Outback Steakhouse Logo

Outback Steakhouse

Having problems with Outback Steakhouse?

Outback Steakhouse reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 2, 2009. The latest review Filet minion was posted on Apr 18, 2021. The latest complaint Food quality was poor was resolved on Dec 31, 2020. Outback Steakhouse has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 318 reviews. Outback Steakhouse has resolved 10 complaints.

Outback Steakhouse Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 859 4734 (Customer Service)
2202 N West Shore Blvd
Tampa, Florida

Outback Steakhouse Complaints & Reviews

Outback Steakhousecustomer service

My wife and I ate at the Outback on Wells road in Orange Park, Fl on Thursday 9/14/2017. The bartender had the personality of a dead fish and was more interested in counting out his drawer at 9:40 than he was taking our order. I asked him what time the kitchen closed and he told me 10:00. That's fine but did not offer to tell us last call was also at 10! At 10:15 I asked for my second glass of wine and he said the bar was closed. My wife and I have just lost our home to a flood from Hurricane Irma and are living in a hotel down the road from Outback. If this is how Outback want to treat the people who have suffered through the storm then I will never eat here again and I will also inform my Facebook friends of this treatment. Your bartender was more concerned with ending his shift then the service to his customers. I still left him a 20 % tip regardless. I travel 40 weeks out of the year for my work and eat at Outback at least half of those weeks but never again. Outback was started in Tampa Florida I would think they would have a spot in their heart for people in Florida. To bad.

Outback Steakhouseservice and food

I had dinner or intended to have dinner at your restaurant on Fordham Drive in Virginia Beach I was given a steak medium rare rather than well done but that was fine when I sent it back they brought me another steak that was still pink but had absolutely no taste I assume they just threw a piece of meat on the grill and brought it out to me the young lady explain to me that I needed to ask for seasoning on the steak which was Ludacris! If I were offered another menu item I would have accepted that and been satisfied I was told they would remove the price of the steak and basically goodbye terribly disappointed when I compared to past visits at other restaurants locations

service and food

Outback Steakhouseservice complaint

Past Friday 8/25/2017. I took my family to eat at outback steakhouse in oceanside California. A family and two elderly couple went in as same time as my family. They got seated. We gave our name and number of people. We waited it for 10 min, there were plenty tables. At the time a family party ( Caucasian) of 8 came in gave their name they didn't waited as long as my party. The man turn and ask the girl ( she had a purple shirt I believe it was manager)my table of 8??? Of course we will get it ready for u right away with a big smile on her face and very friendly to them. I waited other 3 min then I ask them regarding my table and we were there before them . her face change from smiling and been friendly to a serious face . she just answer it would in a few minutes. I was not treated same as the Caucasian family. I felt discriminated that I needed to wait longer just to be seat it. I got up and thank her and left with my party to chili's better treatment.

Outback Steakhouse6 oz filet

This past Sunday, August 27th, my family & I went out to eat at our local Outback Steakhouse to celebrate my birthday. My husband & I ordered the lobster & 6oz filet, my oldest daughter ordered the 6oz filet & my youngest ordered the sirloin from the kids menu. All of us requested medium as the steak temperature.

When our meals came out, my steak looked nothing like a filet or the other filets. Mine was 1/4 of an inch thick, which is not typical of a filet. My youngest daughter's sirloin looked more like a filet than mine.

I did cut into my steak & took a bite, but the texture of the meat was not of a filet. I told my waitress & she informed her manager. The manager came back out less than 5 min. after she said she would make me a new steak & presented me with another piece of meat.

I was a bit suspicious since the timeframe was so quick and knew that it took a lot more time to cook a filet than less than 5 min - even at a medium temperature.

Anyway, I did cut into the steak & take a bite. Flavor was good, but it was not a filet. The texture was not of a filet. I took a bite of my husbands steak just to compare & it definitely was not the same.

I informed my waitress of this, but asked her not to let her manager know because I was already embarrassing my family enough and if I sent it back, I was essentially calling the manager a liar.

Overall, I am quite disappointed and felt I had no options in this situation. But I did feel I was taken advantage of by the manager. I will not be back to this outback unless I know this manager is no longer at that location.

My ticket # was 0108-1; server was Victoria P, timeframe was 8/27/17 at 18:07 - this was the Outback in Crystal Lake, IL.

Outback Steakhousefood and service

On going problems. The latest 8/19/17
          The service was very slow and poor. Our food (lobster and steak) was cold not warm cold. Like it had been setting out. When we did receive our food we were told that they were out of bake potatoes and we could substitute with another side entry. We should have been told this before our food came out to us.
          We usually eat about 3 times a month. $45-$50 every visit.
          Our last 2 months that we have ate at Outback keep getting worse. We gave Outback another chance thanking it would get better BUT did not.

Outback Steakhouseuncooked steak

Please see the attached receipt. On 8/12/2017 We ordered medium well steak and it was red and bloody inside.
            I had to wait a long time for our waiter to come back and since we were supposed to be somewhere, we left not finishing our meal. I would like to receive a refund. We waited 20 minutes to get our food and we didn't want to wait another 20 minutes to send it back to kitchen and get another one...

uncooked steak

• Updated by kjkaedi · Aug 13, 2017

I just added more photo

Comments
                Comments

Outback Steakhouselobster

Ate filet mignon and lobster on sunday June 28th 2017. In the middle of the night woke up to terrible stomach pains and nausea and vomiting. The pain was excruciating i broke out in a cold sweat and was unable to stay at work due to the aftermath and I am requesting a refund at least for the lobster because I spent 45.00 and change not including tip and to be this sick is unacceptable.

Outback Steakhouseover cooked steaks and missing product

We eat at the niagara falls blvrd store twice a mnth. We always eat the same entrees.
                I have the porterhouse and my wife the surf and turf w/ tails. Apps blooming onion.
                We always sit at the bar and enjoy some sports and margaritas. Everything is always great except the last time we dined in. I order my steak extra rare and my wife well done. My porterhouse was well done, wifes was bloody rare and they forgot the lobster tails. The place was buzzing and way under staffed. I couldnt believe it. 3 servers on the whole floor. The bartender couldnt even handle her own bar because she was constantly making the servers drinks. Not a manager in site to help out. When i complained about the steaks and no lobster i was told it was because they were short handed and the normal grill cooks werent there which i find hard to believe.
                I love my oatback!! Now the wife wants to go to texas roadhouse today and i cant have that!! I spend over $100 on 2 people every visit. Lets make wifey happy with some sort of comp please. We live rite down the street. Id hate to have to travel for inferior food and service. Thank you

Outback Steakhouseservice and food

Saturday 2 friends and I went to the Oceanside CA Outback Steakhouse. What an experience, not a good one. It started out when I got there and said to the young man, I had reservations for 3 for 6:15 pm, I gave my name and said I had called Friday to make the reservations. He said I can't find your name, well needless to say I got upset. Had to wait 15 minutes for a half booth when I had requested a booth for 3. The food was not up to par for Outback. Had to wait long enough for the food so I didn't say anything. Waitress wasn't all that pleasant either. Bad experience, will be awhile before we go back if ever again. Probably not the Oceanside restaurant.

Outback Steakhouseterrible experience at columbus, ga outback restaurant

Imagine it's your wedding anniversary. You choose Outback ONLY because you have a gift card--past experiences there have been less than one should expect from Outback. Almost empty restaurant. but a family of Mexicans is led to the booth next to yours--they have a constantly crying baby and two other kids chattering incessantly in Spanish. Salad dressing is horrible, wife's steak is under cooked, and yours has so much black pepper on it that you couldn't eat but a few bites. Iced tea was intolerably sweet. Baked potatoes were ok, but that's the only part of the meal that was acceptable. Service was slow and made even worse by the fact that a server trainee was doing most of the work.

This scenario really happened and just as I described it. It happened to my boss earlier this week and since then he has told several people what happened to him and his wife on their anniversary when they just wanted a nice, quiet dinner together. I imagine that, by the time all is said and done, he will tell a LOT of folks.

As for me, I quit patronizing Outback some time ago after two very bad experiences in a row. I have told as many people as will listen what a terrible place to eat this restaurant is and more than a few have related to me that they feel the same because of their own horror stories.

If sales are declining at this establishment, remember this: Most people won't write or call when they become disgusted with your lackadaisical service and poorly-prepared food--they just go somewhere else for their dinner.

• Updated by Larry Kitchen · Nov 26, 2017

If the commenter were fluent enough in English to read AND UNDERSTAND the context of the complaint about the Mexican family, he/she wouldn't have to have this explained to them. However, here it is:

In a restaurant with an abundance of seating available, the staff placed a loud and obnoxious family next to an older couple trying to have a quiet anniversary dinner together.
                        The fact that the family was Mexican and were speaking Spanish had a LOT to do with the amount of annoyance their constant racket caused. Speaking a foreign tongue made their loud, rowdy behavior into just NOISE.

• Po
                        pobarjenkins Nov 27, 2017

Your boss should be the one posting this complaint as it sounds like you were not present during the experience. Did he ask if he could get a different table? Did he ask for a manager? Did he tell the server? Has he called that location to provide his feedback? Has he tried to contact the corporate office? They cannot resolve an issue if they don't know about it. Also, I feel like with the internet a greater quantity of people are now using websites to share their experiences (as you have done here).

"If the commenter were fluent enough in English to read AND UNDERSTAND the context of the complaint"
                        By the way, this is certainly a rude thing to say. The commenter asked a valid, understandable question (there is still no reason for the family to have been described as Mexican). I'm sure there are many people who do not feel that hearing a foreign language loudly is more annoying or obnoxious than hearing their native language loudly. I personally would prefer hearing a language I don't understand.

• Wi
                        Winetank Nov 25, 2017

What does the family being Mexican and speaking Spanish have to do with anything regarding Outback and their service????

• Po
                        pobarjenkins Nov 25, 2017

@Winetank This is an old post, but I certainly agree with you.

Outback Steakhouseservice and customers

This evening my fiancé and I went to your restaurant in Waco Texas. Shortly after we arrived and had been seated there was two women and a young boy. The young boy and his mother were returning from the restroom when an older man screamed "stop running!" at the young boy who was only about four or five years old. The man had to be mid to late twenties. As the mother and grandmother saw the boy running the grandmother had overheard what the older man had screamed at her grandson. The man thought nothing of it as him and his crowd of friends laughed at the party. One woman had mentioned for them to stop cursing as they do have a young child with them. Yet they did nothing but laugh it off. From that being said my fiancé and I are nothing but disgusted with how the party of the two women and little boy were treated. Not one server said anything to the man and his friends about cursing or being disrespectful to other paying customers. After the party with the young boy had left our server Haley W had said to the man and his party " I wanted them to leave so bad the woman was an f***ing b**** !" As she laughed along with them. The man also stated to his server along with ours that he and his party did not care because they knew the restaurant manager. We found that nothing but disrespectful and disgusting. You have servers that treat other paying customers with no respect and do nothing but laugh at them without a word such as to "I apologize for that". Absolutely nothing! Especially for another server that had nothing to do with the current situation had another remark that encouraged the man and his party to continue to laugh, curse and make jokes. Yet after everything he said "I don't care I'm personally friends with the manager here." If you have servers like that who work for your company I would not be surprised if this wasn't the first time. My fiance and I will definitely be thinking twice about returning to your location. We were uncomfortable and disrespected in a way that what if that was us in that situation. Please evaluate your staff at the Waco Texas location as to those servers do not help your business. They chase your business away.

Outback Steakhouseemployees

My husband and I had decided to try outback steak house for the first time on 5552 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78238. We arrived and there were two young hosts standing there and talking until they finished out their conversation. Once they finally decided to sit as while we where waiting in front of them. One of the female hosts who wears her hair in two pinned up buns jumps up and down all crazy (for no reason) and she clearly isn't wearing a bra as you can totally notice her boobs flapping all over the place. This seriously updated my husband as there was no reason for her to do that. Additonally she would pass by our table and give my husband eyes. It made him uncomfortable and we had to move tabes just to not look at her.It ruined out perfect day and our meal. Our server was kind but our check was 30$ and we gave her a 50$ but took 20 mins to return back. Then she finally noticed that we were still waiting for our change. I guess she thought she was getting a 20$ tip. I only gave 10$. Which I felt was okay due to the okay food and crappy inappropriate host.

Outback Steakhousestaff/ restaurant

Restaurant had a bad odor when we walked in.we should have left bout only had a sitter for so long. We ordered appetizers. We got appetizers...no bread. Asked for bread 20 mins latter it came cold. Food came, order crab legs. Came with no crab fork. Waitress said we don't have those. What the ? Manager said nothing. We have pictures of rooted food under our table. Disgusting. Manger said oh I see that but no sorry no excuse nothing. What the what. Ridiculous. We arrived at 4:30 on Wednesday July 19th to your restaurant in Pittsburg ca. Use to be our favorite spot. We will Never be back. Will be calling the health department with the photos of rotten food under our table.
                          Kristel king
                          [protected]@yahoo.com
                          I'm happy to forward you photos as well

staff/ restaurant

Outback Steakhousefood and very bad service!

So me and my boyfriend went out on a date and we ordered a blooming onion and two steaks and some macaroni. And a water and lemonade. Well when the good got to us it was hour late! And! The waiter quit! Our food was sooo cold our steaks looked like they just got cut off of a cow! Blood everywhere soooo nasty we spent well over $50. Waste of money! Never going back again very disappointed!

Outback Steakhouse — food

Good morning ! I would like to share about my experience Saturday night at the Saint Cloud Florida location...

Outback Steakhouseunkempt ladies room

My daughter and I went to the Outback in Kempsriver Crossing in Va. Beach tonight for dinner. I am a disabled 56 year old woman on TPN with a MedPort in my chest. When I went to use the bathroom, I slipped on either water or urine on the floor, causing me to fall onto the floor. The impact was mostly on my right side and my right knee. I notified the manager and they took my information for someone to follow up with me. My nerves were uneasy as with the MedPort, had I fallen any other way, I could of dislodged the needle and bled out. The manager also said that their staff took pictures and cleaned the bathroom. Isn't there a regular check up in the bathrooms to ensure cleanliness for your customers, especially for the elderly and disabled.

Outback Steakhousenoisy children in the bar

My husband and I visited the Outback Restaurant in Westminster, CA. last night for an evening meal.

We sat in the bar area, as we have several times in the past. A young family with noisy children were seated around the bar itself. We asked our waiter and then the manager why children were allowed in the bar and were told that it was because the Outback was "a family restaurant" and children were allowed to sit anywhere, according to corporate policy.

If this, in fact, corporate policy, then this decision needs to be re-visited. Adults should be able to enjoy a peaceful meal in the bar, without the distraction of noisy children. Generally speaking, adults account for more profit than young families and our desires should be considered.

I will not recommend your restaurant to my adult friends unless your establishment sequesters young children in the main restaurant and NOT the bar area.

Outback Steakhouseprime rib

I ordered prime rib medium came out raw and tough.sent it back they said it came from another piece was not tender. They said they would take it off the bill.well guess what they did not take it off. We thought we were going crazy but they did not take it off.the waitress was very impolite. She did not help at all. It was our anniversary and I have never been so disappointed with dinner at.outback.especially with all the money we spent.

Outback Steakhouse, Ocala, FLservice during dinner

7/5/2017 2 people dining receipt says 15:45PM approx 7:30 PM EST
                                    Hi, My husband and I went out for a steak dinner and we love Outback. Our waitress was training a young man. Receipt says server is Donna D.
                                    Many wrong things occurred . 1st she was very loud. Forgot my husband ordered a salad. forgot my husband wanted water and forgot his beer. Forgot extra napkins. brought sweet potato with brown sugar on it. did not ask us. I had to change to plain as I am pre-diabetic. Bread was cold and stale. We ate dinner and it was good. asked for box and bill. My husband belomgs to the 5th meal 50% off club. So bill did not refleck this. My husband had to ask her to please recheck bill. She redid the bill. Before we left, the waitress wanted us to hand her all the dirty plates, silverware, etc. I couldn't do this as I am late 70's and have trouble lifting plates. So when I couldn't give her dirty dishes, she asked my husband to give her the things. This upset me as I came to enjoy myself. My husband will be 80 in Sept and he was very upset also. Why should we clean the table before we leave the table? Dinner was Outback in Ocala, Fl. Receipt says 0299 on righttop side and on left top says REC:169 total bill was 16.03 +4.00 tip= $20.03. Thank you Sincerely, Elaine Schecter Husband Marvin Uram

• Updated by Elaine Schecter · Jul 05, 2017

I think the waitress needs to be talked to about serving customers and treating them right. Thank you. I don't want our names used when you talk to her. Thank you.

Outback Steakhousefood

Outback Steakhouse Jacksonville, NC #3457. Food was served on cold plates and within a couple of minutes the food was barely warm. I ordered the crab cakes and my husband had the coconut shrimp and chicken. I ordered the asparagus and there was 4 spears skinnier than a lead pencil which cost me $3.99 and I also ordered broccoli and cheese which was not very good. We were very disappointed. We had chosen Outback because the food used to be very good and this was our 25th wedding anniversary.
                                      I also called Outback customer service on June 26th and left a message but here it is Friday June 30th 9:12pm and have not received a call from Outback Customer Service. We would appreciate a refund. The total was $38.47. We paid with gift cards. Server was Sara B, time 13:31pm. Reference # [protected].