Panera Bread / Broccoli Cheddar Souplarge bug inside soup

On Feb 23, 2009 I purchased the Pick Two for lunch including a half sandwich, soup and chips. While eating my lunch and nearly half way through eating my soup I discover a centepede type bug inside. This was very disgusting. I informed the manager and he offered to fix me another cup of soup and give me cookies. I issued a complaint which I think the investigation is incomplete. This was not a flying insect (fruit fly or flying bug) this was a crawling bug very slinder and long. This is the most disgusting thing that has happened to me. It's hard for me to eat certain foods and took me days to even eat or keep liquid on my stomach. I am very disappointed in the results of no compensation in results to my emotional distress and eating habits that has occurred. This is a health issue that needs to be looked further into. Before this happened I had nothing against this restaurant because I basically ate there for breakfast and lunch several times a week. But, after this incident I don't think I can return. I know accidents happened but they act like I pulled this bug out of my pocket and put it inside of my soup. How dishonest and I also had a witness that was not notified regarding this incident. I guess I will transfer this information over to an attorney with photos.

• Ld
    LD1 Dec 28, 2009

You are right. Seriously. And not only that, she acts as if Panera planted it there on purpose or that now ALL Panera's are bad. Idiot! Haha.

• Rg
    RghtBkatU Dec 27, 2009

I agree LD1, People like this need to seriously get themselves checked out mentally. You want to make such a big deal over $7? Emotional distress? Did the bug crawl out and rape you? You're still alive no harm done. You got another soup, bug-free AND a cookie! People like you over exaggerate things and need to stop.

• Ld
    LD1 Apr 04, 2009

WOW! Get over yourself!

You are going to get a lawyer just because you didn't get compensated the way you had wanted to over a bowl of soup?! You are an idiot.

Yes, it is disgusting to find something like that in your food. I probably couldn't go back either, but I wouldn't get a lawyer over a bug in my soup. What is he going to do? Get you your $6.49 back? Honestly, chill out. They said they were sorry. If you must, call the health department, but don't get a freakin' lawyer involved.

You sure know how to make yourself look like a money loving, idiotic, unpleasable ###.