Having problems with Orkin?

Orkin Customer Service Contacts

2170 Piedmont Rd NE
Atlanta, Georgia

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Orkin Customer Service. Initial Orkin complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Orkin above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Orkin. Discuss the issues you have had with Orkin and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Orkin Complaints & Reviews

The Orkin — service

I have a complaint about the orkin in doraville terrible customer service and terrible work when we first had...

Orkin — unproffestional service don't return phone calls or emails

I left voicemails and serveal email messages and did not receive a call back. The service is not professional

Orkin Pest Control — awful service

The Orkin wanna be [censored] bag tech came out, didn't do ### but talk about his jail time and how all he...

Orkin Pest Controlnot recommended

I came to Orkin Pest Control in distress after realizing that I had a bug problem. The representative Konae met with me and inspected my home on October 6, 2011. After a very thorough inspection she confirmed that I had bed bugs in my home. She encouraged me to understand that because I work in the public schools this is a likely problem.I was extremely bothered by this information, that I scheduled Orkin to come and exterminate my home on October 10, 2011. I was given a detail list of items that had to be moved, washed and bagged. I followed the list exactly. Since I live alone, I spent many nights gathering and bagging items until 2am or later at which time I would leave my home to stay with friends since I definitely was not going to sleep in a home with bed bugs.
On October 10, 2011 the technician “Justin”, came to my home to exterminate. He told me that all the bagged items should have been moved into a bathroom or kitchen for a proper extermination to occur. I was in tears and very tired at this point. Justin assured me that he would do the perimeter of each room/closets and dust the outlets and light switches (which he would remove). Justin also told me that I would need to re-wash and bag at least 30 large trash bags of clothing and other items and place them in the kitchen and/or bathrooms for the 2nd treatment.

Konae originally told me that the extermination of my home would take 2.5 to 3 hours. However, Justin who seemed to have another appointment told me it would only take 1.5 hours. Although, this seemed odd to me, I “trusted the professionals.” I returned to my home when Justin was leaving and he told me I couldn’t re-enter my home for 4 hours because of the toxins in the chemicals. I returned to my home 4.5 hours later to find:

• The outlet plates all over my house; on the floor, carpeting and even in my shoe box covers.

• My love seat and chair was upside down (which was expected). However, the lining under the chair had been almost shredded in such away that I could never repair it.

• The outlet and light switch covers were Justin “saw activity” had never been unplugged or removed.

• The closet next to the same area (that I spent many hours emptying) had never been exterminated.

I immediately called Orkin at about 9pm as stated in the written agreement (which stated that should Orkin before 12 midnight if my home was not treated to my satisfaction). They never returned my call. I called back the next day 10/11/11 at about 3:30pm. I was assured that a technician would come to my home on Wednesday, October 12, 2011. After making this arrangement, Orkin calls me the afternoon of 10/12/11 to cancel due to over booking. I made another appointment with Orkin for Thursday, 10/13/11 between 3:30 and 5:30pm. I receive a message from the technician that he was waiting at my home before 3pm. I also have a written statement that he was at my home between 2:50pm and 3:20 (Again I arrived at 3:30pm as agreed). I rescheduled again with Orkin for Friday, 10/14/11. I receive a call stating that the manager, Robert Martinez, would like to come and inspect my home which translates to another cancelled appointment by Orkin. I protested and after many conversations with Mr. Martinez, he sends a technician to my home after 5pm. I asked Mr. Martinez if the technician was going to have the time to go over the trouble areas properly. He assured me that the technician was well informed and able to handle the situation with great detail and professionalism. At this point I am very leery, but just want to be able to sleep in my home and get things back to normal.

The technician arrived “Erik.” I go over the details with him. Erik was very surprised to see how Justin had ripped through the lining on my loveseat and chair and again assured me that he would take care of this problem. I told Erik that I had another appointment and that I would be leaving. I lingered to gather some of my things, while Erik was upstairs. I heard talking and as I listen Erik (who was talking to Mr. Martinez) said, “SHE WAS GOING ON AND ON AND I AM TRYING TO GET OUT OF HERE. WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE I DID SOMETHING? DO YOU WANT ME TO TURN OVER SOME OF THE CARPETS AND LEAVE?

While on the phone he walked down the stairs where I was standing, I asked him if he was talking to Robert Martinez the manager and he said “yes”. After explaining exactly how I felt about the abusive treatment received by Orkin and after going outside to calm down, I ask Erik to leave my home. I would like a full refund by Orkin, I will never recommend anyone to this company and will be reporting this incident to the better business bureau. I have been out of my home since October 10th.

Orkinpoor service

I startted a contract with Orkin for pest control in Dec 2010. we have not received good service from the beginning. I have had to call every month to have our service taken care of since April it is now July. The lady that answers the phone says they don't do services the same time each month. I told her that was understandable but monthly service would be every four to five weeks not six or seven. I am constantly getting the run around from this company and am not at all pleased with their service. I do not recommend this company to anyone.

Orkin And David Bridgethe worst

I contracted with Orkin and they sent out this really *** manager guy named David Bridge. He was the worst. Almost seemed ###ed. Made totally *** comments about the problem and wanted money under the table to do the job for less. After I told him no and that I was going to call his supervisor is got mad and left. What a ###!!! I will never use Orkin again. They don't seem to screen there people and if someone is asking to rip off there own company by asking for money under the table. Well...what the ***??? What a peice of work Orkin sent out to me...

Orkin Pest Controlterrible service

Set up appointment... they never showed up!!! terrible I dont know about every one else out there but my time is very valuable! I have very little free time... really none! I spend a lot of time rearranging my schedule and the *** jerks dont even bother to show up! i keep my son home from soccer practice, avoid getting my child hair cut so I can run home and meet the people for our appointment and low and behold... they stand me up!!! WTF is wrong with people??? Do not ever waste your time scheduling an appointment with them! they will not show up !!!

Orkin Pest Control — horrible service

Long story short, we signed paperwork for termite extermination, got neighbors to sign paperwork, gave them a...

Orkin Liersun-professional and lied to...

Im writing this complaint in behalf of the whole Orkin company... Back in July 8th of 2010 iI meet a Orkin Branch manager {pinellas country area} we talked and joked for about 30 minutes, I asked him if they're hiring.. With a huge smile he said always, , gave me his card, , told me to call him for a pass code online to do an application...I was fired up, .. we talked about training, , classes you name it.. Called him, he gave me the passcode, 1 hour long application I submitted.. Ready to start a new career... What happens next is nuts...Ok, July 15th I gave him a call, left a message nothing.. July 19th called again left a message nothing.. July 26th called him again he picked up, told me he was on vaction did not review anyones applications, , ok said he would call me back... Waiting and Waiting.. Again I called him up {Aug. 10th}, he picks up, , he took my name down and said he will look it up today then call me back...Watiing and waiting AGAIN no call.. I call him again on a sunday{ Aug 15th) I had his cell number, he said he is so sorry, , been busy first thing monday he will look up my application... SO I CALLED HIM MONDAY MORNING 1130 A.M. {Aug 16th} he was at a meeting and told me he wll no longer be hiring.. GAVE ME A NEW NUMBER TO CALL, ANOTHER BRANCH MANAGER! THAT SAME DAY I CALLED THE NEW BRANCH MANGER'S OFFICE, HE'S NEVER IN! TIME AND TIME AGAIN I'M CALLING, ITS NOW SEPTEMBER 15TH, STILL NOTHING!? THE SECRETARIES ARE SO RUDE AND NASTY WITH ME, I REALLY WANTED THIS JOB AND WAS PROMISED AND THEY WERE NOT HELPFUL AT ALL, VERY RUDE WITH ME LIKE IT WAS A JOKE, UNREAL... OCTOBER 1, I DECIDED TO CONTACT HR IN GEORGIA ORKINS MAIN OFFICES, CALLED AND CALLED AND LEFT MESSAGES WITH NO CALL BACK, FINALLY OCTOBER 13TH SOMEONE CONTACTED ME AND APPOLIGIZED FOR WHAT HAPPENED AND STATED THAT IT SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED, AND THAT HE WAS GOING TO CONTACT ME IF THERE WAS EVER AN OPENING IN MY AREA. (STILL, WAITING AND WAITING AND NOTHING?!) I CALLED HIM BACK NOVEMER 1ST TO ASK IF I SHOULD PUT IN ANOTHER APLICATION, STILL GOT NOTHING. Definately unprofessional, sad to see that they can get your hopes up, they CAN talk good about the company, but lie to you still with no help and still no job. Been seeing alot of new faces working for them, MOSTLY MEXICANS, GO FIGURE?! I contact the employee labor laws, BBB, and my lawyer.

• GETOUTFAST Jul 28, 2011

wrong site sis

• GETOUTFAST Jul 28, 2011

side note:: {common cents} Its very easy to say we are not hiring {no game}, , but we will keep your app aside til something opens up... see, , then myself as well as others would have NOT called anymore from the begin... HEL LOW... go see the wizard...peace brother. S.A.S.

• Ne
              never again Mar 11, 2011

They did the same exact thing to me 3 different times...filled out the app, went for interview, 2 applications, 2 2nd interciews, no return calls, hiring mgr not avail, wont return calls. Better to go with a family owned company.

Orkin Pest Controlwarning

I own several rentals and have use Orkin to deal with bed bugs. The last treatment cost $400.00 for a 3 bedroom apartment last fall. I called Orkin today 11/19/11 and had a quote for a small 2 bedroom appartment come in at $850.00. The local Orkin Man said corporate had raise prices and could not deviate from the quote. So much for repeat customers. I will NOT use Orkin again after being ripped of this time. If the appartment did not have a baby living inside I would have had the time to get other quotes but I need to get the appartment treated imediatly. You know what they say abount a rock and a hard spot... Do not use Orkin until they bring there prices down to earth. The only way the boneheads at corproate will get the message is when the bottom line is affected.

Orkinwaste of money

These people have NO idea what a Guarantee is! They use the word but they don't actually guarantee anything! The commercial says that If the customer isn't satisfied they aren't satisfied. BULL!!! Do not waste your money!

I received an initial treatment and a week later more bugs! Had to call for a second treatment 1-2 weeks later, more bugs! I didn't even have an infestation and they couldn't even help me with that. Sad! I saw absolutely NO results! They have a 30 day (so called) guarantee, so they will keep coming back within the 30 days. However if you are still having problems after that, too bad for you! So they don't really guarantee that their treatments will actually get rid of any bugs, they just guarantee that they will come back as many times as needed. Who has time for that? Not to mention that on the first treatment day, I left work early to be home for the 4:00pm appointment, and the bug guy didn't show up until 7:30!!! So irritating!

The guy that actually came to spray was actually quite nice, but he didn't seem to be very knowledgable about the type of bug I was having problems with. Then I called a third time for another treatment and the Lady at the branch office had the nerve to tell me that because I was 1 day past my 30 days, they would come back out as a FAVOR but are really obligated to! Unbelievable!!

When I made the initial call to Orkin, the sales person was talking all this crap about doing everything they can to rid me of the bugs and that they would help me find the source of the problem. Getting someone to help me locate the problem was what I was also hoping the "Expert" would help me do. They don't seem to know too much more than you do. All they focus on is spraying some watered down crap and taking your money. I could have gone to the store and bought some spray myself and done better than the results I got from the so called "Experts".

Save yourself some time and money. Call a local exterminator that has a REAL guarantee on their work!

exorkinemployee Feb 25, 2011

It doesn't matter what kind of bugs. Orkin claims to be the "Worlds Best" and should have made that identification for the customer prior to the signing of any contract. As an ex employee of Orkin with 20 years under my belt in this industry I've now learned that Orkin is the worst managed pest control company in the industry. Followed very closely by Terminex.
                  If you place a value on the services you receive vs the money you spend, I advise you stay away from either of these 2 companies. All either of them care about is your money. You'll get far better service from a local company who actually cares about you as a customer.

Orkin Termite/Moisture 'Control' — orkin scams the elderly!

21 years under contract with orkin for termiate and moisture control — when my contractor came out and pulled...

Orkin — killed my pets

orkin employee came and sprayed my house and killed my fishes. I call them and made a complaint and I got the...

Orkinmoney hounds without morals

I am also a former employee of Orkin and let me tell you almost all of the negative comments for mentioned are absolutely, positively true. I thought maybe it was just the branch I worked for but after reading over the comments made by other Pest technicians, I can clearly see that it wasn't just by branch but the entire corporation. I spent approximately three long grueling years with an unappreciative staff that only wanted more, more and then more, well you get the point, from you. During the interview process they will tell you anything to get you to join their team, but you will soon find out there is no team, it's everyman or woman for themselves. Long hours, lousy benefits and a schedule you can't even plan a bathroom call on. If you hate sales and quota's definitely steer away from Orkin. There motto should be " Show me the money!" It is not how we can assist the customer in their pest problems, it's how soon can you get us the money or sign this contract will take care of your bugs later, if I have the time. A place where managers come and go and only like to tell you what you want to hear and not listen to what you have to say. You might say I'm just a whiner but let me tell you, I have given my all for this company with nothing in return. Employment benefits that were promised upon dismissal was just another preempted lie. I am still fighting that battle. I was not fired but physically and emotionally unable to continue the pace Orkin required. There was no organization in this company. Everyone fought for morsels of pesticides when we did receive them. It was all about saving company money with little concern for the customers. As far as health protection, Ha! Ha!, your lucky to have an up to date filter in your mask. Proper protective equipment was far and in between. Well, I believe you get the point. In the future go with a good christian mom and pop pest control company who base their values on the customers and have a conscience. If you ever decide to work for Orkin, I will pray for your soul...

• Co
                    CorporateHater Apr 01, 2011

I'm in the sales department for ORKIN in the Termite Branch. Our work hours have been extended with no overtime pay. They say we are exempt employees. I believe they have a different meaning on what exempt employees ought to be. According to Orkin, we should have 5 appointments a day, Monday-Friday. Appointments should start as follows: 8-10am, 10-12pm, 12-2pm, 2-4pm, 4-6pm. Where is our lunch break and two 15 minute breaks? In-between appointments we are driving to the next appointment. Then once a week we have a night called "CALL-NIGHT" which can extend from 4-8pm. As for Saturdays, we work them too. We are only off two Saturdays a month, even if there are 5 Saturdays in a month. Saturday hours are from 8-10, 10-12, 12-2pm. Now in March 2011, Orkin has extended 2-4pm with no additional pay. They pay you receive is the deals you close. I asked the region manager of January 2011, if we are going to get more pay or a raise and he replied, "No, just sell more."

exorkinemployee Feb 25, 2011

Is this action still pending?
                    There is more to the deceptive practices of Orkin than are listed here. The same compalaints go beyond the "pest control" divisions of the company and into the "termite control" divisions as well. Orkin is a huge machine in this industry and I fear retallaition if I were to expose my identity. I have many Orkin documents that support this lawsuit. I can be contacted by email at [email protected] if you wish. Once we establish an attorney client prevlige, I'll be pleased to offer additional information and documentation.

Orkin Pest Control — fraud alert

I was with Orkin for about 3 years but the last year was a complete disaster. My sister and I began getting...

Orkin — rip off

This company is pathetic. So like i saw their commercial on TV soo i thought it must be an alright company...

Orkin Exterminating — terrible service

I contacted the Milwaukee office of Orkin on a Saturday with an emergency and was required to agree to an...

Butler

Orkin Pest Controlfraud

My wife and I needed someone to spray our home for insects. Thinking a national chain would be more reputable than a mom and pop joint, we called Orkin. They advised us that they could do a one time job costing about $100.00 (I can't Remember the exact amount) or they could offer a recurring service contract where we would come once every two months. The person from the call center told us it could be cancelled at any time. This was also the story given to us by the technician on his initial visit. Circumstances have now made it where their service is no longer required and we needed to cancel the service. My wife was told that we would have to pay 60% of the remaining year. My wife told them that she had not been told that when we entered the agreement. My wife was blown off and was told we had to pay the full amount for the service or pay the 60% to cancel. I then called and asked for the manager who was not available. When he did call me back he too refused to allow us out the service agreement that was misrepresented to us. I advised him that I would pay for the remaining service but that I would not offer my business to them any longer. I also advised him that I would inform all of my family, friends, and coworkers of their deceptive practices. The service manager (Randy) then began yelling at me and insinuating that I was a bad person for wanting out of my contract. He then agreed to let me out of the contract. He then went on to say that should we need Orkin's services again, he would charge no less than $250.00 for a service call.

In summary, not only does Orkin use deceptive practices to bring in and maintain clients, they are also rude and lack any customer service skills. I for one will never do business with Orkin again and I highly advise you to do the same.

• Re
                      Rejected by US Fidelis Oct 20, 2009

We sued Orkin after they failed to show up for a retreatment. We later discovered that they went to the wrong house and found no one home. During discovery we learned that they had never treated our house in the first place. They switched the case to Federal Court, claiming that there headquarters was not in our state. We would have won had it stayed in the state court. We were attacked personally. They apparently threatened our witnesses (one lost his license) and despite admitting fraud on the witness stand won the case because they convinced the jury we just wanted our remodeling paid for. I wanted to write a book about our experience and paid for the transcript of the trial. A publisher told me that if I used names I would wind up in the bottom of a river with my legs attached to a concrete weight. This company charged us over $2000 to treat our house and said it would take two days to drill the holes to float our house on a cloud of pink foam...we have a brochure showing a home floating on a cloud of pink foam that they gave us. The two young men told us that they were finished the same morning they arrived. We asked them if they were done and they said that they were. We were too naive to realize that there were no holes drilled in the perimeter of the basement floor. We have a B-Dry system which prevented them from treating our house. They knew that or should have known that when they wrote the contract (they made a very detailed drawing of the floor plan with the holes every twelve inches). They also didn't notice that we had wood in contact with soil (we didn't know what that meant until the trial...it is a conduit for termites to the roof). It turns out that it says in the really fine print that if they cannot treat your house you are out of luck. We also discovered that we had presumably signed a waiver that agreed that they did not have to repair any damage from the termites after treatment. It is probably safest to use a local company where you live so they have to worry about their reputation. We had a local person come out for minor pests. He told us that termites are everywhere so if they put out the traps they are guaranteed to find termites, which does not mean that your house is a target unless you have wood in contact with soil. They did treat our house for carpenter ants, twice. The first agent who came to our house told us he was a former FBI agent...he was later arrested for fraudulently doing taxes among other things for illegal aliens. He tried to sell us a water softening system even though we already had one! We paid a fee each month for carpenter ant protection and then when they reappeared they tried to charge us again. We lost our entire savings rehabilitating our house in the ten years or so that they termites managed to work their way to our roof. Their lawyers are practiced in defending the company and have to have a good track record to keep the business (undoubtedly lucrative); no matter how good your lawyer is, they are not prepared to deal with their lawyers (the kind that give the profession a bad name). The WWW is full of stories about consumers who were wronged by this company. My understanding is that the other major pest control company is no better.

Orkinpoor customer service

I had an appointment scheduled for 2-4 PM today. I left work early to attend this appointment because I wanted the individual to actually deal with pest control issues IN the home as well as outside the home. At 4:00 PM I called because no one had showed. I was put on hold for 30 minutes without anyone helping me. At 4:30 PM I called back to say no one had come. They said they would contact my Pest Control Service Person and get back with me in 5-10 minutes. At 5:30 PM (1 hour) I still had not been called so I called back. That's when they said they couldn't contact the individual and that they would need to reschedule. I said no- I had left work early for this. They asked if they could come before I left for work in the morning (before 7 AM) and again I said no. I politely but firmly told them that if someone did not come today I would cancel my contract with the company. They said they would try to contact my provider. He called within 2 minutes. He told me that the company had not called him and proceeded to YELL at me that it was not his fault, that he was at home, that he was done for the day. When I told him he could not come at 4:30 AM (the time that he wanted to come tomorrow) he said "I guess I could get my uniform on and come over. I'll be there sometime tonight". I felt disrespected (I did not raise my voice once, yet was yelled at twice). I felt as if the specialist was trying to guilt me into changing my mind. I do not feel that a customer is always right, but I DO feel that we should not be treated like this. Even if the specialist comes out this evening, the treatment of me is enough for me to say I do not wish to work with them again. This is the THIRD time an incident like this has happened with this company (within the last year) and each time I have been yelled at, ignored, or told to reschedule at a time that works for them.

exorkinemployee Feb 26, 2011

Brandon, That's normal operating proceedure for the Orkin company. Don't take it personally. Orkin treats all of their customers this way.

Orkinorkin ignores current termites

I have had annual termite service from orkin for several years. On 6-14-08 my home was fumigated. On 2-3-09 the orkin inspector told me I have termites in the table in my dining room. This implies the fumigation was ineffective. Since 2-3-09 orkin will not return my calls. I have called many times and spoken to a secretary who says the person I need to speak to is busy or in a meeting. Meanwhile my property is being damaged. At a minimum, I need to have the house fumigated a second time. This will be costly.

exorkinemployee Feb 26, 2011

As a prior Orkin employee I can tell you, Orkin will do everything they can to make it difficult for you to cash in on your "guarantee". The one thing you can count on is they will cash your checks. Orkin is no longer a premier pest control company as is stated on their web sites and on the NYSE. The ORKIN company is a cash cow and only cares about bringing in you money. Performance of service is secondary.
                          Individual state laws require that licensed companies perform to professional level of competency. The best you can do is go to your local agency for pest control service and complain to them.