PartyCity.comcostume never arrived!

I ordered a costume through Party City this past Sunday, assuming that it would be processed and mailed out to my home address. I paid for the expedited 2-day shipping ($24 for the 2-day shipping) assuming that it would arrive and that I could inspect it in time for Halloween. As of today, Tuesday, I am yet to receive a confirmation that my order has shipped. I received an email stating that they received my order, but there is no Tracking Number available for my order. Also, my order number they emailed me is different from the order number on their website and I wanted to know if there was some confusion as to which order number was mine (or if both order numbers were valid for my order)

There is NO NUMBER anywhere listed on their website, nor could I find a number to get in touch with an actual person. The only way to contact them is through their Contact Us page, which is a fill-in-the-blank response where they state they will answer your question or concern promptly. After repeatedly filling out this fill-in-the-blank table with every tsubject tab they offer to classify my complaint under, I am still waiting for a response. I am hoping for a response tomorrow, as I need this costume by Friday, and their website still tells me that the tracking information has not been added, and my order numbers are not valid.

DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING THROUGH PARTYCITY.COM - IT IS A SCAM!!!

• Ki
    Kimbahh Oct 26, 2009

I have requested a return of the (2) costumes I purchased at Party city.com and they will never email me back for a return autorization...they are a scam, I am stuck with these costumes that do not look anything like what I purchased online, and this is how they trap the buyer. There is no return address on their shipping paperwork, and they do not have any "live" person to answer the phone at their corporate office number, it is just an automated system, and you are supposed to email them only for an RMA number...I have done that 4 times and left them voice mail messages at their corporate office number...BUYERS BEWARE!

MAJVT Nov 01, 2009

Ditto, ditto on the attempts to get the RA# for a return. I received a damaged costume. I've emailed and called for a month! I ended up having to purchase another costume (different vendor, of course) for my child. Here are 2 phone numbers I have used:
    [protected]
    It sounds like I am calling someone's cell phone, not a corporate office of any kind. If anyone has had success with Party City online customer service, please let us know how to get through to them.

In the meantime, I continue to receive weekly emails from them advertising sales. Are you kidding me!!

MAJVT Nov 01, 2009

Try these numbers, but I have had no success on my return of damaged goods.
    [protected]
    When will I learn to check complaints boards BEFORE I purchase!

• Em
    empty Nov 09, 2009

I can't agree more. The costume I ordered came damaged - all the buttons were falling off and the zipper is completely broken. I emailed partycity.com for a week straight now and never got a response. I hope people will check this site before considering ordering from partycity.com. I thought this would be one of the more trusted sites since they have physical locations that are open year round, but that was a wrong assumption. I'm going to inform all my friends and let them know not to order from. DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM PARTYCITY.COM, THEY'RE NOTHING BUT A SCAM.

• St
    StopWhining1 Dec 29, 2009

As with anything new, there are always kinks to work out. Online ordering is, in fact, VERY new for this company, and as such, has a few bumps in the road. This in NO way makes it any sort of a scam. Did you make any attempt to contact a physical store location? They would have promptly taken care of your issue. Did you make any attempt to contact, through a store, a District Manager to assist in your issues? Doesn't sound like it...sounds more like you would rather just complain...

• Wb
    wblspecialk Dec 14, 2010

Bring you kid in next time to try it on- they have fitting rooms

• Wb
    wblspecialk Dec 14, 2010

Party City set up their website WAY too soon before they could handle all of these complaints- try a local store, they'll at least see if they can help you out when you're in a hurry- no ideae why my message above posted on this complaint, I meant it for another one- stupid website! :P

• Gr
    growupyoudumblosers Apr 11, 2012

party city gave me exactly what i wanted, enough said.