Payoneeridentity theft

U

Someone in South Africa registered a credit card in my name with my email address. I rang Payoneer to shut down the account and cancel the credit card request. I told them it wasn't me and someone is using my identity. They asked me for all the secure pass codes etc and I was furious. How on earth am I supposed to know the answer to those questions when I never set up the account!! They told me it would take quite some time to sort it out which infuriated me even more. The lady who I first dealt with said she'd put me through to the security/IT department then hang up on me. The second time I rang back, the guy couldn't hear me (sure!!) and he hung up. 3rd time I got some guy who was less than helpful. He asked me so many questions I was obviously unable to answer because I didn't set up the account then suggested I could be scamming them!!! I am going to contact the police if I haven't heard back tomorrow. These guys are unprofessional and sounds like after searching the internet tonight that I'm not the only one who has been wronged by this company. See their email to me below...it's written as if I have set up the account!!! So in order for me to shut this down, I have to divulge all my personal highly confidential information to Payoneer! Do you think this is right? I don't!!!
I feel violated by Payoneer!!!

--------------------

We have received your request to cancel your Payoneer account, and would like the opportunity to resolve any issue that would cause you to consider canceling your account. Is there anything we can do to change your mind?
If you have a moment, please let us know the reason why you are canceling your Payoneer prepaid MasterCard so we can improve our service for our current and future customers.
If there is nothing we can do to convince you to stay, then please provide your information as follows:
Your full name and address
Your date of birth
Answer to your secure question:What is your oldest cousin`s name?
The last 4 digits of the card number
ID number used for registration (National ID, passport, driver's license or military ID number)
Sincerely,
Nelson

RESOLVED

• Updated by Talia_Payoneer · Oct 09, 2012

Hi,

I'm Talia, Payoneer's director of communtiy. First of all, I'm very sorry for the whole incident. I'd like to help you - please contact me directly at taliakl at payoneer.com so I can help you get this card shut down.

Andrew2021 Jan 07, 2021

Payoneer was a good and honest company when it was just launched and I have been using it for almost a decade without any issues whatsoever until about October 2020. Unfortunately, things started to go downhill after the Wirecard supposed $2b missing funds scandal and subsequent bankruptcy which was when Payoneer started to freeze and cancel account holders’ funds and cards, giving all sort of BS reasons to not reactivate the accounts and cards, therefore ‘stealing’ the funds of its account holders under the pretext of identity verification (which will never be accepted and approved).

Although Payoneer has denied this, it is reasonably possible that the company may have been affected and could have lost funds during the Wirecard fraud fiasco and is no longer liquid to honour all of its account holder’s payments.

As such, it probably has decided to dishonestly freeze and cancel account holder’s funds and cards so that the company need not honour any payment to its account holders. Their latest ploy to delay and withhold funds is to ask for National ID under the guise of re-verification, only to reject it again and again and again and then repeat the same BS over and over again till the account holder gets tired and gives up, thus allowing Payoneer to keep the funds for its own use. I have been there and done that and have all the emails archived to prove that.

However, to appear legitimate and viable, the company would allow about 1 out of 5 or maybe 10 account holders to continue to use their accounts and these are normally accounts belonging to residents outside Asia. From the many feedbacks and postings, most of the currently affected account holders are based in Asia numbering hundreds of thousands probably.

Their supposed Customer Service (be it phone, chat or email) is practically non-existant and if they find that they cannot resolve or answer any of your questions, they just either ban you or ignore you completely, which is what I have experienced with their community blog, phone and email. When I last visited their community blog last week, it had thousands of negative comments but all has been deleted.

So if you are a Payoneer account holder that has been affected by their latest ploy and have funds frozen and taken on a “ID verification” merry-go-round, then I would strongly suggest that you stop wasting time with Payoneer and immediately file a formal complaint against Payoneer with the relevant authorities, which means in the US and Ireland, where its headquarters are based and incorporated in. It would also be good to file a former complaint with the Central Bank of Ireland where Payoneer Europe is licensed to operate as a card-issuer. Should you have extra time, it would also be good to lodge a complaint with Mastercard International as Payoneer is obviously tarnishing their good name.

A further list of agencies which the dishonest company is subjected to jurisdiction is available on this page.

As it stands, all evidence currently seems to suggest that Payoneer is taking its account holders for a ride and no one should lose their funds to a dishonest company this way. So file the complaint asap and take this company to task.

Payoneer's Top Management

It would presumably be pointless to file any complaint to any of its CEO or management team since they are probably is instrumental in Payoneer’s current dishonest practices. The verification team probably has the board’s blessing to delay and deny verification and payments to its account holders.

The former PayPal was doing exactly the same thing decades ago and was taken to task by the federal authorities and slammed with multiple class-action suits, so there are no reasons why Payoneer cannot be held accountable.