peoplefinders.comcharge me twice for wrong information!

I subscribed through Reunion.com to locate Rita Milton of Youngstown Ohio and was routed to PeopleFinders.com to get information. When I entered the results of the search information for the person with the age that I entered I was processed through charges to my credit card and was sent information with the name sought but excluding the requested city and state while giving information for other cities and states. When I attempted to go back to get the right information the window was closed and I was directed to the location for being charged again for the information that I was supposed to get the first time. The charge was already attached to my credit card.

AND NOW I SEE THAT they WANT TO CHARGE ME TO!!!

• Valerie Feb 07, 2007

This Investigative service does not tell you they are limited to a FEW STATES for research. I was looking for a record of a marriage 4o years ago and not only couldn't I find that record, but of my 4 marriages they did not have any of the records. For 5 minutes on their web Site, only to be told there were no records for ME, I paid 49.95.

SCAM ARTISTS!!!

• Er
    Eric Devin Mar 21, 2007

I had no problems with this site. I had entered the name of the person I was searching and was immediately given the correct search results. I was going to perform a marriage search but upon selecting the marriage search I was shown that they did not cover the state I wanted, so I didnt purchase the result. Overall a great site!!

• Ra
    Rachel Underhill Mar 25, 2007

DON'T USE PEOPLEFINDERS.COM!!! I used peoplefinders.com January 2nd, 2007. On January 16th, 2007, a company under the name 24 Protect Plus, began charging me $14.95. I was charged three times (before I noticed) by 24 protect plus. I NEVER signed up for their service. I know nothing about their services. I never went to their page. I never signed any forms. Peoplefinders.com gave them all my information including my debit card number. If I hadn't caught it when I did it could have easily gone into the hundreds or thousands of dollars. This company makes their money by going unnoticed. They'll never send you an email welcoming you as a new member. A legitimate company would. Then when you catch it they act like you're at fault, and that you signed up for a trial membership and "you should have canceled it". I hope this company is brought down soon. I can't imagine how many people are being taken advantage! It makes me sad. How can these people live with themselves? I reported them to the bank. I had to get a new card. I still may file a police report against them. I've contacted a group of lawyers. They left a message on my machine, but I haven't returned their call yet. If you're interested in getting in touch with them go to this site:

I'm sorry for anyone who as to go through this. I hope you get some justice. I don't think I'll be buying anything online for a long, long, long time.

• Ke
    Kelly Wells Aug 15, 2007

Obviously whoever it was that wrote the comments above must work for peoplefinders.com or the 24 hour Protect Plus. I also signed up for peoplefinders.com. However, I have been charged twice by the 24 hour Protect Plus which I DID NOT sign up for. I was never "redirected" to the 24Protectplus website to enter anything "manually" and was never sent a "confirmation" email. This is definitely a scam and obviously whoever is trying to stand up for them works for them or something. He is probably one of their unintelligent representatives you speak to on the phone.

• Cu
    Customer Service Dec 04, 2007

PeopleFinders.com strives to provide the highest level of customer service possible. We are always happy to answer any of your questions regarding your purchases or our services. If you believe that you have been deceived or "scammed" by our organization, we definitely want to hear about it and reconcile the situation. Further, if you believe that you have been a victim of fraudulent activity, the PeopleFinders.com Fraud Department is available to assist you.

Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or at 800-718-8997 if you have any questions or need further assistance.

-PeopleFinders.com Support Team

Mark McAulay Jan 22, 2008

While I can agree that the people finders customer service reps border on ###ic and sound half-asleep when you call, I blame myself for signing up for 24 hour protect. I did not read the whole page and was totally pissed when the charge was on my card. Though the cretans at the PeopleFinders.com call center could not assist with me removing the charges, they did provide me with a number for the 24hour protect people which did remove the charges. I have learned my lesson. I will be tons more careful when shopping online.

• So
    So Disappointy Jan 06, 2010

Do not use this site: PeopleFinders.com. They are obviously just like BottomLineBooks. They take your money by advertising what you get and then not getting it. Both businesses are a scam! Bottom Line Books sends you books you didn't order and keeps asking you to pay for them.

• Di
    DismalSVCReport May 28, 2010

Wish I had found this site about the peoplefinders scams before I got ripped off. When searching on a free site for a friend's phone number and I found the person at their correct address but the phone number wasn't posted, instead there was a link from peoplefinders to use to get their phone number. I paid the membership fee, and never got the phone number. In fact, peoplefinders didn't have a record of that person at their current address. When I notified peoplefinders to request a refund, customer service said there was no guarantees of any information being provided by their service. I felt like I wasted my time and that peoplefinders stole my money without providing the service expected. I asked the credit card for a refund due to a dispute of the charge and they refused.

• Pe
    PeoplePrivacy Mar 01, 2011

There should be class action lawsuit against peoplefinders.com and other fraud services. Time to end publishing by these scammers of any person information without the person factual consent.

• Bm
    bmorgan131 Jul 01, 2011

Old outdated information. They sucker you in by only charging .95 and then charge a 24.95 membership three days later.

• Re
    REhtange Jul 28, 2011

After using their service to try to find somebody, they signed me up for a monthly service of 24.95. Beware of the scam!!

DON'T USE THIS SERVICE!!

• Ov
    overcharged and duped Jan 30, 2015

I got charged $275 dollars for using this service one time. I didn't realize I was signing up for a monthly service. This company is criminal and I would like to sit down with the owner face to face. With pages of small print I can see how they take advantage of people. I guess the lesson is don't give a CC# to any service like this because you will get serviced.

• Ca
    Casey74 Jun 18, 2015

I used people finders once and the next month they charged my credit card 24.95 twice. Please don't use this website. On top of that I did not get the information I was looking for. They told me they would refund my money but they never did. PLEASE RUN FROM THIS WEBSITE!

• Ju
    Julie Ashikino Nov 05, 2016

Samething happened to me.. I was looking for one person I got an address and phone number when I typed in the phone number they charged me again.. when I called I was told I did a
    Reverse look up all the info that I got was the same as I got without using people's finder.

• Tr
    Tresheka Aug 20, 2018

14.95 was taken off my card and i had already conceal my member ship. They took money with out my permission

JOLAYNE Copper Sep 02, 2018

Today, Dec 3, 2017
    We were notified by our VISA bank that we had suspicious charges. These charges were $9.95 and two charges of .50 cents each. We had to cancel and now without a card for the holidays!

• Ke
    kencastile Nov 01, 2018

I have been continually charged for a service that I did not want. I asked for a search over a year back, and somehow got on a monthly charge. Please stop that charge and reimburse me for those many months that I did not use the service.

Kenneth W. Castile

• Et
    ETSter Oct 26, 2019

Interesting. Some scumbag stole my credit card number about 3 weeks ago which I caught instantaneously as I'm signed up for alerts should any charge go on my card. Today, PeopleFinders tried to charge the now-canceled card not once, but twice! Such ethics astound me, you thieves.

• Wi
    Willie Gillispie Nov 12, 2019

I was charged 24.95 when I already cancelled account it was useless

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices