National Car Rental — claimed "damage" to vehicle
Three months after I rented a vehicle for four days in Kalispell, MT, I received an invoice for $983.90 to replace a windshield - for a chip that was less than 1/2" wide. It was not a star, and it was not in the driver's line of sight. I received no contact prior to National completely replacing this windshield, nor was I ever contacted to discuss the "claim" or how to handle it. After receiving this ridiculous bill, I requested a quote from Safelite - it was $310.00 - compared to the $874.90 invoice from Safelite that National provided me as part of their documentation.
I rent cars multiple times a year, and AS STANDARD, upon this car rental, I was told to report ANY damage LARGER THAN A QUARTER. This tiny chip was not ! See the attached photo. The damage was not incurred during my rental period.
I contacted the third party company National utilizes for claims, they did not answer and I have not received a return call.
More National Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] National Car Rental - charging me for damage I know nothing about 
- National Car Rental - no snow tires 
- National Car Rental - changed the rate when I returned the car 
- National Car Rental And Avis Rentals - their a fraud there's no web site on them their already on the complaints board
- National Car Rental - terrible company
- National Car Rental - charge previous bumps and scratches
- [Resolved] National Car Rental - poor unethical behaviour
- [Resolved] National Car Rental - missing in action
- National Car Rental - regarding change in my rental amount for the rented car without informing
- [Resolved] National Car Rental - missing paperwork in car