Menu

Old Navy review: tuesday - discount day of 10%

N
Author of the complaint
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Tuesdays when you use your Old Navy credit card, you will get 10% off.
So when I purchased something yesterday (Tuesday), I noticed that night that I wasn't given the 10% discount.
I returned to the store the next day inquiring why I did not get the discount.
The cashier took the receipt from my hands and looked at the receipt as if I stole something.
After the receipt was reviewed, I was told that I had to bring all the items back for a return before anything can be done.
I then asked for a manager.
The manager came and took me to another cash register. After spending 13 minutes at the register, I was told that I did not get the 10% because I over exceeded the number of discounts I can get. I then asked for a further explanation. The explanation given was that the tee shirts are "buy one and get the other free" (1st discount), I used a $5 cash reward (which major stores consider as a gift card or cash) and then another $5 cash reward - all in total, I received 3 discounts. The manager said the cash rewards are considered as a discount. I told the manager that I disagree. If other stores (especially their sister stores - Gap and Banana Republic do not have this policy, why does Old Navy?) Major stores like Macy's or Bloomingdale consider rewards as cash, store credit or a gift card. The manager said it always has been their store policy. I also asked the manager where is it printed or posted that Old Navy has a maximum number of allowable discounts? An answer was not given.
As of today, I am not longer purchasing at Old Navy. I already told my friends and colleagues and asked for their support to stop buying from Old Navy. I know we won't want a difference to their store policy or a dent into their profits, it's just the principle of things.

More Old Navy complaints & reviews

Old Navy - different prices in store vs. online
Old Navy - contest
Old Navy - unnotified credit card limit decrease
1 comments
E
Apr 17, 2014 3:38 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

WOW. You are deciding to no longer shop at Old Navy AND 'recruiting' people you know to do the same because THEY DIDN'T GIVE YOU ENOUGH DISCOUNTS? They tried their best to investigate and amend the situation and YOU HAD THREE DISCOUNTS ALREADY. You sound like a greedy whiny spoiled BRAT. They don't need people like you shopping there anyways. Good riddance! :)

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

297 complaints