We own two Pitbulls that are both CGC Certified and very well tempered..While we were standing right in front of this woman and her whole class (looking at leashes), she decided to tell the class how bad Pitbulls were and that they were all mean dogs..how she almost had her "face ripped off" by one and so didnt her mother..She told her class to stay away from them all. My husband and I did all we coould to walk away and not cause a scene. It is people like her that give these dogs a bad reputation and it is not fair. After the class got out, most people in the store were terrified of my dogs and made it obvious that we were bothering them. I have never felt so uncomfortable in a store in my life. If Petsmart values there customers I suggest that they respect them and stop feeding customers wrong information about specific breeds that they obviously know nothing about.

• Na
    Naticia Oct 26, 2009

WOW!!! I work at Petsmart as a groomer and I can honestly say that all the pits that come in my salon are the sweetest, biggest, teddy bears. I've only met 2 pits out in the store that were trouble out of the thousands that come there, and those 2 were never socialized and kept in the back yard as junk yard dogs. Everyone in my store knows that we'd have a bigger possibility of being bitten by a chihuahua or poodle before we got bitten by a pit. And as for that trainer...how dare she even call herself one? She's not educated enough to be throwing accusations about breeds around like that. Cocker spanials are more viscious than pits. The only problem is you'll never find a story on the 6 o'clock news about somebody being mauled by a chihuahua...the breed that bites the most. Yes, the pit is a very strong breed...but that doesn't make them bad. Just makes the people who make them that way bad. I feel really bad for you guys. Pits are awsome and I'm so sick and tired of people acting like they are soooo scared of a big bouncy, wagging tail, licky face, overgrown lap dogs as they clutch their little Coach bags with their little Yorkie named Chanel in it. Mind you...Chanel just got through biting the groomers face and that groomer ended up having to go to the emergency room with 3 puncture wounds in her cheek. Go figure!