Orchard Bankscam and cheating

I had decided to make use of my time overseas to improve my credit and started this credit card account. As I am in a country notorious for postal corruption I thought it would be better to use my sister's address. I have explained to them over and over that I work for the Government overseas and for security reasons I have my mail going to my sisters. The whole issue started when I logged into my account from home where I use a local ISP, at work because it is a government office we are on U.S. I.P Addresses. After this logon they blocked my access to my account. This caused me to incur a late fee because I couldn't see how much I owed from the initial annual charges. I had to incur the additional expenses of calling my sister to have her look at the physical statement. Then I paid the whole thing off. To remove this security hold they wanted a notarized letter from my sister, a letter from my office, copies of my identification and hers. She has mailed this three times to the address they provided:

HSBC Card Services
P.O. Box 80055
Salinas, Ca 93912

Their toll free number is:
[protected]

The have repeatedly told me they have not received it. So, here I am stuck with a valueless piece of plastic because I wanted to improve my credit. Their customer service people that I get to speak to are useless and offer no customer service at all. I have requested repeated that due to the fact that I am in time zone that is 11 hours ahead of theirs, if they would communicate with their security department and email me. No they can't do that. I am beyond frustrated, but don't see another option to fix my credit or get this to work for me.

• Tr
    Tricia Liu Jul 21, 2011

HSBC Orchard bank, your calls to their 800 customer service number. When you asked for dispute, call will be redirected to dispute department in their off shore Indian call center. The agent Joseph who'd refused to give last name told me they can only dispute a damage claim $112 of a total purchase of $1, 326.2 which the Chinese supplier only submitted an invoice of $911. They cited Master Card agreement that they cannot help you with partial refund for no shipment??? ($1, 326.2 - $911 = $415) And shipment was damaged by DHL China from China to LA, but the supplier said DHL China won't pay claim. So I'd asked them to submit invoice from DHL China for that $462 charge and a concession letter, so I can file the claim in US. See if DHL USA will handle the claim and refund the $462 freight charge on shipment they had ruined? But China supplier refused to submit the papers because the real amount from DHL was probably not $462. So I'd asked the dispute department to help me with shipping/handling under this circumstance that the seller was dishonest. Again they had cited Master card as they won't deal with shipping/handling. You can see the mentality is different, Orchard credit card should be my banker. Help me to file dispute of the total amount, if the other party should refund the no-shipment amount of $415 then they should pay back or submit their proof that they had already shipped. And also if they insisted to keep the $462 freight? They should submit the real invoice that DHL China really did charge them that amount and a statement DHL China refused to pay for claim on damaged shipment. Because no couriers in US can still charge freight after they smashed the goods. The whole problem was the math of the Indian staff was not that great, they could not subtract the only invoice received was $911(including the $462) and there was a $415 amount never being shipped. The factory sold something they didn't have and conned me to pay them for full amount then sent me some junks that I could not return because China is too far away. I'd spent over 20 hours in communication over the phone, they always put you on hold to read the invoices. But nobody can help them if their math was too bad and acted not as on your side but on the other party's side. Once the dispute is submitted, the other side which is the vendor can submit their proof to say otherwise. It is not their right to be a judge and not to help me to file dispute? Who dare to use their cards?

Anibal Ferrer Dec 26, 2010

It has been weeks and I have not recieved, my master credit card.It has a limit of $300.00.They took out $39.95, From my bank of america account.Also the limit of $300.00 went down to $2oo.00, I have not used it yet, In fact I have not recieved it at all.Thats a big problem there.Thank you in advance if you could help me.Mr.Anibal [email protected]

• Pu
    PurpleOcelot Dec 11, 2010

There should be a way to adjust your spam filters to totally block out anything from thier email addresses.

You might check with the FBI and see what can be done also.

You might find out the emails of the bank managers and start forwarding all of these spammails to them.

• Ty
    tynaedwards Dec 11, 2010

I am inundated with emails all day every day from this bank. Most go to spam but the overflow to my inbox is unbelievable. I have unsubscribed numerous times to not avail. I also made a complaint to the federal website. It's like Capitol One all over again. I cn't believe with all the complaints against this Bank that their practices continue.

• Ya
    yarui Sep 30, 2010

fix your credit by getting a pre paid master or visa card from your local bank and stay away from these people

• M7
    m72 Sep 06, 2009

all you need to do is file a DISPUTE on your credit report and it will be removed.

• Ju
    JULIA Jan 29, 2009

I NEVER APPLYED FOR ANY CREDIT CARD AND THEY SEND ME A LETTER FROM COLLECTION DEPARMENT (HSBC) ORCHARD BANK