National Magazine Exchange β€” big scam!

J

I recently entered a 2 Million dollar sweepstakes by telephone from Clearwater FL [protected]. They stated that they would send me some magazines to preview with 90 days to cancel and if I did not cancel I would be charged 67.00 every 4 months. Within 2 days they charged my card 67.08, then another 67.08 within a month.

They also sent me a Value Plus letter for $40.00 in gas with a non existent website to claim the 40.00. Value Plus charged me $1.00. I called National Magazine Exchange and they we VERY rude!!! I kept telling her that I wanted to be credited and cancel these magazines, which I never received in the first place. She said I signed up for FOUR Years!!! What a joke. I kept telling her to cancel this and credit me my $134.00 - and her response was how much trouble it was to get the magazines & make the labels.

Finally after about 30 minutes she said she will refund my money, 'good luck on the sweepstakes', then slammed down the phone. I doubt if this will be this easy to get my money back--so beware of this scam.

• Be
    beenthereB4 May 17, 2020

I received a Vanity Fair magazine I never ordered. Called VF & at the prompt to find out this subscription expire date I found out it was to 2022! These magazine subscriptions are a regular for VF! And VF says they only mail out the magazines requested. They can't even cancel the subscription through the prompt #3. You have to call NPE and tell them to cancel.

I'm going to call them tomorrow, Monday A.M., to cancel. I checked my bank account & don't see a charge to them.

If that happened there's something really wrong! Be aware that Amazon works with mag. subscriptions too. I don't know if they work with NPE or not, but if you've a Prime Membership, check that "magazine subscriptions" option under your account manager box. I don't have anything there so I know Amazon didn't do this.

Balls, this sucks! Yes, if you didn't order it it is a gift. Going to all that trouble of a certified cancellation, etc... is a waste of your valuable time when you never ordered a thing. And, mailing certified costs you money. You shouldn't have to pay anything to get rid of a nuisance mailing. I will recycle my first copy of this more advertising than articles rag. And with cheap smelling but expensive bottled perfume inserts. GADS!

Call National Publishing Exchange, get the name of the person who answers, record on a paper that name, the time and date you called, and cancel! [protected], Monday to Friday 10A.M to 6P.M eastern time.

Tell them, if you know, your subscription period, mine is two years, and ask what that costs. This way you can check your bank account from time to time to see if they sneak in a charge. If that happens, someone has your banking info. Protest the charge to your bank and they can maybe trace it and revoke the payment.
    If you get a bill, write, REFUSED! DID NOT ORDER! RETURN TO SENDER!
    And put it back in the mailbox for pickup. Even take a picture of that envelope so as to have a record you did that, just in case.

Scammers! And they make money getting away with this BS. Karma's a bit#*! And hopefully doesn't wait but acts swiftly.

Brett Patterson Nov 03, 2019

It's a girls watch a very small girl
    It broke putting it on
    The latch came off and I found only one grown woman it fit and she's a very thin small woman
    I can't believe it broke before it was ever worn

• Ge
    Genesis Schelmetty Jul 15, 2019

These scammers put a letter in my email with my name and address I don't know how they got it and I did not sign up for anything the guy that answered the phone sound like a [censored]ing robot! And kept repeating himself! Lol SCAM!

• Renne Hom Jun 24, 2021

@Genesis Schelmetty I’ve just received this same letter in the mail, but they have a different number listed with an 888 toll free area code. They’re expecting a call before or on July 8, 2021.

• Izzy ann Dec 13, 2018

I been canceled for a year. Not being billed anymore but magazines keep coming by the dozens !!!

Brian Fulbright Sr Nov 05, 2018

Called about winning a sweepstates and was offered free magazines for a payment of $1.95, and $33.54 was taking from my account. I would like to have my money back and the magazines cancelled.

• Kg
    Kgabed Sep 19, 2018

I just give them my debit card number and I'm hoping that these guys don't make me a fool of me or they're fraud. I still trying win some money take care and pay off debts, even bills that's all and I'm hoping that they don't take some money off my bank balance. I hope this message goes to E.Wright

• Ea
    Eaglegrl Sep 11, 2018

They sent me letter stating I needed to call [protected] to register my winning #! When I refused to buy their magazines they hung up on me! That's pressure power! Luckily I'm smarter! So many are not n this is so very wrong! Please put a stop to this scam!

joejoeM Aug 20, 2018

Call me over the phone with trick about a sweepstake's

• Or
    Orinio Jun 07, 2017

I am tired of being abused by National magazine Exchange. And the price I am charged for 3 children's magazine.

• Or
    Orinio Jun 07, 2017

I put this on Facebook and am glad I found a solution to the way I was lied to by national magazine exchange of why I could not stop getting new magazines every 2 weeks that I did not order. I was never in the sweepstakes but I got magazines for my kids at school. i only asked for Boys magazine, Humpty Dumpty and one more. I tried to get them to get rid of magazines they would send me for years that I did not sign up for and they lied to me they were going to and never did. I kept getting new magazines like Weekly US, Red Book, ESPN, The Economist, Family Circle, Shape, Men's Health., Forbes etc.
    I asked my mailman could I send them back. He told me no, just throw them away. Because I am an environmentalist I felt bad killing trees and not using them for good.
    Well somebody got my debit card ID and I had to close it down. Later I get a letter from Total Customer Service, Inc. Phone number [protected] telling me I owe 138.84 for 3 months back fee for 3 magazines. I got for children..
    i will pay my debt but I will not unless I get no more magazines I do not want in my life. But I was in shock for 3 magazines my bill is 138.84..

National Magazine Exchange - Big scam!
    COMPLAINTSBOARD.COM

• Am
    American2putAbootNUrAZz! Aug 23, 2016

I just received mail from them saying that I was a big winner and that it was approved! I called and the lady sounded like she was spitting on the phone. I barley could understand her when talking about my winning, except when she does a survey which all the call was about. They tryed to scam me into a deal of paying for their crap! I just repeadly explaned to this lady I don't have a dallor to my name and 7 kids to feed she still insisted that I pay the weekly price of a $1.75. I even asked why would you want to sale me something when I verbably tell you I'm not going to buy it. No answer she just started all over naming each and every magazine off to me and if I find out the exact location that they are, I will find a way to pay them a visit at their crap job! Teach them on how they should be treating the American People! But that gos for ANYONE! American or not. But I zero tolerance for crap spit speaking robbers. They should be on crim stoppers. And it is against anyone's belief for this to be OK unless you spit when you talk. Thanks for reading, and NEVER believe for any reason you should step down to this, giving them the upper hand.

• Jd
    jd*** Apr 21, 2016

At the bottom of the letter it says *All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner is encouraged to consult with a financial advisor prior to making a 'payout' decision.

... if you are foolish enough to pay a "tax" that they will say 'must be paid before they can disburse your winnings to you' then that will be how they scam you.

• Q2
    Q2tpie Nov 04, 2015

I just had to pay a "settlement" fee to finally get out of this "agreement" that I had supposedly breached! When I tried to cancel, there was only an option to pay the rest in full which would be over $1, 000! No thanks. Yes, maybe I'm a little too gullible, but I thought there would be a way to stop it. I'm just glad that I'm finally done and will never have to hear about this stupid National Readers Exchange or whatever name they have... I guess it's a hard lesson learned. Never again.

• Ka
    Kathrine K Brown Oct 08, 2015

Does any one have the number for canceling. I just want to cancel. I called the number that appears on my bank statement and it is not the number for nme. If they are for real why do they give out a false number? Just saying...

• Bu
    Bullmeat Oct 08, 2013

First I got a $1, 100, 000.00 letter saying I had to call to register within 10 days, by 10/10/2013. The grey fine print details on the back in 4 pt type were illegible. I was offered a pair of quartz watches and My choice of 3 magazines to enjoy for $1.29 a month. All they wanted was My credit card #. Having a Current Visa/MC card is a prerequisite for entering their sweepstakes.

Give the letter and the envelope to the PostMaster and he will help you with a mail fraud complaint. This is serious jail time and these people NEED to be put away.

• El
    El Rico Aug 30, 2013

This is to all of you. I just sent Judy a message, that I will now share with you also. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HASSLE WITH ANY COMPANY. Go to your bank and explain the situation. They will be more than glad to file the necessary paperwork to get your money back. They will cancel that card and issue you a new one. Contact only the ones that you want to have that number. Anyone else is SOL. This I have had to do several time myself. Remember this THIS IS YOUR MONEY you are dealing with. Know how to PROTECT YOURSELF. I do hope that this has been helpful!

• La
    lanette70 Jun 17, 2013

i wish i knew about this scam they sent my information to a collector. they are so much of a scam its not funny.

• Je
    Jesupax Jun 27, 2012

BBB in Clearwater gives them a D+ rating and they deserve and F. I ordered magazines for an inmate at the Kentucky State Formatory. He received one month's worth and of course, my money was taken ... 6 payments. Then his magazines ceased. In spite of 7 calls to their so-called customer service, he still has yet to receive any! Please file a complaint with the BBB in Clearwater and get the "F" rating the NME deserves! Perhaps it will save someone else from dealing with this company.

anomsey May 30, 2012

i would like to say nme i was with them a year ago and had to closed my bank acount out be couse of them . ihas in march 6.2012 and now they say i own them $200 from march 6 of this year and i have bill here for $67.08 i has one there creidt call me and i had to pay the $200.oo to them . i cancelled them a year ago . i am not pay for magazines. iam going to call and cancel it . ithank they are scam me.for my money . i have had 2 bank account and to colsed them. for that.have no bank acount. debit card.that is it. and had no money . i do no that thay had a other nme md . that call and say. send nme flordia what sey to them . i thank you. i would like you to look at the one md to. and iam on not call list and mail list.thankyou. quit the company. rip off too.

edboogie2004 Oct 24, 2011

Plus just look at John Doze comment. His comments alone are pretty incriminating of that company. He would know. He's worked there!

edboogie2004 Oct 24, 2011

nmemember, you are a f***ing idiot! At worst, the people who fall for this scam and it is a SCAM are naive and/or desperate. I will admit that. I was 18 at the time and no I didn't think I would have to do research just to call a 1-800 number to enter into a sweepstakes! I assumed it would be an automated call, finished in 2 minutes tops but it turned out to be a sales pitch. That is wrong! They knew that essentially no one would ever call them to buy there stupid ### magazines so what did they did do? Attach a sweepstakes to it to lure people in. Once you call, they use a sales pitch that catches people off guard.

I knew the fact that they were asking for a credit card number was fishy but innocent ole me assumed a legitimate company wouldn't screw me over. I was told that if I buy a magazine subscription for a reduced price, I would receive a second subscription at half price as well as two gold watches (a male and female watch) AND I would be able to cancel at ANYTIME. INSTEAD and listen closely you dumb ###, I was given multi-year subscriptions to the two magazines I did request PLUS several other subscriptions I did not request. I did not receive any gold watches, but I did receive a nice surprise bill of $67.08 about a month later. When I saw this, obviously being outraged I called them to try to cancel immediately but instead got hung up on twice after being on hold for about 10 minutes. Fortunately I did manage to go to my bank and freeze my account to make sure they did not keep taking money from me automatically but the bad news was the damage was already done -- to my finances and to my self esteem for falling for this scam. I felt a lot of shame and honestly wanted to [censored]. But instead of doing that, here I am basically five years later trying to teach people to learn from MY mistakes. Now some people like in the post before mine won't fall for the scam because they do research or they're a little older and have experienced enough in life to know a scam when they see one. But no that does not make me or anyone else '###ed' just because they are naive and desperate to make money any way they can you judgmental piece of trash!

My hostility towards this company has nothing to do with not winning. It's a lottery you dumb ape. It has everything to do with: how did they get my information, the manipulative sales pitch you hear once you call, the multi year subscriptions for ### I didn't want, the outrageous $67 bill for ### magazines, the cancellation policy (or lack thereof), the ridiculous 400% turnover rate for this company (which should tell you something), and where the f*** is my gold watch at? That's my issue with this company. Now f*** off you dummy!

• Co
    Confident in America Jul 14, 2011

I just wanted to let all of you know that I just entered the sweepstakes without spending a dime or giving any card information. All I did was remain calm and refuse any and all offers. I was not going to buy anything, just enter the sweepstakes. I even got in the drawing for the cruise. No dissapointment on either end. They did their job and I did mine. My only advice to anybody is pay attention and know what you are doing before you do it. The notification was sent to my wife and she has no patience for such things so I took care of it for her. It was easier than I thought it would be. Take care and don't take any wooden nickels.

• Izzy ann Nov 20, 2018

@Confident in America Wow. I just commented above to another posting about this situation.
    You must of been really calm. Not sure if I could be that calm or just hang up. I wanted to enter this sweepstakes and I did before. It was magazines that discourages me entering. Long story why I canceled. But if u read my comment above u will understand. I might calm and remain calm. See how far that gets me. Good luck in your sweepstakes entry. Winner winner chicken dinner. Lol
    πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Nm
    nmemember Jun 08, 2011

you people are straight up ###ed. this company is legitimate and as well company who has been in business for other 30 years. in clearwater florida since 1984. they dont want ur money. the script that the agents read from is backed by legal departments. the calls is recorded for ur safety and security. do ur research what is a bond? there 1.1 millions is a bonded guaranteed prize that is backed by a bank. just because u dont win the lottery do u discredit the lottery system? most likely... not every one is gonna win. and the sales from the magazines are the reason why ur entering into the sweepstakes. in a weeks time they make over a million plus sales. they tell u everything up front. verbatim scripting. after you are entered into a sweepstakes they offer you a great package way cheaper than buying them at the store they give u amazing gifts, as well as the ability to exchange ur magazines anytime u want and no additional charge. they hide nothing they are straight to the point and they tell u everything more than once and then they confirm your order 3 times. and even ask u to enter the last 4 digits of ur card into your phone for a final authorization. u people r just dumb ### that believe what you think. ive been a member of the readers exchange program for 10 years now. oh well if i dont win the money. now publishers clearing house the one with ed mcman is the scam. who in there right mind gonna show up on ur door with balloons and ###. no one. do u know what a legal verbal agreement is? when the agents talk to you they are bound by verbatim scripting in a oral contract produced by two lawfirms.

here is an example:

today might be your lucky day because now the National Magazine Exchange has selected you to receive 2 genuine diamond quartz watches. You'll receive a men's and ladies model. They are both very attractive and have a black face with a real diamond at the 12:00 setting.

Yours FREE, just for participating in our exclusive Readers Exchange program.

You will receive 3 nationally published magazines with the ability to change them during your service for the rate of a $1.29 a week. That's not for each one that's for all 3 together. Then you pick out the two you want they give u one extra and no cost to you. then they confirm your selection by stating.

Just to confirm I have everything correct. You do want your free diamond watches and your 3 readers exchange magazines sent to your home in Lansing, MI correct? Great I am going to transfer you to my supervisor who will set you up with the diamond watches and the magazines you have chosen.

So you have to choose your magazines and then the supervisor will tell you about the entire promotion and give u another gift or gifts and then they will confirm your package price for the length of service you want. and then after they obtain your first initial payment they confirm 4 times in a row that it is something you want to do. you are not forced to do it, and it has no relation to the sweepstakes.

And it states in your invitation that there is no purchase or payment required to enter or win any sweepstakes that we offer, and if u so choose to purchase a promotion it will have no reflection on you winning or losing.

So pay no attention to the ###s that are just mad cuz they didnt win. this is a legit company.

• Izzy ann Nov 20, 2018

@nmemember It probably is a legit company. I also got the sweepstakes mail about a year ago and they did offer magazines and I did authorize it. I started receiving tons of magazines so many that I ran out of time to even open and read. My god I was swamped with about 30 different magazines per month. That’s almost 200 in 6 months. I was receiving all sorts of magazines I never even heard of that I did not request . I was billed once 61 dollars or something close to that number and I called to cancel because I was too overwhelmed and had no place to store these magazines. No joke !
    I was expecting 4 a month so I thought. I received maybe 30 per Month. I was never billed again but the magazines Keep coming in daily 😩
    I been donating them to the retirement home
    Today I got 5 a woman’s day .entrepreneur .outdoors. Men’s health (I don’t have a man here to read It lol. So tell me why I’m getting this magazine? Also family circle . Today I received another sweepstakes letter. I googled the number and here we are. I can’t bekieve it. The god damn magazine people !! I’m gonna burn this letter. I’m done. Over and out. Sorry for ranting but you were the first person I found related to a comment on that 800 sweepstakes number. Good luck with winning the sweepstakes! I would enter again but I don’t want to look at another magazine as long as I live. If u win. Don’t forget me. Just kidding.
    Good luck luck to u πŸ€—

• Re
    reciprocate Mar 26, 2011

Hahahahahaha I called NME tonite after receiving one of their sweepstakes entry letters. I did my research FIRST online before falling for some dumb scam. I called the call center and "warned" the representatives (2 separate calls) about the online posts about their company. I told them that they were being used and brainwashed and they needed to look for another job. I harrassed them a little bit. They both got upset and hung up on me. It was cool harrassing a telemarketer instead of the other way around for once.

• Kn
    Knowledge is Key Feb 14, 2011

BBB Rating for National Magazine Exchange
    This business is in the process of responding to 1 complaint(s) previously closed with no response.
    The company mails notices inviting people to call and enter the Million Dollar "Strike It Rich" Sweepstakes. There is no purchase necessary to enter the sweepstakes. The odds of winning are determined by the number of people who enter. The company estimates the odds at no more than 1 in 26 million. The sweepstakes promotion is used by the company to promote magazine subscriptions.

Our file experience shows that the company has received complaints alleging billing disputes, misinterpretation of the sweepstakes promotion, and misunderstanding the company's billing terms. The company has addressed most complaints brought to its attention by the BBB by cancelling the consumer's account or responding to questions regarding the sweepstakes promotion or its billing procedures.

In order to expedite handling of any questions, or if you have a complaint, the company requests that you call their customer service department at [protected] or email them at [email protected]

Business Contact and Profile for National Magazine Exchange
    Principal: Mr. Dennis A. Cahill, CEO
    Customer Contact: Mr. Dennis A. Cahill, CEO
    Entity: Corporation
    Incorporated: August 1985, FL
    Type of Business: Magazine Sales Departments, Sale Outsourcing Companies, Soliciting Organizations
    BBB Accreditation: National Magazine Exchange is not a BBB Accredited business.
    Additional DBA Names: Agora Marketing Solutions, Inc.
    NME
    Think Direct
    Strike It Rich VII Sweepstakes
    Wellness4Life

Products and Services of National Magazine Exchange
    This company offers magazine sales via phone and a telemarketing call center for
    various companies and products.

Business Management
    Additional company management personnel include:
    Mr. William H. Hood - CEO (previous)
    Mrs. Suzanne Tortorice - General Counsel

Fax: [protected]
    Additional Web Addresses
    www.specialdata.com

Licensing for National Magazine Exchange
    This company is in an industry that may require licensing, bonding or registration in order to lawfully do business. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.

If this is truly a legit business then why so many company names and phone numbers?

• Wa
    wally12345 Jan 24, 2011

I think It's all a scam ! they''ll say they have the magazines you want when indeed, they don't at all...In small print it says if your magazines are not there with them, they can send you another magazine...something you wont want. never did get the watches...this is after two years...oh, their nice to you when you order from them, but after they get your money they put a sociopath on the line to talk to you. They treated me like dirt...Don't get anything from these creeps...your best bet is to order from the magazine company themselves...they all offer discounts...and you will get what you want...
    the magazine exchange is just that...an exchange for the magazine you want...for something you don't want. The ones they sent me were all sent to the recylce place. Never even looked at them...I'm surprized the better business buero never stepped in to these creeps who have been around for a long time...I just can't beleive it !

anonnomas Oct 04, 2010

I am a verifier for the national magazine exchange, and as much as I cant stand the callers.I hate this [censor]ing company more. A couple of pointers I can give you is if you dont want to be pitched to, than dont call, if were talking to fast, just ask us to slow down, ask us questions, we'll be more than happy to answer them, if someones rude to you or hangs up on you, that shows how bad they are, not you, just as much the same as a callers rude to me or hangs up on me it shows how bad the caller is, not me.I can care less about these callers, there just looking for hand out. They have no reason to [censor].If being pitched magazines is the worse thing that can happen in there day than they have it made. But however I do care about our buyers, and acknowledge the fact that with out them my employment nor would this sweepstakes ever be possible, and I resent the fact that this company sees the sale as the end of the relationship when it should be the beginning of it.I want to be formal with you people, I want to answer your questions, I would love to provide a customer service approach rather than come off as someone that just wants your credit card number.But unfortunately my company wont allow it.I hear alot of people say were a scam, I beleive were not, the people that work for this company are the ones that get scammed the most, but however if any of you have info proving we are a scam, than please respond to this message, but untill than, saying we are a scam is just is not gonna be evident to me.Again I dont care about people that just call in.So please only buyers refer to this and ll try to help you however I can.

Brooklyn Monroe Sep 28, 2010

I kept telling the supervisor i was not interested in the magazines he was offering and he got upset and transferred me to an automated voicebox telling me I qualify for 45, 000 ha, not to mention they were like Im eligible to win a free blackberry SCAM, soon as the first rep transferred me she seemed really nice and her boss sounded really fake tellin her to continue to enjoy her day u can tell off the bat he was full of [censor], funny thing is he did not ask me for my card number he said I will wait while go get ur card, excuse Im not getting [censor] so that I can charged overdraft fees by the back yea ok. Just do your research before u sign up for anything.

• Ar
    araram Jun 20, 2010

they trick you asking if you would like some magazines they have which I liked because I thought they were free by the way they were explaning me and if you liked one and you let them know that they will ask you if you have a master card or visa, etc. So they can charge but the more you tell them you dont want them they keep insisting you, well like they did to me, I had to speak to various people they were telling me to talk to but i couldnt cancel it because I thought this was the only way i would win the $1, 000, 00 dollars.Ill cancel it as soon as possible even though the magazines are good Ill buy them in the stores its more better than getting my card number because they didnt want to accept money orders.weird. but I let them know that Ill be paying by money order which I did. I called to ask if they received my money order i sent and the told me no after 2 weeks ago Ive sent it to them the amount of $67.08 which they told me I only had to pay$57.08.

• Rd
    Rd61 May 22, 2010

horrible

• Rd
    Rd61 May 22, 2010

This an out rage how can the people of the state allow for this shamble to continue to it American citizen. One can only think of the vulnerable people that are looking for some luck in their life.

• My
    my opion May 01, 2010

i don't know about you john doe but i work there too and have been there for a while i get vacation pay sick time, dental insurence, health insurence, and and alot more benifits so i don't what you mean by you don't get benifits somethings i agree with some i don't but to me its a ok company to work for and do bussiness with to those who felt like they were screwed sorry but i talk to alot of people everyday and they only listen to certain words (selective hearing) when we talk to them and want to hurry things along which i don't blame them but make sure if you pick the magazine and get transfer to a supervisor give the supervisor your full attention so you don't miss a word that why you know what you ar getting yourself into this is not to offend anyone but this just my opion

• Bc
    BCAS Apr 06, 2010

DO NOT CALL THEM! They will not stop badgering for you to choose a magazine. Very un professional. I told them I did not want any magazines and I sure hope they do not send me any. I finally had to hang up on them.

• St
    Stephanieinfl Mar 25, 2010

I received something from national magazine exchange a few days ago and called out of curiosity. The lady I spoke with was very nice and tried to get me to buy the magazines and I just told her I wasn't interested, she didn't try to badger me. She tried with another offer and I again refused, she still maintained her kindness. Once she finished with that last offer she wished me luck and ended the conversation! I'm sorry for those of you who've had a poor experience with this company, but I had an enjoyable one.

edboogie2004 Mar 09, 2010

Thanks John Doze. I understand you want to remain anonymous because you never know who could be reading this. I feel that company is full of sociopaths and feel they too deserve to be shut down and sued. That's why if you scroll through the comments, I have so many of them is because I don't like getting scammed and then nothing happens to the company in return. When that happens it becomes personal with me. Your comment was very insightful and I too hope for your sake you can get fired and get away from these terrible people. Thanks again.

John Doze Mar 08, 2010

I am a current employee of this company and can tell you they are terrible people. No Vacations or vacation pay. Benefits are a joke, must work required hours every week or they will steal hundreds of dollars from you (sales "you" made)for missing just 1 minute of it. Also they will say they wont charge your card for 30-60 days, then as soon as you hang up its processed immediatly. I must take 70 calls a day and 10 of them are people saying ..."why did you overdraft my card"? They tell you that you can have 3 magazines for 1.29 a week then when its time to choose they say pick 2? wtf is that about! This company is banned from doing business in many states, regulated hard in others. How they stay in business is beyond me. I want out...but cant quit, I am hoping they fire me so I can get unemployment. Do not order anything from this company. They are dirty and hopefully will be shutdown soon.

sara_smith Jan 05, 2010

I received a letter in the mail from NME today. I believe it is a scam. They just wouldn't quit with the magazines and wanting my credit card number. I finally hung up on them.

• Tr
    trapperwv1 Dec 11, 2009

I have talked to scammers for up to an hour before telling them I wasn't interested and hung up, I have had the time to do this because I am recovering from surgery. I figure that if I take up their time they won't be taking up someone elses. Of course I can only do one caller at a time. If we as citizens were able to mass spam these groups with the spam they produce they would charge us with a crime. Maybe we need to clean out all our politicians and elect some that would work in favor of the citizens and reign in some of these unscrupulus businesses. I do realize that if it weren't for legitimate business our country would not exist as it does.

• Lo
    lorilamarre Nov 23, 2009

this company is a complete fast talker one cannot get a wrd in as they are trying to get your card number and info i just tried to cancel and got hung up on so called back then got told yes i see you are cancelled i had already emailed them i will be checking my card to see believe me but from all this horrible feedback i doubt it

• Su
    super duper Nov 05, 2009

I recently called the number and entered the sweepstakes. They asked me if I had a major credit or debit card, but never asked me for any actual bank account or credit card information. They were rather pushy with asking me to buy different magazines, but I kept refusing. Finally, the lady that was reading the sales script said I was entered into the contest and would then be transfered over to another department because I was given a free cruise. I then had to speak with a guy, at which time he did ask for a credit card number to reserve tickets. As i was not going to give him anything of the sort, he gave me a 1-800 number and his employer ID and said to call back when I was ready to do anything.

I guess it just depends on who answers the phone at this company, because they definitely did not get any kind of payment info out of me.