Complaints & Reviews

Magazines order added to my bell & howell light order by automated system

On March 20 I ordered exterior lighting system and was offered several other offers without the system acceptimg my NO several times. I have now received a letter stating that my payment will be pulled on 5/27/2020 while I have not only NOT received any magazine for a 30-day trial period but I have not received the original item for which I placed the call. I DO NOT want the magazines and will report this to Federal Trade Commission immediately after this notification to your companypoThe fact that this letter comes from a
PO Box instead of a street address seems a little unusual and I will notify my bank to not accept any charges.

[Resolved] magazines

So I purchase items from Books a Million on January 26, 2019 and was asked if I would like to get a two month free trial of three magazines. I was instructed by the cashier if I did not want to continue but still receive my free trial to cancel before 30-days but will still get the magazines. I have not received any magazines so I call today, February 17, 2019 to cancel and was told since I canceled prior to the 30 days I don't get the two-month free subscription. This is a scam! Do not fall for it. This company does not hold there end of the bargain!

• Magazine Rewards Plus's response · Feb 18, 2019

Hello - We do not have a program at Books-a-Million. This consumer has mistaken us with another company. Thank you.

magazine subscription

I need you to cancel my subscription. I do not authorize you to charge my account. I was sold its under false...

charges after trial period and cancellation

Beware this company is predatory and deceiving. They are also very difficult to get a live person to speak...

[Resolved] add on to order

I might have kept the subscription but never received the magazines. Therefore I cancelled. Why allow a...

Port Lavaca Books

[Resolved] canceled

This is a scam!! Do NOT sign up with Magazine Rewards. I had signed up for a free month trial on the 9th of July so I had till the 9th of August to cancel. The man I spoke to gave me the cancellation number to call, which I did a week before. I was good until the 15th of August when I saw a with-draw from my account of the $25 a month which is what it normally costs after the free trial. I called another number which I had found online to complain about why it was taken out when I had canceled. I was told I had to call two different numbers to cancel my membership, of which the man never told me when I had signed up. They told me I should receive my refund within 10 business days... here it is the 12th of September and I still haven't received it. I called today (12th of Sep.) complaining to them about it. The lady I spoke to said that I haven't received it because I did not get accepted for the refund!!!??? WHAT?? Why would anyone need to be accepted for a refund when they canceled there membership and was still charged!?? This place is ridiculous!! Anyways, now I am told that I have to mail a statement and complaint somewhere to Virginia Beach. This is not worth the headache or stress!! Make sure if you sign up you get all the information and the CORRECT information, it's better to probably not sign up at ALL!!

• Magazine Rewards Plus's response · Sep 12, 2018

We would be happy to help you but we don't see any identifying information for you. Please call customer service and ask to be escalated to a supervisor.

If you cancelled with us (and not some other company) you would have received a 5-digit cancellation code.

$50 walmart card

I called the number provided an got signed up for a rewards plus an magazine reward plus and for a go shop and save after all that the person I spoke to had explained all the info about how to cancel my memberships an the numbers to call and afterwards he also had explained that I would recieve my gift card in the mail up to 5-10 business days. I had already received all three reward cards an information in the mail, I just would like to know when will I recieve my gift card?

[Resolved] unauthorized credit card charges

My credit card and personal information was compromised. I received a call from my credit card company about...

magazine offer

Please cancel magazines I notified bank of charges I had called and canceled @ 7 days ago my bank has been...

magazine plus $50 walmart gift card

My name is Jessica Cochran Huskins. I called about the gift card that I have yet to receive and the guy on the phone told me I had to get the magazine scription in order to get the gift card. That the first 30 days was free and I could cancel before 3/7/18 and wouldn't be charged and would still get the gift card. Which I did!!! But They have now charged 19.95 to my bank. I still haven't received a magazine or gift card. I will be contacting the bank to make sure nothing else gets took out!!!

• Magazine Rewards Plus's response · Mar 08, 2018

Not a scam. Did the customer service representative talk you through the rewards claim process?

• Magazine Rewards Plus's response · Mar 08, 2018

This is a redundant complaint.

• Updated by Jessica cochran huskins · Mar 11, 2018

I couldn’t just stop payment on it had to get a hold new card. Even cost me money to do that and the time I spent doin it and transferring bills over to the new card.

this is a scam-getting charged after I cancelled and never getting anything that was promised

THIS IS A SCAM I cancelled this two months ago and my bank told me you have tried to charge me 3 times in two months plus the charge that is processing now. I Never got anything that was promised in the mail. I am a singer mother and I'm unemployed I don't have any money and you made my bank account negative doing this. Everytime I call now I can't get anyone on the phone, imagine that! THIS IS A SCAM!

[Resolved] walmart gift card

My name is alissa hatfield my subscription numbers are [protected] and [protected].I got magazines and supposed to...

[Resolved] free trial issues to magazines plus gift card

I was harassed about this and do not want ANY magazines or gift card and she kept telling me I had to take this offer which is not what I called about. I am 82 yrs old hard of hearing and understanding and should not have called about this supposedly free offer plus shipping of Beyond Biotics and Perfect Enzymes.
I do not need or want to read any magazines, I tried to tell her I did not want or need any of this, but she really badgered me and wouldn't stop.
Please get me out of this. I am a 24/7 care taker of a very sick husband and I do not need this kind of junk.

• Magazine Rewards Plus's response · Dec 05, 2017

We do not contact customers; our offer is made to consumers who are purchasing another item by phone on a call the customer initiates. Our offers are made by other companies -- we apologize if a rep was pushy. We would like to investigate this further.

We are happy to cancel this order...but we do not know who you are. Can you email us at [email protected] with your full name and zip code? If you can't email, please call 866-933-3143.

Thank you!

Julie Summers Dec 24, 2017

Ordering any product from infomercials is extremely risky because of who these companies hire to take their calls. Any number that is called from the tv to order a product or get information is being answered by another company. Credit card information is sold and personal information is sold to a data bank company and as you know, promises are not kept. Every "additional offer, " which is "Free Rewards Plus, " "Magazines, " etc, the company taking the calls for all infomercials benefits financially with these scams. Anyone who have elderly people in their families need to warn them about buying products on infomercials or even calling numbers from the tv, in order to protect them because that is who these companies prey on.

Annalee Chalos-mcAleese Aug 14, 2018

This business debited a charge to my checking account without my permission. They seemed to have removed it but I can't verify that I'm free of this unwanted service. they have phone numbers for customer service, but put you on lengthy hold... I did not sign up for this and have contacted my bank.

[Resolved] magazines

To whom it may concern:

My name is Edna Esquer, I want to inform you that the magazine rewards business has charged me on 10/2/2017 $20.00 for magazine services that I did not request. I am petitioning, asking for a refund. I did not subscribe for a membership. on the other hand, I am currently unemployed, and do not have any money to spend on magazines.

I hope you understand, my financial situation.

Edna Esquer
1209 Plaza Drive Calexico, Ca 92231
mobile [protected]

• Magazine Rewards Plus's response · Nov 13, 2017

Hello Edna -- We have reviewed the recording of your order for our magazine program. We will send you an email (the one you supply during your order) to allow you to listen to your acceptance of our service. We have refunded your one charge, as a courtesy. Thank you.

Julie Summers Dec 24, 2017

[Resolved] $50.00 walmart gift card!

On 6/18/2017, I called the 800 number([protected])to discuss the offer I received in my Sunday newspaper, a free $50.00 Walmart Gift Card
On 6/18/2017, I called [protected], to discuss the Walmart Gift Card offer. When a lady answered, she explained that the gift card offer was presented in conjunction with a magazine offer: "you are entitled to receive up to 3 issues of your favorite magazines, absolutely Risk-FREE."
My "scam" antennae began to immediately perk up!
The lady, I think she said her name was Rosemary, then proceeded to rattle off about 50 various magazine titles from which I was to choose three. I asked her to pause while I checked to see if i could find the list online at magazine rewards+website. She began to get impatient. There was no list on line of the magazines offered, so I asked her to go slowly through her list, and I chose 3 titles.
She then explained that there was a number to call to stop the offer before they proceeded to extend the charges for a full year's subscription to each of the three magazines I had chosen. That number was [protected].
Intuitively, I asked what would happen if no one answered at that number.
she responded "I'm sure that someone would answer"
When I queried "What makes you sure. Have you tried calling that number?
or are you trying to tell me that sight unseen this was a trustworthy company and..." at this point she hung up on me.
My strong advice is"Stay away from this type of scam offer."
Why isn't there any oversight to protect us consumers from so many pervasive scams? Who is responsible for overseeing these potential scammers?
When I find the answers to this question, I will add it on to this report. Or, maybe someone who is reading this can answer the question. That would greatly please me.

450.00for

• Magazine Rewards Plus's response · Jul 05, 2017

If you contact customer service they will walk you though the steps (step -- it's only one) to claim your gift card. There is a form to fill out which the reps can send to you by email or USPS mail. Customer Service can also work with you to change any of the magazine subscriptions if you like. Thank you.

Julie Summers Dec 24, 2017

[Resolved] magazine rewards plus is a scam

I decided to try the free trail for 30 days so I could receive the $50 Walmart gift card, which I never...

[Resolved] Taking advantage and lies

They took 2.95 out of my checking account after I disputed the charges I received a letter from them saying...

use subscriber id: [protected]

Good afternoon, I still haven´t received the gift card for Walmart. I did everything the correct way: - I...

walmart gift and magazine subscription

I accepted the $1.95 offer on April 13th to receive a $50 Walmart Gift Card and three trials of three...

no magazines, no place on website to unsubscribe, no answer on phone

I was contacted by phone, the Woman was very pushy and I agreed to the "Trial" 3 mo. subscription of three Mag's I could careless about, eventho I had kept saying no. She continued to suggest that I donate them to a hospital or somewhere, so I agreed. Since then even tho I was told I could unsubscribe at any time I can't reach them by Phone or their website! I am very disappointed that I fell for this!! AND NO Magazines either!! Mrs. Craig ID# [protected]

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices