Having problems with NJ Transit?

NJ Transit reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 9, 2008. The latest review Nj transit driver in white Jeep was posted on Oct 15, 2021. The latest complaint bus does not allow passenger to board was resolved on Dec 30, 2014. NJ Transit has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 446 reviews. NJ Transit has resolved 38 complaints.

NJ Transit Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 847 7658 (Suspicious Activity Hotline)
+1 973 275 5555 (24 Hour Access)
+1 800 772 2287 (Hearing Impaired)
+1 609 645 5910 (Atlantic County Transportation)
+1 201 646 3227 (Bergen County Transportation)
+1 609 265 5109 (Burlington County Transportation)
+1 609 456 3344 (Camden Sen-Han Transit)
+1 609 889 3700 (Cape May Fare Free Transportation)
+1 609 691 7799 (Cumberland Area Transit System)
+1 973 618 1280 (Essex County Office on Aging)
+1 609 307 4850 (Gloucester Special Transportation)
+1 201 271 4307 (Hudson County)
+1 800 842 0531 (Hunterdon County, The Link)
+1 609 530 1971 (Mercer T.R.A.D.E)
+1 609 275 2929 (Princeton Area Only)
+1 800 221 3520 (Middlesex County Transportation, AWTS)
+1 732 431 6480 (Monmouth County SCAT)
+1 973 829 8103 (Morris County)
+1 732 736 8989 (Ocean County (Ocean Ride)
+1 877 929 2082 (Southern Ocean County Area)
+1 973 305 5758 (Passaic County Paratransit)
+1 973 881 0058 (Paterson)
+1 973 728 2863 (West Milford)
+1 973 365 5754 (Passaic)
+1 609 935 7510 (Salem County)
+1 908 231 7115 (Somerset County Transportation)
+1 973 579 0483 (Sussex County Transportation)
+1 908 241 8300 (Union County Transportation)
+1 908 454 4044 (Warren County Transportation)
One Penn Plaza East
Thu9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with NJ Transit Customer Service. Initial NJ Transit complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for NJ Transit above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about NJ Transit. Discuss the issues you have had with NJ Transit and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

NJ Transit Complaints & Reviews, Page 18

NJ Transitnortheast corridor line/ train 3951: conductors allow free ride to group of 6 daily

I, along with several other commuters, pay nearly 500$/month to take this train. There is a group of 5females and 1 male that the conductors on the 3951 train from New York Penn Station to Trenton allow to ride for free everyday. The group pays the conductors cash to "overlook" them. They sit in the third car everyday and have never paid fare ever. This is rediculous!

New Jersey Transit Bus #: 4004announcement when a bus has a problem

On Friday 19, May the 117 bus departed from the Port Authority at 4:55pm. While en-route on 95 South the bus started moving very slow and then served towards the right almost as if he was going to bolt the wall. This happened twice before the driver stopped the bus. NO ANNOUCMENT TO PASSENGERS. Driver started moving again headed North on 95 and ended up in the garage in Elizabeth where we got off the bus onto bus #8099. NO ANNOUCMENT. We are treated like cattle because throughout all of that the driver NEVER once said a word to the passengers. Got onto the bus and just continued on his way. I think the NJT bus drivers should be taught good Customer Service after all we pay to ride these basses.

NJ Transitunqualified/ unprofessional bus driver

On Sunday of May 20, 2017, 50 passengers boarded the 166T (express) NJ transit bus in Port Authority in NYC at approximately 8:25pm. Unfortunately, an unqualified, disruptive, rude, unapologetic, disrespectful bus driver was given the duty of transporting exactly 50 people (After unnecessarily yelling at other possible passengers to get off the bus because of the full seating, not giving them an opportunity to board standing) for the first time in her bus driving career (as so she claims). She began driving onto the highway and not even 2 minutes later, she halted on the ramp of a highway asking if there were any frequent express passengers (not telling us the reason why and getting obviously irritated at us for asking what was going on). After no one was able to help her for her unknown irritations, she just continued on driving on the highway. After awhile, passengers realized that she had gone the wrong direction completely and was circling the area where she was lost. After being confronted by a few passengers upset by her actions and attitude of the whole situation, she told people to get off if they had a problem with her (which was at the time, in a town where this bus should not have been) and so as she kept getting lost, many had requested to get off in the middle of nowhere. She continued to raise her voice at confused and upset passengers who were trying to tell her she was going in the wrong direction and ended up going the complete opposite route of our usual bus stops, forcing passengers to get off at random stops. Before I had finally gotten off at the wrong stop, she was screaming at passengers and refusing to apologize or admit that she was in the wrong. It had been already close to the hour (9:20pm) and there were still more than a dozen passengers who had to deal with her unpleasant attitude and handling of the situation. She was also driving on the busy high way with the door open at times, showing ill-informed bus operation. Attached are a few pictures (blurry due to the chaos and haste of the situation).

• Updated by amy00 · May 20, 2017

Bus Number: 7839

NJ Transit — bus number 6351

In the hours between 8am and 8:30am every morning this bus driver (female) always have no passengers sign up...

Maplewood

NJ Transit7:50 am train to dover

I am a professional Latin woman going to a meeting with a white colleague in NJ. A tall white older conductor came a over to me and told me it was the quiet car very sternly. I apologized. He walked past a white couple who were talking and took the ticket of another passenger sitting in front of them. HE NOT ONLY DIDNT LOOK AT THEM BUT HE DIDNT TELL THEM TO BE QUIET AND I COULD HERE THEm 3 rows back! Then some white persons phone rings he picks it up and chats up the person and NOTHIng

Shame on you NJ conductor! You 're a bigot.

NJ Transitnj transit rail

I attended the Metallica concert at MetLife Stadium on Sunday, May 14th. Prior to this i checked the NJ Transit rail schedule to Hoboken following the concert as this was my mode of transportation home. According the schedule unless there was a C indicating a change of trains at Secaucus, there would be about 2-3 direct trains to Hoboken. However this was not the case. I should have realized this was going to be a nightmare when i asked the conductor on the platform if the train i was boarding would make a final stop in Hoboken and he answered with i have no idea! Then i arrive in Secaucus and was told we all had to disembark the train. At that time i was able to locate the rail line to Hoboken. When i got there, there was about 50 other passengers waiting to board a train to Hoboken that said was due to arrive at about 12:14 AM. Suffice it to say it never did! A fellow passenger said he asked someone in the station about it and they said it boarded and left. Clearly it did not, and that was a lie! I was on the platform from about 11:50 pm until 12:30 AM and the train never showed leaving passengers stranded. Shame on you NJ Transit. This is no way to treat customers who live in this area knowing they have the freedom to travel to events via public transportation AND might i add use this mode as a way to NOT drink and drive! In any case i had to travel outside the station, alone, and try to get an uber, which is almost impossible given the difficult location. PS...you're cabs try to charge $30 for a ride that Uber did for $18. I understand this has nothing to do with NJ Transit but maybe it does since it seems like there is only one cab service at the stand. Is it a wonder people choose Uber these days! Can't imagine what would happen if Uber didnt exist and i didnt have cash on hand for a taxi! Service like this is disgusting and unreliable! Treat your passengers with more respect and get your act together!!!

NJ Transit72 bus driver who drives 9:25am bus saturdays

I have been taking the 72 bus for over 17 years and this year is my 2nd complaint. The 72 bus driver who picks up on Saturdays at 9:25am from Paterson bus terminal was late on April 29, 2017 making late to a job I just started. May 6, 2017 the same bus driver had the 72 bus parked on the side at the bus terminal. I as well as other customers watched him board the bus before 9:25am but did NOT pull up to the boarding area until 9:38am. As I boarded the bus, I asked him what time does the bus pick up and he reacted in very negative, disrespectful manner, telling me to keep it moving without answering my question. I responded saying he was late again. As I was leaving the bus I told him I was going to report him for making me late for work 2 times. He responded to say for me to do what I got to do. May 13, 2017 me and a friend got into an argument with the bus driver for being disrespectful to me and inconsiderate to people having to get to there destinations on time. He became irate, offered to fight my friend, called someone on his cell phone and said that because of the disagreement he was not going to work. My friend left the scene. The bus driver threatened me saying that I will never ride the bus he drives again. The lady attendant came out to interviene, but didn't listen to my side. So she took sides with the bus driver, let everyone else get on the bus and blocked​ me from getting on. I told her if she let me on, I will not say a word to the bus driver, I just want to get to work. She said NO. I had to get an Uber to work.

Respond

NJ Transitnj transit dispatcher accosted me today

Bus 8242, line NJ transit 167T, Port Authority track 210
              1:45 p.m. To Teaneck
              "Wether you're disabled or not, it doesn't give you the right to go to the head of the line."
              Dispatcher

I have spinal stenosis and severe pain in my back and leg, among other painful disabilities and I'm 64 years old. I went to the front of a very long line to get on the bus and the dispatcher attacked me verbally. I told him I'm disabled and he continued to yell that I must go to the back of the line. He's a huge man and my daughter was with me. Very scary. I'm in pain and I had to sit at the very back of the bus. My daughter helped me. He refused to tell me his name.

nj transit dispatcher accosted me today

NJ Transit1 bus

I was scolded twice at work for being late because I take the jersey City bus at 15ave and Morris and twice the bus went straight on Hunterdon st I was at the bus stop before 9:34 which was the time the bus was suppose to come once I had to wait for the later bus and yesturday I had to take the next bus to penn station take a train then take another bus to work which still made me late

Respond

NJ Transitnj coastline from belmar to bay head

Today, my husband and I took our two little boys, ages 2 1/2 years old, and 10 months old, for their first train ride. We departed Bay Head on the 11:10am train and got off at Belmar to have lunch.
                  We returned on the 2:45pm train at Belmar and returned to Bay Head.
                  It was announced for all passengers to exit the train at the front, mind you we were loaded at the mid-rear in Belmar and we had not arrived to the station yet. We had two babies, a stroller, a diaper bag and ourselves to exit the train with. As we approached the car to exit, we were scolded by the attendant that we should have approached the front car sooner. Well, it would have been completely unsafe to do so with all we had to handle. The train was by busy at all and we were not holding anyone up. It only took us a minute to get to the front car to exit, so I do not know why he had to be so rude and end our pleasant outing on a sour note.
                  His attitude was completely negative and not necessary. We were not holding up anybody.

nj coastline from belmar to bay head

NJ Transit#400 bus driver

I was on the 400 bus going to work yesterday 4/26. An elderly man tired to open the window since it was hot on the bus. He told the bus driver it was stuck and could she turned the air conditioning on. She told him to try to open the window again because she wasn't going to turn on the air. A couple of us passengers tried but it wouldn't open. Man asked again for the air on. This witch tells him no and he can sweat. The man was using an inhaler so clearly he wasn't just being a pain. I'm so glad that our money we pay every month for a monthly pass goes to ignorant bus drivers. If it wasn't for us that have no choice but to use nj transit that witch would be unemployed. Customer service sucks. Bus driver I'd # 536350. Not that I expect anything to be said to her.

NJ Transitbus driver

The bus driver that drives the 406 bus at 5:27 she is very rude and nasty as this being her job she should be a lot nicer to the passengers . You can't even ask her a question with out attitude. I can't even purchase my bus tickets on the bus because she never has none and I never had this problem I've all ways been able to buy them on the bus in the morning As a passenger I feel as tho she should be a lot nicer if not get another job .The bus number that I'm on today is 8278

NJ Transit — nj transit train - threatening conductor #9655 and passenger

Friday, April 21, 2017- 4:57pm train form Newark Penn to Long Branch Due to the extremely hostile situation...

NJ Transita down telephone pole wire

Its a down telephone pole wire at the bus stop shelter on route 42 and Whitman drive by the jug handle in Turnersville, NJ. I happen to get off the 400 bus today around 3pm and stepped over that down wire not knowing if it was live or not. I am informing you of the situation because this is the second time I have came close to that dangerous wire getting off at the bus stop and not knowing if it was there.

NJ Transit70 bus to livingston #6333

Everyone morning this bus driver speeds, drives past people waiting at bus stops, curses in front of kids as well as says racist remarks. He uses racial profiling to choose people to ask where they are going but if the person is Latino, or white he says nothing. He singles out black people forces them off the bus disrespectfully. I hope this gets addressed before worst happens.

NJ Transitnj transit conductor

I was on the Penn Station platform this evening (10E) around 645pm standing outside a NJ Transit train. A woman was yelling for help from another track. Her friend was bleeding and she was trying to get the NJ transit passenger conductor's attention who was standing outside of the NJ Transit train door. I walked over to him and let him know the woman was trying to get his attention and needed his help. He said he couldn't hear her. I said I heard her--that someone was bleeding and needed help. His response "what do you want me to do about it." I asked him to use his radio to call up to the main terminal for help. He dismissed me and the incident. He said he couldn't be bothered and it wasn't his job. The woman not aware of this then climbed over the tracks to tell him she needed his help. He still refused. She finally found an Amtrak employee who was very helpful. I thought NJ conductors were there for the safety. This Conductor was no help even though he was the only person of authority in the vicinity at the time. God help the person who is having a heart attack or a stroke if this NJ Transit employee is nearby. He could care less!

nj transit conductor

Respond

NJ Transitbus driver almost ran over my foot being rude.

Good morning, I am Najen Williams. I writing to report that at 6:19 this morning I was waiting on the bus the lady pulls up open the door, i asked her a question she pulls off almost running my foot over and still didn't answer my question. She was very rude!!! plate#0ya3718 bus # 5994. I don't have I'd number. I just watch her run a red light on ferry St very unsafe...

Respond

NJ Transitnj transit planning and management

How is it that an organization as ### as NJ Transit cannot post bulletins at their light rail stations in Newark to notify riders that the light rail is operating on one track? how is it that the ratio of trains going to Penn station is 1 out of 3? 3 Trains left Penn station vs. 1 going to Penn Station! How is there no accountability at NJ Transit? Oh, i forgot, it's corrupt. No one there deserves the pay they get there! Poor management, Poor service, but no problem raising fare prices and gouging the public.

NJ Transita driver

4/7/17
                                  I have been riding NJ Transit for many years now and I only have one complaint. Most of your drivers are polite and courteous, all except ONE This gentleman is the polar opposite of what I have mentioned. For one, in the evenings I wait at the bus stop on 69th St and BLVD East at 9:46pm. This bus driver never stops right at the stop, he makes everyone walk, he does it to everyone in all stops, he's very rude, slams on the brakes and jerks everyone on the bus... I know many other drivers don't do this because I ride NJ Transit all the time to get into the city. The numbers on the bus are 48670 and 7848 . Please take and corrective measures to resolve the bus drivers behavior .

a driver

NJ Transitbus driver

Driver no: 483180

This driver was completely rude to me. He yelled at me saying it was the last stop. I wasn't aware and confused it was my first time taking the 80 in jersey city so I asked him which bus I should take and every single word that came out of his mouth was with a attitude. I was simply asking for directions and he was not helpful what so ever. This isn't the first time I experienced a rude disrespectful driver. I've worked in customer service my whole life so I know what it means to provide GOOD SERVICE I understand that people have bad day but that has nothing to do with the customers. These drivers are clearly unhappy cause they love dumping their negative energy on another people. Maybe the company is overworking them I don't know but what I do know is that NJ Transit NEEDS TO GET THEIR #### together! These drivers need to learn to meditation or find another job cause they are clearly unhappy people !