Menu
Old Navy
reviews & complaints

Old Navy
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

285 complaints
23 resolved 262 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Old Navy. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
W
3:29 pm EST

Old Navy - managers at old navy 503 fulton mall bklyn, ny 11201

I have experienced rudeness from Managers at this location. A male named Chritian. Who is ill mannered interrupting conversations without excusing himself. Stating when asked if excuse me is needed when you see people talking . He states it depends on on who it is. This is the mentally of uncultured and the unprofessional. This took place on Thur Dec 01, 2016 on the lobby near the front doors about 1:30 of the store. Then Tues Dec 06, 2016 at 3:42 at the above address and location another Mannger Female named keyska might not be the spelling of her name. Walked in between me and another party talking at the door by stepping betwwen us she lifted her leg up to get betwwen us . Unreal where do you hire these people from? As an older women over the age of 53, am completely disgusted with this disrespect. These are the wrong people representing this company. Maybe respect lessons can be giving along with being Manager .

1:26 pm EDT

Old Navy - false advertisement, customer service

There was an advertisement for tank tops for $2, for Sat July 2nd, my daughter and I arrived at Old Navy on Trenton in McAllen, TX about 9:20 am looking for the shirts, finally about 9:40 we found a young man whom we asked about the shirts, his response was, "we sold out". I asked when because we arrived at 9:20 and he stated "yesterday", that they were sold out because they did not know that the shirts were supposed to be for Sat., He then motions that they had these other shirts for $4. We took 3, but one was very soiled and asked the pregnant lady at the register if there would be a discount since that was the only shirt in that size color, without a smile, or good morning she just scrubs the shirt and shows it to us, mind you no words, so no discount and then the shirts scanned $8. I had to basically argue the price and informed her that the young man informed us of the price and I had to go show her where the price marked $4. She then took off the price and said that was incorrect, I told her that she should price them at $4 since the price was there and the other employee had stated that was the price. Overall that lady was so rude, I don't know if it was hormonal since she was pregnant but that was no excuse to treat customers that way.

N
10:07 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My husband and I decided to take advantage of old navy's $10 sale for the dresses yesterday, the add said june 24th so being the 23rd we decided to take a peak to see if it would be worth it the next day. When we got there, we noticed a few items at 50% off, however we really wanted what their proposed add said, my husband asked the staff member and we were...

8:32 pm EST

Old Navy - return

my daughter sent us christmas presents from old navy that she ordered on line. took entire package back to old navy for store credit so we could shop for something else we had the reciept. the cashier scaned all items and the rx the said no store credit no cash and the he was putting entire refund back on daughters credit card. he was incable of exiting the return could not stop or return merchandise which we had rx for., if i had not been with a grtoup of people would have had the sherriff comd down and fore return of my property. they should actually train these incapable staff . they should know how to stop a return. daughter is furious and cancelling credit card and all future business with them.

P
6:35 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We don't have children but my Husband and I still find this offensive. People that are cross dressers and other now publicly acceptable people do not have to be shoved down our throats. Life is confusing enough. This seems very strange and I am starting to feel dislike towards Old Navy.

11:30 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi there, I purchased a shirt yesterday at the Old Navy store in Spokane, WA. When I got home and was getting ready to wrap this item, I noticed the magnetic tag had not been removed when I purchased it. I called the store manager or assistant manager, Bryn. She told me how I could remove it on my own. I was not able to remove it and my husband had to drive...

6:16 pm EST

Old Navy - poor customer service and horrible policies

I opened an old navy card, paid on-time, more than the minumum. Six months after opening this card, old navy did a soft inquiry on my credit (without my knowledge or authorization). Unfortunately, a medical bill appeared during that time on my credit report, which made my score drop and based on this...old navy decreased my balance from $300 to $200. At the time, I had $125 charged on the card, so because of the decrease...my credit utilization was impacted and caused my score to drop even more. I was advised by old navy customer (who are very rude, I might add), that they base their credit increases and decreases solely on credit score, regardless of payment history. I continued to pay on time, until the next incident, where one month I wanted to make a payment, using two separate accounts, registered in my online profile. I made the first payment, which was under my minimum payment due and then followed immediately to make the second payment from the second account and was denied the option. I had to find out the hard way that old navy's system allows only one payment a day via, so my second payment had to be made the next day and I was charged a late fee. The late fee was reversed (so they claimed), but my minimum payment the following month was increased by old navy. I was advised that it was due to the late fee being charged and once I made that payment-the balance should go back to the normal minimum fee. Well, that didn't happen and the minimum fee was even higher the following month. Needless to say, I made the decision to close the account. Mainly, to avoid another soft inquiry and any possible negative impact on my credit, because I didn't use the card as much. Secondly, the customer was horrible and the whole billing issue just left a bad taste in my mouth. I use to shop at old navy frequently, for my 8 year old and could care less if I EVER step foot in another old navy after dealing with this card. They lost a loyal customer!

6:14 pm EDT

Old Navy - ladies bathroom

There was a special promo from my company so my husband and I decided to take advantage of this. The store was great and the customer service was great. However, my husband was taking his time finding the perfect shoe for him so I took a trip to the ladies room. It was totally unacceptable! The first stall (there were only 3) was out of order, the second stall had no latch on the door and the third was occupied. So, I waited! Once the person left the stall (she was an employee!) I discovered there was no toilet paper and then I went to wash my hands and there was no paper towels. There was antibacterial soap. The bathroom was nasty! I did report it to the manager and she appeared to go and fix the problem.

D
11:56 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I applied old navy card about a month ago. So, I went there earlier this afternoon, I was excited to see all the new spring clothes so I got shirt, pair of socks, and earrings. I went up to cashier, I gave her $5.00 coupon, she stated she need the old navy card, and I told her I left it at home. I was going to use my debit card. She said she cannot use...

T
10:59 pm EST

Old Navy - coupon

Nov.30 I have shopped at Old Navy for a decade, I had a 10$ reward that expired today & I went in a hurry tonight to use the reward I had only cash on me, no wallet . Ariel the manager I spoke to said I have to pay with my Old Navy card and could not take cash. Old Navy that is not right that you do not accept cash with cash rewards. My reward is now going to expire because I was not going to go get my wallet and come back in the rain. I just shop there always like this past black Friday! Also we should be able to pay our credit cards in the store another STUPID policy OldNavy

1 comment
M
Dec 01, 2014 6:39 am EST

If they gave a $10 reward coupon that can only be used when you charge on the Old Navy Credit card then thats what you need to do.

A
3:19 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My mother bought a pair of jeans from old navy ( $19 sale), she asked me her daughter to purchase her another pair which indeed intended to the next day.Day later I did, searching for her size being 12 LONG, i scanned scanned and scanned. Finally finding a pair that said 12 long I bought them and gave them to my mother. Day's later she decided to try them...

D
6:20 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Purchased well over $100 of merchandise at Old Navy, Plymouth, ma - forgot $30 off coupon. Sales slip was sent home w/son to NC, Went back to store following week with credit card and coupon to have transaction recalled and coupon applied. Manager, Lindsay, said the receipt was needed. So left, called the Old Navy credit card co and explained the issue -...

C
6:37 pm EDT

Old Navy - loudness of employees

Went shopping at old navy today and spent close to $70. While shopping they were taking donations for kids with cancer which is very nice, however there were two loud employees screaming at the top of their lungs asking for donations. By the time I left between the loud music and employees yelling I had a headache. Made shopping there very unenjoyable.

S
3:58 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was at Old Navy on there 30% off the whole store sale (unintentional) I wanted to buy a Blue Jays shirt and I saw a pair of pants on clearance for $10 that I wanted. The line up was huge and I decided to just wait in line since that wasn't a big deal. After waiting 15 minutes, I see the women working there, talking to a few people in line. I wasn't sure...

C
2:46 pm EDT

Old Navy - destroyed store

I went to the Oglethorpe Mall Old Navy to buy shorts since they were having 30% off for July 4th. I got there before the store opened. When the gates were raised and the waiting customers were allowed to walk in I was shocked. The store was a reck! I worked retail for 8 years and was never allowed to leave at night without it being ready for the next day. That is bad for business. I would have bought more if the clothes were presentable. This is one reason I don't shop at Macy's!

T
9:28 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My monthly payment started out to be payment was $72.00. My payment was short by $2.00 and Old Navy charged me late fees and kept charging me a late fees of $25.00 and over the limit charges. They now have me owing $170.00. This is an outrage !!! I have an impecable payment history (no lates since opening the account). I called and asked that they waive the...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Tuesdays when you use your Old Navy credit card, you will get 10% off. So when I purchased something yesterday (Tuesday), I noticed that night that I wasn't given the 10% discount. I returned to the store the next day inquiring why I did not get the discount. The cashier took the receipt from my hands and looked at the receipt as if I stole...

M
2:32 am EST

Old Navy - credit card

I have several complaints about this credit card. First of all, I signed up by accident. I was asked if I wanted an Old Navy card, and I specifically asked if it was a credit card and was told that it wasn't. Well when I got it I ended up using it. Which brings me to my second complaint, the interest on this card is outrageous!

My real complaint though is this: I was homeless and jobless for a few months and obviously because of that not able to keep up with payments. I called the company to explain my situation and see if something could be worked out. They were unsurprisingly unhelpful and uncaring. I recently received a settlement offer in the mail from Old Navy. It was offering to pay 70% of my debt to them, if I paid the other 30%. Well I'm starting to get back on my feet, I have a job, and a place to stay, and I figured that sounded like an awesome deal. I got this letter on February 12th saying that this offer would expire the 18th. I immediately called when I got this letter. I explained that I was definitely interested in the settlement offer, but wouldn't be able to pay by the 18th. I was transferred to a supposed "manager" (although you can never be too sure when you're speaking to out-sourced customer service people), who said that it would not be a problem to extend the offer until the 22nd. That as long as I made a payment by then the settlement would still be relevant and I would be able to take advantage of it.

Well on the 20th, I called ready to make my payment, and was told that the settlement offer was no longer valid and had expired the 18th. I explained that I was told I could have an extension until the 22nd, but they said they had no record of it. I asked if I could review the tapes (because every time you call they say it's being recorded), and I was told that they aren't allowed to let the customers listen to the recordings. So I asked them to review it and they said they would. I called later that same day to ask if they'd reviewed the tapes and was told that they had, and that nothing was ever said about an extension. Obviously that meant they had not reviewed my tapes, if there were even tapes to be reviewed.

I asked if there was anything else that could be done, because if this settlement couldn't be made, I simply wouldn't be able to pay. I was told there was nothing else they could do, and if I didn't want to pay, that was my decision and I would have to suffer the consequences. Not to mention throughout this entire phone conversation I was treated very poorly and disrespectfully.

I no longer care about my credit, as I am leaving the country in a few months, but I wanted to do the right thing and repay my debt, while there was an offer making me able to do so. I can't afford to pay off the whole thing-thanks to Old Navy's ridiculous interested, I've accrued enough of it, where if I only made a minimum payment every month (which is about all I can afford) I'd be paying it off for the next 20 years.

I will make sure I tell as many people as I possibly can to NEVER open a credit card with Old Navy, or really even shop there. I know I, myself won't ever buy another thing from Old Navy. Nor will any of my family members and several of my friends that I've spoken with.

4:06 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Saturday 6/30/12 I went to the Old Navy in the Pacific View Mall in Ventura Ca. They had there flip flops on sale for $1.00.I took all 4 of my children with me and they selected the flip flops and other items that they wanted. The line to pay was lengthy and when it was my turn I placed my items on the counter and the girl (Gabbi) behind the counter wa...

A
1:33 am EST

Old Navy - return policy

My daughter received some Old Navy cloths for Christmas. They were to small so I went to the store to exchange them, of course they didn't have the same thing in her size. I was then informed by the cashier that I would not be able to exchange it for something different until I received my store credit by Mail in 10 days. There is no way I will buy anything from their store again this is a unnecessary inconvenience.

1 comment
U
Apr 02, 2012 5:53 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I've encountered the same empathetic service from unhappy sales clerks. The clothes are cheaply made and the service is horrible which is why I don't shop there anymore either.

Old Navy contacts