Olive Gardenawful service, bad food didnt make up left hungry

ive been to olive garden a lot. However, everytime i go to this OG with my family, it always ends up being bad somehow. I actually went to this OG the night before with a friend and it was fine. However, we went the next day with family and it turned out bad again. We went aruond 9:15...first off, they served us cold soup...it was barely warm and basically cold...we got another kind and it was warm but the main one was just cold. My sister in law got her dish and immediately just said it was really bad and returned it--yes she had never had the dish before, but ive never seen her complain in my life...i was surprised-- it must have been really bad for her to complain...my mother's dish too was bad looking and hard pasta, and she had never complained about that dish befoer too. My dish wasnt made right the way I wanted but i didnt feel like complaining so i kind of just kept quiet and didn't really eat it but I was planning on possbily saying something.

After we got more soup and it was cold- then my mother said maybe we should get a manager since nothing was right---and we didnt want to get the waitress in trouble but just hope they could give us hot soup and better meals...the manager however...came to our table---listened and just said he'd comp all our meals...that's it and walked off---huh? we were surprised...i didnt want our meals comped-- i wanted hot soup adn my dish made the right way...i was hungry and obviously they didn't care... then no one returned...we kept saying...where is our soup?? we waited and waited---and then my SIL said...well it looks like no ones going to be bringing the soup...the waitress came and then took the cold soups and my pasta dish from the table...we figured she'd bring out our hot meals made correctly...again we didnt want our meals comped we wanted the food we ordered...we waited and waited and then realized--it seems no one is coming to bring us our soups or pasta ?? the manager then came back to say that they had no sauce for the pasta dish and apologized...huh? they had no tomato sauce...he said they didnt have 'that' kind of sauce, then said they had no sauce left at all--it was put away-- im thinking BS? its only 10 minutes after close...this is ridiculous...in fact they had just made my SIL's new dish...so thats just not possible...obviously they were lying because they thought they could easily just comp our meals and walk off... like...ok cool you get no food and u can leave hungry...not---hey we'll make it right for you? this was terrible terrible just such bad service...how could they do that? So we thought...ok we'll get our soup right? my SIL asked the mgr if he could give me a voucher so i could get some pasta next time...im thinking...i dont want it next time, i want it now? i came here to eat not get vouchers... i came for soup mostly too...and barely ate any...no one came back to our table to give us a bill, ask us if we wanted anything. Basically we weer treated as freeloaders or 'complaining customers' and yes we did complain but justifiably so and someone should have made our orders right. Cold soup and bad food just doesn't cut it...

Then the mgr came back to give a voucher with an ok sum of money on it---which was nice but again I didn't go there to get a voucher i went there to eat...the service we received was so horrible...just so bad...we were given dirty looks by a bus boy and when my mother asked for her food in a to go box--the one she didnt like the mgr said "u didn tlike it and you want it to go"? what?? you didnt charge us however...you also didnt try to make our food right and basically was almost kicking us out...any manager would have made it right and maybe given a discount on the bill...I literally left hungry as all I ate was a bowl of soup and some bread and that's it...they lied and claimed they couldnt get any sauce for the pasta and had no soup left---but then they said "well we have cold soup" so I said ok if you can give me that as i came for the soup?? and have eaten nothing now...

..this isn't right...this is really bad service... no one wanted free meals... we wanted our food made right...we left with nothing and a voucher which for me means nothing b/c i rarely go to olive garden...OG is a corporate type place and this kind of service is unacceptable... how can they refuse to make people's dishes right or give hot soup, and instead just say "ok you dont have to pay" and that's it... also my food was taken away and then I ended up eating nothing...they could have at least left the food there so I could haev eaten 'something'... some people might say-- oh u didnt have to pay and you got a voucher??? what are you complaining about-- about everything?? again i went there to eat and left hungry...and had to wait over an hour for no reason- you dont go to a restaurant to leave hungry...that's not ok? we could have gone to ANY restaurant however we chose olive garden, only to receive a terrible experience... the only person who really ate was one and that's b/c her meal was made right after she complained... my meal was taken away and I had to eat only a bowl of cold soup...absurd...we were also not treated well and almost as if we were trying to get free meals, or not pay or who knows what... the manager did such a bad job...of not making the food right, and just saying "ok im comping that meal and that meal" and walking off-- huh? that's not how managers act in a situation like that.. we waited an extra 30 minutes just for soup and food that wasn't coming and no one even told us it wasn't coming... this is how you treat customers...its horrible...my family members said they are never going back to that OG again and everytime they do go something bad happens there...which is true as I went the night before with a friend and service and everything and food was very good...this OG needs to get their act together and the way the manager behaved was just not acceptable...

• Di
    diner0123 Nov 02, 2011

catering to you? as long as you are a diner in there its their job to 'cater to you' and make your meals long AFTER close...with OG especially they let people in until close---to the last MINUTE...that means they are serving people and making food well beyond closing time...you can't operate a restaurant and then shut down before people have gotten their food, all their food...or are still in the restaurant...you are stupid... the meal was comped---again for the 100th time...we, especially I wanted Food...nto comped meals and vouchers.. i went there to eat and they didn't make it right...they just took our food away and expected us to walk off---that is unacceptable horrid service-- they also said they were going to bring us soup and other food but never did...they just left us hungry-- the only reason they got the voucher was b/c someone asked them to otehrwise they had no intention of even givnig a voucher---their response to badly made 'old' food and cold food was-- ok your meal is comped, your food is taken away and goodbye...not even that...just walking off with no explanation making us think they were bringing us our food...that isn't the way a manager or resturant should act-- they should make the food right...and give a discount on the bill if anything...no one asked for comped meals, not only did we want our food made correctly, btu they stated they would do so-- and instead, just took the other food away and didn't come back and left us waiting...that's not ok...