Menu
Home Medical Negligence and Deficiency OnePlan Insurance complaint of service

OnePlan Insurance review: complaint of service

D
Author of the complaint
12:43 pm EDT
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Fristly, I get turned away from a hospital because according to one plan, my medical insurance has been cancelled, and they refuse to allow me to be seen by a dr. Dislocated knee, torn legaments. Only to find out on the monday, that it was a system problem, my monthly fee is payed in advance, however, my service was cancelled. Secondly, to get your money refunded from consultation visits, all 7 e-mail requests went ignored and unattended. Thirdly - not many dr's, dentists or specialists will accept the medical insurance, why, becasue of their shocking service, and non payment methods. Fourthly - when I called to complain, the consultatn lauged at me, and put the phone down. Absolutly shocking! This matter is being taken furtehr

More OnePlan Insurance complaints & reviews

8 comments
M
Dec 04, 2019 1:17 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We have received a rejection letter from ONEPLAN informing us that they are rejecting our vehicle claim based on the terms and conditions that follows, which was never explained to us at sales stage:

- You will not be covered until you have been notified that your car your vehicle is validated.
- Your vehicle must be re validated after a repair event by submitting all the images and/videos again before the our cover will be reinstated.

Fact: No repairs has been done the vehicle except for the minor servicing repairs that was done by NISSAN after each and every 15000 km since the vehicle is still under warranty. and the vehicle has never been on any accident other than the incident on: 08/11/2019

Meanwhile on an application stage we had submitted all the images/ videos of our vehicle. And the policy was accepted and the premiums were going-off from the my wife's account.

At the time of the accident I did pay my premium but to my surprise now they cannot help to repair my vehicle.
ONEPLAN is the worst insurance company and always try to find unnecessary loopholes.
I had to wait for almost 3 weeks for them to validate my claim and when I did a follow up, they advised me of the rejection
I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND ONEPLAN TO ANYONE!
I will report ONEPLAN for their unethical tactics!

E
Oct 11, 2018 4:10 am EDT

Good day,
I have never received such poor service from Oneplan. I have been with oneplan for 2 years. When I request a call they phone me then transfer me around in the call centre, ask to rate the "Service the gave"... not sure what service they are referring to and then they just hang up.
I am being over charged for the last 8 months. One agent told me it is due to the registration fees when I applied for the insurance. I am still awaiting her call. Luckily I can not remember her name. She phoned me 09/10/2018 and said she would phone me back. To date I am still waiting. Two agent down the line wasting my time a third agent phoned me. Now my premium of R610.04 is due to my claims ratio. These terms written in small writing was never disclosed to me when I applied for the insurance whereby I asked if there were anything I need to know on the increase of my yearly payments. I am totally fine with a yearly increase. When I asked the 3rd agent why was this not explained to me when I asked the question. His reply was because, Oneplan cannot disclose all the information as there is to many? So what they do is they tell you about all the supposedly good cover but they leave out the actual important details. Very convenient.
Oneplan gave me excellent support that just when down the drain. The last call I received was to say how sorry they are about the poor service. I asked what can be done? They answered they can only apologies. What is the point in apologising profusely for a few minutes but, nothing is being done to fix this.
I am very disappointed in Oneplan. I highly recommended your service and excellent cover to everyone but, unfortunately I can no longer say that about Oneplan's service.
I am cancelling my policy and please spare me the fake apology.

C
Jan 15, 2018 12:24 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

good day ive been trying to cancel since 02nd of January with no luck please cancel . id-[protected] policy -[protected]

B
Nov 02, 2015 12:03 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Thanks for the comments it's 2015 and they are still inefficient. I just cancelled my policy and will have to go to the bank and completely block them as I'm afraid I might get debited again, this company should be taken off the books.

U
Aug 22, 2013 5:12 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I also cancelled my policy with oneplan in february 2013, there was no acknowledgement from oneplan., only E-mails and phone calls asking why, and wether I would prefer to move to a differant plan . after the one month notice period I stupidly expected them to stop taking premiums, like any proffessional company would, but the premiums were still taken for a further two months . only when I stopped the direct debit at the bank did they inform me that my policy was cancelled due to non payment .this company should be banned from practising as they are just a bunch of money grabbing charlotants who you have to fight for every penny they pay out .

J
Mar 27, 2013 7:50 am EDT

Good day

I have taken two one plan Insurance's one for me and one for my parents till today we have not received any paper work regarding this, but money keeps coming of my bank account. Second I'm very disappointed in the service we are getting it was agreed that the money go off on the 1st of the month today it is the 27/03/2013 and to debit orders went of my account one of R597.00 and R 150.00. the first one that went of in Feb 2013 was for 1121.25 and 830.00. either someone contact me regarding this or I wil cancel this and I want all my money paid back to me this is not the agreed amounts.

P
Oct 09, 2012 12:04 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Thanks guys for all the comments. I definitely am not taking One-plan health insurance. They seem to be misleading people. South Africans should be protected from scams like these.

K
May 02, 2012 11:16 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Oneplan health Insurance are without integrity, keep on deducting money from my bank account although I canceled my policy in January, please people watch out for them, there phone no. doesn't work and they don't reply to the faxes I send. After I send an email to info@oneplan.co.za they promised to stop deducting, but what happen on the 1 st May 2012, they deducted money again twice while I was in the bank, the clerk was stopping the debit order, so I had to withdraw all my money from my account.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

18 complaints