Menu
Olive Garden
reviews & complaints

Olive Garden
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1041 complaints
72 resolved 969 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Olive Garden. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
6:38 pm

Olive Garden - employee

To whom it may concern:

It has come to my attention that multiple people witnessed Aaron Funes, an employee offering a coworker cocaine inside of Olive Garden while working a shift on Sunday, November 12, 2017. I wish to stay anonymous as I do not want to be involved but I feel that you should know what has been going on inside of the restaurant here at Olive Garden in Hayward, California.

T
5:42 pm

Olive Garden - service/food/staff

My family of 3 visited Olive Garden on 11/19/2017 after 1pm. The waitress we had was good, however we can tell she was over booked with customers. In addition to us and a few other tables she had a party of 20. The issue we had is another employee was delivering a drink, and dropped the drink right next to our table, spilling it and breaking the glass. As he was cleaning up the mess and leaving, I asked my husband if he had anything on him, he checked his coat which was hanging on the chair and the sleeve was covered in the drink that the waiter spilled. Because glass was still all over the floor, another waiter stood by waiting for him to come back and clean up. We asked for a manager, who came by to see what we needed, at this time we explained that he spilled the drink on my husbands coat. We both understood it was an accident and things like this happen all the time, however, he never told us that he spilled the drink on his coat and none of the waitstaff mentioned it to us at all. It was clearly visible, we had to point it out to the restaurant. The manager said I'll have him clean it up and left. About 20 minutes later the manager comes back and hands us a $20 gift card.
At this point we have been waiting an hour for our food. The waitress brings out our sons dish and tells us they are making alfredo sauce ours will be a little bit longer. However the table next to us with a party of 5 received their food half having alfredo pasta 15 minutes after she told us that. Another 45 minutes go by and our food finally arrives. Our waitress was so consumed with the party of 20 that she did not have a chance to come back and check on us. Our food was cold and taste as if it has been sitting for a long time. However, there was no one that we could inform because no ever came back to check on us, not even the manager. At this point we have been in the restaurant for over 2 hours with a 3 year old and was just ready to leave. Never got a chance to voice our concern or disappointment. I don't blame the waitress, because she was overbooked, I do however think the manager should have been more attentive to the customers in the restaurant and maybe more apologetic or at least act as if he was.

Nov 20, 2017 12:48 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I don't think the spill stain is very obvious since it blends in to the color of the coat. I believe that they truly didn't notice it. It was very kind of the manager to give you a gift card for the mistake. In regards to the wait and food, you could try calling the restaurant to speak with a manager. In the future, when you're physically in a restaurant, if you alert any employee, they can get a manager or your waiter for you if you ask.

2:15 pm

Olive Garden - horrible customer service/undercooked food

Me and my family went out for dinner and had a party of 7. We went inside and told them how many we had and she was really rude about it saying that we can't eat there because we didn't call and let them know about a party over 6 coming in. We got that problem resolved and went and sat down. It wasn't getting any worse until we got our food. I got ravioli and it was under cooked it was cold. When I asked the waiter about it she said that's what you ordered so I asked her if they were frozen or fresh she told me they were frozen. My wife got thru chicken Alfredo and that was undercooked as well. The rest of my family food was decent but not great. The waitress never came back after we got our food. Everyone needed refills but never got one. So we were very unsatisfied as of last night but the worst part of it is that me and my wife got sick from our undercooked food.

Nov 20, 2017 1:56 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

At most chain restaurants the food is frozen, not fresh. Unfortunately you don't have a way of proving it was Olive Garden that made you sick.

R
5:20 pm

Olive Garden - waitress / her name (brianna joy-brown)

A waitress about a month ago smelled strongly of marijuana when my wife and kids were sitting at the table celebrating my child 10 birthday . She took our order but was slow of speaking and really seemed aggravated . After that I was wondering did anyone else smelled the marijuana the customers next to me told me she smelled of it as well I proceeded to get up and not eat there anymore . My kids Deserve to be in a drug free environment i really don't know if you all drug test or not but I was very Disappointed . About Two weeks ago I thought by now this problem will no longer occur I see the same women entering in the building smelling of marijuana once again I walked away I don't know how this company is running there employees or if they even care but I am very Disappointed about this I tried calling the manager all she would say is "well look into It".

S
Nov 18, 2017 8:11 pm

What state do you live in? Not that I would agree with it, but marijuana use is completely legal in many states.

B
8:40 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My daughter and I ate at the local Olive Garden on 11/13 for her birthday. Service was pretty good. Food was just OK. Waiter had way too many tables to handle. My bill totaled $43.41. I can calculate a 20% tip - it is $8.60. While using the device to pay at the table, the tip calculator that automatically comes up, states that a 20% tip is $10.00. Deceptive business practice...

D
11:57 am

Olive Garden - both product and service

i came to you guys on monroe st. in toledo ohio on MY SONS 1st BIRTHDAY oct. 27th 2017 we never get out much and the night we choose olive garden i get cold undercooked chicken and rude lengthy service with no solution as my fiance and son finished before i even got a replacement. as well as only 1 drink refill throughout our entire dining. we would love to come back but are very hesitant in spending such hard earned money on these types of experiences. i set out to have a perfect day for my babies birthday and ultimately ended up angry .. and hungry ; i would appreciate an appropriate resolution as soon as possible thank you in advance

E
3:26 pm

Olive Garden - recent togo order

I have had 2 orders placed at Olive Garden ToGo menu and I have had 2 very bad experiences. I have dined in at Olive Garden and received great care. I had a ToGo on 10/31/2017 where the chicken for my chicken alfredo had a pungent order and the taste of the chicken was not pleasant. I did not get to enjoy that meal. I decided to give Olive Garden a second chance, since some time pasted and attempted to order grilled shrimp with past. I received breaded shrimps, that were soggy, in my pasta instead. I love ordering at Olive Garden and has since changed from ordering at that specific location. Just wanted it on record that I was not satisfied.

2:27 pm

Olive Garden - food

I ordered take out today and I'm highly disappointed. I arrived right on time when I was told my order would be ready. My fried mozzarella sticks were cold. My bread sticks were very very hard and over done all 12 that I ordered. I love the alfredo sauce from here so I ordered two extra sides at $3.49 each and it didn't taste the same as usual. It was very blan and tasted and looked watered down. This was over all a bad experience and I'm highly upset to had spent $40 and not be satisfied. Wish I would've saved my money but I had a taste for some great food and it didn't happen. This is the first time I've had a bad experience at Olive Garden so I had to complain.

G
10:12 am

Olive Garden - unethical behaviour and negligence

on Nov 4 I sent you the complaint below I still haven't heatd anything from you yet.

(On 10-21-2017 around 18:00 my husband ordered shrimp and scampi dish when he started to eat he saw that there was something very hard that he could have chocked on it (photo attached) he called the waitress (Amy) and she said that they had other complaints like that so she called the manager (Pam) which told us that they were looking for an other company to buy their shrimps and tried to explain. My husband said that it is dangerous to choke on this but it did not seem to bother her and that she will tell the cook. I think that they should not served a disk like that somebody could choke and die. Please let me know what you are going to do about this. I tried to find the head office phone number but I could not find it.
Ginette Primeau [email protected])

PLEASE TELL ME IF SOMEBODY DID SOMETHING ABOUT THIS

L
4:52 pm

Olive Garden - service and manager on duty demeanor

I had seen multiple ads that on Veterans Day weekend that Olive Garden was giving veterans a free entree. I went today (Friday) ask the hostess the replied they thought so as far as the promo. Was told different by waiter and manager . And was loudly put on display for the restraunt . As a veteran it is not easy to accept any free and to be treated like so I had been was embarrassing . He acted like I didn't want to pay for any thing so I ask for check then he refused that saying he would then comp my drinks and shrimp . This was way after he refused and put on a show for the customers. Not how I thought veterans would be treated...

Nov 11, 2017 3:31 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They may not have handled the situation in the most professional manner, but they did cover a part of your meal for the inconvenience. Veteran or not, they did something they did not have to to resolve the situation.

N
9:14 pm

Olive Garden - employees

Sonia the lady with gold teeth was cusing at me as I greeted her saying [censor] you hoe [censor] im gonna kill you [censor] don't speak mother[censor]er [censor] at lakeline location Austin Texas next door to mc Donalds and I'm gonna call police if it happens again1287 rd 620 Austin texas 78750 the Hispanic lady needs to learn some manners that she is the most rudest person I have ever spoke to at that location

L
2:34 pm

Olive Garden - food

3 of us were eating at Olive Garden in Clarksville, Indiana. I ordered a plate with 2 appetizers. I ordered zucchini and calamari. The waiter told about the zucchini bites, so I ordered that.

I did not taste any zucchini in the zucchini bites.

I was surprised when I saw the "calamari." I told the person delivering the food that I had never seen calamari like that. She just smiled. One of the people with me agreed that it was the biggest calamari she had seen. I assumed calamari meant something different in Italian food.

When I went home with the food which I hadn't eaten, she told me that the "calamari" was baked ravioli. She suggested the "bites" could be eaten as bread with soup today, but it was all thrown away.

This was a big disappointment.

Nov 08, 2017 2:35 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Did you tell the waitress about the food while you were at the restaurant?

S
2:09 pm

Olive Garden - manager and roaches

My mother and I were having lunch today 11/7/17 at the Olive Garden Pasadena, TX. We were eating our meals and I noticed something on the curtain on my moms side of the booth. There were roaches crawling up and down on the curtains. We couldn't finish ours meals. So disgusting! I told our server... nothing was down about the roaches. I decided to talk to the Manger since she never came to our table to ask us about it or apologize. I stopped at the front and ask to talk to the Manager which was Michelle. She said they just bombed last night and sorry. She didn't have any care in the world, i'm assuming this must happen all the time. Unfortunately this has always been my mom and my favorite place to eat and we will not be returning due to the Manager. She was very unprofessional.

2 comments
Nov 08, 2017 2:39 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The manager did the right thing by apologize. If you were looking to escalate your complaint further, you could contact Olive Garden's customer service.

Nov 08, 2017 2:39 am

**by apologizing

4:25 pm

Olive Garden - the management

The Oakley garden in Cincinnati Ohio oakaly station needs some investigation going on I am a guest who goes there almost everyday & it's ah big issue that needs to be handle very soon if you can contact me I will provide you with all the information you need ! If you go on the website you can check & see the comments for employees & guest email me please when you get ah chance so we can observe this issue

C
2:41 pm

Olive Garden - service/ food/restrooms

I love Olivie Garden especially the one where I live in Temecula. It's always clean and the ambience is great because it's so family oriented it's the main reason why we love coming. I was very dissapointed with this location in San Dumas though. First their bathrooms were gross. My 8 yr old went in to use the restrooms and in every stall there was pee on the toilet seat where someone failed to aim in the bowl ( im not sure how because it was the womens restroom) or there was poop in another. There was toilet paper on the floor as well as urine, it was just gross. I brought it to the managers attention after my daughter refused to use the bathroom because it waz dirty. But nothing was ever done because my aunt went to use the restroom about a half hour later and it was the same way she also ended up complaining to the manager. Our waiters were very polite, we had two because we were a party of 9. They took our drink orders and everyone got theirs but me. Which wasn't a problem I reminded the waiter and he apologized and said it would be right out. After that he took our food order. My drink still hadn't arrived and again I had to remind the waiter. My husband and uncle ordered a piadini and in the picture it showed that it had spinach in it (which is the reason my uncle ordered it) but when it came it didn't have any inside. So my uncle politely asked the waiter if this is suppose to have spinach and the waiter said "I think so but let me confirm with the kitchen." When he returned, he confirmed it did, so he said we will make you another one. How do the cooks miss that ingredient I don't know but it happened. Half way through dinner I reminded the waiter again of my drink and he finally rushes it over. We had been there an hour before i got a drink. So now it's time to box things up and my daughter (8yrs old) tells the waiter if she can have the soup to go and he hands her a box while he is boxing all of our stuff so she can pour hot soup into the To go box herself. Of course I jumped up and poured it myself after I found her spooning the soup in the container. Why would he give a child a container to box her own hot soup is beyond me. I'm so dissapointed in this Olive Garden. Definitely not worth the $190 we spent here. Hopefully they get someone to check the restrooms regularly and they re-educate their cooks on what ingredients are in each dish oh retrain the waiters to not hand a to go container for a child to pour hot soup into by themselves. My family which was 3 different families will not be spending a nother dime here again. It's so sad because Olive Garden used to be soooo great! What happened?

7:19 pm

Olive Garden - customer order

On 11/5/2017 at 5:15 PM. I placed an online order to go. Order #977445538 totaling $62.40. My husband went to pick up the order at 5:40 PM only to discover they came up short on noodles for both of our main entrees. My husband called me to talk with the hostess who attempted her best to persuade me to supplement the noodles with spaghetti noodles. I educated her that this wasn't the first occasion when we've acquired Linguine di Mare and propositioning us to substitute linguine with spaghetti noodles was fairly insulting. Unable to meet our expectations, the tone of her voice boiled down to "so what do you want." At that time, feeling insignificant, I requested that she placed my husband back on the telephone, and I asked him to leave. What I needed was my order satisfied or a courtesy call that could have provided me with an opportunity to go back online and search for different options instead of being put on the spot. It surely wasn't our fault that Olive Garden was understaffed as she noted and clearly poorly planned with product.

Signed...
Disappointed customer

B
8:57 pm

Olive Garden - service

We sat at the table for 5-10 minutes before anyone came to ask us if we wanted drinks, as soon. As they brought us our drinks they told us to move to a different table, we said no because we preferred a both, they then found another open both. So we packed up our baby and all of our belongings and went to the new table. We sat at the new table for about 10 minutes before they came to take our order. They did not offer us a wine sample or any appetizers. We placed our order and they brought us overcooked breadsticks and a salad, we finished our salad and bread sticks begore our entree was finished and we were not offered a second salad or more bread sticks. Once we got her attention again we asked for a second helping. We order the endless soup and the endless pasta and we were never offered a second helping. We sat there with our plates and drinks empty for 15-20 mins. They seemed to be avoiding us. We are very dissatisfied with the way we were treated and i dont see us coming back to this location in the future.

G
7:42 am

Olive Garden - unethical behaviour and negligence with the customers

Ginette Primeau [email protected]

3:52 pm

Olive Garden - food and service

My spouse and I went to the restaurant on 11/3/17 around 330pm. We had ordered the unlimited soup salad and breadsticks for myself, the unlimited pasta bowl for my spouse, and a spinach artichoke dip appetizer to share.

The soup had bland flavor to it, the breadsticks were over cooked and squished as well as no garlic flavor to it, tasted like plain bread.

We had paid our bill on the kiosk when we were almost done, and the server didn't tell us that once paid we couldn't still get the unlimited pasta bowl or soup, salad and breadsticks.

Neither me or my spouse had left the restaurant nor our seat for that matter so I don't get why we couldn't get another pasta bowl even though the bill is paid. It's unlimited and it was already put on the receipt.

Olive Garden is usually one of my favorite restaurants but recently I have disliked the 4 times I've gone to this restaurant and do not plan on coming back.

J
9:05 pm

Olive Garden - horrible customer service

Went in for my husbands birthday party as a party of 16 . When I approached the front I told one of the hostes that we would be needing a table for a party of 16 she continued to let a server know a party of 16 was coming in . The hostes then were talking to each other and began to laugh and she proceeded to let me know the wait was going to be 2 hours which seemed ridiculous considering it was a Thursday and there was hardly any people ? Obviously the wait was not 2 hours ! On a busy day not even is the wait two hours ! And when I told the hostes I would let my party know she didn't even provide me with a beeper she just assumed we were no longer going to eat there ? I just find it very rude to assume and two to lie just because they didn't feel like serving 16 people ! Really disappointing considering this is the oliver garden we visit the most but we no longer will be

2 comments
Nov 03, 2017 1:54 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

You definitely should have called ahead for a party that large. Even if the restaurant is not very busy, tables need to be rearranged and staffing needs to be sorted out. Two hours is not a long wait for a party of sixteen with no advance notice.

Olive Garden contacts