Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] missing items

Ordered a Yamaha keyboard, received in a timely manner. On their website, on the images of the product it shows it coming with earphones, a stand and ac adapter. Called newegg.com shortly after the keyboard arrived, because the accessories were missing. After several attempts and waiting almost 30 minutes I was able to talk to a human. Explained what the problem was, he asked if the box had been opened before, told him no, he said the item was out of stock, he would check with the warehouse, I could call the manufacturer. Really feel like there is nothing newegg.com is going to do about this. Haven't heard any back from newegg.com. Is this how they do business? Thought they were above board. Guess everything is good as long as you don't have a problem with an item you purchase from them. Very disappointed with newegg.com. Feel really let down.

• Newegg International's response · Dec 14, 2009

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for posting your latest experience with us an I apologize that it wasn't exactly a good one. The reason why the Rep offered the suggestions about calling the manufacturer after asking if the item had been opened before you recieved it is because if the item was sealed when you got it, the accessories were left out by the manufacturer and therefore can be sent by them directly. Unfortunately, since we don't manufacuitre the products we sell, we do not normally have extra accessories to send when the items are missing them.

The agent should be checking with the warehouse to see if by chance we do have any extra and to verify that our pictures were correct in that those accessories are supposed to be in the package in the first place.

The fact that you have not been contacted back is unacceptable and I would like to humbly offer my assistance. Please contact Joshua at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or [email protected]

Newegg.com

don't buy newegg gift cards!

I purchased online gift card from NewEgg on 11/6/2009; the recipient never received email from NewEgg containing gift card.

I contacted NewEgg customer service and they said they would resend the card to me and the recipient; neither of us received the card. I contacted the customer service department three more times and was told the card would be resent to both parties each time, but again, neither of us received the card.

On 11/30/2009, I asked that the gift card be canceled and the money refunded and I was told it would be refunded within 48 hours.

I called again on 12/3/2009, as the money had not been refunded to my account, and was told by a customer service rep that the card had been canceled two weeks prior, long before I first contacted them inquiring about the status of the card. They were not able to tell me why it was canceled or by whom, and insisted that the money had been refunded to my account on 11/19.

My bank has no record of the refund, and NewEgg has not provided me with any information from their records indicating the refund ever happened, despite my attempts to gain that information.

I have spoken with numerous customer service reps and an escalation rep, all who have failed to provide me with any proof that NewEgg refunded the money.

I have filed a dispute with Bank of America about this matter, as attempts to work with NewEgg to resolve the matter have been completely futile.

I have been a loyal NewEgg customer for years, but I will never purchase anything from them again after this ordeal.

[Resolved] never received my card

My wife bought me a gift card from Newegg. The card was supposed to arrive via email in 1-2 business days. It's now been 6 business (and 10 total) days and we have yet to receive the email/card. We have sent 3 emails and waited on the phone for about 20 minutes after numerous days of only receiving a busy signal, only to be told there was nothing customer service could do. They would have to forward the issue to their accounting department.

What I can't understand is why they just don't send it out? Newegg charged our account right away. We paid the money for it and now we are getting the run around. How can they call that customer service?

It's a shame because I've spent thousands of dollars on Newegg and for them to take our money and not deliver is unacceptable. It pains me to say this but they just lost a loyal customer.

• Newegg International's response · Dec 02, 2009

Hello EdwF87,

My name is Aaron Aragonez and I'm a supervisor at Newegg.com. I came across your complaint and I wanted to give you my immediate attention.

I apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced thus far with your wife's Gift Card order. I can assure you complete satisfaction if you email me from the email address within your account. You can reach me at [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you to resolve this matter in it's entirety.

Aaron Aragonez
    Newegg.com Supervisor

never received my gift card

maestro73 Dec 02, 2009

I can't find where to update my own complaint, so here it is. I disabled my email filter and they resent the card, and I got it. Call it a coincidence since I get every other email from Newegg, but whatever. I got my card and I'm happy.

• Sk
    skookumchuck Dec 07, 2009

I experienced the same issue, but it had nothing to do with my email filter.

I purchased online gift card from New Egg on 11/6/2009; the recipient never received email from New Egg containing gift card. I contacted New Egg customer service and they said they would resend the card to me and the recipient; neither of us received the card. I contacted the customer service department three more times and was told the card would be resent to both parties each time, but again, neither of us received the card.

They were not able to tell me why it was canceled or by whom, and insisted that the money had been refunded to my account on 11/19. My bank has no record of the refund, and New Egg has not provided me with any information from their records indicating the refund ever happened, despite my attempts to gain that information.

I have spoken with numerous customer service reps and an escalation rep, all who have failed to provide me with any proof that New Egg refunded the money. I have filed a dispute with Bank of America about this matter, as attempts to work with New Egg to resolve the matter have been completely futile.

I've been a loyal New Egg customer for years, but I will never buy anything from them again after this ordeal.

DON'T BUY NEW EGG GIFT CARDS!

[Resolved] cs reps are blatant ###s

I returned a defective item for a replacement. After being told by ### #1 they had approved the replacement (duh! it didn't work) I was informed by ### #2 it was rejected and it was being returned to me so I could deal with the manufacturer. Enter ### #3 who responds (this is two months after the initial return request) that they were investigating the issue. What? You need Sherlock Holmes to investigate a defective item? I still have nothing to show for my purchase and I still owe the credit card company for the amount. This is outright theft. The management and staff at Newegg are complete idiots. NEVER do business again with this online scam machine. Tell all your friends!

• Newegg International's response · Sep 14, 2009

Dear David Willis,

First and foremost, I would like to take this time to apologize for any of the inconvenience that this may have caused. In no way, would Newegg ever sway our customers away from business. At this time, I can only imagine your frustration. It seems that your issue has been a nightmare so I would like to help rectify this situation. If you can please contact me directly at [email protected] with a brief message of what you just posted here so that I can remember you, I would sincerely appreciate it.

[Resolved] no replacement for defective item

Horrible customer service! They lie, make promises and reneg. I ordered an item, it was defective and returned it for replacement after receiving an rma authorization and I stated that the original box had been discarded. I was instructed to return it anyway. A few weeks later I am told I need to return the original box, as if they don't even read the emails they are sent. I spoke with a guy who assured me he understood and felt certain they would honor the replacement. Ha ha. Lie number one. Then I am told they were returning the defective item to me! What? Because of a lousy cardboard box? Are you kidding me? Fortunately for me it was charged to their newegg credit card. Think I am going to pay? I don't think so. It will damage my credit but I will not pay for a defective item and support lousy customer service. Buyers beware!

• Newegg International's response · Aug 19, 2009

Dear Rotten Newegg-

On behalf of Newegg please accept our apology for the inconvenience you experienced with your recent attempt to RMA an item to Newegg. Please understand that we would never intentionally do anything to cause you to be dissatisfied with our services.

We would like to discuss this matter you with the intent to resolve the issue to your satisifaction. Please contact Dianne at 800-390-1119 ext 25045 or email her at [email protected] and she will assist you.

Thank you for your time and consideration. We look forward to hearing from you.

[Resolved] not total refund

Hey guys when will this end.. Once again lied to by the guy who posts after every newegg complaint. When promised refund of $892.00 and getting $882.00. I know it's not a big dif, But what the hell! I have been cheated and lied too since the dreary start of dealing with this company.. Also for a little substance, I went out and bought my new laptop (same model) from costco, And guess what, It came with all the plastic film coverings and the plastic caps on the end. Also I had to upgrade IE7 and WMP and even a few other programms, It was like this computer was Band New, Hmmmm I'm not going to imply what I think is true. Bottom line is, This company is a rotton egg..

• Newegg International's response · Jul 14, 2009

Dear blackice,

I truly apologize for any inconvenience. I would be more than happy to get you the rest of your refund as you deserve. Please contact me via email at [email protected] or by telephone at 800-390-1119 ext. 25040. It's never our intention to lie to you for any reason Sir. We want all of our customers to be satisfied with each and every purchase with us. If for some reason we did misinform you or lie to you I truly apologize, that was not our intention. We are not perfect, but we try our very best to make sure our customers are completely satisfied. I will be awaiting your contact.

[Resolved] online scam

I would first like to state that I have purchased alot of items from newegg over well over 5 years now. I...

[Resolved] rebates / customer service

I ordered Crucial Memory that had a 40.00 rebate. The memory arrived without the upc barcode. I wasted 45...

[Resolved] delivery errors

So, this is a brief complaint that should be taken more as a warning than anything else. Beware ordering...

[Resolved] worthless company

I've been buying electronics and computers for 35 years and think I know when I'm getting a good...

[Resolved] lemon computer

Bought an Acer computer from Newegg and not sure if Newegg or Acer is the problem but bought on Dec 27, 2008...

[Resolved] my own personal nightmare

I wanted to share my own personal nightmare in my dealing with NewEgg.com, adding to the multitude of other...

[Resolved] terrible company

I would first like to state that i have purchased a lot of items from NewEgg over well over 5 years now. I know a good bit about computers and computer hardware. Now that being said here was the final straw...

I purchased a video card from NewEgg about 90 days ago. I installed it and it worked for a day. next day saw vertical and horizontal lines and corruption on the screen. I contacted the manufacturer and after a few hours of trying to fix it, it was determined to be defective. I packed it back up, got a return number from NewEgg and shipped it off. Almost 2 weeks went by and I hadn't heard them. I had to contact them, after another 2 days they sent me an e-mail saying they can not acept the return because 'it was missing a serial number and it was being sent back'

No serial numbers were removed so i had no idea what the heck they were talking about. I tried talking to them about it since i have purchased through them for a long time, yet they still would not accept the return. I went on their site because you can write reviews about the product. I submitted a review, 3 days later i received an e-mail stating my review has been rejected! unbelievable!!! i wrote a review about the product then stated NewEgg as refused my RMA. no real slander or cussing.

At this point I am really pissed. On one hand NewEgg is completely blowing me off and on the other they are sending sorry notices and 'we hope you return'...yeah right. I started looking through the product information, it all becomes clear why this is happening, there is a warranty!!! NewEgg doesn't want to deal with it because they know the manufacturer will, yet NewEgg has a 30 day return policy unless something voids the warranty...serial number stickers, easy to remove/lose.

Long story short the manufacturer is indeed picking up NewEggs slack.

HERE IS MY TWO CENTS: NewEgg has become worse and worse over the past 2 years. What the issue is? I don't know maybe the Economy is hitting them hard but i will not go back to using them, their customer service is mediocre at best and they are losing their competitive edge.

Many other sites are able to do what they do with no hassle ruturns and are glad to do what it takes to keep you business.

"Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for taking the time to post your kind review. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may of caused you. Also, we apologize for the delayed response. Nevertheless, we would really like to speak to you to see what we can do for you in this matter. At your earliest convenience please contact me personally at [email protected] or via phone at 800-390-1119 ext 25040 so I may further assist you in this matter.

• Newegg International's response · Nov 09, 2009

Dear Customers,

I humbly apologize for any inconveniences you've experienced with our services. ALL feedback is necessary for companies to improve the service they provide so I thank everyone for letting us know their situations.

With this said, we would never intentionally cause for anyone to be dissatisfied with our service. So we may further assist you, please call Joshua at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or e-mail him at [email protected]

• Bk
    BKidd May 27, 2009

I had the same problem.
    With two video cards in Nov 2007. They don't work. Still don't work. I wasn't as lucky as you though. MSI wouldn't back the cards and NewEgg wouldn't take them back. I still have them if anyone's looking for some 8800 ULTRA video cards. Maybe for a shooting range?

northcarolinapissed Jul 14, 2009

What a worthless company. I bought a digital camera from them and then took it the next day to North Carolina for an extended 2 month stay. I put the batteries in the camera, it started up and I thought I was home free. I go to use the camera and now it doesn't work, it says zoom error. I've had it for a week. I write to New Egg and they won't take it back as I did not travel here with the box. I told them, send me another one and keep the box for the one I return. It takes severald ays to get a response and then still no help! I'm out $128 dollars and I am pissed.

• Cb
    CB007 Nov 09, 2009

Small Business Account - What a JOKE - Not a real help to those in Small Business.

Several are going to file a complaint with BBB and so forth from what I hear.

Watch out for their NEW Business Account they offer. You'll get an email welcoming you to your new account, "Deferred Billing Application Approved". Next, your receiving rude emails with invoices attached, from someone at New Egg, you'll respond...but they never reply back...like they drop off the face of the earth. Then a few days later another email, just with invocies, no introduction, no may I help you...you respond, once again you receive absolutely no response from this person. These are not "canned" emails, this is NOT one of those "unmonitored" email accounts. This is a live, living and breathing human being. Rather rude contacts and I have the emails. It's been a pure nightmare.

What's funny, is some of the equipment we received, had already been used or opened, had a person's name at the Windows start screen. We did NOT buy store returns or refurbished items. So, why did we receive them? We were billed for "New" not "Used". We didn't complain at the time, but after this nightmare, we should have. Some items came with packing so the items were well protected, others arrived with ZERO packing for protection. Most of the boxes looked like they were drop kicked, which New Egg can't control that, but they CAN control using PACKING. I guess that's what happens when your nice and let something slide...it comes back and slaps you in the face.

jared1113 Apr 11, 2011

Newegg is horrible. I have very little time on my hands during the weekday to place orders. I bought an asus laptop from them and it took them 3 days to process my order and then tell me that the order didn't go though and my account was suspended. also it would take them 1-2weeks to take the charge off my bank account WTF a complete hassle. i didn't even receive a notice via email or phone telling me that my account was being suspect. Newegg has dropped in quality i will look else where for my computer needs from now on -jared

• Ce
    Cerberaus May 19, 2012

I strongly recommend using tigerdirect.com. I had an issue with new egg about a year ago and have never used them since. I ordered a computer to an APO, AP address. The computer never came and Newegg not only refused to issue a refund, but they didn't even look into the issue or acknowledge my existence. Since then, I have prevented two of my friends from using Newegg and have only used Tigerdirect. I've had zero issues with them except for one time. Customer service at Tigerdirect was great, refunded the purchase and shipped a new one. Newegg cost me $3500.00 and I'm not even worth looking into. I'll never shop with them and continue to spread the word.

[Resolved] dishonest, deceptive and unfair trade

Early yesterday morning I ordered $3, 560.00+ worth of merchandise from www.newegg.com. My order was placed within plenty of time to meet their "same day processing" deadline of noon PST. I paid for the order, went through Verified by Visa, got a call from my bank confirming the charges, and even got a call from Newegg confirming the charge as valid. All this "checks and balances" seemed somewhere between overboard and extreme, maybe paranoid, but oh well, that's where we stood.

Nothing happened after that. I called and called and was assured my order was processing.

As the hours go by I call and call and I'm told over and over the order will processed but according to their website my order is not doing anything; not being packaged and not being shipped.

As it neared the end of the business day out in CA, I called Newegg for now the 4th time and was told for the 4th time my order would ship. I asked for a supervisor and explained that I have been told over and over that my order will be processed but nothing is happening. She put me on hold while she, according to her, "got with the other department to make sure that order got out today."

They e-mailed me a UPS tracking number. I tracked the package all the way to my door the next day as agreed. When I received the tiny box I found out the box has a $4 hdmi-dvi connector plug in it.

Where is my $4, 000.00? That's what I would like to know.

So I called Newegg and went through a CSR, then a supervisor, then a manager, and continually was told "it will be shipped today." I explained that's what I have been told over and over. So they provided me more UPS tracking numbers and again told me the complete order has shipped.

I told them I don't believe them. This is now the 5th time I have been told the order has shipped and what I got out of it the first time was a $4 plug.

Come to find out, of the UPS tracking numbers they gave me, 2 of them are invalid on the UPS site, and 2 of them only show as billing, not anything picked up or in transit. Nothing has shipped but the $4 plug. Yet, I called again ONE MORE TIME and they tell me "everything has shipped" so I asked them what does the term "shipped" mean to them and they say it means it has left their warehouse. They are lying; the order has not shipped.

My overall $4, 000.00 experience with Newegg is that they continually lie to make you hear what they think you want to hear, they practice fraud and deceptive and unfair trade practices.

I paid for overnight shipping and rush order processing fees and I spent $4, 000 and I have a $4 plug. That's where we stand.

It has consumed umpteen hours of my time chasing my money and/ or my merchandise. This is not how I choose to live my life. Don't make the same mistake.

Now in researching Newegg I'm discovering many customers receiving damaged defective goods when they paid for new merchandise. I hate to think of the horror ahead. I got ripped off on the internet. Time to get the lawyers working on it if I do not have everything I paid for by tomorrow. And I'll expect a full refund on the overnight shipping and "rush" (cough-cough) processing fee at a bare minimum.

"Dear Valued Customer,

• Newegg International's response · Jun 30, 2009

Dear Blackice,

I did go ahead and read your post Sir. Like I told you via phone, there was a mix up from our warehouse which caused this additional mix up. We apologized for that Sir. No company is perfect as we are not either. But we are pretty good in trying to make right on any error or issues you may of had with our company. In this case, like you say above, you had to place a new order for an item that was $100.00 less and with our offer totaled $200.00 off for this whole inconvenience. Yes, I was out of the office the next day on vacation but never thought the order would be voided until I came in the next day in which I called you and we spoke all about what happened.

We understand your anger Sir but hope you do not let this one issue detour you from shopping with us again. If you have any further questions or concerns please contact me via phone and I will be more than happy to speak to you.

• blackice Jun 27, 2009

I posted a few days back about a return. It was agreed upon that I would be sent a new in the box it with in a week. Two weeks later I'm told the item had been repaired and being sent back.. Long story short.. Now having of 60 e-mail correspondence with Newegg over a replacement item, I contacted Mr. Alex Villarino @ Newegg and it went from bad to worse.. He advised he would have my item shipped out and $75.00 toward my next purchase at Newegg (like I will ever shop there again) Be the good guy I am, I advised Mr.Villarino to use that $75.00 toward next day delivery. I received an e-mail from Mr.Villarion advising my order sent and I would have to contact C.S. the next day for the tracking #, Per Mr. Vallarino "Being out of the office that day" I contacted C.S. (what a joke) and the rep had no idea what I was talking about. She requested the e-mail from Mr.Villarino and I sent it.. Never replied back that day. Next day I find the order canceled and my money (for there sake) reissued in to my bank account. I Talked to Mr.Villarino the next day after being advised by C.S. he was not at work, And again went through the con art of apology's and promises. But now he wanted $599.00 due to I would have to reorder the item, , But I would get a $100.00 of the price, , oh yea!! And now the item was on sale, So I would be saving $200.00. Yea right!! Like I would give Newegg more money.. It should have went like this, , , I will send you a new item next day plus the $200.00 off & once that is complete you can issue another payment.. I have filed a Complaint with Consumers Affairs and urge other to do the same.. I smell Class Action Law Suite around the corner for Newegg..

• blackice Jun 29, 2009

Not sure the last posted. It's obvious Mr.Villarino did not read the complaint above before posting.

Comments

[Resolved] double billing for shipping

BEWARE deceptive online ordering from NewEgg.com. If you order multiple items, NewEgg will split your order if items are from different warehouses and charge YOU double or more for Shipping.

The online checkout process provides a quote on shipping based on your address zip code for all items ordered. However, you get a confirmation page AFTER you submit the order that splits the items into separate orders and charges for each shipped item. In my case, the second item went from $6.99 for 3 day shipping to $9.39.

When I complained I was offered a credit on a future purchase and refused a refund of the current duplicate charge.

When I asked to cancel the order, I was denied since they already charged my credit card... even though they hadn't processed the order for shipping!

bad service!

Stay away from this bank! ...I mean that.

I have a newegg preffered account which is managed by this bank. I have called customer service 3 times for some account information and when they do not have the answer all they do is hang up the phone on you!

You can not get a live person if you call back, all you get is a recording with your balance and your payment due date.

This is rude!
Do not have business with this bank!

• Pj
    pjb94 Apr 27, 2011

DO NOT ever get the preferred account.
    I should have ordered from Amazon but thought no interest for 1 year was too cool to pass on.
    It turns out that you don't get a full year no interest but only a half year if you have 2 different categories, 1 full year or a half year no interest.
    Whatever the amount you pay will automatically be divided into two, and you will nvr get rid of them unless you pay in full.
    The most annoying thing is that they DO NOT SEND any statement, online or paper.
    NO REMINDING but charge you $35 if you are 1 day late.
    I could have saved $250 + if I have ordered all parts from Amazon.

rebate never received

Although I completed the required form and submitted the rebate in a timely manner, I was unable to receive $50.00 rebate offered by newegg.com in conjunction with the motherboard manufacturer FoxConn.

I have tried to contact customer service at newegg.com 5 times however they ignore my emails. I have sent by certified mail a letter explainning the situation and they never contacted me.

I realized they ripped me off the $50.00. I would never buy from them again.

saneryin May 25, 2009

I have the same problem. So never trust their so-called "rebate".

I did everything the rebate policy requested, but hearing nothing at all.

That is really frustrating.

• Eg
    eggsnbak0n Apr 09, 2011

Beyond that they won't accept returns for products that have had their labels removed for mail in rebates. If you buy a new one and ship the old one back, they'll do that, but you'll lose the rebate and have to pay for shipping all over again. I actually lost money to build a friends system with them. Needless to say they left a bad taste in my mouth. I actually totally stopped shopping with them for a few years. Now I only buy items that do not have rebates on them and are quite a bit cheaper than other places. Otherwise I won't do business with them.

[Resolved] newegg dishonest, deceptive and unfair trade

Newegg.com - www.newegg.com

$3,560.00+ ordered - they got paid and I got a $4 plug!

Early yesterday morning I ordered $3,560.00+ worth of merchandise from www.newegg.com. My order was placed within plenty of time to meet their "same day processing" deadline of noon PST. I paid for the order, went through Verified by Visa, got a call from my bank confirming the charges, and even got a call from Newegg confirming the charge as valid. All this "checks and balances" seemed somewhere between overboard and extreme, maybe paranoid, but oh well, that's where we stood.

Where is my $4,000.00? That's what I would like to know.

My overall $4,000.00 experience with Newegg is that they continually lie to make you hear what they think you want to hear, they practice fraud and deceptive and unfair trade practices.

I paid for overnight shipping and rush order processing fees and I spent $4,000 and I have a $4 plug. That's where we stand.

• Newegg International's response · Nov 09, 2009

Dear CB007,

I humbly apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced with our service. ALL feedback is necessary for companies to improve the service they provide so I thank you for letting us know their situation.

• Mi
    michaelfeb16 Nov 13, 2008

Wow..you are totally and utterly ignorant.

Rush processing is clearly labeled as not gaurenteed. As a matter of fact, it is stated that they will refund the price for rush processing if it isn't processed that day. As far as shipping goes, Newegg does not run UPS. Some basic research might help your next ### session.

• Ex
    ExNeweggCustomer Feb 25, 2009

My story is no where near as bad as the OP, but it does show that Newegg is resorting to deceptive practices to increase their bottom line.

I was looking for a 360 game as a gift for a friend's son. I found it on Newegg, several dollars cheaper than the next best that I could find. The product page clearly stated "free shipping" with the caveat that this does not apply to PR, HI, or AK. Since I neither live nor am shipping to any of those places, it didn't apply to me.

I go through the checkout, and all seems well until after I input my CC information. At that point, a popup box appears, stating the following

"Some of the items in this order will be shipped from a location that does not support Egg Saver as a shipping option at this time. Please select another shipping method. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

Well, it said nothing on the product page about free shipping being dependent on where the item is shipped from, only the destination. Ok, so I look at the alternate options, and they have the audacity to charge $6.77 for UPS ground on a $10 360 disk!. That's at least double what other vendors charge.

Thus, the conclusion is obvious: Newegg is starting to employ deceptive and underhanded practices in order to bait and switch their customers. You see that sort of thing all the time at the various price aggregate sites: low price to get a high ranking, but then padding it with outrageous shipping fees.

Newegg is worse in this case in this regard, as the very product page states "free shipping" with the usual exceptions. I'm very surprised and disappointed by this change in them. I've been using them for years, and even recommending them to others. No more after this unpleasant experience.

• Kd
    kdawg103 Mar 08, 2009

I have been using Newegg for years and have ordered over $15, 000 worth of merchandise from them. I've never had anything but the most excellent customer service. I've referred many other people to them who also have always had great service. If you read the reviews there, on any product, you'll see people praise Newegg for their customer service and policies regarding returns and shipping speed, etc, even when they are dissatisfied with a particular product. Newegg usually goes above and beyond when people are dissatisfied in order to make it right. I've never purchased from another company on the Internet where I have had as much confidence in my purchases as I have had with Newegg.

While I've never tried to have an order rushed and overnighted, I always get my orders on time or EARLIER than expected. I noticed that the OP didn't follow up. I suppose that if something really bad had happened, (he got "ripped off"), then he would have posted that too to strengthen his case. If it was just a case of his order arriving late, that doesn't look nearly as dramatic and wouldn't be worth comment apparently.

As to ExNeweggCustomer, did you call them and tell them about this issue? I totally disagree that Newegg engages in shipping scams (I have seen that with other sites too). I've never had that experience. I recently ordered a 46" LCD tv with free shipping. The television was by far the cheapest price for that model, by several hundred dollars, and the free shipping was fantastic (arrived early with great service by the delivery guy). I've had free shipping with many other orders, never a problem.

I only stumbled upon this page by accident. I did a google search trying to find out if there is a specific day that Newegg lowers their prices. I don't know how this came up. But as a big fan of Newegg and someone who wants to help other consumers, I couldn't not respond to this. Folks have a tendency to only report the negative. Don't let these negative posts steer you away from Newegg.com, it is a great company.

• Ex
    ExNeweggCustomer Mar 17, 2009

Yes, I did contact them. After trying to bait and switch with the "free shipping" come-on, they said that they'd charge it and then refund me the difference. There's no way I'm going to let a scammer like that charge my CC with the promise of refunding it later.

I use to like Newegg, but they've gone bad. Anybody who promises free shipping and then reneges on it is not to be trusted.

• Cb
    CB007 Nov 09, 2009

Several are going to file a complaint with BBB and so forth from what I hear.

[Resolved] very dissatisfied with the customer service at newegg.com!

I am very dissatisfied with the customer service at newegg.com. I don't know if it is true for all CS...