Payoneeridentity theft

U

Someone in South Africa registered a credit card in my name with my email address. I rang Payoneer to shut down the account and cancel the credit card request. I told them it wasn't me and someone is using my identity. They asked me for all the secure pass codes etc and I was furious. How on earth am I supposed to know the answer to those questions when I never set up the account!! They told me it would take quite some time to sort it out which infuriated me even more. The lady who I first dealt with said she'd put me through to the security/IT department then hang up on me. The second time I rang back, the guy couldn't hear me (sure!!) and he hung up. 3rd time I got some guy who was less than helpful. He asked me so many questions I was obviously unable to answer because I didn't set up the account then suggested I could be scamming them!!! I am going to contact the police if I haven't heard back tomorrow. These guys are unprofessional and sounds like after searching the internet tonight that I'm not the only one who has been wronged by this company. See their email to me below...it's written as if I have set up the account!!! So in order for me to shut this down, I have to divulge all my personal highly confidential information to Payoneer! Do you think this is right? I don't!!!
I feel violated by Payoneer!!!

--------------------

We have received your request to cancel your Payoneer account, and would like the opportunity to resolve any issue that would cause you to consider canceling your account. Is there anything we can do to change your mind?
If you have a moment, please let us know the reason why you are canceling your Payoneer prepaid MasterCard so we can improve our service for our current and future customers.
If there is nothing we can do to convince you to stay, then please provide your information as follows:
Your full name and address
Your date of birth
Answer to your secure question:What is your oldest cousin`s name?
The last 4 digits of the card number
ID number used for registration (National ID, passport, driver's license or military ID number)
Sincerely,
Nelson

RESOLVED

• Updated by Talia_Payoneer · Oct 09, 2012

Hi,

I'm Talia, Payoneer's director of communtiy. First of all, I'm very sorry for the whole incident. I'd like to help you - please contact me directly at taliakl at payoneer.com so I can help you get this card shut down.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices