The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Panera Bread — unsanitary/disgusting/unhealthy
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I have worked at a panera bread for the past year and a half. I have seen many different things in my 18 years of living but nothing compares to the sheer atrocities I experience daily at panera. Let me explain.
First of all do not eat the cream based soups. (Ie tomato, clam chowder, black bean, mushroom) these soups are supposed to be only used once. However at my store and others they will
1. Thaw soups for that day. 2. Heat soups up.
3. At the end of the night re freeze the soup.
4. Next morning they will heat it up again.
This is horrible because anyone who eats this soup again after the first day will get a terrible stomach ache and possibly food poisoning. If you have ever gotten sick at panera this is probably the reason. No joke I have seen soups with day dots on them from 2 weeks ago that we serve. It is disgusting.
Next the iced tea and iced coffee containers are vile. They are never cleaned out at the end of each night and contain resedue of old tea and old coffee probably weeks if not months old. The insides are often black and collecting harmful bacteria. Maggots are prone to these containers and will end up in your drinking cup!
Also bread will be dropped on the floor and then served again.
The worst I have ever seen was we had to clean under the food serving station and underneath where they prepare the food for each customer. There were maggots growing! They do not clean the store properly and food is often left for months!
I'm telling you that your best bet is to just choose somewhere else to eat. Panera bread contrary to some beliefs is not healthy for you. A single cookie contains as many calories as a hamburger from mcdonalds.
Do yourself a favor and just go to mcdonalds. Its cheeper and probably more sanitary.
More Panera Bread Complaints & Reviews
- Panera Bread - terrible experience
- Panera Bread - discrimination
- Panera Bread - the new tipping feature when checking out. it's got to go
- Panera Bread - working experience
- Panera Bread - I have had a very horrible experience
- Panera Bread - managers
- Panera Bread - lentil quinoa with cage free egg/turkey bacon sandwich
- Panera Bread - overcharge 5 times for an online order
- Panera Bread - poor customer service
- Panera Bread - cashier meanness (2955 sw 160th ave-pembroke pines, fl)