Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Business & Finances Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com This is a waste of time!
Author of the complaint
1:00 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Pch is a huge waste of my time! I have been trying to win through pch (publisher's clearing house) for quite a few years and I have ordered things, filled out all the entry forms and I have never ever won anything from them! This is a total rip-off! I will never ever deal with pch again! I am through wasting my time and not getting nothing in return! This company wants you to fill out all these forms and search for chances to win and buy things, but they never give you nothing in return! This is a huge waste of anyone's time! Block pch from your e-mail and don't answer them at all! All you will get in return is a bill for having to purchase items!

More Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com complaints & reviews

Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com - received a package I never ordered!
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com - scam
Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com - matched and did not win!
Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com - having to search for a product to buy before I can enter
Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com - merchandise not ordered & a return
Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com - drowning me in their daily malings
79 comments
Apr 30, 2022 8:54 pm

Well I love pch me an my kids take turn playing their games An You probably were just rushing an got your hopes up but I don't think just cause something that means you'll get a chance at

,Winning it says that they don't that anyways pch doesn't reward you for purchasing something lol all you need is patients I play all day everyday with my kids an watch all there videos an we love it there's not enough time in the world when you rush something or plan something it jus doesnt work out that way when the time comes it will come jus saying

S
Apr 03, 2022 11:16 am

I am Samuel j himes. This is Danielle I want my money ilamlllnolam

View 0 more photos
Mar 22, 2022 8:21 pm

Pch app keeps locking up can't enter the sweepstakes you get started and then you can't do anything you can see begin pulsing but there's like a smoky blanket covering the app you can't enter sweepstakes I have been trying since 8:00am central time now it's 7:00 pm and still can't enter the sweepstakes so I'm not going to waste my time and money for an app that won't work so the app will be uninstalled!

Feb 26, 2022 10:40 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This is a waste of time. Its fun to dream just like the state lotterys.Chances of you winning is Trillions to 1.Spend your time on a hobby or social media. They put these mega dollar prizes up in your face. Then beg you to order. They give you customer higher statis or VIP, That is the only thing they give you . You do get one thing from them and that is a bill if you order. You order something and you send them money. Think you will win? I have been playing there contests for 50 years and have not won anything. Did buy lots of Magazines in the early days. Most of the items they sell is not worth what you pay. Sun glasses where the frames break after a month. A nail sizzors fell apart and lost its handles. as a few examples of the junk they beg you to buy. Check the size of the candy tin case. Its only 5" in diameter. Need I say more? If you have lots or free time on your hands.and like to dream Keep on playing, For the rest,move on to more productive fun

L
Feb 05, 2022 4:30 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I won $50,000.00 on a VIP Elite game and notified them. They said I didn't but right after the game was taken off and has not returned. Then 12-16-2021 I won $650.00 towards a tv. I have yet to receive my check even with them stating they send them out in 24 hours. I am very upset.

Jan 20, 2022 10:01 pm

Hello
I have entered there contests going way back in the 1970s and on and off threw the internet. How about over 40 years and never won a big prize. I did win 2 checks for $5.00 and $10.00 recently. Must have spent 1000s of hours for those checks .Never won anything big.
.Earned and spent millions of worthless tokens over the years and never won anything. It fun to play some games now and then.But you will never win anything. Get bombarded with ads. Yes also bought some worthless junk like many other suckers. Check there candy tin size for $25. Local Grocery store you can get 10 times the quantity for that kind of money. Purchased shoe in certs that fell apart in 2 weeks. Oh paid $5.00 for a free Gift that was suppose to be worth $35. It was a dollar store stationary set worth a dollar. I got my $5.00 shipping and handling back as it was not worth that.At least I got something. Its a great place to dream on. Same holds true for state lotteries. Anyone win one of those lately?

Dec 05, 2021 9:16 am

I have received checks in the mail for both $5 and $10, but it was for something other than searching. I used to be an affiliate marketer and traffic is king. What better way to get millions of web page views than to bait people with the chance of winning money? They've got it all rigged up. When you click on one of the email search buttons, the first thing on the page is a list of suggested topics to search on. After a while, people use those suggestions because they run out of their own topics. They WANT you to use those "suggestions" because they are highly optimized keyword search terms that pay the most ad revenue. PCH is using Bing ads. (If you hover your mouse over a URL, you'll see "Bing.com" in it.) The first 5'ish search results on PCH search pages are always ads. See the little 'Ad' preceding the URL? Or if there is a shopping results ribbon above the ads, it says 'Ads' in the upper right corner. When you click on any of those Ads, PCH gets paid. Some ads don't pay by click, but rather simply by displaying the ad. It depends on how the advertiser choses to pay out. PCH is ROLLING in ad revenue. If you fail to participate in their email solicitations, your ranking drops and there will be fewer entries for you in whatever the promotion is for. Also, DO NOT BUT ANYTHING FROM THEM! It's always garbage. If you see something that interest you, go buy it on Amazon. You will ALWAYS get a better price. Plus, PCH straight up says that your chances of winning WILL NOT INCREASE if you buy merch. DON'T BUY THE MERCH. Look at the bottom of those shopping pages: NO PURCHASE OR FEE NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WON'T IMPROVE AN INDIVIDUAL'S CHANCE OF WINNING.

i am wondering who wins anything i have never heard of heard of anyone who has heard of etc... so looks like pch is a big scam and the stuff you do buy is junk and way over priced

Oct 28, 2021 6:57 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Just wondering why Publishers Clearinghouse took away all my tokens points?

Oct 24, 2021 7:06 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

All these PCH notices tell you that you do not have to buy to have a chance to win, and you can avoid buying, but, when pigs can fly, then maybe there will be a winner who did not buy anything from PCH, but won a prize anyhow. They never stop begging for a purchase either--just treat the whole thing as a good way to waste some time on a winter day, and keep playing, just to see the MILLIONS offered to the suckers who believe the advertising scam.

Oct 24, 2021 6:35 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Daisy, Keep after them-I bought a couple things, with the same problem, and I kept messaging them on the computer, and finally got an answer, an was able return the items after a few weeks of messaging them, and 1 phone call. Just keep nagging their customer service line until they will do anything to get rid of your calls, and emails

Oct 24, 2021 6:30 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have been playing the PCH token games for many years-have "spent" over 9 MILLION tokens this week alone, and although it is a better way to waste time than some activities, I have yet to collect ANY "prize" from them, so-do not get your hopes up, and do not buy any of their trash merchandise! even if they send it, it will be the most overpriced crap ever made, and the promises of MILLIONS is, like the texans say, "all hat, no cattle"! All it is, is a reasonably interesting way to spend a few hours playing on the computer. I know they lead you to expect much more, but do NOT get your hopes up for any rewards-just a time waster like solitare. They will never stop BEGGING you to buy something either, and apparently, some people fall for that

Sep 04, 2021 1:42 pm

When I worked as a toll collector on a turnpike system, when someone complained and said they wouldn't pay, there was usually a highway patrol close by to explain things in no uncertain terms. I sometimes just told them 'No one put a gun to your head and made you get on this road. The entrance is clearly marked. You have a choice, take the faster toll road or take the scenic route at a much slower speed! Well folks. it's the same here, no one put a gun to your head and made you "totally waste your time"! Stop complaining and quit playing. It gives us people a better chance to win when there are fewer players!

Dec 24, 2019 7:58 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

How many times do I have to post comment about how bad pch is... they just want you to buy junk> period they never give any thing away...

Dec 24, 2019 7:53 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I agree with all the comments about pch. I have done also everything they ask to win... ha ha… all they do is direct you to a shopping site to buy nothing but junk... I will never look at them again. what crooks...…. how do they get away with it. I have always ask the same question about the loan sharks.. advance financial... oh, they paid a lot of money to a government crook...

E
Nov 07, 2018 3:20 pm

It is a scam. It's all about ad revenue. PCH will say anything to get people to clickbait. Look up any given name listed as winners on their site. You figure you would find a record, newspaper article, anything that would mention the person winning but you will find nothing. You would also figure playing their scratch offs, and instant win games for years that you would at least see one win, even if just a small win. You won't, nor would you find any record of anyone winning a thousand, or few thousand dollars playing PCH's scratch off as they advertise on the games. This is coming from someone who played all the games on their direct site, main PCH app, and the games in the PCH Lottery app daily. All you'll manage to do is waste your data quickly because all the ads, and make PCH revenue because of those ads. I'm also pretty sure they scan your device for currency and other personal information. I still can't quite figure out why both their pages, and ads takes so long to load compared to other websites that are littered with ads if something fishy isn't happening.

B
Nov 14, 2021 11:52 am
Replying to comment of Eric Yoder

A few years back a check for TEN DOLLARS showed up at my house from PCH. It was a surprise, no notice had been made during hours of playing games that anything had been won. Nothing is/was bought.
When I turned in the note to my accountant to verify that bit of income there was bewilderment. Apparently mine was the first seen who was willing to pay taxes on their small amount of winnings.

Jul 28, 2018 3:35 pm

Playing...for over 50 years ...never won a thing...complete waste of time

Nov 16, 2017 11:43 am

I have family who is, let's say, a high ranking PCH employee. I won't say their gender or title.

But understand one thing, you're never ever ever going to win unless you have a strong purchase history on file with them. If not, they disqualify every single entry who doesn't have a healthy purchase history on file with them by a specific date for each "sweepstake." The software they use sorts this out. PCH even hires specialists & pay for advice on the psychological aspect of this phenomenon to keep enticing you back. Even all the way down to colors and font they use. For example, when u first start out the ads you must sit through are shorter than the ones when you have millions and millions of tokens. The pages you must bypass of their items for sale are shorter. They're still long, but nothing in comparison to someone with 6+millions of tokens. The reason for this is they dont want to overwhelm you too much. But once you reach a certain token mark they know you're likely to do whatever you must do as to not make allllllllllll that other time feel like a waste. If you ever reach 10+ million tokens you will be scrolling down endlessly to reach the "continue" button only to reach another identical page which sometimes requires you to go through up to 22 pages of it and super long scrolling just to reach the "entry" page and even then, there's likely three more pages lol. But experts advise them that people will do this once they reach that level. Its psychologically & emotionally vampiric. And even after you do alllllllllllllll that for years and years and years you're entries are sorted out through their software to "dump you" when you have little or no purchase history. I was told there is no set amount that you have to spend with them just as long as there is a healthy successful purchase history because they get you on shipping & other fees regardless lol. They make millions of dollars every few weeks off alllllllllllllll those ads they have you watching & dealing with. As long as the ad runs, they make money. And when its millions of people "playing" & entering every second of the day that ads up for them. This is why you get loaded with emails & them pleading with u to "enter enter enter." As far as winners go, well they're bound to strict rules & guidelines as far as discussing what really happens when they win. Exposing PCH could open a lawsuit against winners so they seldom reveal what actually happens & how much they ACTUALLY win lol. If you slow down & dont play as often you will notice that when you start to play again the ads you watch will be significantly longer as will the pages you must scroll through. This is because they are trying to needle as much money for the higher paying ads out of you as they can and the ones that pay them more are the ones that are longer. The software detects your low activity & sends a signal for this to occur. Its like it knows its starting to "lose you" & your interest is declining.

Nov 17, 2017 10:18 am

And if you're thinking they "can't by law" disqualify you for not having a healthy purchase history on file with them, ask yourself how would you ever know lol? HOW? You wouldnt.

Even when they're audited or have to meet certain standards even investigators wouldn't know thats what's occurring. The software spits you out & rejects you as a possible finalist or winner selection number when you lack the purchase history credentials. It doesn't say WHY, its just a known code that the PCH programmers know & it simply looks like these names were people not chosen naturally and not for unfair shady practices.

I will say there is the occasional winner they let win for the $5, 000-$10, 000 amounts every blue moon so it doesn't look "suspiciously convenient" to investigators when they're sued again. And they will be sued... Again. Lol. Eventually.

Its an incredibly well thought out professional business plan aimed at maximizing their profits & keeping you making them money all day long every day lol. If PCH had it their way each person would spend no less than three hours per day watching & viewing ads so they can rake in the dough.

I'll be surprised if anyone is selected to win the Dec 2017 huge sweepstakes. My guess is they'll just reset it to keep you on the edge of your seat frothing at the mouth to win as they push it well into 2018 & make another 20+ million lol.

Nov 17, 2017 10:31 am

Endless people are playing right this very second and they have no idea they're totally disqualified due to no (or low) purchase history. U think PCH is gonna tell people that when they know the people playing & making them all that money would never have no way of knowing in the first place?

But sometimes the software malfunctions & some "winners" are chosen even tho they have no purchase history on file. But PCH quickly apologizes for the "glitch" & of course they win nothing.

If you're playing right now yet you've been disqualified, how would u even know unless PCH notifies u? And WHY would they do that to one of their cash cows? I'm just relaying what ive been told.

Jul 27, 2021 2:19 pm

Thank You.

Jul 27, 2021 2:19 pm

Oct 10, 2021 11:06 am

I have also been playing for over 30 yrs., and did win $10 once. That works out to WAAAY lrss than a penny a day. But...what the hell? I'm retired, and have plenty of time on my hands. I'm now a VIP Elite, so my chances of winning a big pile of cash MIGHT (?) be a bit better. Maybe I'm giving them too much benefit of the doubt. However, I DO believe them when they say a purchase WON'T increase someone;s chances of winning (that's per the law, I believe)

F
May 01, 2017 8:34 am

I did not order in several months and I received a notice of shipment from PCH. I called them and complained. they said, "don't worry, don't pay that bill and you can keep the item for free." NOT! They still billed me and said they had a request on file from me. Total BS. I've tried to win something for 20 years with no luck at all. I started looking up the people who won and could not find them. Does anyone really win? Missing, broken and cheap items seem to be the only way they make money. I ordered two Bible CDs and NEVER received them. They told me to file a claim with UPS. UPS said the shipper has to file. So, I'm SOL getting my CDs. Customer service tells you whatever to shut you up. Don't bother with PCH, you'll only be sorry in the end.

Jan 04, 2017 5:03 am

PCH is bull#### no one ever wins

Jun 11, 2016 8:43 pm

They should do something to shut them down.been on for months and no rewards

O
May 02, 2016 4:15 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I started only this year, got a scratch-off that said $100 and one that was $1oo, ooo, ooo (million) I signed nd sent both back and never heard about this again. I then started to spend hours playing in line, I was shone a what looked like an air strip with a white jet and a sports car had to pick something to win this $80 or $90, ooo vacation. I won and a notice came up that I could pick anywhere in the world I wanted to go, that was the last I ever heard about that. I played another game where yo get points and bells and whistles went off that I won the money $2, 500 and again never heard from anyone about this. Oh they tell you your a VIP yeah and they are coming to the florist and they give you a map of your location, and etc. Nothing, I spent oner $300 buying their junk I never needed to get them to let me play, they keep begging for you to please look again, you get tired of saying NO so you pick something you never needed. They lie about prices of Mag. at anytime I could get Consumers for $30. The shipping cost is outrageous.I am so sorry I was so gullable and got roped into this. I wasted many prescious hours and this nonscense, never never ever again.

G
Feb 28, 2016 12:47 am

I payed pch lotto for years and never won anything but these stupid tokens iv'e gotten emails on twitter from danielle lam four times i was a winner and they said i wasn't yet i play these stupid game till past midnight and i'm sick of of the added cost from my cell provider for using too much data plus i get charged for these stupid apps from pch and their stupid emails saying i'm a vip i hate this ive complained to the FBI that these games are a come on and that our state said it is illegal to play any out side lotto .All said i see these fictious names being drawn every week that this person won when i was playing till early morning every day IT's not worth wasting my time when iv'e never won anything this is a frekin setup also i hate when they say your an iminate winner and you dont win nothing i wish the FBI would shut them down for good ive wasted x number of hours on the internet playin games .I'm done with them

Feb 27, 2016 8:24 pm

I play all of the games on Pch every day all day. the same players win over and over again. 3-4 times a week. these players are not being fair to other players who play faithfully and fair. Pch claims they are fair. The players are using some kind of cheat software to get on top of the leaderboard when the person that is already #1 and has over 200, 000 points, The cheater comes in and ends up winning gaining 1000, 000 points or more at a time. THIS IS NOT FAIR TO PLAYERS PLAYING YOUR GAMES! The players know who they are and don't give a damn about the other players. does Pch know who is on the leaderboards? Are the leaderboards being watched? I don't think so. I have been on the top of the leaderboard but cannot stay there. you need to stay up all night playing to keep the #1 spot. Obviously you do not care and how many winners checks you send to the same players who win over and over. I have seen multiple posts on Pch and everywhere else that are complaining that too many players cheat using some kind of cheat program. The games are getting very boring because of the same players winning!

E
Feb 21, 2016 5:03 am

I believe you all are correct all PCH IS is A scam i Constantly get emails to enter contests an play games .alleged cash prizes all i see TOKENS FOR NOTHING i wish cash for fixing my house that falling apart NO money to fix an pay medical bills off an see grand daughter. but I stupidly tried to believe . A SCAM ...yes

Feb 02, 2016 11:48 pm

Less than 99.99% of people on your site actually win something. You are the worst of the worst. If you advertise that you may win 2500.00 and someone plays more than 500 times and does not win anything you are false advertising. You are a bunch of low life MF.

Dec 28, 2015 7:55 am

Yes, It is a waste of time, because the odds are 1 to billions to win anything...but it is entertaining until the dream fades away ..just be careful not to order anything...all overpriced 99c store items made in China...

Aug 11, 2018 4:01 pm
Replying to comment of Mia Ny

Agreed - I wrote them and told them I would never ever order from them as all the stuff I got was junk and I could find in the 99c store and they charge 3.99x4! Total Scam! I told them to stop mailing me and now my email is inundated with their stuff.

C
Jul 25, 2008 6:02 am

I did not order anything from PCH. An E-mail was sent regarding a so called order to be sent to my address above. I am traveling throughout the summer and am not at this address above. Do not send and do not bill me for something I did not order.
Charlotte McPherson

C
Sep 16, 2010 9:55 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Been play their games online and when I tried to redeem my tokens they are saying that i am not a citizen of the United States, when I was born here in Texas, .I know this may not be the kind of complaint that you are referring to but I do not think they should get away whit things like this, thank you Katherine Scott on their game my mane i use to play is (broncobilly)

Sep 14, 2010 3:04 pm

I am unable to redeem tokens as the site keeps telling me I am not 18 years of age. I am, in fact 67 with 9 great-grandchildren. Can you tell me how to rectify this error? I now have over 160, 000 tokens & the games are no longer fun if I can't change my eligibility to win prizes.
Mary Hug
c/o [email protected]

Recieved e-mail from PCH for chance to win $100, 000.a week for 1 year tells you to transfer seal no seal to transfer and will not let you continue with entry.This is one way of making you disqualied with out you even knowing it.

May 06, 2009 6:19 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They sent me an e-mail stating that the product I ordered will arrive in 2 weeks. I never ordered anything and will not pay for anything.

Jan 11, 2009 3:24 pm

i ordered a bible Cd for $26.95 and when i went to play it it said ERROR and poped the Cd out . it is defective and now you want money for something that does not work ! i am a senior on a fixed income the CD would have helped us study our bible but i cannot throw the money out the window on a defective part
[email protected]

W
May 11, 2015 2:20 pm

You can't win on anything. The most I won was $10. And I had to spend it on there web

May 13, 2011 12:11 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

they say they make dreams come true the only thing they dont for me is fill my mailbox with junk mail

A
Mar 21, 2011 7:54 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I try to just submit an entry, but one has to fill out so much survey stuff I get angry and just exit the site. Can't your Company make it easier for online users?

Nov 16, 2017 11:17 am

If there wasn't gobs upon gobs upon gobs of ads and videos for you to watch then they won't make any money off of you!

Mar 04, 2011 5:19 pm

I ordered "Bark Off" and have tried to find a way to
return item. The packaging was misplaced or thrown
away, so I need information on how to return this
defective item. I don't want to pay for a defective item.
Please advise!
Daisy Costa

B
Nov 14, 2021 12:21 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Their Customer service number is listed as [protected]. Search online on your own if this fails to work for you, Daisy Costa. It starts by asking for your customer number…

Jan 23, 2011 12:35 am

I was told i would receive an 100 dollar voucher for my magizine subscriptions.When received its say i have to spend more money before i get any kind of gift card from them.They did not explain this all to me or i wouldnt have got any subscriptions from them!They are liars and need to be stopped!

T
Jan 12, 2011 7:53 pm

my letter says go to pch.com/fast to register authorization code:PCH59 to possibly be one of 50 winners to

S
Nov 17, 2010 9:49 pm

i recieved a thankyou card to go to the web site www.pch.com/thankyou and it says there is no such site

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

352 complaints