Panera Breadhigh costs small portions

J

So, we weren't specifically looking to complain just curious if anyone else thought the prices were nuts or if it was just us. Just went to one for the first time. Agree with a number of others here, prices are out of hand. After reading a few of these we decided to post our experience as well. Here is our example: two cups of chicken noodle (4.19 a cup) and one turkey panini (8.59), total being 18.16 after 1.19 in tax (no drinks). Details: Monroeville PA, Check #525937, Order #537, 10/16/2012.

In summary the food was good but the prices were too high, we won't be going back for a good while. If the panini was larger for
9 dollars maybe but it wasn't anything special. Total size was about as long as a hot dog bun and not quite as wide as a regular piece of sandwich bread. It was cut in half and we each ate 1/2, had a little chuckle (at our expense) at how much each bite was costing us. Got the soup to go, a cup is a cup literally here, that said neither of the to-go cups were full.

We were excited to go but after our first visit have no clue why this place is so special, it was very busy. Maybe we just
didn't order the right things. The salads looked like they were bigger and some of the pastries looked good, not sure of
the prices of those items.

• Ru
    Runspotrun21 Apr 24, 2017

They get you in the drive though. Every time I go through the portions are so much smaller and poorly made. They got me again today. I was in a hurry so I didn't check my bag /sandwich. Was missing the baguette with my soup. No dressing for my salad and the sandwich was pretty small with a very small amount of meat. I have found that if you go in and order to eat in the portions are much bigger.

Comments

• Ry
    Ryan Dey Jul 02, 2016

They've had so many complaints about portion sizes that they've had to change sizes of menu items. They rip off consumers unlike any big chain I've ever experienced. Get a side of peanut butter with a bagel... Soups are exactly the same. Any to-go item is free game for them to short you. They literally give you a smear that fills ¼ of the portion promised if that. It happens at every location and it is maddening that they continue to get away with it.

• Mi
    Michael 56 Oct 28, 2012

I totally agree with you. The prices are outrageous. A medium size coffee is now $1.99 here in upstate South Carolina! I can go to McDonald's and get coffee for $1. I rarely buy a breakfast sandwich anymore because they are nearly $4. And the last time I got one it was mostly bagel. The amount of egg, bacon, and cheese I got was sad.